Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Have the cops ever helped you?
    #516614 - 01/21/11 08:21 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I don't mean like giving you directions or coming when you call them. I mean actually helping you.

IME, the cops have never helped me. Not even once. I've called the police a handful of times (although I hate doing it) and they've never done anything but filled out some info on a piece of paper and left.
Have the cops helped you?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (01/21/11 08:21 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Have the cops ever helped you? [Re: RasJeph]
    #516616 - 01/21/11 08:22 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

They have never really helped me personally, but they are easily manipulated into NOT helping other people :lol:

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
    #516618 - 01/21/11 08:26 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I've never called the cops, but the few instances where I know somebody has, they just got a bunch of bs on the phone and had to end up going in to fillout over 9000 forms before anything happened.

I have had cool, understanding cops though. Been busted smoking before, the guys were nice enough, took my shit and sent me on my way. Even now that I've been done for cultivation, they were nice and didn't treat me like a criminal or anything, spoke to me like an average citizen and saw that I was uncomfortable.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Have the cops ever helped you? [Re: T-Rex]
    #516621 - 01/21/11 08:38 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Almost every cop I've ever dealt with has been on a power trip. I'm not saying there aren't good cops out there, but I can't believe how aweful the ones I've dealt with have been.

The only time I've ever personally thought it was a good idea to call the cops was when I heard some dude beating on his wife. I heard her yelling and crying from outside their house. I hate guys who hit women, so I was really pissed and was gonna go knock on the door and confront him myself. I think I was with my mom actually, she pulled me back in the car and called the cops instead.

I don't think they did shit about it either. Those people did move out about a month later though.

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#516634 - 01/21/11 09:36 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The cops have never helped me. Not even once.

--------------------

Offlineganja girl
Stranger Danger
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty-ish, South
Re: Have the cops ever helped you? [Re: iStoner]
    #516635 - 01/21/11 10:06 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I got assaulted and had to spend the night at the hospital, the cops didn't do shit.

--------------------

OfflineCage
Melancholy Mindfuck.

Re: Have the cops ever helped you? [Re: ganja girl]
    #516642 - 01/21/11 10:31 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The most a cop ever did towards "helping" me in any way was not arresting me or any of my friends when we were having a kickback thing at a park and had a decent sized container of weed with us. All the cops I've met have ALWAYS been hostile for no reason.. At a rave I was at like 2 or 3 cops just came up to our group shining lights on us with their hands practically hovering over their holsters asking us if each of us is 18, before I could even answer they start asking me about who gave me the cigarette and shit looking to kick people out..

One time it was just me and my friend at my mom and dad's house, I answer the door and this bitch has a gun in my face yelling "DON'T LOOK AT ME!" as if I'm gonna try to remember what she looks like and hunt her down or something, while she sticks the gun closer to my face and me and my friend get cuffed in my fucking doorway and my parents got home like 5-10 minutes later to see me and my best friend, cuffed on the ground, with a helicopter overhead and ANOTHER officer with a canine right by us..

Apparently a neighbor called and said he thought someone was breaking into our house (because my best friend that's a mexican came over :rofl:), I don't know what the hell they really said over the phone, but they came up to my house like we were armed and dangerous fucking body snatchers and not burglars..

Also, I ALWAYS get put in the back of the cop car no matter WHAT happens.. It'll be the slightest suspicion and before they even start asking questions I'm in the back of the car, and they're talking to everyone else I was with.. :facepalm:

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#516645 - 01/21/11 10:43 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I have personally never needed their help.  They helped my boy who was ODing in the street so for that I thank them.

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: Have the cops ever helped you? [Re: Tangerines]
    #516648 - 01/21/11 10:48 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Not really, but one time I was on about 16mg of xanax and the cops directed me to the plane I was supposed to get on. I think they were cops anyway. could have been TSA or something

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Have the cops ever helped you? [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #516654 - 01/21/11 11:20 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Wow. I had really expected at least one person to say yes by now.

The closest thing to a cop ever helping me out was after the Cypress Hill concert I went to this summer. Everyone was incredibly stoned and trying to navigate city streets they had never driven on before. All the traffic was going about 15mph and stopping every few intersections to figure out where the fuck we were. A few cops helped us out, they were just directing stoned traffic.

--------------------

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#516668 - 01/21/11 12:30 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I answered "no" because uniformed officers have never helped me when I needed help.  An example would be when I reported some kids for vandalism.  They filled out papers but never talked to the parents.

I don't have anything against cops in general.  In a lot of ways they are like other people: diverse. 

Every summer my family camps with about 6 other families.  We all have a great time.  One of the dads is a Sheriff, a K9 cop at that.  He knows that booms and buds are going around and knows when not to stick his nose in to a private huddle; likewise, we know not to put shit in his face and make him uncomfortable.  My kids play with his kids and we share beers and bullshit all night long.  No big deal.

I also know two people who have quit law enforcement because organized crime came with their positions.  They got out of police work so they would not have to break laws under threat of physical harm.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Have the cops ever helped you? [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #516673 - 01/21/11 12:40 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

no, they haven't.  well, i got a ride home after 5 hours of interviewing for some crazy shit that happened one time.

--------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#516680 - 01/21/11 01:32 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

:lol: dont be silly, the police are there control us not help us :rolleyes:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Have the cops ever helped you? [Re: Shaggy420]
    #516690 - 01/21/11 01:45 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I know that...but I didn't think it would be to this degree. Interesting.

--------------------

OfflineE99Energy
Evil E~tard

#516697 - 01/21/11 01:59 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

stay out of trouble! if you want the cops to help you, your in big shit. gaurd your shit and you should'nt have problems.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Have the cops ever helped you? [Re: E99Energy]
    #516723 - 01/21/11 04:07 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well I guess they kind of helped my friend out, he had a felony's worth of bud on him but they only charged him for a misdemeanor. :shrug: 

That was a shitty night, cause the one cop was genuinely a nice guy, but his partner was a dick.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: Have the cops ever helped you? [Re: THEBats]
    #516725 - 01/21/11 04:12 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

actually, the cops helped me one one time, me and a friend were tripping on some fire cyans at a concert and she started to have no idea what was going on and just falling down and freaking out and I was trying to get her out of the mass of people in the pit but I was tripping really hard too and a big black cop grabbed her and helped us get out of there. got questioned after but they knew we were just tripping and let us go

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

Re: Have the cops ever helped you? [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #518405 - 01/24/11 08:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I tend to think of police presence as a commodity, they are only there to help you.  I just try like fuck not to need help.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds