Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
I'm living my own wet dream
    #351173 - 01/21/10 08:26 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Gonna leave this here for a couple days to help get some conversation started and then move it over to GRD

Soooo..... I work for this company that professionally installs and renovates greenhouses. Well somebody rather wealthy saw some of our work and just hired me and one of my friends as freelance consultants to convert his garage into a grow space.

So here's the deal- I have a blank slate on a 20'x14' space (yes you read that right, and yes I almost shit my pants too). he wants the ability for mothers and clones and veg, as well as a flowering room. The 20' wall is the side that needs to have the door in it so keep that in mind also.

So I'm curious in hearing everyone's designs for this. How would you divide up the space for maximum harvest while still keeping everything efficient in terms of access to the rooms, efficient airflow so that all spaces are properly ventilated, and proper heating and cooling. remember, this is in a detached garage, so although we're planning on insulating and hanging sheetrock, temperatures will be a concern.

Thanks everyone, I think this should be pretty fun to toss around ideas on :grin:
and I can't wait for a month from now when I can post some pictures of my 6000W flowering room :doggystyle:

ALSO NOTE: THIS ROOM IS 100% LEGAL UNDER COLORADO CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT #20.

--------------------

Edited by Harry_Ba11sach (02/08/10 12:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerodfarva

Loc: Sobe
Re: I'm living my own wet dream [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #351177 - 01/21/10 08:44 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hell yea, i always wanted to do this, and even had it happen.
I didnt have the heart to follow through tho: the guys family owns commercial greenhouses and wanted to start a legal co-op grow (using %100 my connections.) At first i thought they wanted to do it someplace off site, and use their wholesale light and hydro discounts etc... but nooooo they wanted to grow right in part of their shop. Behind the part open to the public.

I :facepalm: 'd

then had to break the news:
    word would get out about the grow almost instantly, no, almost more than instantly- like time travel; everyone would fucking know about it a day before we knew we were doing it. Then since we're 20 min from detroit, eventually someone would come kill me, him, and probably their whole family, then take the weed and all the $ and supplies.

They immediately agreed with my premise and were totally upset with themselves that they hadnt realized on their own. Then the became incredibly reluctant to do it in a new building (either of us could easily buy or rent something more than adequate.) SE michigan is so fucked my boy just bought a 2500 sq' house 12 years old and in a really nice area for $90,000. The same house was sold 7 years ago for $320,000.

I could probably buy a 100,000 sq/ft shop here for about the same price + some hella large heating and tax bills. Its laughable, most the downtown loft renovations rent for less than what the heat bill costs in the winter months.

Fuck i hope we can get something together because we could really do well in an actual greenhouse set up. even if we could only grow 12 plants, can you imagine 12 - 15 foot plants? yum. The weight is only counted after harvest from what i understand, so idk ... still need to keep everything on the low, low, fo real.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm living my own wet dream [Re: rodfarva]
    #351178 - 01/21/10 08:53 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Come out here dude, you got a business partner in me :grin:

--------------------

Offlinerodfarva

#351181 - 01/21/10 08:59 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yeah? where you at, if shit really falls apart for me ill do it.

Im talking about a full next energy integration, as well as custom bullet proofing and small cheatas with lasers.
Then, grow big weed in secret, depositing massive quantities in multiple safe stashes before selling so much as a gram of it. Preferably, sales would be conducted after dismantling of the grow. Meanwhile the grow area would be converted into a profitable edible gourmet mushroom house.

Wind and solar generators integrated with the grid, natural light through the roof polarized to prevent sight from air, but not filter UV. geo-thermal wells, or a mill are also pretty interesting to me.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #351189 - 01/21/10 09:30 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Lol ok that sounds a bit extreme to me:lol:
any thoughts on what the most efficient layout would be for my curret situation? I've got some ideas but I'm in class right now. I'll be sure to upload some when I get home

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #351193 - 01/21/10 09:51 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

That grow is gonna be EXTREME Harry! Can't wait to see it. You got me brainstorming now. :plot:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Offlinerodfarva

Re: I'm living my own wet dream [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #351198 - 01/21/10 10:02 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

lets start with the rough layout, draw a bmp of the room and where the door is. Does it open in or out?
is it on a slab, basement, crawlspace? Whats above it; celing/attic, drop celing, second floor, or roof?

WHat are the walls made of?

what kind of electric exists already?

Is there running H2o and/or a drain in the floor?

--------------------

Offlinepblcenmy1
Perfectionist
Male User Gallery

Loc: CO Flag
    #351200 - 01/21/10 10:04 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'd relay the flooring ( assuming the ground is concrete, raise it up about 8 inches using pressurized beams and inside the flooring would be my ventilation either by pvc tubing or pro-flex of some sort with multiple connections from a main artery of fans that were maybe segregated in a corner.  I would also have vegetative plants and the clones together maybe the same side as the socialized fans were to free up congestion around any flowering plant to help it breath unrestricted and to move around them with ease when harvest comes.  And i would incorporate side lighting Fluorescent tubing with HPS from the ceiling.

This is mostly my dream but hopefully you can use an idea or two.  The underfloor ventilation i can picture in my head but not sure if its effectiveness would outrun its difficulty.  What say you Harry?

--------------------
Down 2 Earth, Up N Space!

Offlinepblcenmy1
Perfectionist
Male User Gallery

Loc: CO Flag
Re: I'm living my own wet dream [Re: pblcenmy1]
    #351202 - 01/21/10 10:09 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I just read that first sentence, and no, i didnt say to raise the concrete! haha sorry i just woke up and i havnt been stoned in 3 weeks :/

--------------------
Down 2 Earth, Up N Space!

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #351219 - 01/21/10 11:25 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

rodfarva said:
lets start with the rough layout, draw a bmp of the room and where the door is. Does it open in or out?
is it on a slab, basement, crawlspace? Whats above it; celing/attic, drop celing, second floor, or roof?

WHat are the walls made of?

what kind of electric exists already?

Is there running H2o and/or a drain in the floor?

right now it's a 20x24' garage and he wants us to section part of it off (about 15 feet or so). it's a poured concrete slab floor with 18" footers. it already has power (150amp breakers on 120V circuit), but we're in charge of running water lines and installing drains. my co-worker is extremely experienced with plumbing installations so this part will be easy. For the purposes of designing this we can put a drain ANYWHERE we need within the structure, so keep that in mind :smile:

the ceilings are 8'7" to the cross beams, but the top of the A-framed roof is 10' at the peak. we're going to be putting insulation and sheetrock over the cross beams to give a steady roof, but that frees up space to run ventilation and plumbing through the ceilings, which should be a great advantage rather than running them through the walls of the rooms.

As of right now the walls are simply corrugated steel with 2x4 wood braces, but we're going to frame it up more, install fiberglass insulation (the pink shit) and then sheetrock the entire inside.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #351599 - 01/21/10 08:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Here's a little Sketch of what I'm thinking so far. Let me know if you have ANY suggestions or comments. any ideas on the best way to ventilate would also be greatly appreciated!  This is a huge project so I am very open to ANY ideas. Thanks!

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #351607 - 01/21/10 08:18 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i like it.

my suggestion would be keep it as simple as possible.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #351613 - 01/21/10 08:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

oh and I wanted to mention; for the ceiling I just mean that it's unfinished so you can still see the internal bracing. it's nothing to worry about but I felt it was worth mentioning so that you knew I'm able to run ventilation through the rafters if need be.

like this

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm living my own wet dream [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #351625 - 01/21/10 08:28 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

how would you suggest keeping it simple? I've never hooked up 11,000W of light before....

I'm thinking venting the flowering lights in sets of three going towards a central air duct leading outside. If I ran a 10" duct across the top of the wall dividing the flower and veg rooms then I could just connect all the lights

real quick, something like this;

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #351652 - 01/21/10 09:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

exactly what you just drew up is what i meant.

as far as ductwork and electrical work. keep it simple. instead of having 13 different pieces of duct running, know what i mean? you have way more experience than me so i'm sure you already had that idea though. :shrug:

i like the set up you just drew though, seems to be the most simple and most effective way to go i would think.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #351656 - 01/21/10 09:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I also need a little help heating and cooling the place. since this grow room will share 3 rooms with the outside world the insulation and air exchange probably won't be 100% sufficient for maintaining internal temperatures.

I'm thinking about heating and air conditioning the remainder of the garage and just having the air intake for the grow rooms come from there....

thanks everyone!

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #351693 - 01/21/10 10:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Your flower room is 12 x 15 with 9 lights. The total area can be used for growing. How you planning to move around in there to take care of plants? How you going to water?

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm living my own wet dream [Re: KaptKid]
    #351696 - 01/21/10 10:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm thinking about offsetting the lights a bit towards right (from our perspective in my sketches) so that there's a walkway along that wall. this would also increase the light density above 50W/m^2 and increase yields accordingly. As far as moving throughout the area, I was condsidering building an aero system kinda like this so that you can walk in between the rows.

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #351718 - 01/21/10 10:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Damn Harry, looks like you got a great plan to start with. I'd kill to have an area like that. :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Offlinerodfarva

#351719 - 01/21/10 10:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

why not make a moving light rig. Lots of work, and a pita if your not inclined to hobby like i am, but i understand you can use 25% less power.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates