Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
There have been a lot of BHO explosions in the past recent months since bud became legal in two states. I think we need a sticky thread dedicated to safety when working with these sorts of concentrates. It needs some work, but if everyone chipped in it wouldn't be hard to get a basic list going. Its a huge risk working with it and it turns out that common sense is not that common.
When making Butane Hash Oil it is critical that you work in a well ventilated area outside and away from your house. It only takes the spark in a light switch, refridgerater turning on, static electricity (sparking when you touch something metal), pilot lights, or anything that uses electricity, including just plugging things into a wall outlet can cause a spark. A room full of butane is a bomb waiting to go off. A near empty gas can is more explosive than a full one because the vapor is much more volatile.
Avoid contact with eyes, it can burn for awhile.
-------------------- Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED “Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein
Ive never had an explosion myself but have had friends make mistakes and suffer from them . Im Super Safe when playing with explosive gas
-My one buddy was making an iso oil and tried to do a double boiler on a gas stover (open flame ). fucking bowl exploded into flames in his kitchen... all over his arm and leg. Fire and rescue had to come and bring him to the hospital. had BAD burns all over his arms and leg (still has NASTY scars). He told em some cleaning supplies lit up and blew, but i doubt they bought it.
-I was at a bros how while he was making bho in the bathroom (with the window open). We took the regular precautions... windows open/heater off/no smoking/etc. Not best to do it indoors, but in the city there is not much choice.... well Hes in there doing prob the 4th round and I hear KABOOOOOM!!!... I Run to bathroom and see blood running down his face. The glass tube he was using didnt have enough drain holes. so when the tube got ice cold, the pressure exploded the glass tube right in his hands. spraying glass and bho and trim all over the room and on him. thankfully he was wearing glasses and only suffered cutts on his arms and face. Still scary shit tho
Id like to add that butane is heavier than air so if done indoors the gas will sink and collect around the floor. This is why some houses get the roof blown off. The gas is so close to the ground that if ignited all the pressure is directed upwards and out.
It also doesnt explode, it combusts causing a flash fire which can be more dangerous than an explosion. An explosion is just a lot of force like with a grenade or a bomb. A flash fire on the other hand creates a fire ball and such extreme temperatures that after the initial blast everything is caught on fire and continues to burn.
It should always be done outdoors but even then ive seen people blast in tents to shield from wind. If you have any type of shelter make sure it is vented AROUND THE FLOOR and as evenly as possible. A small wind flowing through the bottom of a tent should be good to carry the fumes away from the tent.
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Magash, Data, Miscusi 686 topic views. 0 members, 16 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]