Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
Re: 120w CFL+ 70w HPS closet grow. [Re: muse42]
    #546102 - 04/13/11 03:41 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

UPDATE: Well I'm sort of regretting just dumping 200 ladybugs into my closet because today there are all these little things on the leaves which I presume to be ladybug turds, they are orange in color. But the ladybugs have started going onto the undersides of the leaves hopefully eating what little bugs there are. But now that the ladybugs are here I can't spray with neem oil anymore because it will kill them so I don't know if this was the smartest idea in the world. If the ladybugs don't eat all the parasites in the next few days the parasite eggs will hatch and the problem might get even worse!

On a more positive note today is the first day I stepped into the closet and really caught a good pungent wiff of the good stuff. I'm really looking forward to making hash as well because almost all the leaves are getting covered in small amounts of trichomes!!!

Today is the 27th day of flowering and I will probably have to wait at least another 40 days.  :jah:

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Re: 120w CFL+ 70w HPS closet grow. [Re: Doc]
    #546526 - 04/14/11 09:54 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

UPDATE: Got some new genetics today!  I helped my friend move 80 clones and some mothers in my truck today and he gave me some plants but the risk far outweighed the reward (well I guess in my state 80 is still a misdemeanor) but we made it safely and right before we pulled into this alley a cop passed us. It was making me paranoid driving around with all those plants but now I have three awesome new strains!

My new strains are "White Russian" "Russian Fruit" and another one my friend developed called "AKB". These are all good strains with the White Russian having a high leaf to calyx ratio yet yielding very potent buds, and the Russian Fruit having a good heavy yield with very fruity smelling buds. The AKB is just a cross of some stuff, it stands for albu-kush-berry, my friend made the name up its pretty silly but funny.  I am really looking forward to nursing these plants back to health because they are some very well rooted but very neglected clones that my friend just got back from someone who was watching them while he's on the run from the law. I guess the person who was taking care of them just did a horrible job at it but I think I can bring these plants back to life! Right now the clones look horrible so I won't even bother posting any pics till they start vegging out some.

EDIT: I have been trying to find the lineage on these strains and just came up with what I should have already known cause it's so  obvious but; White Russian=(Serious) AK47 x WW And "Russian Fruit" doesn't seem to exist so I figure my stoner ass buddy just mixed it up and it's actually Juicy Russian. Juicy Russian = Juicy Fruit x AK47

--------------------

Edited by Doc (04/14/11 11:03 PM)

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
    #546529 - 04/14/11 10:00 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Sweet Score!
:awedancexmas:

Check them for bugs.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Re: 120w CFL+ 70w HPS closet grow. [Re: muse42]
    #546553 - 04/14/11 11:06 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah  good call man, I should have checked them before I brought them  into the house, but oh well they seem to be A-OK! :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

#547913 - 04/18/11 04:04 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

UPDATE: Today is the 30th day of flowering and the plants are really showing it. I love seeing buds as they develop and become fatter and fatter! The main buds are just really developing now and it's freakin sweet! I can't wait to see them fill in as they stop stretching and really pack on the pistils! WHOOO! The strains my friend gave me are finally looking good and they have those sort of pointy little tips on the buds kinda like a sativa. The small bud leaves are all frosted and the trichomes are already swelling on the white-berry plants.

I think I will harvest one of the WB plants early cause a lot of the hairs are already turning red. I will probably harvest this one at day 45-50 just to have something to puff on while I let the other white berries really finish up nicely. After I harvest the white-berry plants I can let the strains my friend gave me develop out some more, because they seem like they will take longer, and I always remember wishing my friend had waited longer on these strains when we would smoke them.

The bug problem seems to be under control and I can hardly find a single little pest on any of the leaves but I will stay vigilant and fight the infestation everyday!! Even if it just means inspecting the plants and using my fingers to crush and egg or bug here or there or spraying with neem oil or the ladybugs, these bugs are GOIN THE F**K DOWN!

--------------------

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #548512 - 04/20/11 01:54 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Cut out all of the dead looking stuff to prevent mold and allow more air exchange. 

Looks good

--------------------
x:tongue:

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Re: 120w CFL+ 70w HPS closet grow. [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #549687 - 04/23/11 09:42 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Good advice mushrooman420 this is important its just that I get too lazy cause getting all those little leaves out of the center can be a bitch!

UPDATE: Got a new fertilizer cause I think the one I have been using has too much nitrogen so I switched to "Roots Organics HPK" The numbers are 0-5-4 and it only has two ingredients, bat guano, and a mineral called langbenite. It seems like a pretty decent fertilizer and I got it for free by trading some rockwool slabs to my local hydro store for it.
Also I got some stuff called Floralicious but I don't know if I'm gonna use it because it is just like soy sauce, it is made out of vegetable protein hydrolysate and humic acid and sea kelp extract.

I changed out the solution in the hydro system yesterday and added 5.5 gallons of RO water and 5 TBS of the HPK along with some mycorhizals and humic acid. I guess I'm starting to flush in a sense because I'm only using phosphorus and potassium in the nutrient solution, with no micros or nitrogen present. Using the RO water should help me get a better cleaner flush.

Since adding this new fertilizer the plants grew enough to be noticeable and even seem to have put more resin on the buds!

UPDATE 04/26: In two days it will be day 40 of flowering for the plants so I added three or four TBSP of molasses to the water and on 04/29 I will empty out the reservoir and add 8 gallons of RO water and start flushing. Then a week later I will change the water again and  the plants should be done soon after that.

I chopped a plant that went hermy on me even though it didn't have any real buds on it. I just threw another clone in to replace the plant and I figure if some other plants are ready earlier than others I will chop them and put a clone in there just to get the clones started on the flowering cycle.

--------------------

Edited by Doc (04/26/11 05:26 PM)

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

#552256 - 05/01/11 08:33 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

UPDATE:

Well I have been really busy the last few weeks so I haven't been updating as frequently as I would like to. I have had three plants that turned hermie on me so I chopped them down. I just threw some other clones in their place to get them started on the flowering cycle.

Surprisingly the hermie buds get me stoned even though none of the crystals are amber! Also they taste alright even though they haven't even been properly flushed. I can't wait to find out what the proper bud is gonna be like! One of the plants is definitely showing its sativa heritage with ridiculously skinny buds that look super good. Some sativas get those giant fluffy buds, but this sativa has those buds that are just like sticks with pistils on them and they look cool as hell!
One of the white-berry has just one solid bud going up the stem and I'm trying to get a clone to preserve that phenotype.
Recently I met the owner of a hydro-store and I guess hes going to give me a master kush cross with something else he calls it "rosy posy" that hes selling the seeds for. It's supposed to be really good shit and I can't wait to start growing it!
I'm in the last few weeks now and am flushing with 8 gallons of RO water and I separately flushed the rockwool with five gallons of water that I drained into a bucket.

Can't wait to make hash too cause the guy who has the hydro-store told  me he would let me use a hash making machine!!!!!!!!

The buds are very small but I still appreciate their potential goodness and they were cheap to grow! Now I really think I do need a 400w HPS in my closet but I might only be able to run it during the winter in my climate!

--------------------

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

#552968 - 05/04/11 01:11 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Give an update on what your doing with your nutes.

your plants look really green for where you are at in flowering...

--------------------

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

#553072 - 05/04/11 08:11 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Word man they are too green, that's why I decided to stop using the nutrients I was using and just went with roots organics "HPK" and molasses.

--------------------

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

#553196 - 05/05/11 01:25 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Good call, way to be on top of it.

--------------------

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

#553390 - 05/05/11 08:31 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

UPDATE: I have decided to chop all my plants and make hash because I was talking to my cousin about them and he said since some of the plants turned hermie they might have pollinated the others or themselves. Well today I was looking at the buds and I noticed that there were some weird white things and with a closer look I determined that they were immature seeds! I hate smoking bud with immature seeds in it since it's almost impossible to get all of them out, so I'm gonna make everything into hash except maybe the best buds that there are.

So I guess this grow was sort of a failure but I did get about 2-3oz  of really frosty leaves and popcorn buds that aren't worth smoking which should yield about a quarter ounce of hash.
I will post another grow log for my second go round or maybe wait a while but I am trying to start a perpetual grow.

Also I only chopped the top buds on two of the best plants so I am re-vegging them for this years outdoor season! I guess this was not a total loss. In the end I got what looks to be about a quarter oz of good smoking buds and about 2-3 oz of frosty trim leaves and popcorn buds to make into hash. I have even been vaping some of the still wet buds and they are getting me really stoned even though they are slightly premature.

Next time around I will only be doing 6 plants in this setup.

--------------------

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

#554820 - 05/11/11 05:56 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well I made some hash out of the trimmings and popcorn buds and got only about 4 grams of some really stony hash. It came out really good but not as good as I would have liked. I have already smoked my whole except a gram of the hash lol. oh well the growing continues on and now its outdoor season, the time when buds really flourish!

Will post some pics soon here of my new hydro table in the green house. It's being used for vegetables but I will do a small row of weed plants behind all the taller plants and hopefully put like a 150w hps over that area too. Then I will just let them grow all summer long! Also I ended up saving 3 plants (well the remains of plants.) to reveg from flowering.  They were the best plants so I just left the bottom leaves and buds to start re-vegging for this years outdoor season!!!!!!! Planted one in a guerrilla spot just the other day in 2cu ft of soil/ coco and manure with water polymer crystals to keep the soil moist.

--------------------

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

#567078 - 06/24/11 03:30 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Well I got a second harvest and the second run was way better. As shotgun told me in the beginning of my first go round I would have been better off with less plants in my small space. Well on the second run I used about half as many plants, and the clones were actually much smaller than the first ones I tried flowering.

I feel like since the clones were barely rooted when I put them into the flowering setup they seemed to start growing buds immediately and didn't have too much leaf like my first run.
Two of the plants just turned into solid kolas and two of them were more bushy with popcorn style nuggs.

Here are a bunch of pics...

The cabinet is my new bookshelf and another one of those hydrofarm 120w CFL lights I got given to me for free by a friend!!! It's cooled with a powerful server cooling fan and I really like it. It's not quite light leak proof but I have no worries about anyone seeing it so I'm not working on that for now.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds