Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
I Found an "Easter Egg" Yesturday!
    #395953 - 04/04/10 03:58 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

So, I was outside on Saturday, scouting for trash for a contest at the Shroomery called Clean that shit up - contest.

Its one of the best idea's I've heard for a contest. Basically, you go outside some where, find some trash and take *before* and *after* photos of the place (with the Shroomery Logo) in a change to win free spore prints. Helping clean the environment, and getting free spores: what an excellent, productive, thoughtful idea! Too bad we can't have the same contest here, but trade seeds....oh well.

Anyway, while I was walking along the river side, looking for trash near the shore, I found an "Easter Egg".

Take a look....

^ Its some ones's Guerrilla Grow! Its a little early to tell if its actually MJ, but it does look a lot like my seedling when it was a young sprout. Besides, not too many people growing common house plants
in a place near the river. And if you are the owner of this plant and you signed up here, don't worry! I did NOT take your plant, or even touch it. I just took lots of photos of it.

Speaking of photos, should I start a Grow Log for this person's plant? How cool would that be: keep a journal online of the plant's progress without him/her knowing about it. I think it could be interesting no?

And check out the "entry protection" this person made....

^All those thory plants are all over the place, but how they are stacked there on that tree is an obvious sign that it was manipulated by a persona and is not natural.

I also found a bucket and this weird cup-in-a-cup thing (seed-soaking?)

And then I found another "Easter Egg" down near the "dock" area that made me very sad....

^I  believe this is some ones's harvested plant that they dumped illegally. In photo 2, you can see those rock-ball objects (rockwool?) cultivators use for hydroponics. So sad to this dumping. Gives weed growers a bad name....

But the first 'Easter Egg" was awesome! Feels good to find what those bunnies were hiding all along.....

Silly Bunnies. :bunny:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecjesseg
Earth. Water. Air. Fire.
Male User Gallery

Re: I Found an "Easter Egg" Yesturday! [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #395969 - 04/04/10 04:23 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Haha! Wow, that's awesome.
Congratulations on your find!

--------------------
"She quickly stood up & looked down, the door on her shoe had gotten larger.
Her shoelaces then quickly took hold of her hands, which caused her to sneeze.
She spit on the puddle of liquid rice to her left, hoping it would release the toads from their chains.
It did nothing.
Desperately she bit into her arm-chair, hoping, praying the bird will hear her call.
"Get the lock!" Sponny yelled.
But was too late.
The door had opened.
She quickly grabbed her shoe & threw it, spilling & exposing the contents inside & relaseing those things."

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: I Found an "Easter Egg" Yesturday! [Re: cjesseg]
    #395972 - 04/04/10 04:25 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You should of left a note!

"Hey dude, hide your weed better."

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Offlinecjesseg
Earth. Water. Air. Fire.
Male User Gallery

Re: I Found an "Easter Egg" Yesturday! [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #395978 - 04/04/10 04:33 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
You should of left a note!

"Hey dude, hide your weed better."

Haha!
What if he leaves one in reply saying "Okay.. Sorry dude."

--------------------
She spit on the puddle of liquid rice to her left, hoping it would release the toads from their chains.
It did nothing.
Desperately she bit into her arm-chair, hoping, praying the bird will hear her call.
But was too late.
The door had opened.
She quickly grabbed her shoe & threw it, spilling & exposing the contents inside & relaseing those things."

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: I Found an "Easter Egg" Yesturday! [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #395980 - 04/04/10 04:38 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I thought about leaving a note, but I wanted to come back to it and see how shes its doing. I'm still not sure its a MJ plant. Could be something else....

When it gets bigger, I think Ill leave a note: don't want it getting stolen by someone else.

And yeah, it was in plain sight when I saw it: I could see it unobstructed from the dirt trail. But getting to it was tricky, because it was down a steep, muddy hill and there was lots of those spiny branches (they suck!)

But, what a Easter Egg.....

I hope its still there later.

~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Offlinecjesseg
Earth. Water. Air. Fire.
Male User Gallery

#395986 - 04/04/10 04:47 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

If it were a cannabis plant, what if no one planted it there,
'an the seed just fell there, or something, regardless of the seemingly moved pricklies?
Would you adopt it & treat it as your own, or leave it?
Maybe watch for footprints,
or anything that seems like it weren't there before?
It was nice of you to leave it though, as a "just-in-case".

--------------------
It did nothing.
But was too late.
The door had opened.

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #395988 - 04/04/10 04:49 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Hey, THC, I have to ask, why do you always sign your posts and make a comment in italics above it? Not saying you shouldn't do it, I'm just curious.

--------------------

Offlinecjesseg
Earth. Water. Air. Fire.
Male User Gallery

Re: I Found an "Easter Egg" Yesturday! [Re: Cannaboid]
    #395989 - 04/04/10 04:52 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe as just a conclusion to the post?

--------------------
It did nothing.
But was too late.
The door had opened.

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#395993 - 04/04/10 04:55 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

That's definitely someone's grow area.

Those balls are hydroton
The bag in the bucket was their planting soil
I bet the cups were for mixing nutrients or checking pH or something like that

Odd that they'd dump the hydroton outside because they're obviously not doing hydro out there unless you see any solar panels :P

The first pic looks like it could be a cannabis seedling, you should have taken it and grown it out at home to see what their bud was like

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

Invisiblecoda

Re: I Found an "Easter Egg" Yesturday! [Re: ChillWillis]
    #396016 - 04/04/10 05:23 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The hydroton was probably used for drainage if they kept the plants in containers.  Luckily it's just expanded clay so it's not too much of an environmental concern.  The plastic bucket and cups should have been cleaned up though.  I guess that's just the boy scout in me though, when I go hiking/camping I try to always leave my campsite in the same state I found it in.  Not only is just lazy and irresponsible to leave your gear out in the woods to rot, it's an easy way for people to get clued in on your grow spots.  You found these things quite easily which means anyone else can.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: I Found an "Easter Egg" Yesturday! [Re: coda]
    #396022 - 04/04/10 05:33 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, let this be a lesson for the rest of us.  The cup in cup thing looks like a mosquito harvester.  But if i were you i would take that hydroton.  I would probably also do some sneaky shit to find out who it was.  then the possibilities are limited to the scope of your mind and wallet.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: I Found an "Easter Egg" Yesturday! [Re: Cannaboid]
    #396023 - 04/04/10 05:34 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cannaboid said:
Hey, THC, I have to ask, why do you always sign your posts and make a comment in italics above it? Not saying you shouldn't do it, I'm just curious.

Oh, that. I just do that for style. I find it challenging to think of a conclusion to every post. but some are too simple or too complicated to think of one, so I just sign it. Plus, if someone quotes me, they know who said it. I also do it for consistency and like "this was me" kind of a theme going....yeah, that's it, a theme. In movies, its called a motif: a re-occurring theme, idea, or image, that has an underlying meaning within the context of the story. At least, that's my definition.

It is also kinda of experiment to try something new and see how people react to it. Some ignore it. Some mention it (like you). I do it over at the Shroomery, and some people actually adopt it in new and interesting ways. Even over here at the Growery I've seen some people adopt similar styles in specific posts, usually in reply to me (not consistency on every post everywhere). Its pretty cool to see an adoption of your own idea. And there are some people who hate it completely, calling it "pretentious" and "gay artsy". I guess its whatever you want it to be. I'm addicted to it, so its here to stay....

Quote:

ChillWillis said:
That's definitely someone's grow area.

Those balls are hydroton
The bag in the bucket was their planting soil
I bet the cups were for mixing nutrients or checking pH or something like that

Odd that they'd dump the hydroton outside because they're obviously not doing hydro out there unless you see any solar panels :P

The first pic looks like it could be a cannabis seedling, you should have taken it and grown it out at home to see what their bud was like

First, the 2 photos on the bottom with those "hydroton" balls are in a *completely different place*. Here's a little context for those photos.

^At the middle-top, where those crossing brown branches are, is where I found the illegal dump of the spent plant with those hydro balls. The other place was about 1/4 mile away in the opposite direction of where this camera is pointing.

The 2 bottom photos were taken in a parking lot area by the river, while the top three were taken near the riverside, in a semi-seduced space. I believe they are not related, but its possible that they are. Same grower maybe, just now he/she moved from indoor to out?

So those cups could be for mixing pH...interesting....

Ya know what was kinda scary? When I saw that bucket, I thought it was a claymore, ya know, to protect their grow. I know its pretty extreme, but in Hawaii, some use bear traps to protect their outdoor guerrilla grows. I've only heard rumors of it, but since some people do this as their job, I wouldn't be surprized if they did.

And no, I would never steal some one's plant. No way. I would feel very guilty doing it, knowing I took some one's hard work. No way would do it, no matter how beautiful or mature the plant may be. Its just not in my ethical guidelines.

However...if I took it, raised in ideal conditions (where I live is VERY Rainy, and that low-drainage soil might rot the seeling), then returned it later, I think I could do that. I would leave a note too saying "Dear Grower, I took your plant because you are using the wrong soil for this rainy environment and there is low-light here. I will be growing it under grow lights and will give it special care. I will return your plant in 1 week, transplanted in better, high-drainage soil. Your friend, THC."

I think he/she would be cool with that.

That's it, its a theme.
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#396030 - 04/04/10 06:01 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
The hydroton was probably used for drainage if they kept the plants in containers.  Luckily it's just expanded clay so it's not too much of an environmental concern.  The plastic bucket and cups should have been cleaned up though.  I guess that's just the boy scout in me though, when I go hiking/camping I try to always leave my campsite in the same state I found it in.  Not only is just lazy and irresponsible to leave your gear out in the woods to rot, it's an easy way for people to get clued in on your grow spots.  You found these things quite easily which means anyone else can.

I totally agree with you Coda. "Pack in & Pack Out!" as my sexy hike teacher told me. Leave nature as it was, or at least as close as it was before you got there. And never leave trash. That's just stupid and careless.

As for those hydro balls, its good to know they aren't harmful to the environment. I figured that, but when I saw the cracked ones, the material looked otherwise. But you know your stuff, so I'll trust ya on the safety of it.

Quote:

F.Brow. said:
yeah, let this be a lesson for the rest of us.  The cup in cup thing looks like a mosquito harvester.  But if i were you i would take that hydroton.  I would probably also do some sneaky shit to find out who it was.  then the possibilities are limited to the scope of your mind and wallet.

OK, I'm a little lost here. So What's the lesson we should all learn from this? And the cup-in-cup thing is a mosquito harvester? Any relation to MJ cultivation?

Sneaky shit huh....hmmm, sounds kinda sketchy. What would I do, spy on the site until I see some one go there? Maybe some hidden camera traps to get a photo? I wonder if its a girl doing it....that would be hot.

And what's this with "the possibilities are limited to the scope of your mind and wallet." Are you suggesting I take it to the next level? But really, I don't wanna grow the seedling: I already have my own. Plus, its not mine: I don't wanna steal from some one that just trying to grow some plants.

It would be interesting thou. :strokebeard:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
    #396035 - 04/04/10 06:08 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Those are raspberry plants! Come back around july and eat the tasties!

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #396036 - 04/04/10 06:09 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

no i would definitely NOT suggest taking someone elses guerilla grow.  I was suggesting that if i were you i would want to find out who it was, especially if you live in a small community or in the area.  Mosquito larva grows in rainwater pools.  That shit needs to be dumped to the ground.  All standing water like that.  I fucking hate mosquitos.  i meant cultivator instead of harvester in hindsight.  by sneaky i just mean setting a trip wire or something that wouldn't be noticeable, but would set off a cheap camera to go off at that time.  The limiting factor on how you could find out who it is is your imagination and your budget.  ya feel me.  Dont look at it as a suggestion so much as a rogue thought of mine.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #396045 - 04/04/10 06:34 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I'm almost willing to bet money that if you look around, you'll find a lot more.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: I Found an "Easter Egg" Yesturday! [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #396055 - 04/04/10 07:16 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Those are raspberry plants! Come back around July and eat the tasties!

It is?! I never would of guess that. It must be growing like a weed here. heh...weed. I going back in summer then....I love raspberries....especially on vanilla ice cream.....mmmmm.

To F.B.

Oh, I see. You wanna play detective and find out who it is. Wouldn't it be weird if they post here too?

And yeah, flying stinging bugz suck donkey dong. I hate them too.

As for the trip-wire, I think that's a little too much for me. I just wanna see how the plant turns out. Not really interested in who's doing it enough to *really* try and find out. Although it would be cool to find out who it is. Older dude? Young kid? A hot babe? An old grandma? Who knows....

To RasJeph:

YTa think so? Come to think of it, I did pass these 2 girls under a small road bridge, and right when I looked at them, they turned and headed down under the bridge toward the river. Maybe its their plant. And when I looked down to where they were going, I could see a bed mattress and a couple of other things. What was weird is that the girls didn't look homeless: they had nice clothes on. Maybe it was their first day? Maybe the were just camping?

Edit: PS RasJeph, who's that girl in your Sig and why does she always give me a boner? Does she really love banana splits or something?

So much to think about...
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

OfflineBCBudMaster
Bud Smoka

#396058 - 04/04/10 07:31 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

actually i think their black berries because of the immense bush behind them, especially if your in bc those things are everywhere. i like them better than raspberries though

--------------------
C-4:sunny::bongload:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Re: I Found an "Easter Egg" Yesturday! [Re: BCBudMaster]
    #396063 - 04/04/10 07:44 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

BCBudMaster said:
actually i think their black berries because of the immense bush behind them, especially if your in bc those things are everywhere. i like them better than raspberries though

actually you're right, I didn't really look that closely because the leaf pattern was so familiar, but upon magnifying the image I see that they have the fewer, larger thorns indicative of blackberries rather than the numerous smaller thorns common to raspberries. Good catch!

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #396066 - 04/04/10 07:52 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I know you don't care who's plant it is, I just wanted to chime in and say that to find out, the easiest way would be to install a trail-cam. A good way to know if other people are visiting your plants as well. :wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract