Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: Dolphin Slaughter {VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT} [Re: kyuzo]
    #608011 - 02/02/12 09:53 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It's not my fault people don't follow laws. :shrug:

Personally I hate vegi's so if I were to stop eating mean I'd be mashed potatoes/Mac n' cheese for life.

Just because i don't go out an firebomb a place I think deserves firebombed right now when I'm barely in my 20's doesn't mean I'm not going to do something after I graduate and have a shit ton of free time?

I'm just as against poor treatment to domestic animals as I am to dolphins, and since my problem with the dolphin slaughter is with the people killing them I think my problem with those slaughtering cows/pigs without following regulations that prevent said pain is perfectly logical. :shrug:

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: Dolphin Slaughter {VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT} [Re: DungenessDank]
    #608030 - 02/02/12 10:55 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
The reality of nature is that the world is a brutal place.

QFT!

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Dolphin Slaughter {VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT} [Re: Stoneth]
    #608438 - 02/05/12 10:07 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
Quote:

DungenessDank said:

QFT!

You should consider that a large proportion of the world gets its meat from hunting, often times with primitive weapons.  Those two examples of cetacean hunts were relatively humane.  Saying that the people in the video should somehow be "above" everyone else and every other species in the world is ridiculous and culturally insensitive.  The cows you see being treated well make up a small percentage of cows in the US, and it is likely that even though you see them grazing in a pasture, a large proportion of their life is spent pent up standing in piles of feces.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Dolphin Slaughter {VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT} [Re: SmOakland]
    #608484 - 02/05/12 05:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Quote:

Stoneth said:
Quote:

DungenessDank said:

QFT!

You should consider that a large proportion of the world gets its meat from hunting, often times with primitive weapons.  Those two examples of cetacean hunts were relatively humane.  Saying that the people in the video should somehow be "above" everyone else and every other species in the world is ridiculous and culturally insensitive.  The cows you see being treated well make up a small percentage of cows in the US, and it is likely that even though you see them grazing in a pasture, a large proportion of their life is spent pent up standing in piles of feces.

Man if your hunting for survival that's completely different than what was happening here.  You really should compare the 2.  In the past it would make sense for this small island to do this type of culling to survive the harsh northern winters.  But that is no longer the case.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Dolphin Slaughter {VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT} [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #608485 - 02/05/12 06:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

What if their country has outlawed personal ownership of guns?

User Gallery

#608487 - 02/05/12 06:26 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

That has nothing to do with what I was getting at.  What these people are doing is not for survival.  It's a coming of age tradition, at least according to that article, and slaughtering and animal to say hey look at me I'm a man now isn't right. 

Like I said I have NO problem with hunting for survival.  But this isn't even hunting.  If they were doing it like the Inuit hunt whale I wouldn't have a problem with it. 

And your response doesn't really make sense in response to what I had posted.

--------------------

-niteowl

User Gallery

#608488 - 02/05/12 06:27 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

And hunting whales with a gun??  Come on man.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#608513 - 02/05/12 07:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

So people shouldn't kill whales because other people don't like it?

I don't think people should smoke weed because other people don't like it.

User Gallery

#608518 - 02/05/12 08:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Smoking weed and killing an animal is a VERY stupid comparison.  You can do better than that.  You might as well say I shouldn't beat my wife because people don't like it..

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#608555 - 02/06/12 04:22 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You shouldn't beat your wife because she has the human right not to be beat. Dolphins have no rights other than the ones superficially imposed on them.

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #608568 - 02/06/12 07:31 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

hawks- the fact that you value the feelings and lives of dolphins more than cows, pigs, chicken, or sheep is due to your biases.  Nobody in the first world NEEDS to kill for survival, but if you eat 99% of mcommercial meat you are paying for carnage of greater scale than what is happening in the vid.

OfflineOpenAnarchy107
Supreme Cannibal
Male

#608613 - 02/06/12 07:13 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

fuck dolphins,it's bob marley's birthday.

--------------------
Free Hugs.

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: Dolphin Slaughter {VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT} [Re: OpenAnarchy107]
    #608614 - 02/06/12 07:15 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

dolphin slaughter is actually the name of my newest anti-animal-rights group band.

Ever heard tweaked salughterd dolphin noises to dubstep backdrops?

User Gallery

#608636 - 02/06/12 09:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
hawks- the fact that you value the feelings and lives of dolphins more than cows, pigs, chicken, or sheep is due to your biases.  Nobody in the first world NEEDS to kill for survival, but if you eat 99% of mcommercial meat you are paying for carnage of greater scale than what is happening in the vid.

Where did I ever state this??

I understand that your trying to infer this since I am speaking up in defense of one animal.  But that is a really weak conclusion. 

I'm a vegetarian man. 

I don't have a problem with people who eat meat.  I have a problem with the way the animals are treated.  I don't care if your killing an animal if it's for your survival.  But what's going on is not for that, as is our beef/chicken/and swine industry.  And all animal products I DO consume come from local certified humane farms.

--------------------

-niteowl

Edited by Hawksresurrection (02/06/12 09:40 PM)

OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Male

Loc: Ca
    #608677 - 02/07/12 05:02 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: Dolphin Slaughter {VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT} [Re: budnectar]
    #608707 - 02/07/12 01:24 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

budnectar said:
Thebooedocksaint, I agree with you 100%. However, if you think Denmark is bad, you don't even want to look into Japan... I watched a documentary on Japanese dolphin slaughter a while ago. Basically, they corral these dolphins by freaking them out hitting these long metal poles in the water, tie em up in a net; then they pick the "best" few to sell to places like Seaworld and kill the rest in a similar manner to the Dutch. However, the point was made in the documentary that dolphins have an extremely high toxic level of mercury. This was all focused on one small fishing village in Japan. And these people fucking knew it! so they lied on the labels of meat they'd sell at stores calling it mackrel or dog or some shit. But in defense of the "tradition" of their local economy, these shady fuckers lied and people got sick- not overtly but like birth defects, sinility. There was even some rule that said it was mandatory that Japanese school children had to eat EVERYTHING in their school lunch. Guesss what? There was fucking dolphin. Oh oh but get this, shit changed because a town council member's child went to that school.

It also mentioned some sort of Japanese treaty to not massacre dolphins and I think that's why this fishing village was dead serious about it's secrecy. And if there's an agreement on paper saying we shouldn't kill dolphins [openly] it's because deep down in our conscience, we know it's wrong, especially in light of the brutality of it.

A. It's toxic to eat.
B. As much as we deny it, everything we do affects the environment for better or worse. Whether they're endangered or not, to say this doesn't have an affect on the environment is such a sign of human arrogance and ignorance. Driving your car affects the environment doesn't it? So killing thousands and thousands of dolphins every year by ambushing them on their annual mating routes just might leave a slightly larger differently shaped footprint.
C. Dolphins are fucking cool.
D. To even argue whether or not they're endangered being the sole pivot of consideration as to if it affects the environment is just  :facepalm:

I reply to every comment with this. Even though a lot of them are hilariously stupid and meant to be ignored. You fuckers are seeming to forget the endpoint. Hint: It ain't so the world won't starve.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale