Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #371823 - 02/23/10 08:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You should check this thread out if your having problems with your grow room. I would use a staple gun or a screw to make the vinyl stay, not electrical tape.

At least your plant still looks like its alive :smile:

Unlike my Jackberry girl that died :sad:

If your area is chill I wouldn't run the fan at night.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #371864 - 02/23/10 09:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
well it looks better to me. :shrug: not out of the woods left, but it's stopped getting worse.

Agreed, the top leaves look way better.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #372076 - 02/23/10 10:52 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I agree, I just took a look at her a few minutes ago, and she looks a lot better.

The top leaves are starting to flatten out and below less taco'd. However, the large fan leaves look toast. Should I just cut them off with scissors where the yellow meets the green? Or is that more harm than good.

To Dephect:

That sucks about your plant dying...what happened to it? Did you neglect it?

Also, I looked at the methods link. Pretty helpful. But I have to say, the wooden planks on the celien is way too involved for me. I'm moving out of this place in late June, so I wanna keep the construction  modifications as simple as possible.

To the Harry Man:

I will take your advice Harry: I'll leave her alone for a couple days. Maybe some light sparying on the leaves with the food/water mixture, but that's it. No soil sparying. I'll post some pictures on Wednesday afternoon to show you guys how she looks.

Until then, good night and have a pleasant too-mar-oh.

~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (02/23/10 10:53 PM)

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #372086 - 02/23/10 11:05 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:

To Dephect:

That sucks about your plant dying...what happened to it? Did you neglect it?

Also, I looked at the methods link. Pretty helpful. But I have to say, the wooden planks on the celien is way too involved for me. I'm moving out of this place in late June, so I wanna keep the construction  modifications as simple as possible.

She was a product of a trade with a friend and he had her in hydro. I decided to try hydro for the first time and filled the water level too high in the DWC and pretty much drowned her. In turn it destroyed all of her growth on the tips of the branches making it flop over. I decided to spare myself the pain and give her the chop. A mix of neglect and not being and not having the correct knowledge on the method I was trying.

Well I am not talking about the planks. I am talking about the window. If its anything I learned from trying to tape posters or anything on the wall in my place its that they really never stay if they are heavy. Maybe even get some push pins for that vinyl. You don't want your stealth being blown. Or your light cycle interrupted.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Dephect]
    #372094 - 02/23/10 11:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I just saw your journal....that was so sad to see her die. :sad: I pour out some of my 40 for a homie, Ms. Jackberry...:BrothaPouringOutLiquourGremlin:

So you said you she was a "product of a trade". Did your friend send it thru the mail? If so, that's pretty amazing.

And that hydro growing looks really tricky. I'm glad I took the soil route: that stuffs way to advanced for me. Looks expensive to run too.

I hope your professional seeds (the Russian Rocket Fuel, what a name) and your bagseed go better. I hoping for your sucess...

Pour Out for Our Homies
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #372095 - 02/23/10 11:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Click my sig man. I'm kinda hydro growing. Its supposedly pretty simple.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Triptonic]
    #372102 - 02/23/10 11:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Pretty simple huh...how come the first few posts takes about you "failing" your first grow whith "hempy buckets"? Is that why the thread is called "Hempy Bucket Grow w/ Learning Experience"?

Is that considered "true" hydro? I always thought it was that the roots were completely submerged in water, like floating in it. Seems like those are sitting in vermiculite or something.

Is it all just considered hydro when the substrate the roots grow in has no nutrients (like perlite or vermiculite)?

Slightly Confused
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#372105 - 02/23/10 11:30 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I grew in soil, made it all the way to flowering and got some bud (not much though).  They were saying I failed cuz I didnt know what a hempy bucket was :lol:

A Hempy Bucket seems like its a combo of the two, but it has no soil in it what-so-ever, so that would make it more of a hydro IMO.

Basically you drill a hole 2 inches off the bottom of the bucket and it mimics the water table. It was developed by "Hempy" that is why it is called such. The roots will go down and find the water in the bottom of the bucket.

Its actually a pretty cool thing, I'm happy so far :thumbup:

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#372117 - 02/23/10 11:41 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Oh, I see! I thought you failed because you killed your plants, not because you only grew a little bit of bud. Seems silly to call it a "fail" just from low-yields and not what the bucket was....

I learned a little about Harry after asking him what they were from his "Harry's CFL ladies" grow journal, which I became pretty inspired on for my own grow.
When I heard "Hempy" for the first time, I thought the substrate was made of "Hemp fibers", kinda like how coconut husk (coco coir) is used for growing. Its just as confusing and misleading as the "PF-Tek" and "The Shotgun Terrarium". Misleading names seems to be pretty common in these types of hobbies, and I'm slowly learning on the jargon, but there's a lot!

I'm glad you like those buckets: they sound pretty interesting. If I had more time, I'd probably try it. I bet the growth rate is way faster than soil huh? Maybe in the long-away future....

Totally-Misleaded
~ TrueHerbCrystaL ~

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (02/23/10 11:41 PM)

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#372119 - 02/23/10 11:42 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

lol, I dont know I have never done a hempy grow before. But I would assume it might be a little faster.

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #372129 - 02/24/10 12:12 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Its simple, you just need to know the basics and there was one thing I overlooked and had one negative outcome from it. But in the words of Confucius;

"Study the past if you would define the future."

All together my hydro set-up cost $50.
3gal bucket w/ net pot lid - $12
75gal air pump - $25

I have had the nutes for a while for my soil plants. Liquid nutrients are the best when they are from the hydro/grow store. You should look for a local one. They cost about 20 - 30 for a two part solution.

Lessons learned though, I am pretty confident I can grow with hydro now. I have a plant in my DWC right now.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Dephect]
    #372135 - 02/24/10 12:24 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

ha ha yeah i got liquid nutes.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#372137 - 02/24/10 12:28 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Let me ask you guys, is there such thing as liquid "organic" nutrients?

I know there's the chemical ones, but what about natural ones?

Is It Possible?
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#372138 - 02/24/10 12:30 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah there are quite a few I think. I think Earth Juice is one. Lemme check though.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#372139 - 02/24/10 12:31 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#372144 - 02/24/10 12:51 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting...:strokebeard:...I'm guessing its extracted from natural, because how could be liquid from natural sources? You can't just puree a dead fish and bottle it right?

I guess at the chemical level, it doesn't really matter if its organic or lab-made, as long as the Nitrogen-Phosphorous-Ketamine, I mean Potassium, are in the correct compound so that the plant can absorb it. Its all chemicals anyway.

Mmmm...Juicy
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#372149 - 02/24/10 12:53 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well I mean what is natural anyways? Chemicals all come from the earth right? So basically everything is "natural". Ha ha I'm gonna get slammed for this.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#372164 - 02/24/10 01:20 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, you are going to get slammed: the orgainic hippie growers are NOT going to like that statement.

But you're right for the most part: all chemicals are recycled thru the earth, even the ones used in labotories and scientific settings. Its all part of the Great Nutrient Cycle of Earth Ecosystem.

I guess the important question on if someone should use organic or "chemical" liquid fertilizers is is the nutrient in the right form that the plant uses naturally. I mean, if the plant uses nitrogen (the gas) when its dissolved in water, then "chemical" fertilizers should be the best right? But, I really don't know which compound a plant likes their Nitrogen and Ph and Potassium in, that's something for the scientists here to answer....maybe Harry knows, he's got a lot of education....

But its pretty interesting thou: Can you feed hydroponic plants with organic, "natural", non-extracted liquid fertilizers, or are pure "chemical" fertilizers the only way?

I wonder...:strokebeard:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

#372168 - 02/24/10 01:46 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

During veg if you wanted to go liquid organic I would recommend a fish emulsion like Alaska's 5-1-1.  It's not too spendy and can be found near the shultz you grabbed.  I've never tried it but it seems to work well for alot of people and should be a complete veg nute besides maybe needing some cal-mag at some point.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: DudeTron]
    #372260 - 02/24/10 07:39 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

not all chemicals come from the earth guys. most of them need to be synthesised or refined from natural sources.

yes uranium is natural, no your can't burn a rock in a reactor you need to purify the junk out and that makes the remaining portion harmful. ammonia occurs naturally also but to get it pure we make it and we make it much stronger and purer than occurs naturally making it much more harmful.

I use a product called Zamzows Thrive for my plants. it's nice and mild and has a lot of sugars for the microbes to chow on. the plants really love it and so far I have not had any micro deficiencies. It wouldn't be okay in a hydro setup though i imagine for that reason.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates