Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: who grows in straight perlite? [Re: Dephect]
    #372423 - 02/24/10 12:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Dephect said:
Quote:

captain.koons said:
Quote:

Dephect said:
hydroponics needs to be checked everyday.

:ilold:

I should stop going on vacation for a week or two at a time then.

I love it how you come in here asking a question and you completely ridicule everyone.
Im going to laugh when someday you come back from your two week vacation and everything is gone..

I wanted to start a perlite discussion I'm not so much asking for advise. I'm definitely not hear what idiots have to say... ya fuggin' idiot.

My neighbor next door has come out to investigate my friends often for being in my driveway at odd hours with his shotgun in hand so I'm not too worried about being a victim of robbery.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: who grows in straight perlite? [Re: captain.koons]
    #372424 - 02/24/10 12:28 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

which one do you prefer? would you care to share a bit more on your methods? I'm thinking about getting away from handwatered perlite on my next round just for simplicity reasons.

Do you go with a bunch of smaller plants in 2qt or 1gal sized containers or do you use larger containers and larger plants?
Which one do you prefer? not just in terms of growth rate, but maintenance, quantity of nutrients used during the grow etc...

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: who grows in straight perlite? [Re: mhbound]
    #372427 - 02/24/10 12:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
Quote:

captain.koons said:
Quote:

mhbound said:
lol........

no like.....shove perlite in a pvc pipe...one end in the bucket with the soil/plant/perlite or whatever growing medium you choose

one end in the water below and it keeps it perfectly watered you never have to worry about it all you have to do is check ph, feed those things

Yeah, have fun with that one.

You obviously aren't coherent enough to comprehend my previous post.

I'm not dooooooooooooood because I'm on some muscle relaxers, klonopin and weed because i have a stress fracture in my lower back and i need surgery...

:highfive:

Where is your lady?

You're never really coherent nor do you really seem to conduct yourself intelligently. For the record.

My lady is in bed, sleeping.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #372428 - 02/24/10 12:30 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
higromite never heard of it...will look in to it and i think i will do a grow with this type wick system in this thread just for fun in the box i just build out of random shit i had

My buddy has used it on his last two grows @ approximately 50% coir / 20% perlite / 30% higromite. It looks similar to perlite but acts more like hydroton, only better. Perlite & coco have good water retention and GREAT drainage/aeration, while hygromite is kind of the opposite. There were some guys on icmag who did lasagna gardening grows with it too, i.e. layered 2" hygromite, 3" coir, 1" hygromite, 3" coir. The only reason I haven't tried it yet and most people haven't heard of it is the price IMO.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: who grows in straight perlite? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #372433 - 02/24/10 12:37 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
which one do you prefer? would you care to share a bit more on your methods? I'm thinking about getting away from handwatered perlite on my next round just for simplicity reasons.

Do you go with a bunch of smaller plants in 2qt or 1gal sized containers or do you use larger containers and larger plants?
Which one do you prefer? not just in terms of growth rate, but maintenance, quantity of nutrients used during the grow etc...

Either medium works well.

If I could only use one I'd stick to the hydrotron with General Hydroponics 3 part (I'm currently using Floranova but I'd rather just use the 3-part) using KoolBloom liquid but I think I'm going to try using Koolbloom powder soon.

I've used Botanicare, Floranova, and CNS17 with coco and all worked well.. Botanicare are the most expensive and I'm skeptical about the cost efficiency of a lot of the nutrients from Botanicare and I think I'm going to try a 15ml Pure Blend Pro + 5ml Calmag which is basically the botanicare lucas formula. If you value organic you might want to try this.

On second thought I might keep just the coco if I had to pick because I plan to feed the spent coco to my worms.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #372435 - 02/24/10 12:42 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

why the 3-part over the floranova?

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #372437 - 02/24/10 12:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

less mixing means I don't have to over emphasize the importance of shaking vigorously to my garden gnomes.

Don't care that it costs like 3 times more than the floranova, I prefer it and get similar results.

I also tend to do my garden work right after going to the gym as thats when I'm not asleep and my lights are on so I don't have the strength to shake vigorously.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #372449 - 02/24/10 01:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
Quote:

mhbound said:
Quote:

captain.koons said:
Quote:

mhbound said:
lol........

no like.....shove perlite in a pvc pipe...one end in the bucket with the soil/plant/perlite or whatever growing medium you choose

one end in the water below and it keeps it perfectly watered you never have to worry about it all you have to do is check ph, feed those things

Yeah, have fun with that one.

You obviously aren't coherent enough to comprehend my previous post.

I'm not dooooooooooooood because I'm on some muscle relaxers, klonopin and weed because i have a stress fracture in my lower back and i need surgery...

:highfive:

Where is your lady?

You're never really coherent nor do you really seem to conduct yourself intelligently. For the record.

My lady is in bed, sleeping.

well sir if you don't think im intelligent then you need to come to the dome,

why would i spend the time to get a simple point across when i could make it simple.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #372451 - 02/24/10 01:05 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

is your lady still Anna Bannana? is she still underage? I miss that lady and she should hurry up and turn 18 so this website isn't so sausage party all the time

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #372454 - 02/24/10 01:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i know man

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #372463 - 02/24/10 01:16 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
is your lady still Anna Bannana? is she still underage? I miss that lady and she should hurry up and turn 18 so this website isn't so sausage party all the time

Theres that new one, shroomie girl or whatever. But we all know there are no girls on the internet.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #372468 - 02/24/10 01:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

I've never been aware of her age. She could be 3 for all I know.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #372488 - 02/24/10 01:28 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

If you mhbound haven't come to the realization that a god damn pvc pipe filled with perlite isn't practical nor effective for hydrating soil, you're a fucking idiot.

If you want to wick feed soil for some reason just use a god damn cloth wick.

For the sake of redundancy and making you look like a moron, I'll explain. First off soil it's self doesn't wick water very good at all which is why the top of your soil gets dry rather fast. This goes for "soil-less" mediums too. PVC pipe can be filled with perlite and yes that can be lowered into a reservoir but at the end that enters soil will not be able to hydrate the soil all it would do is hydrate the surrounding soil which would be useless. One would then need to install a wick that layed out throughout the soil to get some useful hydration which would be pointless attaching to the perlite because you could just do this with cloth wicks through the soil right into a reservoir.

I think if one of my friends tried to design some sort of elaborate and useless setup such as your idiotic PVC perlite wick for soil I think I'd call Magash to punch him in the fucking head, because he'd be more idiotic than triptonic for putting seeds in a microwave which deserves a punch in the head.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: who grows in straight perlite? [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #372699 - 02/24/10 04:55 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

206 said:
Quote:

mhbound said:
higromite never heard of it...will look in to it and i think i will do a grow with this type wick system in this thread just for fun in the box i just build out of random shit i had

My buddy has used it on his last two grows @ approximately 50% coir / 20% perlite / 30% higromite. It looks similar to perlite but acts more like hydroton, only better. Perlite & coco have good water retention and GREAT drainage/aeration, while hygromite is kind of the opposite. There were some guys on icmag who did lasagna gardening grows with it too, i.e. layered 2" hygromite, 3" coir, 1" hygromite, 3" coir. The only reason I haven't tried it yet and most people haven't heard of it is the price IMO.

Higromite is also a good source of silica.  I was going to buy a bag myself, but the hydro shop said their supplier stopped carrying it.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck