Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
The 9/11 thread
    #474848 - 09/09/10 08:46 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'm watching a 9/11 program on the history channel.  It's crazy to remember that day in 2001.  Lots of weird shit happening, even in rural kansas, where I was.  Share your stories of where you were at and if you were personally touched by the events that day in some way.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: The 9/11 thread [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #474849 - 09/09/10 08:50 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i honestly dont remeber that day much. but ive been effected because of all the racism towards muslims now. So i havent been like directly effected by this. I feel very bad for everyone that had lost people in the towers, and anyone that was affected by that day. I also have mad respect for the firefighters and police and everybody who was there to help when shit went down.

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #474851 - 09/09/10 08:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I've reserve my opinions on what happened that day for another thread.

I was getting ready to go to school that day, watched the 2nd plane hit on the news. They almost immediately blamed Osama for it flashing his picture on the TV. I thought this guy must be some kind of fucking mastermind to pull one over on the most powerful country in the world.

Being as it was all the way accross the country, I did not pay immediate mind to all the lives lost, nor was I afraid for my own life, I know fucked up shit happens all around the world seemingly randomly.

When I got to school there were people crying, and acting crazy. It was panic for most people it seemed. If I had known the implications of what this attack would bring I might have been a little more scared.

Now I live in fear, not that I will be attacked by "terrorist", but in fear of my fellow Americans reactions to the mass fear.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: The 9/11 thread [Re: DungenessDank]
    #474858 - 09/09/10 09:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

8th grade art class.

me and a friend made fun of the whole thing.  not really proud of it, but we were kids :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: The 9/11 thread [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #474877 - 09/09/10 09:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

10th Grade History. Walked into class 5 minutes after the first plane hit and our teacher had the tv on, we all sat down and were watching the TV before class started, and then the 2nd plane hit. and then the pentagon, and then the other downed plane.  I remember watching this like split screen action on the News that had all the crashes shown on the same screen. I of course like most americans thought "shit were under attack" I then watched dozens of firemen sprint into the building only minutes later to see it destroyed. I believed the official story like most people until I educated myself.

9/11 Had nothing to do with Osama, or terrorism at all for that fact.  If there really were men on those planes they were most likely just fall guys, Told by the CIA they were going on a training mission. Those planes were either flown remotely, Or what I belive is a small UAV was used as a laser designator for the trade towers. This can be seen on a youtube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr4BJ89Df5Q

All those dead people so they could start a war with a country that did nothing to us.  :boo:

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Re: The 9/11 thread [Re: Lucid]
    #474880 - 09/09/10 09:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

The fact that congress voted against health care for 9/11 first responders in itself makes me disgusted.

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

#474893 - 09/09/10 10:20 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
The fact that congress voted against health care for 9/11 first responders in itself makes me disgusted.

Dude, we cant blow up 12 year old Muslim children and women without that money. Bombs are expensive!  :facepalm:

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#474897 - 09/09/10 10:25 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

True, they build schools and hospitals pretty sturdy these days.

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
    #474907 - 09/09/10 10:45 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I remember being in the backyard and mum called me in to watch the repeats on T.V. I was like 10 so it didn't even register with me at the time, I watched for a while then just went back to messing around in my backyard

--------------------

Edited by T-Rex (09/10/10 01:01 AM)

OfflineJefferson
Space Cowboy
Male

Re: The 9/11 thread [Re: T-Rex]
    #474954 - 09/10/10 03:51 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I feel pretty the same now as I did back then.  Maybe a little less apathetic but the reason I didn't care then was because I didn't know anyone from New York, I don't have any family in New York, I just didn't take it that personal. 
Yeah it sucks that those people had to die. 
It sucks that some people took it way too personal(don't get me wrong I'm not talking about surviving families just people like me who didn't know anybody from New York). 
It sucks that religious leaders used this as a way to push their agendas(and I'm not just talking about Islam either.  I'm sure christian evangelists used this tragedy to their own benefit i.e. New York is a wicked city that accepts gays so god smote them.  Its the same shit they used for Katrina). 
It sucks that Bush would refer to this in every one of his speeches whether it was relevant to the topic or not. 
It sucks that he used this as a way to increase homeland security, restrict our freedoms, and spy on us. 
It sucks that they rewrote and edited TV shows and movies because of this. 
Sucks that we had a powerless inept president that was unable to find those responsible for this. 
Sucks that talking or joking about this event was considered taboo and over the line by everyone. 
Sucks that no one trusted anyone with a tan anymore and people started setting fires to masques.

Seriously man there's so many different people, excuses, and things that made 9/11 worse than it was and that's what really pisses me off about it.

--------------------

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

Re: The 9/11 thread [Re: Jefferson]
    #474968 - 09/10/10 06:37 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I was working in the Khazikstan Embassy that morning, installing a rubber gymnasium floor, when they told us to pack our shit and leave- pronto style..crossing from D.C. into VA over the key bridge, we could see the smoke billowing from the Pentagon.. Got back to Herndon, everything was on lockdown; there are a lot of govt installations there..
I will never forget.
Conspiracy theory? Fuckin bullshit!! No way the govt would hit the Pentagon as part of some master plan to attack Iraq or afghanistan. If that was the case we wouldn't have waited for the U.N.
If you ask me, THAT was the conspiracy. The UN dragged their feet on investigating the WMDs, giving Saddam time to get rid of his shit.. think about it, if the cops told you they were coming to raid your grow, would it still be there when they arrived? :wtf:

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

OfflineSlave of Cthulhu
Marijuana Connoisseur
Male User Gallery

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: The 9/11 thread [Re: Hendershot]
    #474971 - 09/10/10 07:13 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'm don't care about 9/11. Shit happens, people die, things blow up. Not shit I can do about it so fuck it. I'm honestly hella tired of hearin about 9/11...

--------------------

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#475015 - 09/10/10 09:51 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I was in the 9th grade and they called us back to homeroom after the first plane hit the towers. We didn't understand what had happened, so we just sat there not paying attention, goofing off, thinking it was a freak accident. Until we all watched the second plane hit.... then the mood shifted. My homeroom teacher stands up in front of the class and goes into a race fueled rant, telling us because we were on one of the largest military bases  WE ARE NEXT!!!! The RUSSSSSSIANS.....JESUS CHRIST WILL SAVE.... ONLY IN TIMES LIKE THESE WILL.....GET UNDER YOUR DESK. I NEVER LIKED AFRICA! :eek:
Bad teachers in Florida, man. We got into a friends car and hauled ass home. I smoked pot then watched the news for months trying to figured what the hell actually happened.

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: The 9/11 thread [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #475016 - 09/10/10 09:52 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

*10th grade.

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Re: The 9/11 thread [Re: Hendershot]
    #475036 - 09/10/10 10:39 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hendershot said:
I was working in the Kazakhstan Embassy that morning, installing a rubber gymnasium floor, when they told us to pack our shit and leave- pronto style..crossing from D.C. into VA over the key bridge, we could see the smoke billowing from the Pentagon.. Got back to Herndon, everything was on lock down; there are a lot of govt installations there..
I will never forget.
Conspiracy theory? Fuckin bullshit!! No way the govt would hit the Pentagon as part of some master plan to attack Iraq or Afghanistan. If that was the case we wouldn't have waited for the U.N.
If you ask me, THAT was the conspiracy. The UN dragged their feet on investigating the WMDs, giving Saddam time to get rid of his shit.. think about it, if the cops told you they were coming to raid your grow, would it still be there when they arrived? :wtf:

Listen you reptilian intellinegro! The UN huh? Saddam never had those weapons! WE never found one fucking shred of evidence, not a fucking tick on a Geiger counter. And Bush went in without approval from the UN or congress.  Want to know the real threats to our world? Jewnamies. Its a tsunami, BUT its made of trillions of jews rubbing there thumb and pointer fingers together demanding money from all they kill. OH! and aids, lots of aids.

Morning people, wake n bake makes me looopy! :randy:

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
    #475037 - 09/10/10 10:42 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Lucid said:

Jewnamies. Its a tsunami, BUT its made of trillions of jews rubbing there thumb and pointer fingers together demanding money from all they kill. OH! and aids, lots of aids.

:chong:

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: The 9/11 thread [Re: T-Rex]
    #475041 - 09/10/10 11:00 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

A friend had called me out when I said I could grow killer buds in dixie cups. I had finished the grow and he came over to check it out and I was doing my in your face routine. The whole system was home made. We were checking out the buds and the news came on telling about the towers.

Put a real buzzkill on what was a in your face moment for me at the time. We had no Idea we would still be at war with Iraq years later. They said at the time 3 weeks at the max.:frown:

This was the grow at the time

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: The 9/11 thread [Re: Magash]
    #475047 - 09/10/10 11:21 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

watching 9/11 unfold on the news has to be the most frightening thing ive ever seen on TV.

and all this shit about burning pages of the Qur'an, why is everybody getting riled up, its just a piece of paper:shrug:

im sure a fair few people on the growery have used bible paper to roll joints before now.:confused:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: The 9/11 thread [Re: Shaggy420]
    #475054 - 09/10/10 11:42 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yup.

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

#475101 - 09/10/10 12:31 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Lucid said:
Quote:

Hendershot said:
I was working in the Kazakhstan Embassy that morning, installing a rubber gymnasium floor, when they told us to pack our shit and leave- pronto style..crossing from D.C. into VA over the key bridge, we could see the smoke billowing from the Pentagon.. Got back to Herndon, everything was on lock down; there are a lot of govt installations there..
I will never forget.
Conspiracy theory? Fuckin bullshit!! No way the govt would hit the Pentagon as part of some master plan to attack Iraq or Afghanistan. If that was the case we wouldn't have waited for the U.N.

Listen you reptilian intellinegro! The UN huh? Saddam never had those weapons! WE never found one fucking shred of evidence, not a fucking tick on a Geiger counter. And Bush went in without approval from the UN or congress.  Want to know the real threats to our world? Jewnamies. Its a tsunami, BUT its made of trillions of jews rubbing there thumb and pointer fingers together demanding money from all they kill. OH! and aids, lots of aids.

Morning people, wake n bake makes me looopy! :randy:

Pull your head out of your ass!! Saddam used chemical weapons ON HIS OWN PEOPLE!!
The real threat to our world is ignorance, which you seem to possess in abundance..

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds