Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Data]
    #558772 - 05/26/11 11:45 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I am wondering how the new synthetic cannabinoids are as far as addiction goes. I have tried a couple different blends and pure but have not ever smoked any long enough to know. THANK GOD!!!  But as pleasurable as they seem, I could see them being a problem if you were to have a supply.?  Some of them feel like the most intense cannabis high you could have. Being the natural(thc/cbs) one is psychological. I am kinda wondering if these synthetics being a full agonist of both receptors cb1 and cb2, will end up enslaving this generation of youngsters. Cannabis is only a partial agonist at CB1 receptors.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #558809 - 05/27/11 08:19 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I actually have a decent amount of experience with this...

I smoked a specific brand of that legal "incense" stuff (JWH derivatives were the actives) for about 6 months when I decided to try and find a job. You quickly build a tolerance for this stuff, and the high is extreme but different, I personally found it impossible to sleep when I had just lit up about 3 or 4 big bong rips, and if I got too high, my stomach would start cramping but it always felt like the main artery running down my abdomen had split and was spraying blood all over my organs (quit scary the first time it happened :eek:). The next day I found it hard to get up, my muscles were slightly achy, and I just couldn't think straight. I was experiencing all of the side effects that my local christian propaganda fountain had told me marijuana would cause, but I had never experienced any of this while smoking MJ. My mental clarity and memory function when I was not high was severely impacted. On top of that my lungs began to deteriorate, and my run times for a specific loop were rising by about 10 seconds per week for a 3.5 mile loop. I also noticed a slight loss of appetite that was in effect 24/7, food just wasn't a thought that came to my head very often (which I assure you is very very strange for me  :donut: )

After my grades at school began to suffer, I decided it was time to quit that shit. Fortunately for me while I was smoking it, I had a fairly reasonable hookup for it and could get 9 grams or so for about 40 dollars, so when I decided to quit I had a hefty amount sitting in my apartment. I quit cold turkey from smoking about 3 grams or more a week, and have had no cravings, I don't miss it, and haven't smoke regular MJ since, except for one time at a party but that was a half puff off of some really crappy mids. I immediatly began to notice my mental clarity and memory function returning, soon after my run times began to improve, and my appetite returned.

I would say that for a person like me, who has a strong family history of addiction and addictive personalities, and who has been addicted to a few substances rather easily in the past, I found these chemicals to not be very addictive over the time period and with the intensity with which I smoked them. I did however notice that said smoke blends have a much more pronounced negative effect on the user's mental and physical well being than MJ. This is a conclusion that I make based purely on my personal experience though, and I'm sure there are other peeps on here that can contribute so we can get a more statistically significant account of how addictive these substances are, hopefully :shrug:.

On a side note, late at night after about 5 big bowl packs (I was exploring the upper limits of this shit) I thought I was a wizard for awhile and could see the aura that I was moving around the room with my thoughts...that shit is crazy :awecid: haha

peace,
agmotes165

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisibleBlueBerry_SwisherS
Heart Slowed

Loc: Raw Headspace Flag
    #558817 - 05/27/11 09:55 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I have found I dont have an addictive personality. I smoked cigarettes for a few months, but they started killing my immune system, so I went up and quit one day, and havent needed one since. Sometimes id like to have one. And as far as weed goes, I used to smoke 2~3 times a day, and it got hard to cut back. I never wanted to cut back, but one day decided I probably needed to for my body's sake. So then it went down to once a day, and now its even less, because lack of money. So I personally think its the person with the problem, not the weed or cigs or chocolate or sex. It all depends on the person. :shrug:

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: BlueBerry_Swisher]
    #558825 - 05/27/11 10:33 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I kinda agree with you on that...with stuff like weed, cigs, even alcohol and cocaine I have seen certain people do it occasionally with no problems...but I do think that certain hard drugs have a higher tendancy to snag you, regardless of your personality. Like say for instance if you compared my addictive personality to your not-so-addictive personality. Regardless of this, we would both probably be at a higher risk of addiction with harder drugs such as (dare I mention the classic) heroine than we both would with softer drugs like MJ, tobacco, alcohol, etc.

There always seems to be a point as you move up the spectrum of drugs at which it goes from requiring little to no effort to stay away from the substance, to requiring a decent to significant amount of effort to avoid the substance...its just with different people this point will be at a different spot on the spectrum...but then again I have little to no experience with hard drugs outside of the hospital due to my Oxycontin experience...it scared me away from all opiates and potentially addictive substances, which is in part due to my addictive personality. :shrug:

peace,
agmotes165

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #558827 - 05/27/11 10:50 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

A7X said:
So I personally think its the person with the problem, not the weed or cigs or chocolate or sex. It all depends on the person. :shrug:

I tend to agree with this statement, for the most part...

Quote:

agmotes165 said:
I kinda agree with you on that...with stuff like weed, cigs, even alcohol and cocaine I have seen certain people do it occasionally with no problems...but I do think that certain hard drugs have a higher tendancy to snag you, regardless of your personality. Like say for instance if you compared my addictive personality to your not-so-addictive personality. Regardless of this, we would both probably be at a higher risk of addiction with harder drugs such as (dare I mention the classic) heroine than we both would with softer drugs like MJ, tobacco, alcohol, etc.

There always seems to be a point as you move up the spectrum of drugs at which it goes from requiring little to no effort to stay away from the substance, to requiring a decent to significant amount of effort to avoid the substance...its just with different people this point will be at a different spot on the spectrum...

peace,
agmotes165

I think you really hit the nail on the head here, Agmotes!

Myself, when I worked on a fishing boat in Alaska, I did a LOT of coke to keep up with the long days. But when I stopped working that hella well-paying job (really, dumbest move ever), I pretty much stopped doing coke. Yea, I'll take a line here and there, but my rule is I won't pay for it unless its a REALLY REALLY special occasion. And even then, I don't have the extra cash to spend on that crap. Its gone so quick I gotta have at least a ball for a good night, and I don't have an extra bill fifty to spend on ANYTHING these days! Lmao!

It'd be a way better night to just get a half gram of Molly and be hella high for hours!

I'm glad I've always been able to contol my illegal drug habits, and now I've finally got a reign on my legal one, too! I know its not that easy for others.

--------------------
My best run so far

Heart Slowed

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Tank333]
    #558830 - 05/27/11 11:07 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah it does seem to be the pattern, the harder the drugs, the harder the addiction.

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#558831 - 05/27/11 11:09 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yea dude, I get mega addicted to shit all the time, thats why I stick to weed and some light social drinking, and the occasional psychedelic encounter :awecid:

I actually managed to quit my caffeine addiction cold turkey (we are talking 2 or 3 energy drinks a day with pretty much constant intake of soda in between, and when I am really hurting for money I will switch to caffeine pills...my work requires constant focus and the ability to crunch numbers and work with computers :grizzlybear: for 12 to 14 hours or more a day. When I quit I had a constant migraine for about a week, and my hands shook like I had Parkinson's for 3 or 4 days...then I just felt like shit for about 2 weeks total before I started feeling better. I have since started back on it (goddamn you non-linear controls) but whatever I really kicked my high tolerance so I stick mainly to about 3 sodas a day, that way my blood pressure isn't several thousand atmospheres all of the time, and I actually sleep about 6 hours a night :dumblol:

peace,
agmotes

--------------------

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Data] * 1
    #558834 - 05/27/11 11:32 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Did you really classify alcohol as a "softer" drug? Why, cuz it's legal? Did you know that alcohol is one of the very few drugs that can actually cause you to die from withdrawal? IMO alcohol is hands down the most dangerous drug there is, because of the nonchalance with which it is viewed...

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#558840 - 05/27/11 12:32 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, that's a bad withdrawl! I have had a love/hate relationship with Mt. Dew for years. At one point I was at about 2 2-liter bottles a day, sometimes 3.... these days though I'm so broke I make a 2-liter of Dew last a week...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #558841 - 05/27/11 12:42 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

What we're you fishing for brah?

Longlining?

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: DungenessDank]
    #558844 - 05/27/11 12:46 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Naw, nothing that exciting. Actually wasn't even fishing. It was processing. A huge ass factory dropped into an old container ship. 550'+ of rust and fish guts... still worked 12 hours a day during the summer and 16 hours a day during the winter though!

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #558845 - 05/27/11 12:50 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Right on, I have friends who started out processing up there for Trident and others and are still working up there, one guy does maintenance at some cannery, and another got a job on working on the pipeline.

Processing isn't my bag, but there is some money in it still for hard workers.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: DungenessDank]
    #558848 - 05/27/11 12:59 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Nice! Yea, processing is definitely NOT for everyone. Its long days of hard, back-breaking work. And never a day off, either. But the fact that you're working anywhere from 85-112+ hours a week means you stack back bank. Its not like you've got the time to go spend it on anything! Lol

I've been wanting to get back on a boat for a while, but the fact that I quit instead of finishing my contract makes it really hard... thought about working the pipeline for a while too, but now that I've got a girl and I'm pretty settled down, moving up there probably wouldn't go over too well. Lol

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Hendershot]
    #558864 - 05/27/11 03:01 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Hendershot said:
Did you really classify alcohol as a "softer" drug? Why, cuz it's legal? Did you know that alcohol is one of the very few drugs that can actually cause you to die from withdrawal? IMO alcohol is hands down the most dangerous drug there is, because of the nonchalance with which it is viewed...

yea i guess i did lump it in there bc of the whole legal status...but you are right, it is a fucking dangerous substance...watched my grandfather slowly kill himself with that and tobacco...that shit will mummify you after a while...he ended up going from a 6'2" beast of a man to a shriveled up gollum-like shell of a man...really sad actually. And you are absolutely right about the withdrawals...when he had his first heart attack, they actually let my grandmother bring him a limited number of beers a day just to keep him from dropping into a coma...shit was crazy intense and I feel kind of retarded for lumping that into the wrong category :shrug: oops

peace,
agmotes165

--------------------

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Harlz]
    #559276 - 05/29/11 12:32 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Harlz said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

not the drugs fault. :shrug:

:ilold: wait so s/he takes drugs, and by taking them their brain releases more drugs, which s/he becomes dependant on, and requires the drug to release the chemicals at all eventually
:thaaannks:

NO.

it's a how your nervous system functions... and memory.

yeah...

Heart Slowed

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: eNtranceAsexit]
    #559278 - 05/29/11 12:33 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Do you want to get banned again???

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#559281 - 05/29/11 12:36 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

oh and btw, i'm just insane and i'm addicted to the taste!

Quote:

A7X said:
Do you want to get banned again???

NO. :mad:

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#559284 - 05/29/11 12:37 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I missed you dude:thumbup:

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: THEBats]
    #559295 - 05/29/11 12:49 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
have the same effect on the reward centers in your brain

Seems you have some reading comprehension issues.  Where did I make the argument drugs passing through the blood-brain barrier don't interact with the reward pathway?  I argued that their interactions are not the same. :rolleyes:

and i agreed with you btw but you're dumbass thought i was even questioning you... when i wasn't... fucking moron.. too many WORDS I CAN'T TAKE IT!

and oh noes!~ i wasted time reading a thread...

WOW, time IS A WASTIN'!

:ilold:  You just can't let this go can you.  Time is a wastin' and it's yours.

I hope you're just frustrated and don't use that kind of grammar out in the real world.

this is entirely untrue... see how i said that? yep. =) i am totally frustrated. and yeah, i was wasting my time... talking about stuff... instead of complaining about the length of a thread or something equally as useless. just because something is presented a certain way doesn't mean you have to think it becomes you. you don't have to worry of what becomes of you... if you think I'VE got a problem... then whatever... there is only so many words that I HAVE to explain to you that while you were well intentioned at first, later you just took this thread completely semantically, and i might add, it was seemingly because of my arguments explaining (futilely) that some posters were making judgments based on subjective assessment, where they're ASSERTIONS to my... well, thread topic, i supposed...  well, they were completely misplaced. HEROIN and this and that... i was talking about addiction and i said some words that apparently "didn't fit" and thus everyone jumped on their notions of what an addict is and what makes an addict and then WHAT is it they are addicted but it wasn't about substance it was about neurology.

and i am no neurologist... so i am SORRY if i didn't come off that way, even though i wanted to discuss the NEUROLOGY of addiction.

seems i have to a pragmatist dork to make any point around here?

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: King Koopa]
    #559296 - 05/29/11 12:51 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
I missed you dude:thumbup:

you know, i'll try and chill out. i think there was some misunderstanding here.

btw, if you spellcheck my SN, i am supposed to corrected to "intransigent".

which is pretty funny.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom