Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE.
    #557859 - 05/24/11 10:28 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Your habits are addictive.

You have a Limbic system... it's responsible for gathering information for forward thinking attitudes.

These things for gathering are things such as...

1: reward and pleasure
2: memory storage and re-collection
3: among other things involving your mood

so...

When you enforce actions or thoughts that reinforce behaviour that is a: "addictive" or b: "pleasurable" you are, in effect, becoming habitually attached to "said processes".

so when you say that "you can so get addicted to weed!1 look at me!1 i had(have) to quit!1 look how pathetic weed or *substitute with Meth or some kind of stimulant* can make you!1"

BURRRr... wrong.

you are reinforcing all of your shitty actions that make you feel that way... it's not ANY sort of substances fault.

i read this dictionary article someone posted...

ad·dict·ed/əˈdiktid/Adjective
1. Physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it

ad·dic·tion noun \ə-ˈdik-shən, a-\
: the quality or state of being addicted <addiction to reading>
: compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance (as heroin, nicotine, or alcohol) characterized by tolerance and by well-defined physiological symptoms upon withdrawal; broadly : persistent compulsive use of a substance

and i go "wow... they love to make one-ended stories at Webster, don't they?" because this is a more accurate description without any pushed wishy-washy nonsense.

–noun
the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

hell, even that one has to mention "narcotics"

HA! i guess all those endorphins and dopamine in your body are all drugs that need to kept in check... watch out that you don't addicted to eating or exercise! :lol:

take this post how you will, i supose, but... it's bullshit. the whole ideal that you can't control what you do when you put a substance into your body, is WRONG! PERIOD.

Edited by eNtranceAsexit (05/24/11 10:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNothing Is

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: eNtranceAsexit] * 3
    #557868 - 05/24/11 11:51 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

heroin is addictive

people suck dick for it

weed is like tv you're likely to use it but you're not sucking dick for it

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Nothing Is]
    #557874 - 05/24/11 12:15 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

explain why heroin is addictive and why someone would suck a dick for some crumbs.

explain what the crumbs do and how it is so importent for the body to maintain the levels of heroin that a "junkie" wants...

you can't, can you?

PS: the great Sun Ra is great.

Offlinenumonk

Loc: Back! From the digestive ...
Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: eNtranceAsexit]
    #557879 - 05/24/11 01:19 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

No shit.

But you just defined marijuana to be addictive, as those who are addicted to it.

And, actually, not all habits are addictive. There are plenty of socially-analyzed data on such things.

~Monk

OfflineNothing Is

#557880 - 05/24/11 01:32 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
explain why heroin is addictive and why someone would suck a dick for some crumbs.

explain what the crumbs do and how it is so importent for the body to maintain the levels of heroin that a "junkie" wants...

you can't, can you?

whatev.. ive seen the needle and the damage done, lost friends to smack--- weed is good for you

heroin is bad

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Nothing Is]
    #557881 - 05/24/11 01:35 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

awesome. quoting a song will help your logic.

heroin is bad, sure... because pain relief is bad, a necessary evil, but still horrifically bad.

pain control... pfFFT! for pussies who can't HANDLE the pain. :ooo:

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: eNtranceAsexit] * 1
    #557884 - 05/24/11 02:33 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Opiate addiction is not just a craving! It literally changes your brain chemistry. And yes I suppose it is the reward center that enforces that. I can tell you from experience, not by what is in books or wikipedia! I had no craving to take opiates and actually had bad side effects that out wieghed anyting positive. I wanted to quit! My brain wouldn't let me! Why? Because my chemistry changed and my brain now needed this substance to get thru the day! I hated it! Like taking a ani depressant! After repeated and prolonged use of this stuff, your brain reacts and now depends on this substance to make the chemicals it needs to function. Try a prozac patient. Tell them to quit and see what happens! They get sick! Their brains need the stuff to function. And what is the reward in prozac?

Cannabis is not addictive in the ways I mentioned! It is not nessecary to keep smoking if you don't want too. And no ill effects. Life goes on with maybe a weak appetite and a little insomnia for a day or 2. No dependence. You can read all the pro drug bullshit you want. This what I said is truth and I lived it!!!!:shrug:

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #557885 - 05/24/11 02:35 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Opiates- mentally and physically addictive

PAHT - mentally addictive

:shrug:

THe truth.  Anything can be mentally addictive from video games to buying clothes.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Tangerines]
    #557899 - 05/24/11 03:29 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

It's not so much whether or not weed is addictive but how that addiction rates compared to everything else we encounter in our lives.  Weed can be very habitual but that doesn't mean for some people there isn't more going on there.

The most addictive drugs are those which have have all three factors of addiction; physical, psychological and habituation.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: THEBats]
    #557905 - 05/24/11 04:08 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Also including the factor of addictions which synergize.  Such as the needle and the dope.  Both addictions, one enabling the other.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#557924 - 05/24/11 05:09 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
Opiate addiction is not just a craving! It literally changes your brain chemistry. And yes I suppose it is the reward center that enforces that. I can tell you from experience, not by what is in books or wikipedia! I had no craving to take opiates and actually had bad side effects that out wieghed anyting positive. I wanted to quit! My brain wouldn't let me! Why? Because my chemistry changed and my brain now needed this substance to get thru the day! I hated it! Like taking a ani depressant! After repeated and prolonged use of this stuff, your brain reacts and now depends on this substance to make the chemicals it needs to function. Try a prozac patient. Tell them to quit and see what happens! They get sick! Their brains need the stuff to function. And what is the reward in prozac?

Cannabis is not addictive in the ways I mentioned! It is not necessary to keep smoking if you don't want too. And no ill effects. Life goes on with maybe a weak appetite and a little insomnia for a day or 2. No dependence. You can read all the pro drug bullshit you want. This what I said is truth and I lived it!!!!:shrug:

did you pump acumbens altering, dopamine loaded Heroin into your veins? oops. should have known that that would happen. it has a completely different addiction potential because yeah... you're flooding your reward center with nerve damaging dopaminergic drugs.

not the drugs fault. :shrug:

and don't give me pro-drugs nothing... puh-lease. this is not propaganda, it's a simple misunderstanding. prozac? the reward is doctors telling you that it'll help your head. and how? by filling your prescription and taking your daily doses, your body builds it up in itself, and since your liver processes this drug in a slow and ill-developed way, the concentrations in your body causes the influx of the drug to your 5HT receptors, causing them to developmentally alter the re-uptake of Serotonin and all of this taking more then 5 weeks to actually reach the peak amount of the drug, with which this effect is reached.

it's a horrible complicated number of actions that said person is taking to combat their "ailments".

and these actions are otherwise known as... damage.

same goes with Opiates, well... when you bang it, anyways. :shrug:

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#557925 - 05/24/11 05:11 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

He never said it was the drugs fault.  What are you arguing again?

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Tangerines]
    #557929 - 05/24/11 05:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

he argued Opiate addiction is not just a craving...

yeah it is. that's my new argument. that there is no special "craving" drug, nor that there is a natural "Craving" for anything.

ie, you can say that, hypothetically, that shooting H is akin to giving your brain so much pleasure it doesn't even know what to do with.

that it's so influential, you can't even tell how much so and why you're going from (perhaps) trying some pill... to popping them three times a week... to shooting Heroin.

and then you're left with a monkey on your back.

Edited by eNtranceAsexit (05/24/11 06:02 PM)

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#557949 - 05/24/11 05:57 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'm craving to ravage some vag tonight. And that, my friend, is as natural as you can get.:peace:

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: King Koopa]
    #557951 - 05/24/11 06:00 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

well... you want to exist... so you... ya know, pain and relief with endorphins and...  ahh nevermind...

i'd retain that information, anyday!1 BWAAHAHA!1 :dizope:

nice subject change. :zappa:

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
    #557975 - 05/24/11 07:00 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

So in essence, your comparing the damage, as you call it of cannabis to heroin?

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

you can't, can you?

There is no comparison! ! Reward system my ass! It becomes part of your body chemistry. I DID NOT crave the drug morphine. I did crave to have my normal life back! I hated the DEPENDENCE of the drug. I wanted off! And when I tried, my body punished me for it! It is not a mental challenge that you can simply overcome by saying I will not take this no more. I suppose you could, but then pay the price! I did pay the price. Cold turkey!

Cannabis I have quit for many reasons at many different times and the worst I felt was insomnia. No sickness what so ever. And this mental addiction, yes you can over come this with out real ill effect.

But don't compare the 2!

Btw, I was a doctor induced addict. Yes I liked opies on and off thru life. But pain management was serious for me. I had a herniated disk in my lower back that brought me to tears on numerous occasions. Made it impossible to do my job and perform my duties as a father and husband. I went thru physical therapy, got steroid injections, infrared therapy, tens therapy, tried many many non addictive pain killers and had no luck. Doc finally sends me to pain management and he starts a regimen of opiates. Started real low since I was concerned about addiction. Unfortunately, these didn't work either. Next course of meds went a bit higher and along came a long acting one,MSContin. Addiction happened to me and I did not even enjoy it! Obviously my brain did tho!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#557982 - 05/24/11 07:09 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

believe me, i already have guessed. i know many people that have gotten in the same way before.

but so you know, i am NOT comparing the two together... i am maybe at the most, comparing drug use... with normalcy... and vise-versa.
i am sorry that you had that happen with your back and shit, but you know, i wasn't saying that you can over-come such a "craving" or "addiction"  with just mental fortitude. no, that argument if you think it was made was probably more an advocate for marijuana... but the argument i was making was that an addiction is done through reward and pleasure centers in your brain, and not from drugs themselves. the drugs are a catalyst for many different proportionate changes in body and brain chemistry leading to the perceived effects. you either enjoy these changes or don't... and if you do... you repeat, in most likely circumstances.

heroin might "re-wire" your body chemistry but not unlike any other way a drug will do that... all drugs that effect your dopaminergic nervous system pathways (which is... all drugs that pass through your blood-brain barrier) have the same effect on the reward centers in your brain... and if you like it, you tend to want to do whatever it is, again.

and if not, then you usually remember that you don't like it and thus won't do it again, unless of course... you tell your brain different.
then in that case, you can see that even against your will, surely you can get addicted to something you don't even like... but it's done by force... not by accident.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#557990 - 05/24/11 07:57 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
heroin might "re-wire" your body chemistry but not unlike any other way a drug will do that... all drugs that effect your dopaminergic nervous system pathways (which is... all drugs that pass through your blood-brain barrier) have the same effect on the reward centers in your brain... and if you like it, you tend to want to do whatever it is, again.

Ummm no they really don't.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: THEBats]
    #557994 - 05/24/11 08:13 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Proof?

any drug that passes your blood-brain barrier has an effect on your reward pathways. they "REALLY" don't? care to have some substance to your argument, or i guess you prefer sounding twelve when you have no proof to your assertion.

or no, they really don't have the "Same" effect....ohhh... even "better". considering i was referring as the "Same effect" as "an effect" as opposed to "no effect".

oh boy, the results here are fascinating... appears addiction is quite a touchy issue, considering most people (here, i bet, even more then the usual) can't comprehend where they are even coming from with not only their drug use, but too, their compulsions to ascertain my arguments with pragmatic tangential preferences for beliefs.

awesome. now again, care to actually prove that your reward center doesn't get effected? it really doesn't matter HOW and TO WHAT REGARD they are effected, considering (for fucks sakes) that i am not talking bout heroin or what drugs do what.

i am talking about the effects on your reward center, from... ANYTHING. CANNABIS being the primer for this argument. not fucking HEROIN. HEROIN is a hard fucking topic because of the stigma attached and the fact that it is one of the more POTENT drugs around... it's not REALLY NECESSARY in this thread. but since it's INSISTED, i concur that... this thread is still on track. :crazy:

Edited by eNtranceAsexit (05/24/11 08:20 PM)

OfflineNothing Is

#557998 - 05/24/11 08:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i'm gonna say it again because it's the one point that settles it

people don't suck dick for weed

the end

lock this thread please the discussion is over

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals