Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

What to do with clippins
    #383442 - 03/14/10 10:59 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Okay I am asking once again for some opinions. I have my first plant coming down in about a week and I need some ideas for clippings. I was thinking about making some ice hash and a friend has a set of 7 bags but I am concerned I wont have very much trim and they are 5gallon size bags.

Will using them waste any? would I be better doing a chemical extraction and making oil instead? or with the small quantity of clippings should i just put them in my screen box and shake em?

I really want to get the most out of it so let me hear your ideas.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What to do with clippins [Re: pha3r0]
    #383460 - 03/14/10 11:43 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Well, what's a small amount of clippings?  An oz, two, less then an oz?  You'll be ok to use a large set of bags with small amount of clippings, you'll just have a lot of unused room.  But if you're working with a small amount of clippings the chances of a good yield are small with bubble bags (actually, don't expect much of a yield with anything if not using much).

Personally for smaller runs I prefer a solvent extraction.  Last harvest I ended up with a quart jar fill of good clippings and ended up with around 2-2.5 gms of some oil.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: What to do with clippins [Re: coda]
    #383594 - 03/14/10 03:52 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

the tutorial dr.penguin wrote with his butane tek is good for small amounts as well

um, i usually just do brownies or something...make some cannabutter or some oil if its a small amount

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: What to do with clippins [Re: mhbound]
    #383900 - 03/15/10 07:36 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

right on guys thanks for the responces. The trim in question will be coming from the plant in my grow log 'The Dream'. Orolly wont be much more then a sandwich bag full.

I had not considered just doing budder with them. I have always used straight nugs for it would it come out much greener tasting using trim or no?

Finally have my camera back so I will have an update today in the log for those watching.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What to do with clippins [Re: pha3r0]
    #383976 - 03/15/10 11:18 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

You could always dry sieve. I don't know about you, but I have a problem conserving kief/hash when its around. Dry sieving is great because you can throw trim on the screen once and keep the kief coming for weeks, one bowl at a time.

Bubble is still the best hash though and will yield the most from your resin. I just don't enjoy making the stuff and I smoke it up too fast, lol.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies