Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelarge_dose

First post / Veg pics / Soil help pls
    #53985 - 06/09/08 10:13 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

hey guys you might remember me from the shroomery, i've quit cultivating mushrooms and moved onto something imo much better. mmm i luv this stuff.

These are just bagseed from some beasters, their planted in 100% MGMC as of right now and doing great under 3 26W 6500K CFL's.

Their about 2 1/2 weeks old and i need to transplant soon. I have a bag of MG Moisture Control, MG Organic Choice, Perlite, some coco-coir, and peat. Can you guys tell me what my plants will probably like the best?

I only really have walmart, lowes.. etc available to me. I'd use some foxfarm soil or some good nutes if i could get to them but i cant find the time to drive 2+ hrs to the nearest hydro shop.

I've found most people say MGMC wont be bad but you want to mix it with some perlite for drainage, and quite a few say the MGOC is worthless (it does have a mulch like texture).

Anyways, if i can use something straight out of the bag that would be great, if not could you guys help me out on some ratio's using the ingredients i already have, i need to transplant tonight and i want the roots to develop strong and heathly.

thanks and peace

L_D

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First post / Veg pics / Soil help pls (moved) [Re: large_dose]
    #53987 - 06/09/08 10:17 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

This thread was moved from Marijuana Cultivation.

Reason:
Soil related topics are more suited for the Indoor Soil Cultivation sub-forum.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First post / Veg pics / Soil help pls (moved) [Re: Sirius]
    #54077 - 06/09/08 11:39 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I'm personally not a very big fan of MG soils.  People have had good results with it though.  However if i were you i'd stock up on some nutes and grow in peat/coco.  You can take a look in the hydro sub forum at hankies coco thread.  It's a pretty easy way to grow.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First post / Veg pics / Soil help pls [Re: large_dose]
    #54233 - 06/09/08 04:04 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

large_dose said:
Their about 2 1/2 weeks old and i need to transplant soon. I have a bag of MG Moisture Control, MG Organic Choice, Perlite, some coco-coir, and peat. Can you guys tell me what my plants will probably like the best?

From what I've gathered from searching, the Organic Choice has time-release nutrients, which, from what I've gathered as well from my reading in general, aren't the best thing to have when growing marijuana. I'd say skip that and use the Moisture Control. As far as mixing goes, I've read someone say that they've mixed one part Moisture Control, one part perlite, and one part peat moss, for three years of growing now. I don't know if that is the best or not since I don't really read about growing in soil at all, but I'm sure it would work fine for you. :shrug:

Of course, as already mentioned by coda, if you can get more coco-coir, I'd suggest growing entirely in that. You could mix in some perlite as well, but it isn't really necessary (some have said it to be counter-productive in fact, since you are taking away surface for the roots to grow through). It is hard to over-water it since it drains well and provides more air exchange for the roots. Plants usually grow faster in it. You'd need more nutrients though. Nothing really wrong with growing with MG Moisture Control though from what I've seen, just need to be careful with watering and especially with not giving too many nutrients (it basically shouldn't need much if any).

--------------------

Offlineerb
 User Gallery

Re: First post / Veg pics / Soil help pls [Re: Sirius]
    #54724 - 06/10/08 10:21 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

pro-mix is great if you can get it.
Alot of the mixes out there are actually soiless mixes.

peat, coir, perlite and vermiculite mixes are considered soiless mixes.

It needs to have nutritional organic matter in it to be soil.

Your better off with a soiless mix indoors IMHO.

InvisibleDizz
Skunked Out......
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oz
Re: First post / Veg pics / Soil help pls [Re: erb]
    #58340 - 06/16/08 04:44 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Im a fan of mgmc, though these days i always prepare my own medium.
I usually go some nice soil, light compost, lime, and blood and bone, all mixed together.
Works a treat always

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck