Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepebble

strains
    #59674 - 06/17/08 08:58 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i've been looking at seeds online and it completely overwhelmed me...  theres thousands of seeds to choose from.  i was wondering if anyone had some good advice on a strain for indoor.  what plants have high yield, and are extremely potent/ great tasting, and any other wonderful qualities

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: strains [Re: pebble]
    #59770 - 06/18/08 12:57 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I dont have any experience with specific strains but sometimes I go on those seed websites and find a few that sound awesome

Right now im looking at http://www.highgrade-seeds.com/seedlist.html

and a couple that stick out are Purple Cindy and Electric Haze

then again I would smoke any of the strains listed on that site.... or any site

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: strains (moved) [Re: pebble]
    #59809 - 06/18/08 02:22 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

This thread was moved from Soil Cultivation.

Reason:
This belongs in the main forum as it doesn't have anything to do with soil.

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: strains (moved) [Re: Sirius]
    #59826 - 06/18/08 03:00 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

MAN

please look up k.c. brains

they don't ship to the u.s. but a lot of seed companies will ship their seeds to the u.s. like dopeseeds.com i think

the prices are like $15

anyway, if you grow something, please make a grow log, so we can all see what that stuff looks like!!

p.s. leda uno DID win the cannabis cup at some place on year

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

b*tch*s shouldn't call me a retard..

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: strains (moved) [Re: Iamasmoker]
    #59983 - 06/18/08 12:20 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

what plants have high yield, and are extremely potent/ great tasting, and any other wonderful qualities

These questions are hard to answer as yield and potency are almost directly related to the experience and knowledge of the cultivator.  However some guidelines might help you make a choice.

Pure indica strains tend to be heavy yielders, northern lights and big bud varieties tend to be a popular choice for newbies as they're pretty resilient and produce generous yields with decent potency.

Hybrid strains can go either way with yields.  Hybrids and crosses may be a little more aromatic then others due to the mixing of the genetic traits.  If you're having trouble deciding on a pure strain sometimes a cross helps your decision because you can get the best of both worlds (like NL#5xHaze).

Pure sativas tend to be poor producers indoors.  They also require a decent amount of room to stretch and a more patience due to extended flowering cycles.  For people who like more cerebral, "heady", highs this is the way to go.  However for a first grow i would recommend against a pure sativa as they tend to be a bit pickier then the other two options.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlineoxalic32
Male
Re: strains (moved) [Re: coda]
    #60503 - 06/18/08 09:12 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

What strains are stealth? Either low growing or less distinctively looking.

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Re: strains (moved) [Re: oxalic32]
    #60758 - 06/19/08 01:00 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

shit, I thought it was just me. sativas are picky as fuck, and they're so thin and lanky at first. almost like they have a deficiency or some shit

yeah, i'd go with a hybrid/pure indica. that's why i recommended k.c. brains. they have a lot of brazilian genetics mixed with their high potency strains. seems like a good choice to fast growing resilient type shit.

if your growing outside and live in the north, then why the fuck not get something more indica hardy as i believe indica genetics are more cold weather conditioned. i know for sure sativa genetics are generally warm weathered.

am i wrong?

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #60913 - 06/19/08 02:21 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

If you're going with KC Brains, you'll need to buy twice the amount of seeds you normally would. They are sold cheap, and you can get some amazing plants from them, but the germination rates are typically sub-par.

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#61006 - 06/19/08 03:44 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

ahhh... hence the cheap prices

none the less, they have some bad ass strains

and they are cheap, so you could end up buying like 50 seeds and although maybe half will germinate you still have 25 plants wheras you buy 20 seeds for that same price from another site and then you'll have 17 seeds that germinate so you end up getting a better deal with k.c. brains

+ being that they're so cheap you can grow all different strains, and that's my favorite of all, a variety

i could smoke a blunt every 5 minutes if it was a different type of weed

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory
    #61031 - 06/19/08 07:37 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Cheap seeds might sound like a good idea but as with anything, you only get what you pay for.

--------------------
Coaster Said:  "wut do u post bout flumbooyon"

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: strains (moved) [Re: Hanky]
    #62146 - 06/20/08 04:22 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

To some extent, but there are certainly overpriced strains out there, as well as great strains that could easily be a lot more expensive. The quality of Mandala Seeds, for example, is well-documented and they have great, low prices. Greenhouse Seeds has been cutting their prices, and they have great genetics as well, and those prices are simply a reflection of their business plan, not the quality of their genetics.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #62301 - 06/20/08 11:45 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

it's just like with any type of marketing.  You create a brand image and once that image becomes well known you can charge more for your product.  Case in point, soma seeds.  His genetics are good, but goddamn, his prices border on outrageous.

--------------------

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

#68889 - 06/30/08 09:46 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Considering the end result, even paying 200 euros for ten seeds isn't expensive when outlay is compared to product yield.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #68890 - 06/30/08 09:52 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

it's still a risk reward situation.  Granted genetics that cost upwards of 400$ a ten pack should be pretty damn stable, there still are the chances of getting bunk seeds or females that aren't worth a damn.

Also, while they may look enticing, i would definitely recommend buying cheaper genetics to work with.  I watched a friend of mine destroy close to 400 dollars worth of genetics just trying to get them damn things to sprout.

With that being said, i'd drop the cash on some nice genetics if it was a strain i've been pining for.  I still have 5 beans of somas NYCD left, can't wait to get them going again.

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#68897 - 06/30/08 10:08 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

yeah

i'm sure anyone can screw up seeds

i've screwed up some seeds

some grow more easily than others

some can be overwatered very easily

you never know

with that in mind no matter how good the strain is can't you find a bad ass strain of the same quality for a more affordable price?

i mean, what are we going for here... what is a strain that's really good 15-18% right? what is a strain that's astronomical? 19-22%? i mean, do you really NEED some stuff that's going to get you an award? i can smoke whatever, i'm not a trainwreck pot snob, i'll smoke juicy fruit, california orange bud and whatever.

plus, here's something, what if you don't want an outlay of something worth a total grow of pounds and pounds and pounds

i want to start a closet and make sure to keep the maximum grow under 8 ounces? why? because i'm not selling it, so why would i want a seriously arrestable amount of weed in my house that i'm not going to be able to smoke with all my freinds(although considering that i know i could see the weed disappear in a moment)

plus if you consider the difference between 15 dollars for some 16% thc stuff, and 400 dollars for some 21% thc stuff, are we really getting that much better of a deal?

i don't know........

jack herrer, hindu kush, master kush, white widow, power plant

all these are sold off of nirvana seeds, and they have some damn good pictures in the photos section, are their genetics really so bad?

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #68903 - 06/30/08 10:22 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

with that in mind no matter how good the strain is can't you find a bad ass strain of the same quality for a more affordable price?

probably not.  The reason you see cheap genetics is because they're cheap!  Either F2's or above, they produce many pheno's, mutations, and poor plants.  With that said, you still can produce great plants with cheap seeds, it's not impossible.

The more expensive strains tend to be more stable.  These are genetics that have been around for ages, have had plants selected from thousands for genetic qualities, produce very few pheno's, and tend to produce more stable plants in general.

Quote:

some can be overwatered very easily

seeds really can't be over watered, seedlings can.

Quote:

i mean, what are we going for here... what is a strain that's really good 15-18% right? what is a strain that's astronomical? 19-22%? i mean, do you really NEED some stuff that's going to get you an award? i can smoke whatever, i'm not a trainwreck pot snob, i'll smoke juicy fruit, california orange bud and whatever.

first off, THC %'s should be taken with a grain of salt.  It's more marketing hype then anything.  Also, why wouldn't you want to strive for anything less then award winning bud?  You really want to grow some half assed shit and be happy with it?  If im investing 3 months of sweat and money i want to get the best possible product i can get.  I can see saying this if you're just starting out and want to learn the basics, but in the end if you're going to put the effort into it you should try to grow the best herb you can.

Quote:

plus, here's something, what if you don't want an outlay of something worth a total grow of pounds and pounds and pounds

To get pounds and pounds and pounds you're going to need a lot of plants for an indoor op.  Most personal growers net between 1-2 oz's per plant on average.  Some get more, some get less, but in general an oz per plant or so is pretty normal.  Don't want pounds?  Grow less plants, it's as easy as that.

Quote:

i want to start a closet and make sure to keep the maximum grow under 8 ounces? why? because i'm not selling it, so why would i want a seriously arrestable amount of weed in my house that i'm not going to be able to smoke with all my freinds(although considering that i know i could see the weed disappear in a moment)

That's up to you.  Most medical growers go through a lot of smoke, 8 oz's of smoke might only last them two months.  In a non perpetual harvest it takes at least two months just to flower more plants, then another week or so to dry them.  In this case the more you can yield the better (while still staying within the guidelines).  Obviously people growing for profit only want as much as possible to make more money.  People growing for personal use might want a larger harvest then normal to keep the number of grows per year down.  In the end though, while they do play a small part, yields are mostly determined by the experience and desire of the grower, not genetics.

Quote:

plus if you consider the difference between 15 dollars for some 16% thc stuff, and 400 dollars for some 21% thc stuff, are we really getting that much better of a deal?

yes.

Quote:

all these are sold off of nirvana seeds, and they have some damn good pictures in the photos section, are their genetics really so bad?

not bad, just not as stable and reliable as others.

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#68908 - 06/30/08 10:35 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

seriously?

see man, i could grow SOME GOOD WEED, and if it wasn't THE BEST, and not COMPLETE crap, i'd be happy

personally, i'd grow anything and just let it resinate longer, and it'd still probably be better and cheaper for me if i got a descent enough yield

i couldn't care so much about getting 22% thc, 16 or 17% thc is a lot for me, so it wouldn't matter

do you know when i used to get the most high? when i was smoking really good buds

when i started smoking buds like trainwreck and such when i had a different hookup i wasn't getting as high before

you know why? because i had a tolerance

22% thc buds will build your tolerance up in a minute

i'm fine with some kickin ass 16% or 17% buds, if i can grow quite a lot of it, and spend virtually nothing compared to buying it

i could never see paying $400 dollars for 10 seeds a good deal.. i mean, if you're careful, they won't die

but you know, anything can die, i mean, that's $400 for a gamble

personally, i'm not a cannabis extremist, i like to smoke, and relax, and share weed with people who appreciate it

i couldn't care less about this $400 for an optimal grow and all this

if cannabis was legal, everyone would be trying to make an optimal grow, and it'd be easier, you could pick up a book from home depot, or your freind could show you, and seeds would be under a dollar a seed probably

although i understand, cannabis genetics are subject to change i've heard more than any plant in the world, so i guess keeping good genetics is vital. but still i've heard the chances of your genetics improving are 1/4, so the chances can't be that slim that you could keep your genetics improved without having a masters in botany

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #68913 - 06/30/08 10:54 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:
personally, i'd grow anything and just let it resinate longer, and it'd still probably be better and cheaper for me if i got a descent enough yield

can you teach us how to resinate our weed longer than normal?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

#68920 - 06/30/08 11:10 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

i couldn't care so much about getting 22% thc, 16 or 17% thc is a lot for me, so it wouldn't matter

You don't seem to realize that psychoactive effects have more to do with differeing levels of a whole range of cannabinols rather than just THC percentage.

Quote:

I don't consider it a gamble, with common sense and some experience planting ten viable seeds will result in ten plants 99% of the time.

Quote:

but still i've heard the chances of your genetics improving are 1/4

I'm really not sure what you are trying to say here?  please explain.

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#68969 - 06/30/08 06:19 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i don't know what you consider normal

but i've noticed from the few plants that resinate that i've seen, that it seems that you could get any plant at least 'alright' if you let it flower long enough

a lot of times i've bought weed that i know could be better, even when it's good, i guess that's what i meant by normal

yeah, i believe it's more than just thc percentage, after all, regs has like 5% thc but that doesn't mean that a plant with 15% thc is only going to get you 3 times higher than the same amount you'd smoke with regs
but usually it seems the stronger the better thcs

the 1/4 chance i was saying, my freind was explaining to me the chances of getting increased genetics with breeding

he said it has something to do with an f1 f2 and something 1 and something 2 i don't remember

he says if you don't specify which strains you breed and let them all breed together than you'll only have a 1/4 chance of the genetics improving instead of specifically selecting your f1 f2 and so forth

i don't know if i remember that correctly, because i didn't get a good solid explanation

from the seeds i've seen, it seems hard to pick out an exact way of seeing the chance of improving your genetics or at least keeping the same good genetics

when you have 40 seeds sprout, some will be way taller, some will be taller, some will all be the same, some will be smaller, and some will be way smaller

i guess if you knew what the strain you currently got seeds from looked like when it sprouted, i guess you could tell which ones were keepers to breed and not

but honestly until they get bigger, i think it'd be hard to tell

honestly, the rebreeding of cannabis seems like such a pain in the ass to me, keeping a mother seems simple, if you can just keep 2 closets or rooms and whatnot only 1 has to be light sealed perfectly i suppose

here's another question

does one room have to be light sealed completely? what about the full moon? that doesn't send a plant into flowering does it?

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Re: strains (moved) [Re: captain.koons]
    #68971 - 06/30/08 06:20 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Moderator Edit: Completely unnecessary comment to the main topic. We're not here to comment on the personal nature of others.

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Edited by Sirius (07/01/08 01:34 AM)

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #69007 - 06/30/08 06:38 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

so if I flower longer than recommended my plants will resinate more?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #69012 - 06/30/08 06:49 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

seriously?

for cereal.

Quote:

see man, i could grow SOME GOOD WEED, and if it wasn't THE BEST, and not COMPLETE crap, i'd be happy

good weed is a subjective statement.  I know plenty of people who consider some mids to be good weed.  So you'd be happy spending 2-4 months of time to end up with some midgrade quality herb?

Quote:

personally, i'd grow anything and just let it resinate longer,

you really need to stop with this resinating nonsense.  It doesn't mean anything.  There are things you can do to increase resin production, but, there is no such thing as "letting your plants resinate longer".

Quote:

16-17% thc is STRONG.  I think around 10-12% is most common with commercial sinsemilla.

Quote:

22% thc buds will build your tolerance up in a minute

so will smoking 16-17%.  Tolerance builds just as quickly as it dissipates.  Having trouble getting high off the same amount?  Switch strains or quit smoking for a few days.  Your tolerance will recede.  Don't want to build up a tolerance?  Don't smoke as much.  During the school year ill smoke one or two bowls a day.  Never noticed any tolerance build up, other then strain tolerance, with that level of smoking.

Quote:

i could never see paying $400 dollars for 10 seeds a good deal.. i mean, if you're careful, they won't die

if my 400 dollars netted me between 1200-3000$ worth of herb, i'd consider that a quality investment.  If you net 1200 dollars worth of weed that's a 200% return.  I'm pretty sure any financial adviser would tell you to invest in something that gives you back 200% of what you put in.

Quote:

for a newbie cultivator, sure, it's a gamble.  But i have a 99% success rate with germinating seeds.  Provided i have no equipment failures or other disasters, i'm overly confident that i can grow expensive seeds without a loss.  IMO the biggest gamble you'd face is having impotent seeds.  If they don't sprout, you won't get a plant.  If most of your seed pack doesn't germinate a quick email to the vendor/breeder will usually fix that.  Most companies tend to take care of the folks willing to shell out 400 bucks for seeds.

Quote:

i couldn't care less about this $400 for an optimal grow and all this

you should.  You get out what you put in, unhappy plants leave you with unhappy results.  Sure you don't have to give your plants the optimum environment, but in the end you're the one who's going to suffer the consequences of it.  Why anyone who is serious about this hobby wouldn't do the best they could to give their plants the best place to grow is beyond me.  You reap what you sow, and if you sow shit, you'll get shit in return.  In the end you don't have to spend thousands of dollars to give your plants the best place to grow.  You just need the basics, enough light for your space, enough air for them to breathe, proper temps for them to live in, and the right amount of water and food.  Lighting can be bought cheap, ventilation can be cheap with some DIY techniques, circulation can be found for cheap, and watering and feeding just takes time and patience.  Money spent doesn't matter, its how you spend the money that does.

Quote:

if cannabis was legal, everyone would be trying to make an optimal grow, and it'd be easier, you could pick up a book from home depot, or your freind could show you, and seeds would be under a dollar a seed probably

I don't understand why legality has anything to do with optimal conditions.  AFAIK anyone who really cares about their plants and their results is trying to produce buds under optimal conditions.  You can books online, download them, or visit retailers like B+N to order them.  Information is not illegal.  Seeds can also be found for a dollar a piece if you know where to look and catch a good deal.

Quote:

but still i've heard the chances of your genetics improving are 1/4, so the chances can't be that slim that you could keep your genetics improved without having a masters in botany

link?  Because i call bullshit.  You don't need a masters in botany to improve genetics.  You think all the cultivators in holland spent years studying to become a botanist just to grow pot?  You can be a breeder with a degree, hands on experience means more then time spent in a classroom.  For these guys their whole life is growing, breeding, and probably smoking cannabis.  I think if you told them their chances of improving their genetics is only 25%, they'd just laugh in your face.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #69028 - 06/30/08 07:07 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

they'd laugh in your face and smoke a blunt infront of you.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

#69030 - 06/30/08 07:07 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

does one room have to be light sealed completely? what about the full moon? that doesn't send a plant into flowering does it?

Light doesn't produces the flowering response in cannabis, darkness triggers the build up of flowering hormones.  So, no!  The moon or any other light will not cause flowering.

A grow room needs to be as light proof as possible which is very easy to achieve with a roll of duct tape.  Turn the lights on at night and look at all the edges and joints outside of the room for light leaks, fix with duct tape where needed.

A little bit of light leak wont harm the plants but seeing as it's so easy to prevent you may as well light proof the room.

You seem to lack even basic understanding of cannabis.  I suggest less posting and more reading.  Gain some basic knowledge before you start asking complex questions.  The advice you get here is useless until you have some basic knowledge to apply the advice to.

--------------------

Edited by Hanky (06/30/08 08:28 PM)

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#69056 - 06/30/08 07:24 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:

yes dude, i'm suprised you didn't know that, considering you told me what's up. you know, for a know it all, you sure are missing some basic information... better go back to the pool, read up. learn a little before you come on here and mess with the big dogs

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#69057 - 06/30/08 07:30 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
they'd laugh in your face and smoke a blunt infront of you.

or piss in your face then laugh in your face then give you your moms number

by piss i meant catpiss and as for your mom that's so your whole family can enjoy good weed.....

see, there's no flaming....

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#69059 - 06/30/08 07:33 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

so what do you call a plant that resinates longer? i thought it was resinating, the longer the bud sits there, the longer it resinates, does it not?

i don't think anyone needs a masters in botany, but i haven't done super successful with any herb plant i've tried to grow so far

and i haven't had any problems growing any other plants such as ficus, bouegenvilla, woodrose, tomato, money tree, or basil

i almost feel like taking pictures of these plants and posting them to show people what i mean, they look great! but i can't get weed right. although the one plant i grew had some good bud as i've already stated

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

#69077 - 06/30/08 08:30 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I personally doubt that you've ever grown a plant to maturity.  Resinating, LOL.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #69091 - 06/30/08 09:10 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:
Quote:

captain.koons said:

yes dude, i'm suprised you didn't know that, considering you told me what's up. you know, for a know it all, you sure are missing some basic information... better go back to the pool, read up. learn a little before you come on here and mess with the big dogs

are you one of the big dogs? because if your telling me I'm wrong you would be implying your a big dog that sounds kind of faggy too.

my understanding is if you "resinate(flower)" longer than the recommended time the trichomes basically become "over ripe" and will have a unpleasant high basically a lazy couch lock high followed by a bad burn out. I've never heard of flowering longer than the breeder recommends to achieve more trichomes but I have heard of lowering the nighttime temperature to ahchieve this during flowering. (It's suppose to simulate fall weather I suppose?)

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #69134 - 06/30/08 10:12 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

so what do you call a plant that resinates longer? i thought it was resinating, the longer the bud sits there, the longer it resinates, does it not?

There is no such thing as "resinating".  While it is a real word, it's meaning holds no application in cannabis cultivation.  Your plant begins producing trichromes normally around the 3rd to the 4th week, it will continue to produce trichromes up until it has around 2 weeks left (if it hasn't stopped before that time).  Any time spent after that is letting the plant mature, or, letting the trichromes develop to the stage you wish them to be at.  However, like with all fruit, you can let your plants over ripen at which point the active chemicals begin to degrade.

UVB light is purported to increase trichrome production.  Genetics also play a large factor in the resin production of your plant.  "White" strains will tend to produce massive quantities of trichromes (hence their name).  Thing is, trichrome production has a purpose (as does every process occurring in the plant).  So, if you want to increase resin production, you should do some reading on why the plant produces trichromes.  Maybe that will give you a better understanding of things.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #69142 - 06/30/08 10:19 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

However, like with all fruit, you can let your plants over ripen at which point the active chemicals begin to degrade.

^^^^^^^^^^^

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

#69148 - 06/30/08 10:38 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
you should do some reading on why the plant produces trichromes. 

:wink:

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#69226 - 07/01/08 01:59 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Hanky said:
I personally doubt that you've ever grown a plant to maturity.  Resinating, LOL.

LMAO

so, i guess everyone you've ever known that tried doing something went online and looked at every professional term first

just as i'm sure that everyone who smoked their first joint surely knew it was called cannabis sativa or indica or ruderalis when they were 14 or whatever

.......... you'd know hanky, and think about it, while your going to sleep. if it makes you feel better, think whatever you want. sorry i used the term RESINATE, even though that's what it's doing, i guess i don't know any better

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #69227 - 07/01/08 02:04 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I actually knew basic pharmacology and variation of weed before smoking any. I also germinated my first seeds before smoking any.

Flowering or trichome production aren't "professional terms" either they're proper terms... prehaps even scientific terms.

You've used two different terms for flowering "budding and resinating" you've also used the term "growing" amonst others I'm sure for vegging. The plant doesn't stop growing when you put it into flowering so that term isn't only inproper it's moronic.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#69229 - 07/01/08 02:07 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

anyway, whatever

i forget what the original thing i even asked was

i think i was trying to figure out why this is the only plant i've had problems with

so if you can grow anything and not mess it up, but mess this up. does that mean you have bad seeds? or does this plant grow way differently?

from what i've heard it doesn't, but still it seems sensitive in ways other plants aren't

btw, captain koons, i already explained what i meant by normal, unless it was in the post that was edited

you should read what i'm saying, which is what everyone points out i don't do

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #69233 - 07/01/08 02:15 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know what your question was. The post that was editing I believe you were talking about selling my mother for weed or something like that.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #69234 - 07/01/08 02:15 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sorry i used the term RESINATE, even though that's what it's doing,

I swear, im going to track you down and beat you over the head with a dictionary.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS RESINATE IN THE CANNABIS WORLD.

res·in·ate v. ˈrɛzəˌneɪt; n. ˈrɛzənɪt, -ˌneɪt/ [v. rez-uh-neyt; n. rez-uh-nit, -neyt]
1. to treat with resin, as by impregnation.

2. Chemistry. any of the salts of the acids found in rosin.

This process you refer to as "resinating" is the NATURAL PROCESS cannabis goes through in the flowering cycle.  You don't sit and let your plants "resinate", you flower them.  Letting your plants produce trichromes and letting them mature until they show you the high you want isn't anything special.  By letting your plants hit their natural maturation date you're simply completing the process.  If you provided your plant all that it needs, gave it a happy life, and harvested at the right time your smoke will be good and potent.  This is not some special process, this is simply the process every grower goes through to reach harvest date.

So please, for the love of god, quit using the word "resinate" on these forums.  You're just going to confuse the shit out of people.

Hanky - that's one reason, and the main philosophy behind the UVB light craze.  Defense against pests is another and simply growing bug buds is one more way to produce more trichromes.  More surface area = more trichs needed to cover it :wink:

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#69248 - 07/01/08 02:24 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

no, i got that

what I was asking...

why am I messing these up when i've had no previous trouble with plant save moving my basil out of the direct sun so it doesn't get too much light and die

am i getting bad seeds? growing this wrong? you don't know?

also

did you grow on your own and figure it out? or did someone help you?

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #69251 - 07/01/08 02:30 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

what kind of availibility do uvb lights have?

I know theres 40w 48" ones for reptiles and shit... are those what people use?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#69254 - 07/01/08 02:34 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

what?

are you serious?

i haven't tried growing inside yet, i think it'll get me better success

also, when i do, i'm thinking of always starting new ones halfway before my other ones are finished so i'll have a constant supply....

but total this is all really dumb, i wouldn't do this forever, i don't want to get cought with a 'personal supply'

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #69255 - 07/01/08 02:34 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i've been researching cannabis cultivation for 13 years. 

However, book smarts never hold a candle to hands on experience.  For the most part i grew on my own.  I used forums and some old books i had to help me through some problems during my first few grows.  I knew a grower who helped me out with genetics, but other then that i never really received much hands on help.

Quote:

why am I messing these up when i've had no previous trouble with plant save moving my basil out of the direct sun so it doesn't get too much light and die

am i getting bad seeds? growing this wrong? you don't know?

:shrug:  You never really post specifics.  It's hard to diagnose and solve problems when you don't know what's wrong.  Everything you've posted has been pretty vague so far, the fact that you have no pictures doesn't help you either.  To be quite honest with you i don't even know what your problem is besides "slow growth".

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#69260 - 07/01/08 02:38 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

that's it

the ones that did well got snatched, the others died it seems from too much water or they grew too slow

i've been able to pretty much grow everything i've grown at a pretty good rate

coming out and seeing the plants double and such

i thought i'd have no problems with this, since it grows like a weed or something

i'd put pictures if i had a camera, nothing currently growing

i'm hoping in january i can get a place and start a closet grow, maybe it'll go a lot nicer with a controlled environment although being in florida the outdoor environment goes to waste on anything that doesn't get the florida sun and rain:shrug:

if it were up to me i'd build a greenhouse with controlled shutters to control the light, but hey, it aint legal here:shrug:

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #69261 - 07/01/08 02:38 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:

you officially haven't grown... which doesn't suprise anyone I'm sure.

so you claim to have harvested after 5 weaks of flowering achieving a great resinated plant.

do you control the sun? or do you run outside and cover your plants with a tarp? because you won't have a controlled flowering cycle outside at all.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#69262 - 07/01/08 02:39 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

btw, the name of the post is strains

what's your favorite strain coda? my freind is going to get me 2 strains from the clinic in california when i visit him and i'm wondering what's the best if i hadn't tried it, i was thinking diesel or something

my all time favorite is maple leaf indica but i don't know if they'll have it there

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#69264 - 07/01/08 02:43 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
Quote:

Iamasmoker said:

you officially haven't grown... which doesn't suprise anyone I'm sure.

so you claim to have harvested after 5 weaks of flowering achieving a great resinated plant.

do you control the sun? or do you run outside and cover your plants with a tarp? because you won't have a controlled flowering cycle outside at all.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

yeah bro, whatever helps you sleep better at night with your dad.:congrats:

you know all this stuff i guess

dude, there's something called the fall, and the sun sets earlier and rises later

anyway, whatever. what do you do? how do you know? wtf is official?
do you go days at a time thinking about this stuff? i'll never tell you what you have or haven't done cuz i'll never know

but growing a plant, and growing a life, aren't the same thing dude:shrug:

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #69265 - 07/01/08 02:45 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

you obviously don't have a life all you seem to do is bullshit in every single post on here.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#69267 - 07/01/08 02:49 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
you obviously don't have a life all you seem to do is bullshit in every single post on here.

:congrats: dude

you just repeated what i've been telling you all night

i guess i heard 'what's up'

don't you gotta go check your lighting? since your major and all that dude?

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #69269 - 07/01/08 02:52 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

major? I don't even talk about personal cultivation :smile:

look at my main posts. nothing about cultivation

something about strains, something about sourcing equipment and something about apartment growing when I don't live in an apartment... sounds theoretical to me.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #69273 - 07/01/08 03:35 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:
yeah bro, whatever helps you sleep better at night with your dad.:congrats:

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:
but growing a plant, and growing a life, aren't the same thing dude:shrug:

Quote:

captain.koons said:

All right guys, comments like these are not acceptable in this forum. The forum is for cultivation, yet we're getting more of this soap opera stuff recently. Tolerance for it is going to begin dissipating if it doesn't start disappearing. Comments about the users posting here, beyond discussing what they have said, are not welcome. If someone is engaging in it, its not a good idea to respond back in kind because its simply perpetuating it further and making it more difficult for us to stop it from happening.

Warnings and bans will just have to start happening if it continues, because it can't continue. :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #69274 - 07/01/08 03:39 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I was discussing on topic until he started accusing me of illegally selling drugs, giving blowjobs, sleeping with my dad and selling my mother for weed even now my defense if that's what you would like to call it was passive aggresive at best.

I wasn't trying to be insulting saying he bullshits in every post he makes because he really does. Like come on man you don't need to hide it.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #69276 - 07/01/08 03:43 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

what's your favorite strain coda?

it's a toss up between trainwreck and jack herer.

Quote:

the ones that did well got snatched, the others died it seems from too much water or they grew too slow

did you start your seeds in the ground or did you start them inside and move them to the outdoors?  Over watering is never good but planting outdoors gives you a huge buffer for this.  Maybe the soil you're trying to grow in outdoors just isn't suited for growing herb.  A quick solution to this is to mix up your own soil and fill a hole with it.

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #69278 - 07/01/08 03:48 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I'm aware of what he's been up to regarding that, edited one of the posts in fact, but I'm simply saying leave it be when its happening so its easier for us to take care of it. Don't get yourself caught in the crossfire is all I'm saying. :wink: Discussions that go this way are a detriment to the cultivation discussion and its harder to get things back on track when a user is crossing that line when others, justified or not, are slinging things back at them. We can take care of it, in fact, the best thing to do is just hit the little notify moderator icon to give us a head's up. :grin:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules