Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

Scared 2 Death
    #389115 - 03/23/10 11:32 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

Why is it, that life itself has this terrifying quality, the very nature of reality is so illusory, and there always seems to be this property of fear that grows or goes away, to and fro, as you gain more insight about the truth (u may say "what truth!?" which i will happily pre-respond by saying "your truth") eventually you finally know what it's all about, but

why is it terrifying?

:feelsgoodman:'' Death ain't no thang''  :feelsgoodman:

I mean it's really not that terrifying I guess, and maybe fear is just another emotion, but why is it so? We are all just living organisms, we are all made up of the same stuff, it's like reality is made up of this rubbery feeling organic matter. that goes in of itself, as if it's all made up from nothing. Maybe it's all just a thought, a dream...

But why is fear a part of our daily lives?
(the only kind of fear i am talking about is the fear of the unknown)

but all fear comes from that, without that (the unknown) there would be no fear.

I guess, or it seems to be that without fear there would be no life.
There is nothing to fear.

Fear..

There is nothing to live for, but life itself.

Fear..

The question I wonder is why is 'there' 'fear'.
I know it was involved in the evolutionary process, but I don't understand why fear itself is within life itself.

Like why is fear necessary?

GREED IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL
FEAR is not evil, fear is what one must go through as a test of strength.

Now if fear leads to hate, then fear has been spawned from greed, selfishness, and the fear of admitting selfish behavior could lead to hate.

Hate is the easy way out when it comes to fear, it's like creatine or steroids for weightlifters.

You have to admit to yourself your true selfish behavior in order to let go of fear.

1st step of AA is you have to admit that you are powerless over alcohol to beat an alcohol addiction.

You have to admit.. Your not powerless, you have the power to admit or not, that is the thang.

IT"S CALLED FACE YOUR FEARS FOR A REASON

IDK

just doin' thangs, on dr00gz and shiet, figured i'd talk about life and death and what not,

u know
doin' futile thangs
cuz

we just dont know shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

:feelsgoodman:

or maybe just doin' thangs, futile or not, doin' thangs, still doin' thangs
                                                                                                                                                                                          :glittershitz:

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Scared 2 Death [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #389218 - 03/24/10 08:44 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

I feel ya man.  and it :feelsgoodman:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineBuddy
Mr.
Male

#389270 - 03/24/10 12:29 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

You been reading Bret Easton Ellis lately?

--------------------
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro!

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
    #389317 - 03/24/10 01:32 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

What drugs are you on man?

Fear, I think I think, is an manifested illusion of love, the true matter of the universe. The universe is nothing but nothingness and is an illusion or a hallucination- nothing matters, nothing to get hung about. Just beauty. :hippie:

--------------------

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: Scared 2 Death [Re: FRACTALife]
    #389417 - 03/24/10 05:35 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

FRACTALife said:
What drugs are you on man?

Fear, I think I think, is an manifested illusion of love, the true matter of the universe. The universe is nothing but nothingness and is an illusion or a hallucination- nothing matters, nothing to get hung about. Just beauty. :hippie:

word yeah..

i duno, right now im drunk as fuck.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and stoned too.. uhhh yeah but there is always fear, and its part of life, so the real question i wonder is...

"why do we put ourselves through all of this?""

but yeah, IDK im so drunk its unbeleivable. lolz

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: Scared 2 Death [Re: Buddy]
    #389418 - 03/24/10 05:36 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Buddy said:
You been reading Bret Easton Ellis lately?

duno who that dawg is, dawg

--------------------

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #389423 - 03/24/10 05:38 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

Because we are stupid we need the nirvana of the tao and then we can try to stop doing it and start doin thangs :feelsgoodman:

--------------------

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

#389428 - 03/24/10 05:47 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

well the thang is,

without this bad, there would be no good,

without hate, no love etc.

without fear, no courage.

the ultimate question i am wondering is..

"why do we put ourselves in this predicament?"

why do we  allow ourselves to be caught in such a loop, that contains this negativity?

I mean it really isn't so bad, but at the same time, is it really worth it? It's beautiful yes, but IDK if it's really worth all of this trouble.
this negativity..

anyway, i dont really expect anyone to understand what im trying to talk about, so o well.. :feelsgoodman: anyway..

--------------------

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #389436 - 03/24/10 05:55 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

I disagree, yeah now a days that's the case but in the good old times back in what I am reading from foods of the gods there was some hard times or tediousness but it was pretty much heaven

--------------------

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #389439 - 03/24/10 05:57 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

"Humanity grows more and more intelligent, yet there is clearly more trouble and less happiness daily. How can this be so? It is because intelligence is not the same thing as wisdom. When a society misuses partial intelligence and ignores holistic wisdom, its people forget the benefits of a plain and natural life. Seduced by their desires, emotions, and egos, they become slaves to bodily demands, to luxuries, to power,to materialism and unbalanced religion and psychological games and excuses. Then the reign of calamity and confusion begins. Nonetheless, superior people can awaken during times of turmoil to lead others out of the mire. But how can the one liberate the many? By first liberating his own being. He does this nor by elevating himself, but by lowering himself. He lowers himself to that which is simple, modest, true; integrating it into himself, he becomes a master of simplicity, modesty, truth. Completely emancipated from his former false life, he discovers his original pure nature, which is the pure nature of the universe. Freely and spontaneously releasing his divine energy, he constantly transcends complicated situations and draws everything around him back into an integral oneness. Because he is a living divinity, when he acts, the universe acts. --

The subtle truth can be pointed at with words, but it can't be contained by them. Take time to listen to what is said without words, to obey the law too subtle to be written, to worship the unnameable and to embrace the unformed. Love your life. Trust the Tao. Make love with the invisible subtle origin of the universe, and you will give yourself everything you need. You won't have to hide away forever in spiritual retreats. You can be a gentle, contemplative hermit right here in the middle of everything, utterly unaffected, thoroughly sustained and rewarded by your integral practices. Encouraging others, giving freely to all, awakening and purifying the world with each movement and action, you'll ascend to the divine realm in broad daylight. The breath of the Tao speaks, and those who are in harmony with it hear quite clearly."

--------------------

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

#389441 - 03/24/10 05:58 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

thang is

there is always this 'fear' of death, i mean the fear of the unknown will always  be, without the unknown there would be no known.

what im sayin is..

[
why do we put ourselves in such a position that allows us this emotion of 'fear'

fear is not worth it, unless u overcome it and become more confident, but why do we put ourselves into fearful situations?

like why is it necessary?

why?

--------------------

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #389444 - 03/24/10 06:02 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

Have you ever done DMT? I haven't yet, but I am going to before I die. It seems to answer a lot of those questions for other people. Just hearing what they experienced answered some for me.

:hippie:

--------------------

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

#389445 - 03/24/10 06:04 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

FRACTALife said:
"Humanity grows more and more intelligent, yet there is clearly more trouble and less happiness daily. How can this be so? It is because intelligence is not the same thing as wisdom. When a society misuses partial intelligence and ignores holistic wisdom, its people forget the benefits of a plain and natural life. Seduced by their desires, emotions, and egos, they become slaves to bodily demands, to luxuries, to power,to materialism and unbalanced religion and psychological games and excuses. Then the reign of calamity and confusion begins. Nonetheless, superior people can awaken during times of turmoil to lead others out of the mire. But how can the one liberate the many? By first liberating his own being. He does this nor by elevating himself, but by lowering himself. He lowers himself to that which is simple, modest, true; integrating it into himself, he becomes a master of simplicity, modesty, truth. Completely emancipated from his former false life, he discovers his original pure nature, which is the pure nature of the universe. Freely and spontaneously releasing his divine energy, he constantly transcends complicated situations and draws everything around him back into an integral oneness. Because he is a living divinity, when he acts, the universe acts. --

The subtle truth can be pointed at with words, but it can't be contained by them. Take time to listen to what is said without words, to obey the law too subtle to be written, to worship the unnameable and to embrace the unformed. Love your life. Trust the Tao. Make love with the invisible subtle origin of the universe, and you will give yourself everything you need. You won't have to hide away forever in spiritual retreats. You can be a gentle, contemplative hermit right here in the middle of everything, utterly unaffected, thoroughly sustained and rewarded by your integral practices. Encouraging others, giving freely to all, awakening and purifying the world with each movement and action, you'll ascend to the divine realm in broad daylight. The breath of the Tao speaks, and those who are in harmony with it hear quite clearly."

Quote:

FRACTALife said:

another thang is..

i agree with all of that, and everythang, but

why do we put ourselves in predicaments such that..|

lets say, if we ultimately were the creators of the universe around us.. then

Quote:

Then the reign of calamity and confusion begins.

why do we allow THAT to occur?

if we all are god, then why do we allow the negativity of life to occur? because without it life wouldn't be possible?

if that were the case then the process of creation would be much more complex and advanced than god, but if god is the ultimate thang, then why would god make it be that way?

grrr. :seriousbusiness:

--------------------

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

#389451 - 03/24/10 06:10 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

like there is this nature of fear, that is contained in the whole concept of life, without it, there would be no life..

but WHY, do we, (if we are god) allow ourselves for us to feel such pain in experiencing life?

like as individuals we have no choice on the matter, but we do have the choice whether or not to question it.

WHat i wonder is, why we question it period, especially since it seems we cant change it, which is negative enough, but that is what all this really is

a jumbled sense of data, subjectively negative and/or positive, all for this EXPERIENCE of life.. why must we experience the negative in order to experience the positive?

why do we do this to ourselves?

:frown: lol o well :feelsgoodman:

--------------------

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #389456 - 03/24/10 06:13 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

god is no person or entity. god is love, a subtle energy. we let that happen because people loose their way in power and greed because they get lost in the skills and behavior that we have just to be able to manage to live in intense conditions.

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite.
For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narow chinks of his cavern."

"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour."

--------------------

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

#389465 - 03/24/10 06:21 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

FRACTALife said:
god is no person or entity. god is love, a subtle energy. we let that happen because people loose their way in power and greed because they get lost in the skills and behavior that we have just to be able to manage to live in intense conditions.

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite.
For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narow chinks of his cavern."

"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour."

yeah i see that, but i also see like

what death would be, death would be ultimate peace, no good or bad, it's relief from all this stress within life.

but im not sure.. i think i need to dose on :cactuar: and dwell on this topic, but i got school 2 go to tomorrow, but i think ill do it anyway, because it :feelsgooodman: but idk :feelsgoodman:

love is good hate is bad, idk, thangs doin' thangs

--------------------

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #389469 - 03/24/10 06:23 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

:tongue2::sun::thumbup::love::feelsgoodman::hippie:

--------------------

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

#389471 - 03/24/10 06:23 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

if thangs are love, then

if we need hate in order to experience this love, then why do we make ourselves experience hate, just in order to experience love?

like why is this negative worth the positive ?

or is it just doin' thangs? :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #389490 - 03/24/10 06:34 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

we have to be an animal to function on the earth so we have a little bit of nasty vicious instincts in us to help us survive if ever needed only so we can have the love

but people get lost in the instinct sometimes

:love:

:yinyang2:

--------------------

OfflineMoonajuana Time
doin'

#389557 - 03/24/10 07:51 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

either there is consciousness after death, which would mean that consciousness is eternal and immortal and you will be aware "trapped" in this loop of reality at battle with itself for ever and ever...

or there is no consciousness after death, which would be freedom from this paradox. freedom from this terrifying reality which makes no sense to us.

either thought is a bummer :shrug:

:feelsweirdman:

--------------------
doin doin'

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds