Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Dolphin Slaughter {VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT} [Re: SmOakland]
    #607666 - 01/31/12 03:27 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilot_whale

On the right hand side.

And on that link you had, it said it was on the low risk. 

According to the IUCN we don't have enough of information to actually know at this point what the population trends are doing.  And if that's the case maybe it's not a great idea to be doing mass killings of them. 

And them putting them on low risk actually indicated that they are a species that needs to be watched.  Just not as closely as some others that are more critical at this point.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mars
Re: Dolphin Slaughter {VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT} [Re: Thebooedocksaint] * 1
    #607723 - 01/31/12 10:20 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Thebooedocksaint, I agree with you 100%. However, if you think Denmark is bad, you don't even want to look into Japan... I watched a documentary on Japanese dolphin slaughter a while ago. Basically, they corral these dolphins by freaking them out hitting these long metal poles in the water, tie em up in a net; then they pick the "best" few to sell to places like Seaworld and kill the rest in a similar manner to the Dutch. However, the point was made in the documentary that dolphins have an extremely high toxic level of mercury. This was all focused on one small fishing village in Japan. And these people fucking knew it! so they lied on the labels of meat they'd sell at stores calling it mackrel or dog or some shit. But in defense of the "tradition" of their local economy, these shady fuckers lied and people got sick- not overtly but like birth defects, sinility. There was even some rule that said it was mandatory that Japanese school children had to eat EVERYTHING in their school lunch. Guesss what? There was fucking dolphin. Oh oh but get this, shit changed because a town council member's child went to that school.

It also mentioned some sort of Japanese treaty to not massacre dolphins and I think that's why this fishing village was dead serious about it's secrecy. And if there's an agreement on paper saying we shouldn't kill dolphins [openly] it's because deep down in our conscience, we know it's wrong, especially in light of the brutality of it.

A. It's toxic to eat.
B. As much as we deny it, everything we do affects the environment for better or worse. Whether they're endangered or not, to say this doesn't have an affect on the environment is such a sign of human arrogance and ignorance. Driving your car affects the environment doesn't it? So killing thousands and thousands of dolphins every year by ambushing them on their annual mating routes just might leave a slightly larger differently shaped footprint.
C. Dolphins are fucking cool.
D. To even argue whether or not they're endangered being the sole pivot of consideration as to if it affects the environment is just  :facepalm:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Dolphin Slaughter {VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT} [Re: budnectar]
    #607728 - 01/31/12 10:35 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

budnectar said:
Thebooedocksaint, I agree with you 100%. However, if you think Denmark is bad, you don't even want to look into Japan... I watched a documentary on Japanese dolphin slaughter a while ago. Basically, they corral these dolphins by freaking them out hitting these long metal poles in the water, tie em up in a net; then they pick the "best" few to sell to places like Seaworld and kill the rest in a similar manner to the Dutch. However, the point was made in the documentary that dolphins have an extremely high toxic level of mercury. This was all focused on one small fishing village in Japan. And these people fucking knew it! so they lied on the labels of meat they'd sell at stores calling it mackrel or dog or some shit. But in defense of the "tradition" of their local economy, these shady fuckers lied and people got sick- not overtly but like birth defects, sinility. There was even some rule that said it was mandatory that Japanese school children had to eat EVERYTHING in their school lunch. Guesss what? There was fucking dolphin. Oh oh but get this, shit changed because a town council member's child went to that school.

It also mentioned some sort of Japanese treaty to not massacre dolphins and I think that's why this fishing village was dead serious about it's secrecy. And if there's an agreement on paper saying we shouldn't kill dolphins [openly] it's because deep down in our conscience, we know it's wrong, especially in light of the brutality of it.

A. It's toxic to eat.
B. As much as we deny it, everything we do affects the environment for better or worse. Whether they're endangered or not, to say this doesn't have an affect on the environment is such a sign of human arrogance and ignorance. Driving your car affects the environment doesn't it? So killing thousands and thousands of dolphins every year by ambushing them on their annual mating routes just might leave a slightly larger differently shaped footprint.
C. Dolphins are fucking cool.
D. To even argue whether or not they're endangered being the sole pivot of consideration as to if it affects the environment is just  :facepalm:

Quite fucking true......

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
Re: Dolphin Slaughter {VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT} [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #607735 - 01/31/12 10:58 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mars
Re: Dolphin Slaughter {VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT} [Re: nannybooboo]
    #607743 - 01/31/12 11:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

:uh:

prehensile dick?

vaginae that can grab your foot and drag you into deep water?

:awewtf:

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Dolphin Slaughter {VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT} [Re: budnectar]
    #607779 - 02/01/12 04:19 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Don't mess with the cloaca.

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

Re: Dolphin Slaughter {VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT} [Re: DungenessDank]
    #607812 - 02/01/12 01:16 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hindus probably think the same about our penchant for beef.  Lacking any rational basis for why such is actually a bad practice, it's all based on cultural norms and perceptions, and no different than an appeal to tradition

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
    #607978 - 02/02/12 07:14 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kyuzo said:
Hindus probably think the same about our penchant for beef.  Lacking any rational basis for why such is actually a bad practice, it's all based on cultural norms and perceptions, and no different than an appeal to tradition

Other than the fact we at least humanely kill our cows, or are supposed to anyways.

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Don't mess with the cloaca.

:thumbup:

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #607981 - 02/02/12 07:24 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

kyuzo said:

Other than the fact we at least humanely kill our cows, or are supposed to anyways.

But the cows do not live in humane conditions their entire lives.  Its even worse for pigs and chicken.  You also need to consider that in nature, every death is painful.  An animal either dies of a very virulent disease of they are killed by another animal.

Edited by SmOakland (02/02/12 07:25 AM)

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Re: Dolphin Slaughter {VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT} [Re: SmOakland] * 1
    #607984 - 02/02/12 07:39 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The reality of nature is that the world is a brutal place.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Dolphin Slaughter {VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT} [Re: SmOakland]
    #607985 - 02/02/12 07:40 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

kyuzo said:

But the cows do not live in humane conditions their entire lives.  Its even worse for pigs and chicken.  You also need to consider that in nature, every death is painful.  An animal either dies of a very virulent disease of they are killed by another animal.

And I hold ourselves to higher standards because we're intelligent sentient beings that can avoid said pain.

And some cows live in humane conditions. I've seen plenty of them living in Rural kansas.

--------------------

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

Re: Dolphin Slaughter {VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT} [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #607992 - 02/02/12 08:12 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

kyuzo said:

I take it it you're absolutely unfamiliar with what goes on in your average slaughterhouse?

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Dolphin Slaughter {VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT} [Re: kyuzo]
    #607993 - 02/02/12 08:19 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I am familiar with laws relating to slaughter houses from American History Class/Government class (I don't remember which it was).

Whether they follow it or not my point has been that the ideal is for there to be little pain for the animal, and I have little respect for those that wouldn't enforce such laws.

In my opinion anyone not enforcing such laws should get fucked by a chainsaw. :shrug:

Are you aware of regulations relating to slaughterhouses?

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#608000 - 02/02/12 09:18 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

They seem to work on every non-politically connected corporation quite well.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#608002 - 02/02/12 09:21 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
They seem to work on every non-politically connected corporation quite well.

And that's why they need to die in a fire clearly?

I really wish nothing but death on people that cause corruption. :shrug:

Just because some places don't follow them doesn't change the fact that it's the ideal situations that I support. I in fact wish nothing but pain and suffering for those that fail to follow those particular laws. :feelsgoodman:

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#608004 - 02/02/12 09:32 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Then why don't you go stop them? Surely if you see nothing wrong with collectively stopping them, there is nothing wrong with an individual stopping them.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#608005 - 02/02/12 09:38 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Then why don't you go stop them? Surely if you see nothing wrong with collectively stopping them, there is nothing wrong with an individual stopping them.

Because I don't feel like throwing my life away to do so? The chances of getting caught to do the kind of things i'd want to do them isn't worth it.

Just because i was nothing but pain and suffering upon corrupt people doesn't mean I'm going to throw away my mostly awesome life just to stop them? Plus once I'm older I can always do the whole "protest/enter politics/etc..." kind of stuff to try to stop it (or just wait until there is an easier way to accomplish my desires that wouldn't land me in jail).

--------------------

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#608007 - 02/02/12 09:41 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
I am familiar with laws relating to slaughter houses from American History Class/Government class (I don't remember which it was).

Whether they follow it or not my point has been that the ideal is for there to be little pain for the animal, and I have little respect for those that wouldn't enforce such laws.

In my opinion anyone not enforcing such laws should get fucked by a chainsaw. :shrug:

yes, are you aware of the difference between regulation and actual enforcement?

Also, I suggest reading up on the recent SC case concerning downer animals in California, or the fact that many commercially produced species do not fall under humane slaughter regulation (chickens being a big one)

PS you're likely talking about Upton Sinclair's jungle, but that mainly concerned health and safety issues for the worker and consumer(mainly the later), not humane treatment

Edited by kyuzo (02/02/12 09:44 AM)

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#608009 - 02/02/12 09:47 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kyuzo said:
Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:

yes, are you aware of the difference between regulation and actual enforcement?

Also, I suggest reading up on the recent SC case concerning downer animals in California, or the fact that many commercially produced species do not fall under humane slaughter regulation (chickens being a big one)regulation

PS you're likely talking about Upton Sinclair's jungle, but that mainly concerned health and safety issues for the worker and consumer(mainly the later)

I've actually never read the jungle.
But now that you mention that i probably either learned about it in Government/Debate. I suppose a lot of laws I've learned are from debate so it's perfectly possible.

And obviously i know the difference if in the original post you quoted me in I meantioned that the laws may or may not be followed. I mean I can quote it for you so you can realize I literally said it's how it's supposed to be according to law.

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:

Did that not make it clear enough that i was aware it probably wasn't followed 100%?

--------------------

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

Re: Dolphin Slaughter {VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT} [Re: Thebooedocksaint] * 2
    #608010 - 02/02/12 09:48 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

DungenessDank said:

Because I don't feel like throwing my life away to do so? The chances of getting caught to do the kind of things i'd want to do them isn't worth it.

Just because i was nothing but pain and suffering upon corrupt people doesn't mean I'm going to throw away my mostly awesome life just to stop them? Plus once I'm older I can always do the whole "protest/enter politics/etc..." kind of stuff to try to stop it (or just wait until there is an easier way to accomplish my desires that wouldn't land me in jail).

Isn't your ideal rather meaningless (and superficial) if it only exists on a piece of paper, and with the sole intent of making you feel better while you snuggle up to that baconator?

I mean, if the issue is animal cruelty, and the meat processing and commercial farming industry is notorious for such, you should be disavowing such products, right?  Otherwise it seems your disgust is more based on not seeing dolphin as a traditional food and driven by how cutsie they are

Edited by kyuzo (02/02/12 09:52 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale