Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: strains (moved) [Re: captain.koons]
    #68971 - 06/30/08 06:20 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Moderator Edit: Completely unnecessary comment to the main topic. We're not here to comment on the personal nature of others.

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

b*tch*s shouldn't call me a retard..

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

Edited by Sirius (07/01/08 01:34 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: strains (moved) [Re: Iamasmoker]
    #69007 - 06/30/08 06:38 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

so if I flower longer than recommended my plants will resinate more?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #69012 - 06/30/08 06:49 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

seriously?

for cereal.

Quote:

see man, i could grow SOME GOOD WEED, and if it wasn't THE BEST, and not COMPLETE crap, i'd be happy

good weed is a subjective statement.  I know plenty of people who consider some mids to be good weed.  So you'd be happy spending 2-4 months of time to end up with some midgrade quality herb?

Quote:

personally, i'd grow anything and just let it resinate longer,

you really need to stop with this resinating nonsense.  It doesn't mean anything.  There are things you can do to increase resin production, but, there is no such thing as "letting your plants resinate longer".

Quote:

i couldn't care so much about getting 22% thc, 16 or 17% thc is a lot for me, so it wouldn't matter

16-17% thc is STRONG.  I think around 10-12% is most common with commercial sinsemilla.

Quote:

22% thc buds will build your tolerance up in a minute

so will smoking 16-17%.  Tolerance builds just as quickly as it dissipates.  Having trouble getting high off the same amount?  Switch strains or quit smoking for a few days.  Your tolerance will recede.  Don't want to build up a tolerance?  Don't smoke as much.  During the school year ill smoke one or two bowls a day.  Never noticed any tolerance build up, other then strain tolerance, with that level of smoking.

Quote:

i could never see paying $400 dollars for 10 seeds a good deal.. i mean, if you're careful, they won't die

if my 400 dollars netted me between 1200-3000$ worth of herb, i'd consider that a quality investment.  If you net 1200 dollars worth of weed that's a 200% return.  I'm pretty sure any financial adviser would tell you to invest in something that gives you back 200% of what you put in.

Quote:

but you know, anything can die, i mean, that's $400 for a gamble

for a newbie cultivator, sure, it's a gamble.  But i have a 99% success rate with germinating seeds.  Provided i have no equipment failures or other disasters, i'm overly confident that i can grow expensive seeds without a loss.  IMO the biggest gamble you'd face is having impotent seeds.  If they don't sprout, you won't get a plant.  If most of your seed pack doesn't germinate a quick email to the vendor/breeder will usually fix that.  Most companies tend to take care of the folks willing to shell out 400 bucks for seeds.

Quote:

i couldn't care less about this $400 for an optimal grow and all this

you should.  You get out what you put in, unhappy plants leave you with unhappy results.  Sure you don't have to give your plants the optimum environment, but in the end you're the one who's going to suffer the consequences of it.  Why anyone who is serious about this hobby wouldn't do the best they could to give their plants the best place to grow is beyond me.  You reap what you sow, and if you sow shit, you'll get shit in return.  In the end you don't have to spend thousands of dollars to give your plants the best place to grow.  You just need the basics, enough light for your space, enough air for them to breathe, proper temps for them to live in, and the right amount of water and food.  Lighting can be bought cheap, ventilation can be cheap with some DIY techniques, circulation can be found for cheap, and watering and feeding just takes time and patience.  Money spent doesn't matter, its how you spend the money that does.

Quote:

if cannabis was legal, everyone would be trying to make an optimal grow, and it'd be easier, you could pick up a book from home depot, or your freind could show you, and seeds would be under a dollar a seed probably

I don't understand why legality has anything to do with optimal conditions.  AFAIK anyone who really cares about their plants and their results is trying to produce buds under optimal conditions.  You can books online, download them, or visit retailers like B+N to order them.  Information is not illegal.  Seeds can also be found for a dollar a piece if you know where to look and catch a good deal.

Quote:

but still i've heard the chances of your genetics improving are 1/4, so the chances can't be that slim that you could keep your genetics improved without having a masters in botany

link?  Because i call bullshit.  You don't need a masters in botany to improve genetics.  You think all the cultivators in holland spent years studying to become a botanist just to grow pot?  You can be a breeder with a degree, hands on experience means more then time spent in a classroom.  For these guys their whole life is growing, breeding, and probably smoking cannabis.  I think if you told them their chances of improving their genetics is only 25%, they'd just laugh in your face.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: strains (moved) [Re: coda]
    #69028 - 06/30/08 07:07 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

they'd laugh in your face and smoke a blunt infront of you.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory
    #69030 - 06/30/08 07:07 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

does one room have to be light sealed completely? what about the full moon? that doesn't send a plant into flowering does it?

Light doesn't produces the flowering response in cannabis, darkness triggers the build up of flowering hormones.  So, no!  The moon or any other light will not cause flowering.

A grow room needs to be as light proof as possible which is very easy to achieve with a roll of duct tape.  Turn the lights on at night and look at all the edges and joints outside of the room for light leaks, fix with duct tape where needed.

A little bit of light leak wont harm the plants but seeing as it's so easy to prevent you may as well light proof the room.

You seem to lack even basic understanding of cannabis.  I suggest less posting and more reading.  Gain some basic knowledge before you start asking complex questions.  The advice you get here is useless until you have some basic knowledge to apply the advice to.

--------------------
Coaster Said:  "wut do u post bout flumbooyon"

Edited by Hanky (06/30/08 08:28 PM)

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#69056 - 06/30/08 07:24 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:

yes dude, i'm suprised you didn't know that, considering you told me what's up. you know, for a know it all, you sure are missing some basic information... better go back to the pool, read up. learn a little before you come on here and mess with the big dogs

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#69057 - 06/30/08 07:30 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
they'd laugh in your face and smoke a blunt infront of you.

or piss in your face then laugh in your face then give you your moms number

by piss i meant catpiss and as for your mom that's so your whole family can enjoy good weed.....

see, there's no flaming....

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#69059 - 06/30/08 07:33 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

so what do you call a plant that resinates longer? i thought it was resinating, the longer the bud sits there, the longer it resinates, does it not?

i don't think anyone needs a masters in botany, but i haven't done super successful with any herb plant i've tried to grow so far

and i haven't had any problems growing any other plants such as ficus, bouegenvilla, woodrose, tomato, money tree, or basil

i almost feel like taking pictures of these plants and posting them to show people what i mean, they look great! but i can't get weed right. although the one plant i grew had some good bud as i've already stated

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

#69077 - 06/30/08 08:30 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I personally doubt that you've ever grown a plant to maturity.  Resinating, LOL.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #69091 - 06/30/08 09:10 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:
Quote:

captain.koons said:

yes dude, i'm suprised you didn't know that, considering you told me what's up. you know, for a know it all, you sure are missing some basic information... better go back to the pool, read up. learn a little before you come on here and mess with the big dogs

are you one of the big dogs? because if your telling me I'm wrong you would be implying your a big dog that sounds kind of faggy too.

my understanding is if you "resinate(flower)" longer than the recommended time the trichomes basically become "over ripe" and will have a unpleasant high basically a lazy couch lock high followed by a bad burn out. I've never heard of flowering longer than the breeder recommends to achieve more trichomes but I have heard of lowering the nighttime temperature to ahchieve this during flowering. (It's suppose to simulate fall weather I suppose?)

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #69134 - 06/30/08 10:12 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

so what do you call a plant that resinates longer? i thought it was resinating, the longer the bud sits there, the longer it resinates, does it not?

There is no such thing as "resinating".  While it is a real word, it's meaning holds no application in cannabis cultivation.  Your plant begins producing trichromes normally around the 3rd to the 4th week, it will continue to produce trichromes up until it has around 2 weeks left (if it hasn't stopped before that time).  Any time spent after that is letting the plant mature, or, letting the trichromes develop to the stage you wish them to be at.  However, like with all fruit, you can let your plants over ripen at which point the active chemicals begin to degrade.

UVB light is purported to increase trichrome production.  Genetics also play a large factor in the resin production of your plant.  "White" strains will tend to produce massive quantities of trichromes (hence their name).  Thing is, trichrome production has a purpose (as does every process occurring in the plant).  So, if you want to increase resin production, you should do some reading on why the plant produces trichromes.  Maybe that will give you a better understanding of things.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #69142 - 06/30/08 10:19 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

However, like with all fruit, you can let your plants over ripen at which point the active chemicals begin to degrade.

^^^^^^^^^^^

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

#69148 - 06/30/08 10:38 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
you should do some reading on why the plant produces trichromes. 

:wink:

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Re: strains (moved) [Re: Hanky]
    #69226 - 07/01/08 01:59 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Hanky said:
I personally doubt that you've ever grown a plant to maturity.  Resinating, LOL.

LMAO

so, i guess everyone you've ever known that tried doing something went online and looked at every professional term first

just as i'm sure that everyone who smoked their first joint surely knew it was called cannabis sativa or indica or ruderalis when they were 14 or whatever

.......... you'd know hanky, and think about it, while your going to sleep. if it makes you feel better, think whatever you want. sorry i used the term RESINATE, even though that's what it's doing, i guess i don't know any better

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #69227 - 07/01/08 02:04 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I actually knew basic pharmacology and variation of weed before smoking any. I also germinated my first seeds before smoking any.

Flowering or trichome production aren't "professional terms" either they're proper terms... prehaps even scientific terms.

You've used two different terms for flowering "budding and resinating" you've also used the term "growing" amonst others I'm sure for vegging. The plant doesn't stop growing when you put it into flowering so that term isn't only inproper it's moronic.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#69229 - 07/01/08 02:07 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

anyway, whatever

i forget what the original thing i even asked was

i think i was trying to figure out why this is the only plant i've had problems with

so if you can grow anything and not mess it up, but mess this up. does that mean you have bad seeds? or does this plant grow way differently?

from what i've heard it doesn't, but still it seems sensitive in ways other plants aren't

btw, captain koons, i already explained what i meant by normal, unless it was in the post that was edited

you should read what i'm saying, which is what everyone points out i don't do

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #69233 - 07/01/08 02:15 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know what your question was. The post that was editing I believe you were talking about selling my mother for weed or something like that.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #69234 - 07/01/08 02:15 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sorry i used the term RESINATE, even though that's what it's doing,

I swear, im going to track you down and beat you over the head with a dictionary.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS RESINATE IN THE CANNABIS WORLD.

res·in·ate v. ˈrɛzəˌneɪt; n. ˈrɛzənɪt, -ˌneɪt/ [v. rez-uh-neyt; n. rez-uh-nit, -neyt]
1. to treat with resin, as by impregnation.

2. Chemistry. any of the salts of the acids found in rosin.

This process you refer to as "resinating" is the NATURAL PROCESS cannabis goes through in the flowering cycle.  You don't sit and let your plants "resinate", you flower them.  Letting your plants produce trichromes and letting them mature until they show you the high you want isn't anything special.  By letting your plants hit their natural maturation date you're simply completing the process.  If you provided your plant all that it needs, gave it a happy life, and harvested at the right time your smoke will be good and potent.  This is not some special process, this is simply the process every grower goes through to reach harvest date.

So please, for the love of god, quit using the word "resinate" on these forums.  You're just going to confuse the shit out of people.

Hanky - that's one reason, and the main philosophy behind the UVB light craze.  Defense against pests is another and simply growing bug buds is one more way to produce more trichromes.  More surface area = more trichs needed to cover it :wink:

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#69248 - 07/01/08 02:24 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

no, i got that

what I was asking...

why am I messing these up when i've had no previous trouble with plant save moving my basil out of the direct sun so it doesn't get too much light and die

am i getting bad seeds? growing this wrong? you don't know?

also

did you grow on your own and figure it out? or did someone help you?

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #69251 - 07/01/08 02:30 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

what kind of availibility do uvb lights have?

I know theres 40w 48" ones for reptiles and shit... are those what people use?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds