Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMourningBeautiful
Stranger
Female

Loc: Kentucky
How to begin.
    #335767 - 12/24/09 01:14 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Admittedly, I can not grow mold, but I have recently decided that I wanted to try to grow some smoke.

I started looking around here, kinda just checking to see what was going on and so forth.

Now I am a bit intimidated by the idea that the idea that there is so much involved in it. I want to try and grow a male plant first, just because they are so pretty, and I love the way that they smell. I want to see if I can do about three plants up like bamboo and twine them all up.

I think that would be cool. I wonder if it can be done.

I guess we shall see.

--------------------
People should never fear their government, government should fear its people.

Two things are infinite, stupidity and the universe, and I'm not really sure about the universe.

I'm a god damned miracle of modern science

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: How to begin. (moved) [Re: MourningBeautiful]
    #335808 - 12/24/09 08:26 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

This thread was moved from the user's journal.

Reason:
wrong place...

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #335811 - 12/24/09 08:58 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

If you grow males, you aren't growing smoke, you're growing ornamental plants.  Only females produce quality, smokable, bud.

Also, you can't choose a male plant.  If you grow from seed, it will be either male or female, and you won't know which until a month or so in when it starts showing preflowers.

You could, of course, twine three plants together, but if you do so, you'll have that display for about 3 months before they die because cannabis is an annual.  You could keep it alive longer, but it won't really smell 1) because females have a stronger odor, 2) if you don't want it to die you have to keep it in veg indefinitely, so it won't have any flowers.  This is silly, because basically you're risking your freedom with an illegal plant, and not getting any of the benefits of growing an illegal plant.

If you want a house plant...grow a chefflera, or some bamboo.  You won't go to jail for those.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: How to begin. (moved) [Re: 81renaissance]
    #335818 - 12/24/09 09:30 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I feel your pain i have been in front of my computer for about 48 hours now and i haven't really left these boards. I found some of the best info in the Doctors Diagnosis section so far. but these folks really have things layed out nice just go to topic you have a question in and start with the stickies.

Oh and this thread is just what you should do first i guess http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/309193

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #335820 - 12/24/09 09:36 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I forgot: Welcome to the Growery!

Stick around, and we'll try to make your first grow a successful one!

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: How to begin. (moved) [Re: 81renaissance]
    #335822 - 12/24/09 09:44 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Welcome!
Quote:

Stick around, and we'll try to make your first grow a successful one!

:thumbup:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Stranger
Female

Re: How to begin. (moved) [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #336034 - 12/24/09 09:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for all the welcomes. Sorry I posted in the wrong place.

--------------------

Two things are infinite, stupidity and the universe, and I'm not really sure about the universe.

Stranger
Female

#336036 - 12/24/09 09:34 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

In reality, I dont know if I can find any of the things listed on here, and think I may try the old fashioned way, germinate in some light soil, transplant to a 5 gallon bucket and go.

I mean, I know heat and humidity, and I get the fan and all that, but when it comes down to the chemicals...its just way over my head and honestly, I feel kind of stupid trying to figure it all out.

But thats why Im here, right?

Ive killed countless plants, and had one that grew in a closet, in a bathroom, surrounded by foil in miracle grow.

Probably the most ghetto set up ever, right?  But I got a bad ass plant that was about 5 feet tall and had some thumb to first finger sized buds on it.

I loved that guy. All 3 ounces of it.

--------------------

OfflineRootToBud
jesting
Male User Gallery

Loc: maine
    #336052 - 12/24/09 10:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

weed plants are super flex able. braiding 3 males will be easy as long as you are careful not to snap the stems. neat project. have fun

--------------------
if your money's all spent, then grow a little hemp, it will help the economy.

get up, stand up. stand up for your right.

i cant spell, dele with it

golden sunflakes settle in my city room

Stranger
Female

Re: How to begin. (moved) [Re: RootToBud]
    #336090 - 12/25/09 02:01 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I think it would be cool to just see how big I can get them and what they would look like.

I admit, I kind of got discouraged reading guy's post up there.

I mean, I'll tell any one, I am an epic noob at this. The one plant I got to bud was a fluke according to everything I have read here.

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#336124 - 12/25/09 09:53 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Morning: in talkin to folks here over the last week as i give myself a crash course i have realized one thing. its a damn weed it will grow if it has enough light water and nutes. and it will grow with really low amounts of all that. seems that most all the problems i have read over in the doctors section have been over watering or over feeding.

And as for the soil mixes there is great stuff out there but again it will grow in any decent dirt you just wont get the best possible yield.

Don't get discouraged just make sure you are taking the risk for the right reasons

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How to begin. (moved) [Re: pha3r0]
    #336135 - 12/25/09 10:24 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

In reality, I dont know if I can find any of the things listed on here, and think I may try the old fashioned way, germinate in some light soil, transplant to a 5 gallon bucket and go.

And that's where you're wrong!  While it might not be as convenient as buying stuff from a hydro shop, you can find everything you need at your local home depot, lowes, wal mart, and garden stores.  If you don't mind modifying things that is :wink:  The hardware stores are where you can find your lighting, ventilation, odor control, fans, etc.  Wal mart will help you with things like plant containers, Ph testing kits, small fans etc.  Finally, if you can't buy bottled nutrients, you can amend good soil with things found at your local garden store.  Things like bone and fish meal, good soil (steer clear of miracle gro and the like, not a good way to go), perlite, vermiculite, P + K soil additives.  By doing some research and learning how to mix in the amendments, you can build a soil that only needs water to grow and still produces some nice buds.

So, don't think that because you don't have access to a hydro store, or can't shop online, that you're forced use less then optimal equipment.  If you do some research on this site, and ask some questions, you can find lots of information on DIY projects and modifying common household items for your grow.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: How to begin. (moved) [Re: coda]
    #336137 - 12/25/09 10:30 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

And that's where you're wrong!  While it might not be as convenient as buying stuff from a hydro shop, you can find everything you need at your local home depot, lowes, wal mart, and garden stores.  If you don't mind modifying things that is :wink:  The hardware stores are where you can find your lighting, ventilation, odor control, fans, etc.  Wal mart will help you with things like plant containers, Ph testing kits, small fans etc.  Finally, if you can't buy bottled nutrients, you can amend good soil with things found at your local garden store.  Things like bone and fish meal, good soil (steer clear of miracle gro and the like, not a good way to go), perlite, vermiculite, P + K soil additives.  By doing some research and learning how to mix in the amendments, you can build a soil that only needs water to grow and still produces some nice buds.

So, don't think that because you don't have access to a hydro store, or can't shop online, that you're forced use less then optimal equipment.  If you do some research on this site, and ask some questions, you can find lots of information on DIY projects and modifying common household items for your grow.

wow you said that sooo much better then me, you must have already cleared your head this morning.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies