Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineHarlz

Loc: cloudz
a day without eating..
    #339708 - 01/03/10 05:53 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Normally I love food, and I eat a lot but I haven't smoked weed at all today and haven't felt an appetite to eat either, like I will feel like I wanna eat some food, but im not hungry and don't feel like making anything.. it sucks balls

marijuana fucks with my appetite bad apparently.. Gay.. anyone else get this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Re: a day without eating.. [Re: Harlz]
    #339714 - 01/03/10 06:04 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

nope, only meal i end up skipping is breakfast.  Usually in the morning the thought of food makes me sick so I just skip it.  I used to get by on one big meal a day, but with me up and going to work at 6 am every day I need the energy a good lunch provides.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineHarlz

Re: a day without eating.. [Re: coda]
    #339719 - 01/03/10 06:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
nope, only meal i end up skipping is breakfast.  Usually in the morning the thought of food makes me sick so I just skip it.  I used to get by on one big meal a day, but with me up and going to work at 6 am every day I need the energy a good lunch provides.

Yea the thought of eating when I first wake up makes me sick, I kinda got that feeling now but its more of a "im hungry, but I dont wanna eat, and theres no DANK food to eat "

Offlinezippo420
Male

#339768 - 01/03/10 08:11 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I havent ate anything today. Dont feel like it I guess. It's 10:15pm and I just had a glass of water.

OfflineHarlz

Re: a day without eating.. [Re: zippo420]
    #339773 - 01/03/10 08:15 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Same time here, same feeling :thumbdown:

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
    #339777 - 01/03/10 08:23 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I feel like this most days whether I smoke or not

but its worse when I dont smoke

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Loc: traveling
Re: a day without eating.. [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #339813 - 01/03/10 09:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

NOT eating one day of every week, preferably the same day each week, is extremely healthy and very beneficial to both current and long term health.

Eat six days, drink at least 7 glasses of water the seventh day.  Give it a try :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineHarlz

Re: a day without eating.. [Re: Fox]
    #339815 - 01/03/10 09:57 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fox said:
NOT eating one day of every week, preferably the same day each week, is extremely healthy and very beneficial to both current and long term health.

Eat six days, drink at least 7 glasses of water the seventh day.  Give it a try :thumbup:

Im really curious now, Why is it healthy? I figured the deprivation might be bad for me.. I might try this if its better for the body..

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#339819 - 01/03/10 10:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

look into fasting.

When your digestive system is not processing foods it naturally stops the digestion process and goes into repair mode.  It flushes toxins from your tracts.  It also helps produce a higher degree of will, intention, and dedication... it's not easy going from eating everyday of your life to completely skipping one day each week WITHOUT cheating.

--------------------

OfflineHarlz

#339820 - 01/03/10 10:03 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I was about to make a pizza pocket, the hunger is kinda starting to set in like normal hunger, and I feel like I can eat,

I figured it was the same as fasting but on a lesser degree.. do you fast once a week?

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#339824 - 01/03/10 10:09 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I used to and had great benefits from it.  I felt "lighter" and more energetic.  I'm also vegetarian so that makes a big difference as well.  One of my new years resolutions (I have a big list :grin:) is to start this back up again.

A man came into my work today, he's an educated and very well respected fellow (told me about his studies, travels, and projects).  He also has a very successful son that is a surgeon in NY, so basically he knows what he's talking about.

He told me that if you fast for one day each week and drink at least seven glasses of water each day, you greatly reduce the chances of getting common diseases and illnesses that elders get, and a guaranteed seven or more years longer life span.  He went to some conference and talked with some 90+, some 100+ elders, each one very healthy for that age and each one has fasted for one day per week and drinks at least seven glasses of water each day.

something to ponder..

that's if you would like to lead a long, healthy and positive life... otherwise disregard this statement :crazy2:

--------------------

OfflineHarlz

#339825 - 01/03/10 10:12 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well I really don't want the extra years, I wouldn't mind only making it to about 50..  I am all about being healthy however, Should I make this pizza pocket? Or do a full day fast? Im kinda hungry now, and it seems more delicious as I think about it..

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#339832 - 01/03/10 10:25 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

you say you don't want the extra years now... you're probably young, follow your dreams and don't let anyone or anything stand in your way, succeed and you'll be thankful you have those extra years!

Eat it if you want, you don't have to start right now.  Give it some thought first, do a bit of research... don't take my word for it.  Although, it doesn't really do much good to do it every once and awhile, if you want to stay dedicated then make sure you're in the right mindset first to achieve this goal.

--------------------

OfflineHarlz

#339834 - 01/03/10 10:37 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fox said:
you say you don't want the extra years now... you're probably young, follow your dreams and don't let anyone or anything stand in your way, succeed and you'll be thankful you have those extra years!

Eat it if you want, you don't have to start right now.  Give it some thought first, do a bit of research... don't take my word for it.  Although, it doesn't really do much good to do it every once and awhile, if you want to stay dedicated then make sure you're in the right mindset first to achieve this goal.

Thank you very much for your insight I appreciate it a lot, your a good guy.. I am young, and I hope for my sake I end up wanting those years later.. Im gonna eat the pizza pocket tonight, I doubt id be able to sleep if I don't.. I think Ive gone at least 24 hrs without food anyways.. even though I don't have to start right away I did research some, and Its something I will give a lot of thought,

thank you again!:thumbup: :grin:

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#339836 - 01/03/10 10:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

No problem man!  anything to help out a friend!

It's a new year, new decade, good time to take a new look on life!  Dream big and don't be afraid to make those dreams come true!

In the meantime, enjoy your pizza pocket :peace:

--------------------

OfflineHarlz

#339842 - 01/03/10 10:52 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hahah :lol: I will enjoy my pizza pocket, and  you're right, it is a new decade, and I have big dreams, you have helped me a lot , even if it seems like nothing

I really want to have a positive, and happiness filled life, it seems like you do, and know what it takes! I want to change my outlooks on life and society and stop secluding myself from everything,

I honestly can't thank you enough, it seems like you have already given me a reason to take that step in the right direction, and I don't even know you.. or ever will, Thank you so much.. I hope from here out there are some very positive changes to my life and I can think back to your helpfulness and in turn, return the favour to someone else , as you have to me !

:blush: haha

thank you!:smile:

Invisiblecoda

#339843 - 01/03/10 10:53 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I must be hypoglycemic because if i go a day without food I end up with severe headaches, nausea, and vertigo.  It really sucks, I've actually almost passed out from not eating.  That was a fun day in NYC let me tell you, almost passing out in the middle of a cross walk in times square. whee.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Re: a day without eating.. [Re: coda]
    #339850 - 01/03/10 11:02 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

fasting is definitely not for everyone, and you bring up a very good example why.

Harlz, thanks for the kind words.  It will be hard at first taking a drastic change in your life, but it gets easier.  Just view your current situation as an obstacle which can be overcome, it just takes dedication and a loving mind and spirit.  Nature can do wonderful things for you.  Traveling as well.  I'm a traveler, it works for me but is not for everyone... find what works for you, and when you feel good about your life maybe you can help spread the love.  Remember! every action you do out of loving-kindness is returned to you tenfold.  Do something good tomorrow and see what life throws back at you. :peace:

--------------------

OfflineHarlz

#339855 - 01/03/10 11:11 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Haha , this is what I mean you have soo much wisdom that everyone should know!  Before You told me I should try and change my life I never even thought about that.. I was like stuck in a thought loop that was like, this is life, life is boring, and Im just waiting to get out.. and I never thought I could change my outlook, I just thought this was my views on life.. But I already feel so willing to forget the hate that separates me from so many people.. I let a lot of my friends just slip away, and didnt even care.. I feel regretful now, and want to just dedicate my entire self into living happily and peacefully!

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery
    #339883 - 01/04/10 01:48 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

just change your daily grind, don't eat only when you smoke it just creates a rewarding experience which your brain remembers,
think like the cells you are enslaved to and it becomes clear like a bong on a rainy day in the great cosmic darkness that is known as our universe.

OfflineTomCollins

Re: a day without eating.. [Re: b0b gnarley]
    #339884 - 01/04/10 02:21 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah Coda, I get the same thing if I don't eat. Nausea, headaches, palpitations... not fun. Especially when I'm sober. Then again, I don't eat a whole lot in general, so then maybe when I actually do not eat it's bad.

If I'm high and don't eat I'm usually ok, but yeah I don't think I would fast for a day, just because I get really fucked up if I haven't eaten or had enough to drink. Guess I'm just a weakling. :shrug:

I don't ever have much of an appetite unless I'm at work - I always work up the craziest hunger during lunchtime at work. When I'm at home though, especially on the weekends, I have zero appetite all the time (I guess cuz I don't do a whole lot at home. :tongue:) I find myself planning my meal times rather than just eating when I feel like it - in other words, rather than eating because I'm hungry, I eat to avoid the possible outcomes of not eating. :shrug:

Though, I've always blamed these problems on past abuse of stimulants - not on pot.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #339922 - 01/04/10 08:43 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fox said:
look into fasting.

When your digestive system is not processing foods it naturally stops the digestion process and goes into repair mode.  It flushes toxins from your tracts.  It also helps produce a higher degree of will, intention, and dedication... it's not easy going from eating everyday of your life to completely skipping one day each week WITHOUT cheating.

FOX I couldn't agree with you more.  + 5 for you

Even drinking water alone can greatly improve ones health. I personally drink a 1/2 gal of water a day... + or - a glass or two.  I fast once every few weeks. Just one day..only liquids. Once your stomach gets used to it...it's a breeze. You were right when you stated that fasting flushes out toxins and improves will and intention. To me it feels like the clouds are lifted and I can concentrate on anything and not lose interest. My memory improves incredibly and my body just feels "cleansed". It's hard to explain, but I am sure you understand what I mean.

Either way...cool thread man :thumbup:

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

OfflineSlave of Cthulhu
Marijuana Connoisseur
Male User Gallery

Loc: R'lyeh
    #339940 - 01/04/10 09:38 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

That shit happens to me a lot dude... Especially after comin home from work, my appetite is shot until I smoke somethin, and if I don't smoke I hella won't even eat.

--------------------

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Re: a day without eating.. [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #340140 - 01/04/10 05:58 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Farmer Joe, you bring up a good point.

Fasting greatly enhances memory and brain power.  When you are digesting (which sometimes could be a very long amount of time, for example red meats...) you are using a considerable amount of brain power, precious resources, water...  Studies have shown (sorry no links) that when fasting you have absolutely no food materials in your digestive system, and with the constant flood of water going into your system, you are using your brains full potential.  For example, after you are an experienced "faster", try going on a three day fast.  You will notice be day two, and considerably by day three, that your vision and depiction of colors and the sharpness you see will be enhanced, hearing will become sharper and more clear, thoughts will flow easier and imagination will increase, spiritual intuition and connectedness will become enhanced and easier to obtain.  Why do you think Buddhist monks would fast for seven days and do absolutely nothing but meditate?  Fasting is a very spiritual process.

I recommend everyone at least do a bit of research on this subject, there is nothing but great benefits (unless you are in the small minority that SHOULDN'T fast, which is why research is necessary and talking with your doctor first is recommended.)

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #340371 - 01/04/10 09:02 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I need to try no food Sundays.  I think I will also have days that I dont smoke weed, and then just smoke on the days I fast.  I must try this.

OfflineHarlz

Re: a day without eating.. [Re: SmOakland]
    #340372 - 01/04/10 09:03 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I was thinking the same, but the fast day would also be a tol break day, Because smoking weed would just make you want to eat non-stop :tongue2:

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #340373 - 01/04/10 09:04 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
I need to try no food Sundays.  I think I will also have days that I dont smoke weed, and then just smoke on the days I fast.  I must try this.

:wtf:

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#340375 - 01/04/10 09:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Harlz said:
I was thinking the same, but the fast day would also be a tol break day, Because smoking weed would just make you want to eat non-stop :tongue2:

It does not make me that hungry until I taste somehting in my mouth.  I would just have to resist.

OfflineHarlz

#340385 - 01/04/10 09:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I guess it would be a good exercise in discipline and self control as well.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #340489 - 01/04/10 11:19 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I might be able to go without food for a day, but going a whole day without masterbating...forget it. I think my balls might explode.

It Just Can't Happen
~ LogicaL Chaos ~

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Re: a day without eating.. [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #340544 - 01/05/10 12:13 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
I might be able to go without food for a day, but going a whole day without masterbating...forget it. I think my balls might explode.

It Just Can't Happen
~ LogicaL Chaos ~

:rofl: now THAT takes dedication haha

I should probably start masturbation fasting... thanks for reminding me.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #340546 - 01/05/10 12:15 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:rofl:

it is pretty fuckin epic when you take a few days off and rub one out.

--------------------

OfflineHarlz

Re: a day without eating.. [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #340547 - 01/05/10 12:16 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
:rofl:

it is pretty fuckin epic when you take a few days off and rub one out.

I was just gonna say!:getstoned:

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#340969 - 01/05/10 05:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Im fasting from weed.  I think until I get back to Louisiana.  Maybe i shouldn't jerk off or eat either, and then go all out when  I get there.

OfflineHerbals
Stranger

#340974 - 01/05/10 05:34 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

reading the title made me sad because im eating delicious ribs right now

OfflineHarlz

Re: a day without eating.. [Re: Herbals]
    #340976 - 01/05/10 05:35 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Herbals said:
reading the title made me sad because im eating delicious ribs right now

and typing:eek:  sounds delicious can I lick your keyboard when you're finished:rofl2:

OfflineHerbals
Stranger

#340985 - 01/05/10 05:37 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i wrote that right before i started eting and then realized how ridiculous that sounded. and i have  A LOT of napkins, so that's how I"m triyping right now. Poorly.

OfflineHerbals
Stranger

#340989 - 01/05/10 05:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

1 hand ftw too

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#341333 - 01/05/10 10:28 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I've been fasting from cannabis for about two months now! :eek:
Not by choice though.. 

hoping to change that very soon.

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#341364 - 01/05/10 10:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fox said:
I've been fasting from cannabis for about two months now! :eek:
Not by choice though.. 

hoping to change that very soon.

That sucks.  No $?  It happens.

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#341366 - 01/05/10 10:58 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

well, yes money, no vehicle...

I'm building a race engine and doing a bunch of work to my van... all my hook ups are 45 or so minutes away and they don't like driving that far. how nice of them huh!?

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #341367 - 01/05/10 11:00 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

"What can Brown do for you?"

~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Re: a day without eating.. [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #341374 - 01/05/10 11:28 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
"What can Brown do for you?"

exactly

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#341375 - 01/05/10 11:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fox said:
well, yes money, no vehicle...

I'm building a race engine and doing a bunch of work to my van... all my hook ups are 45 or so minutes away and they don't like driving that far. how nice of them huh!?

My hook up is about an hour away and I have no vehicle.  I took the train and bought 6 ounces today.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder