Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Nothing Is]
    #557999 - 05/24/11 08:49 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

you, id. this thread isn't about heroin... doofus, listen up... leave. this is discussion about the rewards centers of your brain... you know... it's why you like sex... and food... and hobby's, so show a little bit more respect for the topic at hand, and STFU about your silly heroin topic. heroin is bad... I GET IT. :yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: eNtranceAsexit] * 1
    #558000 - 05/24/11 08:51 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
Proof?

any drug that passes your blood-brain barrier has an effect on your reward pathways. they "REALLY" don't? care to have some substance to your argument, or i guess you prefer sounding twelve when you have no proof to your assertion.

or no, they really don't have the "Same" effect....ohhh... even "better". considering i was referring as the "Same effect" as "an effect" as opposed to "no effect".

oh boy, the results here are fascinating... appears addiction is quite a touchy issue, considering most people (here, i bet, even more then the usual) can't comprehend where they are even coming from with not only their drug use, but too, their compulsions to ascertain my arguments with pragmatic tangential preferences for beliefs.

awesome. now again, care to actually prove that your reward center doesn't get effected? it really doesn't matter HOW and TO WHAT REGARD they are effected, considering (for fucks sakes) that i am not talking bout heroin or what drugs do what.

i am talking about the effects on your reward center, from... ANYTHING. CANNABIS being the primer for this argument. not fucking HEROIN. HEROIN is a hard fucking topic because of the stigma attached and the fact that it is one of the more POTENT drugs around... it's not REALLY NECESSARY in this thread. but since it's INSISTED, i concur that... this thread is still on track. :crazy:

If you had the slightest idea about drug pharmacology you would understand how your assertion of drug interactions all being the same is false, regardless of the area of the brain they interact with. 

You seem to be the one ranting and your attempt at insults make you seen prepubescent cognitively.  Also the burden of proof is bestowed upon those who make such claims.  You don't go up to someone and say you can fly then ask them to prove you can't.  Prove you can.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (05/24/11 08:54 PM)

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: THEBats]
    #558004 - 05/24/11 09:06 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i didn't say that all drug interactions were the same... wtf? WHERE? where do i say that?

:rolleyes:

and god here, proof, you shit.

"InputMajor inputs to the nucleus accumbens include prefrontal association cortices, basolateral amygdala, and dopaminergic neurons located in the ventral tegmental area (VTA), which connect via the mesolimbic pathway. Thus the nucleus accumbens is often described as one part of a cortico-striato-thalamo-cortical loop.

Dopaminergic input from the VTA is thought to modulate the activity of neurons within the nucleus accumbens. These terminals are also the site of action of highly-addictive drugs such as cocaine and amphetamine, which cause a manifold increase in dopamine levels in the nucleus accumbens. In addition to cocaine and amphetamine, almost every recreational drug has been shown to increase dopamine levels in the nucleus accumbens"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nucleus_accumbens

now you're going to tell me, that "wiki can't be trusted!! I HEARD THAT!1"

:rolleyes:

and i didn't insult you. i insulted your pathetic attempt to discredit me... and look, you still are... and no proof.

typical... a thread that isn't about mundane vagrancy and it attracts the know it alls and the abridged. :lol:

can't have serious discussion here.. :rolleyes:

here, let me rate your post some more... more ignorant opinionated wastoids need to make their appearance.

like that one? wastoids.

i do. i think it describes the kind of lackey you are going to find in this thread. no one has said shit according to the topic... it's too sticky for the growery, i guess? :shrug:

thanks for trying for having a conversation, though, spacemonkey and tangerines. thanks for asking questions.

Edited by eNtranceAsexit (05/24/11 09:16 PM)

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: eNtranceAsexit]
    #558006 - 05/24/11 09:15 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
have the same effect on the reward centers in your brain

Seems you have some reading comprehension issues.  Where did I make the argument drugs passing through the blood-brain barrier don't interact with the reward pathway?  I argued that their interactions are not the same. :rolleyes:

I agree, it can be difficult to have any serious conversation when you won't even properly read and interpret the responses.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (05/24/11 09:16 PM)

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558007 - 05/24/11 09:19 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
have the same effect on the reward centers in your brain

Seems you have some reading comprehension issues.  Where did I make the argument drugs passing through the blood-brain barrier don't interact with the reward pathway?  I argued that their interactions are not the same. :rolleyes:

and you need read again and again... i never said that the interactions were the same... you did... i said that... "in your brain... there is a thing called a reward center... when your brain's BBB (or blood-brain barrier for the 5th fucking time i have to say that phrase) has a bioavailable substance pass through it... it effects your reward and pleasure centers."

I NEVER SAID HOW.... GO AND READ AND PROVE THAT I EVEN MENTIONED HOW DRUG INTERACT INDEPENDANTLY.

GO AND READ IT AND TELL ME. :yesnod:

Quote:

I agree, it can be difficult to have any serious conversation when you won't even properly read and interpret the responses.

i like to be a smart-ass too... but i have a goddamn clue about who said what. unlike some people... :rolleyes: still waiting for you to show me where i generalize that all drugs have the same interactions with your brains reward center. i said, using WORDS, that the effect is the same as in "ALL DRUGS HAVE AN EFFECT" NOT AS IN "ALL DRUGS HAVE THE SAME EFFECT AS ONE ANOTHER" NO I SAID, "ALL DRUGS WILL HAVE AN EFFECT AND THERE ISN'T A DRUG THAT DOESN'T.

GO FUCK-A-DUCK, if you want be a semantic prick.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#558008 - 05/24/11 09:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You said that all drugs affect the reward pathway in the same way, which they don't.  I don't know what to tell you if you don't understand that. :shrug:

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
i said, using WORDS, that the effect is the same as in "ALL DRUGS HAVE AN EFFECT" NOT AS IN "ALL DRUGS HAVE THE SAME EFFECT AS ONE ANOTHER" NO I SAID, "ALL DRUGS WILL HAVE AN EFFECT AND THERE ISN'T A DRUG THAT DOESN'T.

Perhaps you should say what you mean.  If you meant to say that all drugs affect the reward pathway then you shouldn't go on to say they have the same effect on the reward pathway.

Edited by THEBats (05/25/11 08:40 AM)

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558009 - 05/24/11 09:27 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i didn't say that thoughn, troll fool.

i didn't say that.... just like i said what i am saying now...
omg you a faerknwigujnrwpoihy;]

you idiot... i wasn't talking to you... in the first place... if you can't read the post of WHO i was talking to and THEN my post to see the correlation between someone saying that all the drugs have the same effect in your brain as in it will effect it, and not the saying of all drugs will effect your brain the same way.

READ THESE WORDS...

my post to see the correlation between someone saying that all the drugs have the same effect in your brain, as in it will certainly effect it, and not the saying of all drugs will effect your brain the same way.

ohhhhh.......! reading comprehension... oohhh121111...ge;kjfbiwuagfvjawkguvfbwa

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#558010 - 05/24/11 09:29 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
all drugs that effect your dopaminergic nervous system pathways (which is... all drugs that pass through your blood-brain barrier) have the same effect on the reward centers in your brain... and if you like it, you tend to want to do whatever it is, again.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558011 - 05/24/11 09:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:

Perhaps you should say what you mean.  If you meant to say that all drugs affect the reward pathway then you shouldn't go on to say they have the same effect on the reward pathway.

perhaps you should just assume the role of arguing with somebody for no reason. i meant what i said, you just didn't read my post in the context it was written... NOT for you specifically.

Goddamn. i like a good shit show but that was getting ridiculous
Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
all drugs that effect your dopaminergic nervous system pathways (which is... all drugs that pass through your blood-brain barrier) have the same effect on the reward centers in your brain... and if you like it, you tend to want to do whatever it is, again.

how good of you to avoid the context... here hold on sec :yesnod:

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558013 - 05/24/11 09:36 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
or no, they really don't have the "Same" effect....ohhh... even "better". considering i was referring as the "Same effect" as "an effect" as opposed to "no effect".

here ya go, friend... context. i was explaining that anything that crosses your dopaminergic pathways... which can mainly be comprised of drugs... WILL HAVE AN EFFECT. AN EFFECT = being the same effect as having an effect as opposed to having no effect.

pragmatism doesn't sit well with me... it makes people look like know it alls. but oh well, you wanted prove... here ya go... if you still can't grasp the words i was using then i'll simplify it...

the effect that is the same, is the FACT that the effect is there as opposed to not... AND NOT THE EFFECT OF THE DRUG.

i am talking about anything ... not just recreational drugs... no, that subject just fills a large hole... maybe that generalization is confusing?

Edited by eNtranceAsexit (05/24/11 09:41 PM)

InvisibleBlueBerry_SwisherS
Heart Slowed

Loc: Raw Headspace Flag
    #558014 - 05/24/11 09:39 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I know people who would go as far as sexual favors for weed.:shrug:

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: BlueBerry_Swisher]
    #558018 - 05/24/11 09:48 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

A7X said:
I know people who would go as far as sexual favors for weed.:shrug:

:yesnod:

not condoning the effectiveness of the habit forming reward centers of your brain... but, there ya go... if you can suck dick for weed... proof that you can suck dick for almost anything...

what was the argument about again? :shrug:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#558019 - 05/24/11 09:49 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

here ya go, friend... context. i was explaining that anything that crosses your dopaminergic pathways... which can mainly be comprised of drugs... WILL HAVE AN EFFECT. AN EFFECT = being the same effect as having an effect as opposed to having no effect.

pragmatism doesn't sit well with me... it makes people look like know it alls. but oh well, you wanted prove... here ya go... if you still can't grasp the words i was using then i'll simplify it...

the effect that is the same, is the FACT that the effect is there as opposed to not... AND NOT THE EFFECT OF THE DRUG.

i am talking about anything ... not just recreational drugs... no, that subject just fills a large hole... maybe that generalization is confusing?

If you give the context after the fact then you can't blame anyone but yourself for misinterpreting what you mean.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

InvisibleBlueBerry_SwisherS
Heart Slowed

Loc: Raw Headspace Flag
    #558020 - 05/24/11 09:54 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

This thread just gave me inspiration.

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558021 - 05/24/11 09:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

If you give the context after the fact then you can't blame anyone but yourself for misinterpreting what you mean.

i didn't blame you? you suggested it... not me.

so this a public forum where the context doesn't always apply the last person who posted? who would have guessed, right? :rolleyes:

consider that i wasn't even talking to you... and you didn't see the subtext of what i was saying to a complete random stranger to you. and you being a stranger yourself, to me, of course i'd only give you context out of turn... and this isn't even about words... this is about how i said one thing and you took it out context and then bashed me for nothing... i called you a tard, and told you the context of the circumstances around me SAYING WHAT I SAID AND WHY, and you continued to blather on and on about what i HAD said and not what i was telling you i meant... which you now understand and you just wannna just troll me to death mmm? don't you? :trolldance:
lose much?

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558022 - 05/24/11 10:01 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

for the record... for any dumbass who thinks this is about drug use in general.

i am not condoning drug use.
read the thread.
man, i am going to get alot of flak for speaking my mind aren't i? (figures :tongue:)
the thread is about how anything can cause an addiction, if anything. you guys turned it into heroin and semantics, but it's just what i could expect from a bunch of hive-minded hippies. nawww.... just kidding... i just think you all took this thread the wrong way. i never said that drugs didn't cause addictions... and that's how some of you took it. read the thread again, if you want the proof.. it's in the pudding.

never uttered the words once... :facepalm:

and again, painful thanks to tangerines and spacemonkey and... wait there was one more... i didn't even reply to =(

Quote:

numonk said:
No shit.

But you just defined marijuana to be addictive, as those who are addicted to it.

And, actually, not all habits are addictive. There are plenty of socially-analyzed data on such things.

~Monk

my thread title? it was a play on words, and it was satire. :yesnod:

oh yeah, and also... i know that not all habits are addictive, but all habits are habitual. right?

and thanks bats for participating, but a semantic argument about what drugs do in the brain? i already know this... you don't need to tell me. i know that all drugs do different things, i've read substantially on all the drugs i've tried and their relatives. it was a semantic argument, and totally frivolous.

Edited by eNtranceAsexit (05/24/11 10:22 PM)

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#558023 - 05/24/11 10:05 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:ilold:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558024 - 05/24/11 10:08 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
:ilold:

not funny, you bandwagon of shitstained creases. much disdain you've caused me!1 i've got bad ratings now. +(

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#558026 - 05/24/11 10:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Losing never felt so good. :winning1:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558027 - 05/24/11 10:26 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i seriously hate you now... no... no no no, you must die... *reward center activated - ego self-preservation alert* die evil fucking prick, dieeeee :borg:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals