Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Purple Haze + Chronic + Sensi Star...Finished 4/27!
    #513358 - 01/13/11 08:22 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

So, I tried to make one of these last time but totally spaced out on keeping it up to date. My bad.

This round I have a G-13 Labs Purple Haze seed that was popped about 10 days ago. I also have a Chronic clone (not looking so hot) and I'm waiting on another seed to pop, but I can't really remember the specific right now.

Anyway, heres the 10 day old Purple Haze / Purple Lady. I'll prolly abbreviate to PH from now on, just so you know.

I can't believe how big the original leafs are on this plant. I've never really had one that was quite as impressively big as that. You can't really tell from the picture I guess, but they are really wide. Maybe because its a haze plant?

Plants in veg are never very impressive, so I'll prolly post once more before the flip to 12/12, and then weekly or bi-weekly after that. :cool:

My plan is to veg for a month like usual and then flip, but I like to wait for a Sunday so its easier to count the weeks. Depending on her size, I'll switch on the 30th or the 6th.

Will update on the other seed and the clone too, if they do what they're supposed to anyway.

Edited by A To The K (04/27/11 12:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Another Journal Attempt [Re: A To The K]
    #515023 - 01/18/11 10:37 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Heres a totally unexpected update. I decided today was the day I wanted to transplant my seedling, so I snapped a few pictures. Its 2 weeks before I plan to flower...but I don't know. Shes looking pretty small - but when I look at her today compared to the picture up there (only 5 days) maybe she will be ready~!

I'm using Roots Organics soil...I was pretty amazed at the roots at only 2 weeks in so I got a picture of that.

Impressive IMO (especially considering I didn't feed it any nutes yet).

This is her from the top. Something a little strange going on with the lowest leafs (didn't really spread to the uppers) and the bottom-bottom ones turned very dry and crumbled off. Admittedly, I DID forget to water her for quite some time. The PH is fine. Is it just because I neglected to water her? :sad:

And finally a clone of some Chronic a friend gave me. He only had $3 Walmart soil and it compacted and damn near killed it off. It looks like it has made a full recovery and has roots (transplanted her today). The Motavation clone he gave me didn't make it unfortunately.

Not looking the best, but coming along OK.

Shitty cell camera this time, good pics when I make the flip to 12/12.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

#520694 - 01/29/11 10:23 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Just a post to let anyone following know that I haven't forgotten about my journal this time :tongue2:

I transplanted my PH into a 1 gallon pot and put her in my flowering room. I also took a cutting before I put her in there. Its droopy, but I'm sure it will recover.

The Chronic is just very disappointing. I was planning on cloning it out and using it in a perpetual harvest type situation, but it has just under preformed in all departments. Its very stretchy, even though it has been under enough light, and the nodes that ARE there just look weak :rolleyes:. I didn't even bother taking a cutting...I noticed today that there are preflowers already, so I just put her into flower. I don't think I'll save it at all. Not impressed.

I'll do some nice pics once they both start showing some nice buds :wink:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

#522306 - 02/02/11 10:15 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

OK, I took these the day I put them into flower...the Chronic was already covered in preflowers when I put her under 12/12 and the Haze is just starting to show her pistils now. So, less than a week :cool:

The PH clone is looking not-so-great, but its way too early to tell if it will survive.

Chronic

Purple Haze

Still, nothing spectacular...just documenting for later. I can definitely smell the chronic though.

Offlineshasha
aspiring sadhu

#522426 - 02/02/11 04:47 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i've found that clones can be extremely resilient - looking forward to see how that PH develops! :jah:

--------------------
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." - Bill Hicks

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Another Journal Attempt [Re: shasha]
    #522466 - 02/02/11 07:02 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I mean, when you think about what you are doing to clone a plant it makes sense that it wilts and doesn't look so great right away. You ARE completely severing a limb away from the main stalk haha.

That Chronic was actually cloned from the original plant because it was so burned and shitty...it was just easier to clone and hope than try to repair the damage that was done. Its really incredible, the bottom of it is about 1 inch thick and shrinks down to about a quarter inch above it. I'll try to get a picture. IDK what caused it...maybe the clone gel I used gave it super nutrients haha.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

#526161 - 02/11/11 01:57 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

A minor update. The clone didn't make it, I'm not completely sure why. I usually have a 100% rate with clones :shrug:

Anyway, I've just ordered a 400w HPS that will definably be here during the peak of their flowering activity, so, bonus! :cool:

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
    #526262 - 02/11/11 08:52 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Looking good AK, I'll be watching :bongload:

--------------------

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Another Journal Attempt [Re: T-Rex]
    #528178 - 02/17/11 02:17 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Wow! I got my 400w HPS in today...its soooo bright :eek:

I'll do some updated pictures tomorrow after I get it all hung up. I would have done it today, but I'd rather have the whole day to work on it :cool:

Anyway, this post is just for me to document at which point I got the new light in.

Edit: Wow, after looking at those above pictures and having just watered my girls, it certainly IS time for an update. They're sooo much different now :lol:

Invisibledouble
Diesel

#528186 - 02/17/11 02:26 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

looking good! :happyweed:

Quote:

A To The K said:
Wow! I got my 400w HPS in today...its soooo bright :eek:

you gotta sunbath 'em  :sunny:

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Re: Another Journal Attempt [Re: double]
    #528325 - 02/17/11 10:13 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Ready for the update:bongload:

--------------------

Offlinethe man

Re: Another Journal Attempt [Re: T-Rex]
    #528347 - 02/18/11 12:11 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

is it possible you switched those plants? the PH looks real indicay

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

400 watt update! [Re: the man]
    #529024 - 02/20/11 07:54 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry about that, I was having some computer trouble, but all seems to be well now. I set up the light with my buddy. I wanted to put it on a bar, but the hardware store didn't have what I needed to set that up, so its screwed directly into my ceiling.

Room:

First we have the Purple Haze. For some reason it doesn't really have any significant bud growth. It might be because its a haze plant, and is taking longer to start...or, it *could* have been the light leak I mentioned in another thread. But, it looks like its starting now OK.

Next is the Chronic. Its looking pretty good, and is about where I expect a plant this young into flowering should look. Its so super stretched, I just don't get it :confused: Ah well. Interestingly, all the buds look even-sized right now. The lower nodes have the same amount of growth as the cola on top. Which means, the cola is gonna be tiny, or all the nodes are going to have big buds. Time will tell.

A close up of the cola:

Not too impressive just yet, but...soon :cool:

As a bonus, remember that seed I mentioned popping up there? ^ Well, heres the Sensi Star that came from that. Topped it and put it in at about 3 weeks of veg.

I have some little friends who must have been camping out in my walls and brought back to life by the heat of my HPS.

:lol:

To address the question up there ^ no,  couldn't have mixed them up. I have the pots labled pretty plainly, and one was seed, one was clone :tongue:

Offlineshasha
aspiring sadhu

Re: 400 watt update! [Re: A To The K]
    #529170 - 02/20/11 05:26 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

dope ladybug! all i got are fuckin box elder bugs comin out all over the house...but i'll for sure by lookin for some garden friendly predators come spring...

luckily, the box elders are harmless to the plants, so i've just been letting them live in there instead of killin them off...the micro-ecosystem keeps me content during the long frozen winter...:mushroom2:

--------------------
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." - Bill Hicks

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: 400 watt update! [Re: shasha]
    #529183 - 02/20/11 06:17 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I feel ya. I live in a freezing cold place too. Never see ladybugs except in the warm grow room. My walls must be full of them or something, because theres no way they are getting in on accident :shrug:

I think its funny that people actively search out ladybugs for their garden, and mine just seems to produce them! :lol: How convenient.

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Re: 400 watt update! [Re: A To The K]
    #529480 - 02/21/11 09:49 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Looking good man, can't wait to see those nugs :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Updizzle [Re: T-Rex]
    #532125 - 03/02/11 07:38 AM (13 years, 30 days ago)

So, I was trying to wait 2 weeks to update, but this morning was wide open for me so why not :shrug:

I'll try to keep them in the same order, so first up is the Purple Haze.  I feel like an asshole because shes so droopy. For some reason all the other plants can go 4 days between waterings, and she should only go 3. Since I mix up 2 gallons of nutes at once, I always make her wait. Probably a dick move, but I've gotta make it work for me a little.

Now we have the Chronic. The only one not planted in a gallon+ sized pot is the one furthest along. I dunno if that has anything to do with it (maybe it had its rootspace already full so it started flowering quicker?). Looks good, juuuuust starting to get a bit frosty, the camera doesn't capture it really.

And, last but not least, heres my Sensi Star. I love the way this grew. I'm not sure what it is, but it just grew the way I feel a perfect plant should. Its only a few weeks in with little calyx formation...but christ, it already smells. This one is gonna be pretty extreme I can already tell.

And there it is~ For anyone wondering, I use 1 tbsp of Fox Farm Big Bloom, 3 tsp of Fox Farm Tiger Bloom, 1 tbsp of Grandmas Molasses (every other watering) and 1 tsp of Snowstorm Ultra per gallon. I water every 4 days. Next week the P. Haze and Chronic will get a little FF Grow Big as per FF's recommended feeding schedule. Then, after 2 weeks of that, I'll feed it some Gravity and flush for 2 weeks after. Then, hopefully, harvesting the first or second week of April. The Chronic anyway. Not the P. Haze. I can tell thats gonna go probably through April maybe into May. 

Thanks for following~ :bonghit:

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: Updizzle [Re: A To The K]
    #532164 - 03/02/11 10:11 AM (13 years, 30 days ago)

:goodmorning: cant wait man.

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Re: Updizzle [Re: lostinbq]
    #532894 - 03/03/11 07:28 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

:awehigh:

--------------------

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Chronic Closeup [Re: T-Rex]
    #533909 - 03/06/11 02:25 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Not a full update, but I borrowed one of my buddies cameras for the duration of my grow, so any further pictures will be much better quality.

:awehigh:

Also, week 7 and 8 so they get their dose of Grow Big today and for the next 2 weeks. Then gravity, then flush.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale