Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMari
Yellow veins throughout, stronger smell - strain or disease?
    #250695 - 07/17/09 11:32 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

One out my 4 plants has exhibited yellow veins from the start. It also smells stronger then the other 3 plants. First I thought it could be a viral infection, but it did not spread to other plants. Is it an infection or characteristic of a strain?

Thank you for your replies!

EDIT: forgot to mention that the seeds were from the seed bank, Peak 19

Well, actually it's not veins but area in between. Here is scanned closeup of a leaf:

Edited by Mari (07/17/09 11:53 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMari
Re: Yellow veins throughout, stronger smell - strain or disease? [Re: Mari]
    #251118 - 07/18/09 03:53 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Okay, I see no reply, guess I have to fill in the form, even though it is only one plant that shows this characteristics and he (yeah, it's a boy) was showing it from the start.

1. grown from seeds "Peak 19"

2. plants are 3.5 months old

3. height: 85 cm above ground

4. planted in a 10 gal bucket (w holes)

5. soil mix:
    peat moss..........20
    perlite............10
    lime................1
    gypsum..............1
    top soil...........10

6,7. water is from the deep well, pH 6.5 Plants are outside, so I water them as needed.

8. food: Flora-Micro + liquid plant food 7-7-7

9. no spraying

10-13. natural outside light, on a balcony

14. soil pH - not sure

15. There are some insects, they don't seem to bother MJ

16. first grow in many years. Before just grew some plants out of seeds found in pot and did not fret with them much.

Edited by Mari (07/18/09 03:59 PM)

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Yellow veins throughout, stronger smell - strain or disease? [Re: Mari]
    #251129 - 07/18/09 04:23 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not sure what your looking for?

Males are simply a waste of space when it come to pakalolo!
Unless your going to take pollen from him or want to impregnate your girls, you better get rid of him.
It don't matter how strong it smells, or what it looks like, it still will not produce buds! Its only good for pollen and maybe if your gonna make hash or oil from the plant material.

I know its you first born babies, but you will learn that males are nothing but a pain in your arse!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Yellow veins throughout, stronger smell - strain or disease? [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #251391 - 07/19/09 02:04 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
I'm not sure what your looking for?

Males are simply a waste of space when it come to pakalolo!
Unless your going to take pollen from him or want to impregnate your girls, you better get rid of him.
It don't matter how strong it smells, or what it looks like, it still will not produce buds! Its only good for pollen and maybe if your gonna make hash or oil from the plant material.

I know its you first born babies, but you will learn that males are nothing but a pain in your arse!

yeah why are you keeping the males alive?(if you didnt already know, they dont grow smokeable buds).....cut em down and make some brownies if their not for a purpose, that way you get the most out of em.....and scanning the leaf was a genius idea +5

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Yellow veins throughout, stronger smell - strain or disease? [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #251625 - 07/19/09 10:43 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

However, that might be a fuckin' awesome pollen chuck!  If you can collect some pollen (I'll link a tek here shortly) and save it you could probably have a killer breeding program started! In fact I'd like to talk to you about some of that pollen if you keep it. 
A stinky male like that with funky traits might be just the ticket for the next "elite" strain.

edit: Here's the link (Start with post #71)

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Edited by 81renaissance (07/19/09 10:47 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder