Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineHarlz

Loc: cloudz
Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: eNtranceAsexit] * 1
    #558331 - 05/25/11 07:16 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

not the drugs fault. :shrug:

:ilold: wait so s/he takes drugs, and by taking them their brain releases more drugs, which s/he becomes dependant on, and requires the drug to release the chemicals at all eventually

and its not the drugs fault?

um..there is a huge hole in this logic :bonghit:

btw I only read the first like 10 posts :thaaannks:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBlueBerry_SwisherS
Heart Slowed

Loc: Raw Headspace Flag
Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Harlz]
    #558335 - 05/25/11 07:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Why did he get banned?

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: BlueBerry_Swisher]
    #558336 - 05/25/11 07:24 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Do I really need to explain?

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

InvisibleBlueBerry_SwisherS
Heart Slowed

Loc: Raw Headspace Flag
Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #558338 - 05/25/11 07:25 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

No....just idk. Now I feel stupid for asking :sad:

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

#558360 - 05/25/11 08:13 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
He wont be reading your reply for a few days!

Now if anyone would like to continue this topic, please do. People have opinions and sometimes they don't match your beliefs.

So let's move on, smoke a doob, and discuss this properly!

I agree wholeheartedly!! ummm...what are we discussing exactly?

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Hendershot]
    #558387 - 05/25/11 09:24 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I guess, a subject about weed is not addictive? I really don't understand the purpose of this thread.

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#558394 - 05/25/11 09:39 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

He was talking just about addiction. All the drugs were just examples. He's a crazy mind, but I've met people like him. He's a different mind. He's harmless.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: King Koopa]
    #558396 - 05/25/11 09:46 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Let get back on track please?
Its over and he is not the subject.

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: King Koopa]
    #558408 - 05/25/11 10:07 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well I agree that mental addiction has everything to do with the pleasure center of the brain, and I agree that every single substance that is considered a recreational drug messes with/alters said "pleasure center", and can thus result in addiction (both mentally and physically). However I also believe that when you try a certain substance such as meth or opiates (sorry to reference hard drugs again but really you do have to cover the entire spectrum in order to properly address this subject) then there exists a condition in which you try the substance, do not consciously enjoy the effects of the substance, but afterwards you feel the need for more even though you did not enjoy it. This has to do with the forceful change in brain chemistry due directly to the substance being used. I myself have experienced this when I fell a rather large distance and shattered my pelvis, cracked a few vertebrae, shattered a wrist and broke my jaw and nearly all of my teeth. For the first 3 weeks they had me on Fentanyl, and afterwards they had me on a rather high dose of liquid Oxycontin for nearly 3 months. I have to say I enjoy the effects of weed and psychedelics, but I fucking hated the effects of Oxycontin :homerdrool:. However, when it was time to stop, as much as I wanted to never ever again feel the effects of that shit, when I didn't take it, I would get nauseous and barf every now and again...felt shaky with no appetite, lost a little weight and didnt sleep very well for about a month. Now I may be a baby or something for getting such silly withdrawals from Oxycontin, I can't imagine trying to quit meth or heroine. My point is that even though things that are not physically addictive can be mentally addictive or habit-forming simply because we like doing it or our brains just get used to the act of using them, with substances that physically alter the inner workings of the brain and cause physical withdrawal symptoms are no longer a "habit" since you can start the addiction right after the first use...idk :2cents:

I am much more willing to contribute when there isn't a fire hazard in the thread :tongue:

peace,
agmotes165

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Data]
    #558459 - 05/26/11 05:34 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

There are habits and there are addictions..
I think the very first symptom of an addiction is obsessive/compulsive behavior; anything that affects the pleasure centers of the brain can become an addiction. Smoking, sex, exercise, food, cutting, even tanning..
So I have to say, that depending on the individual, marijuana can be addictive. That doesn't mean it should be illegal though.

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Hendershot]
    #558556 - 05/26/11 12:51 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

There is no doubt that cannabis is psychologically addictive. That you can want or even crave it! Being alive for almost 40 years I have learned alot. Weed, I may not like to quit but I can at anytime. I will feel anxious, hyper, maybe not have much of an appetite and have a little sleep disturbance. Not really a big deal! Now for the others that are physically addictive, that a whole different story. If you quit these cold turkey, you will have issues. Agmotes, you got lucky really. Liquid oxy is damn near heroin. It is considered hill billy heroin in fact. Anyways getting off opiates( not sure the withdrawal of meth) you will get sick! Agmotes said it nicely in his post. Your brain chemistry now needs these thing just to do what it normally does naturally. I brought up prozac because I have seen long time patients who have up and quit cold turkey. They seem to go thru some kind of with drawal. Not as bad as opiates but their brain chemistry was dependant on that drug to help make it function. Off of it they were spaced out and dizzy. Effexor from experience also had an addictive quality. Found that out on accident too. Dr. prescribed cause he thought I was depressed. Took them for a month and then said screw it and quit. I had some symptoms of withdrawal. Sweaty, ill feeling. Anyways, guess this getting drawn out. But I wanted to show the differences in addiction. Cigarettes are psychologically addicting. Although at a higher degree then cannabis. You can quit with out to much ill effect, but mentally your all messed up. Grumpy, hungary, etc. There are varying degrees in all addiction. And some people are tolerant to it as well. I wish I was one of them tolerant ones instead of an addictive personality!

--------------------

Offlinesmurf_master
Master Smurf

Loc: Everywhere Flag
    #558565 - 05/26/11 01:02 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Too... many... words...

need.... more.... lines....

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: smurf_master]
    #558697 - 05/26/11 06:26 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I gotta disagree with ya there, spacemonkey, on the cigarettes comment. I believe cigarettes are both physically and psychologically addicting.

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Tank333]
    #558752 - 05/26/11 10:10 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

And you are right in doing so.

"Withdrawal symptoms are both physical and psychological."

Taken from http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000953.htm

I spoke before I thought! :shrug:

:toast:

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#558753 - 05/26/11 10:15 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yea... its been 7 and a half month since we quit smoking, and it still hasn't gotten much easier than it was a week into it. We've both even given in a half a dozen times or more, mostly when hella drunk. But then each time afterwards it was a mixed reaction of disgust at the taste and the fact we were actually giving in, yet sweet relief to get the sensations back from the nicotene rush...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Tank333]
    #558756 - 05/26/11 10:31 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Nice!
I am also a smoker. For probably 24 years now! Gosh damn, when I actually just did the math I freaked out! My wife says my lungs must be charred!

Anyways, I have not really seriously tried to quit. I was forced to once in the hospital, but I started right away upon leaving. I was also getting fed ativan at a decent rate too. And had a patch. So I really do not have experience in this department.

I am glad you have been able to keeping quitting!  Drinking I could drinking alcohol would be a hard thing to not have a smoke for me too! Since I regularly chase a drink with that nicotine. Same with after dinner! I usually go have a smoke directly afterward. I have gone a few hours at work with out smoking, but not long enough to brag about. So yes I can see both being a problem.

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#558759 - 05/26/11 10:43 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Man, I feel so much better now that I've quit! I can breathe better, I feel sick less. And I have SO MUCH more cash these days!

It was very hard to quit. It took a series of strategic dropping of traditional cigaretee times. First came the most popular one, the "after a bowl" cigarette. We stopped smoking a cigarette after each bowl. If we still wanted to smoke something, we rolled a shake pinner and smoked that. Then it was the after meal cigarette. Then it was the after sex smoke, and so on, till we were down to sharing about 5-8 cigarettes a day. We ended up staying at that level for a few months before we were able to completely quit though...

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#558766 - 05/26/11 10:59 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Ativan is fucking weird...when I was in the hospital I was stuck on my back for 3 weeks and they gave me that shit to help me sleep...but all it did was made me hallucinate like crazy :awecid:

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Data]
    #558767 - 05/26/11 11:08 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

It just made me sleep. I actually fell asleep while talking on the phone.

U may have been allergic to it. I have heard of people doing that on other things and trippig balls.

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#558769 - 05/26/11 11:18 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i do that with most of the stuff they give me via IV, and they usually say "this will help calm you down..." and then I'm usually tripping balls with my heartrate around 160 to 185 for the next hour or so staring at the wall in horror haha :dumblol:

I love weed, shrooms, acid, and I really wanna try DMT at some point...but all of the shit they try to give me in the hospital scares the hell out of me most of the time. That or I get addicted, or both :shrug:

peace,
agmotes165

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds