Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Plant process question
    #421547 - 05/21/10 08:55 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry...no pictures. I know how much of a pain that is, but again, I'm asking for a friend. I'm gonna make him just make an account here, because this is the third thread I've made for him :lol:

Anyway...he has a hindu/master kush plant that is 4 weeks in this Sunday. According to the seed bank, its an 8 week flowerer. It has just started its noteable trich production.

His plant still has 4 weeks to go, and yet about 50% of the hairs on the plant have already turned orange. They aren't just burned (I checked)...they are just oranging on their own. Is this just the plants genetics, or is it maybe a problem the plant is having?

Thanks guys. You always help :thumbup:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
Re: Plant process question [Re: RasJeph]
    #421557 - 05/21/10 09:41 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The pistils turning orange can be a number of things from nute problems, light problems, humidity, strain, etc etc. When the pistils start to turn orange and fall off it is usually a sign that those calyx's are in their peak resin production stage and are no longer viable for seed.

It can also mean that they are already pollinated from a male plant or hermy plant that was not seen. Or it could be a ph problem, high temps etc etc. We would need more info about the grow to determine anything positively. But if the plant seems over all healthy and happy it is probably just the calyx's working on producing their resin. :laugh:

And dont worry, spency will be in here to put words in my mouth and try to make it seem like I am wrong. So you will have a second opinion as soon as he gets on. The freak trolls all my posts and PM's me at least once a day now trying to start shit.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Plant process question [Re: brifunforme]
    #421558 - 05/21/10 09:43 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds to me like the plant is just maturing :shrug:

However, if they're already 50% turned at only 4 weeks I highly doubt it's an 8 week strain, sounds more like 6-7 to me but of course just keep an eye on the trichs so you know when to harvest.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Plant process question [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #421685 - 05/21/10 02:03 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, good call guys! Maybe hes over estimating on the 50%, but it did look like at least 30% to me :shrug:

I looked at a few grow journals of master kush and hindu kush (although, I couldn't find any of both of them combined with pics) and it looks like other peoples plants are doing similar things to his.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies