Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** Currently Flowering ** [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #393535 - 03/31/10 10:34 PM (14 years, 1 day ago)

Sorry man, I honestly have no experience with Fox Farm nutrients. Try searching on here or ICmag for some schedules

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** Currently Flowering ** [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #393687 - 04/01/10 10:51 AM (14 years, 18 hours ago)

Tiger Bloom is designed to work in symphony with Big Bloom but if that's all you got then you should still be alright.

They way you are supposed to use it, is Big Bloom for the first few weeks of 12/12 and then you add in Tiger Bloom for the "fierce" packing power to finish them off... :lol:

I'm not joking that's literally why they named it that.

Your snow pictures were inspiring if anything, and brought back memories of when I took a trip to my favorite place in the Contiguous 48, The PNY, more specifically Bellingham, Mt. Baker, etc...

I'll edit this post w/ those pictures if it's ok w/ you, I just have to locate them.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** Currently Flowering ** [Re: Inverted]
    #394414 - 04/02/10 02:22 AM (14 years, 3 hours ago)

Oh man, I missed your post til then. Didn't show as "new"...glitch? My personal error? :shrug:

Anyway, so I should be using the Big Bloom first? Hmm...I guess I got to re-buy it (I traded the Big Bloom for the now Tiger Bloom). Man, this is getting expensive at $20 a bottle. Do I have to use the Big Bloom? Can I just use Tiger Bloom by itself for the entire flower?

Hmmm...Mt. Baker huh? in Bellingham...is that in Washington?

And yeah, you can add photos, as long as its not a Sh*t of them. Even my post had kinda too many....oh well.

Just post a reasonable amount.....its not like someone hasn't already posted a lot of photos from his own collection (I'm looking at you TripTonic).

I'd like to see 'em Inverted.
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** Currently Flowering ** [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #394473 - 04/02/10 08:53 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

$20 bottles are getting expensive? Wait till you are buying in gallons.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineGANJA_FAHMA
WANTED: Lowrider Beans!!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Ocean
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** Currently Flowering ** [Re: DieselB]
    #394479 - 04/02/10 09:07 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

curious to see how your girl turns out. I'm about at the same stage as yourself just haven't gone 12/12 yet. Followed your log in and out. How much watts of CFL did you run during veg? Looking good so far man, good luck with the flowering. :thumbup:

--------------------
Da Tree Amiga's!!!

Mango-Hawaiian Punch -Northern Lights X

and a few other suprises!  COMING SOON....

:advisory:

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** Currently Flowering ** [Re: GANJA_FAHMA]
    #394746 - 04/02/10 06:20 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for joining in GANGA FAHMA! (I love that song, is that the title thou?))

My Current Wattage breakdown:

- Overhead Lighting -

1 - 68 watt HUGE-ASS CFL 2,700K color
1 - 42 watt Semi-big CFL 2,700K color

Total Top Lighting:
110 watts.

- Side Lighting -

Left: 1 - 42 watt CFL 2,700K color
Right 1 - 42 watt/2,700K & 1 - 22 watt/2,700K (both are on one lamp outlet).

Total Side Lighting: 106 watt.

Total:    216 watts

I made some changes to the lighting system since the last journal-entry, which I will discuss tonight....but first, I must play my rented "Dark Void" VG which is due today...I can finally fly around now! :datass:

Be back later for a status report....

"Number #1, Status Report!"
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#395374 - 04/03/10 04:50 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Alright, I've had enough with my procrastobating...its time for a Journal Update!

Only April 1, like some kind of cruel joke my plant did on me, I found out that she burned herself on one of my bulbs. Here's what it currently looks like (taken April 2).

^As you can see in the purple circles, she got burned pretty good. The whole day on April 1, I was feeling pretty depressed, like I was a bad father. How could I be so careless? I knew the lights were too close, but I wanted to get them the most light I could, so I put it close. Now look what I did! I'm sorry Goldi! I so sorry....

But, from this mistake, I had innovation. I figured out how to prevent this from ever happening again. Here's what I did to improve my flowering set-up....

>> Construction Upgrade: Shielding Flower Bulbs from Plant <<<

It was a very simple upgrade which I should of thought of a long time ago: just add some tight chicken wire! Its so simple!

So, I went to Homey D and picked up the tightest metal wire I could find. Its was 1/4" square grid. Not as tight as I wanted (which was pipe screen tight), buts its good enough to do the job. They call it "Hardware Cloth"...what an odd name.

After some bending and shaping, and some duct-tape on the back of the clamp lamp, here's what it looks like on.

^The tips will still creep inside, but at least the main leaves will stay protected with the screen in place. I will be adding more as I feel needed, but this is the one I really needed it on (because of the 'straight out' style of the bulb position).

EDIT:
I forgot a couple things. I flipped over the light wagon because the plant is getting too wide for the little light opening.

^ It was simple: I had to move the eye hooks to the opposite side, then take off all the "permanent" mylar sheeting (that was hard actually). I made a "floating" mylar reflector now so that I can just take it off easily whenever I want to.

Anyway, back to my girls status....

*** Plant Status: Big as Hell! And little white hairs. ***

Today's Date: April 3, 2010
Seed was planted on: Febuary 5
Start Date of Flowering: March 20
Day 59 (Day 14 of Flowering)

^First photo: She's getting so big, its hard to take photos of her. Also, my grow lights aren't helping either. I moved the rH/Temp gauge to the wooden light wagon to make a better estimate of the plants conditions (I wish I had a remote probe). A 1 foot ruler in the bottom-foreground is for reference (Couldn't find my tape-ruler: I hate being lazy and unorganized). She's about 14" tall. 

Photos 2 and 3: There's so many little stems and bud sites shooting up everywhere, its crazy. Its hard to keep track of them all. Its cool to see the pre-flowers already: I have an idea what it will look like in the end.

Last Photo: same as pictured above, taken April 2nd. Shows the burns of the bulb on my precious girl (I'm sorry baby! It won't happen again, OK? Goldi, you gotta Trust me).

....Overall, she's looking huge, and the top canopy looks the coolest (must be that massive 68 watter). I can't wait till week 7. Its going to be great! :awesome:

EDIT: Also, here's a photo of the Tiger Bloom Feeding schedule.

^I haven't used the bottle yet, but I wanted to get some feedback on what you think of this feeding schedule. Should I stick to it? Which one should I use?

In Life, There must be Sacrifice.... :leaf:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (05/02/10 08:10 PM)

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

#395611 - 04/03/10 10:49 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Hell yeah dude! I am stoked for you :laugh:

I cheated today and bought two clones that are already flowering and they stand at 1.5 feet tall hahaha.

Thats some pretty slick shit with the wire over the lamps too, in order for your plants to not get into the lights. Good work :]

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** Currently Flowering ** [Re: hopanshrubman]
    #395942 - 04/04/10 03:34 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You bought plants already grown?! And they are 1 and a half feet tall! You cheater! :grrr:

But strangely, I'm not jealous: I've had a lot of fun (and some heartache) growing my girl and watching my girl grow up, so I wouldn't have it any other way. Plus, the experience of growing is invaluable.

Anyway, I wanna see those plants in some photos! When are they coming out, this spring maybe? :wink:

And thanks for noticing my wire-screen protectors: they work SOOOO good. The leaves just press up against it like how an 18 year old presses his face against a window in Amsterdam.

I think I might make like a DIY tutorial in M.C. just for it. I think it could help a lot of people out, because I've seen this leaf-burn problem a couple of times in other people's logs, and they never really fixed the problem.

Well, I'll be watching your log Hopan for those precious photos....are they trained plants or just "straight-out-the-ground" style ones?

No shortcut for me.
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

#396302 - 04/05/10 10:07 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
You bought plants already grown?! And they are 1 and a half feet tall! You cheater! :grrr:

But strangely, I'm not jealous: I've had a lot of fun (and some heartache) growing my girl and watching my girl grow up, so I wouldn't have it any other way. Plus, the experience of growing is invaluable.

Anyway, I wanna see those plants in some photos! When are they coming out, this spring maybe? :wink:

And thanks for noticing my wire-screen protectors: they work SOOOO good. The leaves just press up against it like how an 18 year old presses his face against a window in Amsterdam.

I think I might make like a DIY tutorial in M.C. just for it. I think it could help a lot of people out, because I've seen this leaf-burn problem a couple of times in other people's logs, and they never really fixed the problem.

Well, I'll be watching your log Hopan for those precious photos....are they trained plants or just "straight-out-the-ground" style ones?

No shortcut for me.
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

I know I am a cheater :[ Couldn't pass up the opportunity on cheap buds though man!!!

They weren't trained I don't think, topped possibly once. My two little babies that are vegging hard are doing so well though! I am excited for those ones. They get most of my attention haha.

I JUST woke up from a dream where some kids were at my house and they stole my plants. Literally just woke up from that situation, it was weird.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** Currently Flowering ** [Re: hopanshrubman]
    #396713 - 04/05/10 08:38 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Nah, that's cool if you "cheated" a little. I wouldn't pass up some cheap plants too if I had the chance. And I saw them in your journal: they look pretty damn healthy and Big! And can't go wrong with a little Citrus Aroma....mmmmm. And, at least you're still growing your young ones! That's good experience right there. :thumbup::thumbup:

Dude, that story of that dream sounds pretty crazy. Sounds like you are a little paranoid about having some full-grown plants. Wouldn't it suck if your friend set you up by selling you the plants then hiring a friend to steal them again, and re-sale to someone else for more profit? Its a Huge stretch, but some people are pretty crafty....

What's also weird about that story is in my 'Easter Egg' Thread, a guy name RasJeph had a similiar dream about a raided guerilla grow involving full-auto weapons. :eek:. Crazy stuff. Crazy patterns I'm seeing today! This never happens....

Anyway, I was going to post some photos of some changes I made right now....

Well, Gotta Go.
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

#396726 - 04/05/10 08:50 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
Nah, that's cool if you "cheated" a little. I wouldn't pass up some cheap plants too if I had the chance. And I saw them in your journal: they look pretty damn healthy and Big! And can't go wrong with a little Citrus Aroma....mmmmm. And, at least you're still growing your young ones! That's good experience right there. :thumbup::thumbup:

Dude, that story of that dream sounds pretty crazy. Sounds like you are a little paranoid about having some full-grown plants. Wouldn't it suck if your friend set you up by selling you the plants then hiring a friend to steal them again, and re-sale to someone else for more profit? Its a Huge stretch, but some people are pretty crafty....

What's also weird about that story is in my 'Easter Egg' Thread, a guy name RasJeph had a similiar dream about a raided guerilla grow involving full-auto weapons. :eek:. Crazy stuff. Crazy patterns I'm seeing today! This never happens....

Anyway, I was going to post some photos of some changes I made right now....

Well, Gotta Go.
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Yeah it was very odd. idk. Cant wait to see the updates man!

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#396769 - 04/05/10 09:47 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You ask and you shall receive.....

Today's Date: April 5, 2010.

Here's a top canopy shot:

^If you look closely, you can see all the little white hairs dude....whoa! I mean, it seems that the pre-flowers are started to develop into female budz in about 5 more weeks from now (Today is Day 16 of Flowering).....

I also added screen to my second lamp with my 2 bulbs: one 42 watt, and one 23 watt (both 2,700K). I think I need to do the large 68 watt above (photo 1) because the canopy always producing the best bud (from the photos I've seen from other people's amazing grows), so that needs protecting. Will do later on Tuesday, I think.

^Like pictured, the leaves just "rub" up againist it and give a little hug, instead of burning themselves like a bunch of stupid leaves. The screen works perfectly, and I don't think it loses a lot of light-efficiency (because the screen wire is so thin). I wish I thought of this before I went to Bend on vacation....oh well.

And like I said before, I am going to sacarfice some pre-budz for this Thursday night, which is Doug Benson's weedy stand-up show....I already picked out some of the budz to sacarafice (they are the lower ones farthest from the lights)....

This one....

And this one....

I plan on making a pesto-like sauce using Canola oil and all the fresh budz spread over some whole-wheat pasta....its going to taste So Good! MMmmmm.....:vaped:

Can't wait till Thursday! :happyweed:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#396779 - 04/05/10 09:59 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Stop robbing your plant! It hasn't even begun to develop, you should be waiting at least three more weeks until you snip any test buds. I don't even see any trich formation yet..

At the rate you're going, none of your buds are going to fully develop.

I know its extremely hard to be patient with this, it's worth the wait though.

--------------------

OfflineDayzt
Green Gardener
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** Currently Flowering ** [Re: DieselB]
    #396785 - 04/05/10 10:14 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Hey there TrueHerb... gonna take a seat for the rest of this one if  you don't mind!  =)

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#396786 - 04/05/10 10:14 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I know, I should wait, but I really wanna do some edibles for the stand-up show. I have no connection to hook me up with the sticky, so my girl is going to give some of herself up early. It will be the bottom: no top flowers. Those are off-limits. And I'm only going to clip some this time....and some for April 20, because its the Green Holiday and its part of my proposed "Dream Goal". Sorry Goldilocks...:shrug:

On that note, where should I cut it? Should I cut off the whole stem/branch or just cut at the tip of the pre-flower site? Should I take off the leaves too?

Quote:

DieselB said:
At the rate you're going, none of your buds are going to fully develop.

I know its extremely hard to be patient with this, it's worth the wait though.

So, wait you don't think my budz will ever develop fully? :sad: That's sucks. How come? Or is it because of my early clipping robbery, then I could see that, but its only a couple of the lower ones, so its all good.

She'll recover, right?

~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** Currently Flowering ** [Re: Dayzt]
    #396789 - 04/05/10 10:20 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Haven't seen you around these parts, you must be new. Anyway, Welcome Dayzt!

Well, enjoy the last part of my grow. Still pretty far from over, so you're in for the conclusion (that's the best part). I got a lot of competition out there with the other budz in flower right now/over (Integra's, Inverted's mainly). Hopefully, mine comes out something like there's. If not, its cool: its my first time anyway.

Enjoy the Ride...:sunny:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (04/12/10 12:03 AM)

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#397010 - 04/06/10 11:18 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I was saying because you are clipping them so early, in another thread I thought I heard you say you were gonna smoke some of the leaves.

I just don't see it as being worth it, because what you're going to get buzz wise, probably won't be that noticeable. if you wait till harvest though, you're sure to get blasted from smoking it at peak potency.

Not to mention, it may be a small bottom bud, but you have side lighting and are growing only one plant so your bottom buds may not be as shitty as some of the people who have thick canopys and multiple plants.

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#397230 - 04/06/10 07:26 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Actually, I have smoked some of the leaves. Early in the vegging stage (like Day, I was getting this constant pattern of the lower leaves turning yellow, so I clipped them off and smoked them. I can say with 100% confidence that the leaves are indeed active.

In fact, the last leaves I smoked (about a week ago) were so strong that I was mid-stoned for about 2 hours straight. It wasn't bud stoned, but it was a slightly more subtle stone. And I really didn't smoke that much: just maybe an inch or 2 from a couple leaves. It wasn't like a whole fan leaf or something.

As for the bottom budz, they are not looking to developed. They look like they need more light, but at 216 watts right now, I don't really wanna add more: too costly to run. Plus, its getting pretty hot in there already, if I had more lights, I would need to run another fan, which is more energy I need to use.....

But, the top canopy, there must be like 6-7 bud sites, not including the main one in the middle. Its crazy how fast they grow!

But yeah, I'm only going to harvest this Thursday, and some half-way budz for April 20. Gotta do it for the holiday. I'll be smoking them wet so I can get the most out of the time maturing...

That is all.
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #397352 - 04/06/10 10:25 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

you're making me sad by constantly trimming little bits and pieces from your plants :sad;

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | Next >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates