Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Can You Make Magic Brownies with just Leaves?
    #341802 - 01/06/10 07:43 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I ask this because I'm considering gettin' some seeds (from somewhere, not sure where) and growing some female bushes.

Since Flowering takes like 6-7 months (from what I believe), I wanted to make some magical brownies from somes matured, green leaves. :happyweed:

Is there any THC in the leaves or is it all just in the bud and the leaves around the bud (ex: trimmings)?

-> Is this all you need for Space Cake?

Anyone tried it as a experiment to find out or because they couldn't wait for the buds to mature?

Cooking With Fire
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (01/06/10 07:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: Can You Make Magic Brownies with just Leaves? [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #341855 - 01/06/10 08:15 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I suppose you could, if you want weak brownies..

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Loc: Hindu Kush Mountains
Re: Can You Make Magic Brownies with just Leaves? [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #342353 - 01/07/10 01:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

maybe if you have the dankest weed ever
or if you have a super super low tolerance
or if you're a begginer
but no i wouldnt

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: Can You Make Magic Brownies with just Leaves? [Re: Shr0000ooooms]
    #342404 - 01/07/10 02:36 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

So, leaves do have *some* THC, but its just very very little?

What about male plants: do their leaves have *any* THC in them? Would it just be better to use bud clipings instead of Weed Leaves?

The reason I don't wanna make it with buds is that I *always* make it took powerful, causing me to go into a bad "Oh my God, I'm gunna die" trip.

Death trips are never fun, unless you are actually going go...

A Less-Potent Version
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (01/07/10 02:53 PM)

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: Can You Make Magic Brownies with just Leaves? [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #342469 - 01/07/10 04:34 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I could be wrong but I thought the leaves around the buds (what would eventually be trim) grew trichomes on them like the buds did but the vegetative leaves had virtually no THC / CBD content

and if you make em too strong just eat less :rastamon:

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Loc: The Hall of Doom
Re: Can You Make Magic Brownies with just Leaves? [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #352301 - 01/23/10 11:31 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I've found extractions help in this area.  I've used acetone to stip THC from leaves.  It takes a lot of leaves but it works.  The thing is the THC resin is so strong I don't care for smoking it.  I always make it into food.

With regard to eating your weed vs. smoking it I've found that you seem to build an independant tolerance to the weed you eat vs the weed you smoke.  For example I haven't smoked weed much at all lately.  Until last night I got some indica bud that just rocked me on three hits.  However I've been eating these mega strong brownies in increasing doses every day for weeks.  Basically to the point that if I ate as much brownie when I first started eating them as I do now I would have gone bonkers.

Quote:

NobodyImportant said:
if you make em too strong just eat less :rastamon:

Well yes and no.  I've been messing around with just eating my weed lately and I'm starting to get some ideas about weed in my food.

First I agree you can eat less for less of a trip.  The trouble with that is it takes several experiments to get the just right does which can result in additional "Death Trips" or at least mild discomfort.  Those sorts of trips are just totally counter to the point of the recreational use of weed for me.  I use weed to relax and unwind and kill back pain.  I certainly don't want my heart racing, my anxiety through the roof, and the worst dry mouth you can imagine.  Also starting with really really tiny amounts and working your way up seems to be a crumby but necessary way to go (pardon the pun).  You have to eat a tiny bit, wait half an hour or so then get disapointed for getting pretty much nothing.  Then you repeat the process with a little bit more.  This wastes a bit of it and lots of time.  Also I've found eating weed has a cumulative effect.  So those nibbling experiments really only give you a rough idea of where to start your experiments next time.  Here again you will either have a little waste or discomfort. 

Another reason not to make them too strong is taste.  Simply put weed tastes bad.  The more of it you put in something the worse that something tastes.  I don't really recommend putting bud straight in your cooking.  Somethings cover the taste a bit but anytime you get a little bud particle in your mouth ... well it isn't pleasent.  As I mentioned before I have done acetone extractions on fan leaves before for THC Resin.  That's tricky too.  It is hard to judge how much resin is good for say a pan of brownies or what have you.  Then you have to make certain you mix it evenly in the badder.  That said, the taste is way way better but still quite noticeable. 

I have some cannibutter I'm dieing to try out, by itself it doesn't taste terrible I'm hoping through it I'll achieve the best of both worlds.  Reasonably good taste and medium potency.

So good luck to you and your leaves.  Perhaps try making some cannibutter with them and use extra butter in the brownie mix. (where you are substituting butter for oil). :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale