Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Jadian]
    #20798 - 05/06/08 12:50 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I'll gladly accept guests who bring gifts :wink:  Roomies on the other hand are something im getting away from lol.  It's nice to just have a place for me and my girl finally :laugh:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: coda]
    #21812 - 05/07/08 01:56 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, so i downloaded the manual for my digi cam and did a little research on how to get some better shots.  Managed to find some AA's, but as usual they had little juice in them.  I managed to take a few shots of the smaller plat.  Out of the 10 or so i took i managed to pull out a few that looked pretty good and give a better idea of the resin production of the plant.  Once my re-chargeable batteries finish up and my guests leave i'll have some more time to take better pics of the other plants.

I watered with 4 tbsp big bloom, 2 tsp S+HB, 3 tsp top max, 2 tsp cal mag (tall ladies only) in one gallon of water and fed the girls.  Mixed up another gallon of the same stuff minus the cal mag for the little one and in case the big girls need extra.  It's still pretty cool so water uptake is a little slow, i only used a little over a gallon to feed all 5.  Buds seem to be coming along nicely still, leaves are still a bit light green on the top but i hear that cooler temps in the dark period may be the cause of that.  Still, i fed with the cal mag to give an extra boost of N.  That will be the last time i add the cal mag unless it's absolutely necessary.  Next watering will be minus the S+HB and i may give a plain watering after that just in case, but we'll see.  Took out some small spots of mildew with some neem oil solution on my fingertips.

Other then that just chugging along, today (tues) was the 24th day of flowering, this sat marks almost a month in flower and hopefully the 1/2 way point of the grow :laugh:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #23908 - 05/09/08 03:04 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Slight problem. 

Well, what i had originally though of as a N def. turns out to not be a N def.  Looks like im having a Mg problem.  Plants get a flush this wkd plus a foliar spray of some epsom salts (or some micro nutes if i can afford them).  I don't think it's a Mg def. because i have dosed my plants with a full strength feeding of Cal Mag.  It's most likely a lockout due to a PH problem, this would explain why it's not sucking up the cal mag, damn Mg is locked out.

Newbie growers, pay attention, discoloration on new growth is a sign of an immobile nute def.  Next thing to look at is the type of discoloration.  What you're seeing here is inter-veinal chlorois.  Notice how the "veins" of the leaves are still a nice dark green while the actual leaf itself is turning a pale yellow.  Mg, Fe, and Zn all cause similar discoloration (N does not leave the veins green), but lucky for us all are cations which are readily absorbed into the plant through foliar feeding.  Thus, if you're unsure of exactly what's lacking, a flush of your medium and a misting of a foliar solution containing these trace micro-nutes should bring em back up to speed.

So, that's what's on schedule for this weekend.  All four tall girls are suffering from the same problem (small girl is poking along just fine, but, im gonna flush her a bit too just in case) so i'll be putting around 3 gallons of water through their pots (im still unsure as to the exact volume of these pots, but they're no bigger then 2 gallons no smaller then 1 1/2 gallons) and most likely feeding them with a foliar spray of epsom salts.  Looks like i have to go out and buy another PH kit because mine went AWOL.  Ph of my water at the old apt was 7.1 or so, don't know what the PH is over here (although common sense dictates they should be the same).  Regardless i need something to test the run off and see how bad off they really are.  I have an old soil PH meter, but, i trust those things like a trust a three dollar bill.  So, even if i do decide to use it, i'll take whatever reading it gives me with a boulder of salt until i can compare it to a chemical test.

Lastly i staked three of the 4 tall girls last night.  Main stem was leaning too much and the stakes opened up more space for the lower branches.  Now the bottom buds are getting a lot more light.  Also, JUST for shits and giggles, i clipped off a very small branch that was not going to give me much and threw the small bud into my dehydrator.  Few hours later popped the bud into a bowl, smoked it one hit, and coughed my ass off.  I did catch a small buzz from it though, too early to really tell anything though but it was better then just tossing the bud :wink:

--------------------

OfflineDunno
Village Idiot

#24361 - 05/09/08 11:24 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:

Ok, so i downloaded the manual for my digi cam and did a little research on how to get some better shots.  Managed to find some AA's, but as usual they had little juice in them.  I managed to take a few shots of the smaller plat.  Out of the 10 or so i took i managed to pull out a few that looked pretty good and give a better idea of the resin production of the plant.  Once my re-chargeable batteries finish up and my guests leave i'll have some more time to take better pics of the other plants.

I watered with 4 tbsp big bloom, 2 tsp S+HB, 3 tsp top max, 2 tsp cal mag (tall ladies only) in one gallon of water and fed the girls.  Mixed up another gallon of the same stuff minus the cal mag for the little one and in case the big girls need extra.  It's still pretty cool so water uptake is a little slow, i only used a little over a gallon to feed all 5.  Buds seem to be coming along nicely still, leaves are still a bit light green on the top but i hear that cooler temps in the dark period may be the cause of that.  Still, i fed with the cal mag to give an extra boost of N.  That will be the last time i add the cal mag unless it's absolutely necessary.  Next watering will be minus the S+HB and i may give a plain watering after that just in case, but we'll see.  Took out some small spots of mildew with some neem oil solution on my fingertips.

Other then that just chugging along, today (tues) was the 24th day of flowering, this sat marks almost a month in flower and hopefully the 1/2 way point of the grow :laugh:

fucking tasty man

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing
Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect, nor do I strive to be
I am alive in this world of face-first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard for the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race or color
A hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers and letting them fall apart
To a new rhythm, just to feel better

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Dunno]
    #25732 - 05/11/08 02:38 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Flushed the plants each with two gallons through them of distilled water. Fed the small girl with nutes because she didn't look like she was suffering from the same problem but something tells me ill be needing to flush her next week.

I'll post pics tomorrow when im not so lazy and have time to sift through the 50-100 i took.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #27159 - 05/12/08 01:08 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

ok, so here's a couple of shots i found that i think are post worthy for the time being. I'll do a small pictorial of how i flushed my girls

First you need the right supplies

then you gather up your girls. You can see the nute problem in the upper leaves, notice how yellow they are compared to the older growth.

I took a 32 gallon rubbermaid, flipped on old one gal pot on its top side, then placed the girls pot on top of the on gal so that the water can drain into the rubbermaid. Then i flushed the girls with two gallons of distilled water a piece, you want to flush your plants so that the water runs clear at the end (also remember that you take the size of the pot and double it to figure out how much water to flush with). Two gallons seemed to do the trick with these girls, i think they could have taken another gallon, the water ran pretty much clear at the end of the second gallon.

the remains of the flush. Any excess salts, nutes, or buildup in those pots is now in that rubbermaid. I then slid the tub down the hall and drained it in my tub. Easy as pie, was a pain in the ass using all those individual gallons of water, but it did the trick. It doesn't seem like it but flushing four plants is a decent amount of work and time. I couldn't imagine having to do that to 20 or 30 plants.

So that's how i flush, here are some more random shots i took. All the macros are buds from lower branches. One of these days ill get a system worked out where i can take some nice pics of the top bud sites.

--------------------

Offlinearaucaria
Male

Loc: Oregon
    #27210 - 05/12/08 01:38 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

looking real good:cool::thumbup:

--------------------
Kids are always honest
Cause they don't think their ever gonna die

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #27252 - 05/12/08 02:20 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Kudos on the Ralph light-switch. :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Sirius]
    #27255 - 05/12/08 02:25 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

came with the house!

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #27266 - 05/12/08 03:11 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory
    #30536 - 05/15/08 07:54 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
Coaster Said:  "wut do u post bout flumbooyon"

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Hanky]
    #31016 - 05/15/08 06:43 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys!  Finally went out and bought another PH kit last night.  Checked my tap water and it was 7.5, checked out my full strength nute solution and it only came out to 7.0.  Soil's run off was between 7.0-7.2 (hard to tell, only had a couple bucks for some cheapie strips).  So while the soil is at an ok level, the alkalinity is preventing the plant from absorbing some micro nutes (mainly Zn and Fe).  So, im in the market for a bottle of micro forumla.  I also have some PH down, once i get those leaves looking nice and green again i'll start using the PH down in my solution to make it a tad more acidic.

Mildew came back a very tiny bit last night, couldn't take care of it, but the fan i put in seems to be keeping the infection at bay.  Transplanted the tiny girl into a 2 gal pot last night.  She wasn't completely rootbound but on her way. Roots were coiled up nice and tight on the bottom of the pot.  They looked a little brown but i was unsure if it was because of the dirt staining them, or, if it was the beginning of root rot.  Don't think it's that much of a problem because the plant looks happy otherwise.

I'll get some pics up on saturday when they hit day 35.  Thanks for the compliments guys :smile:

--------------------

OfflineKybish

#31284 - 05/15/08 11:12 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I'm still just a student, but that looks like zinc deficiency to me.

What do you plan on fertilizing with after the flush?

PS those look GREAT, keep up the good growin' :laugh:

--------------------
Damn do I love my herbs

Edited by Kybish (05/15/08 11:13 PM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: Kybish]
    #31340 - 05/16/08 12:18 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

There are three things that it could be, all of which are micro nutes, all of which cause the same symptoms.  Either Fe, Mg, or Zn is not being properly absorbed by the plant.  My plan for the next fert is to get some micro nutes, foliar feed, then mix up it up with the rest of my nutes for a watering.  Plants seem to be loving life minus this small problem, first time with sweet + heavy bloom and i like it so far :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #34438 - 05/19/08 09:50 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Day 37 12/12

Been a week so i thought i'd do a quick update.  Let me first start by saying fuck you powdery mildew!  It keeps coming back for more no matter how much neem i throw at it.  The fan i put in seems to be helping, but i just spent an hr tonight cutting leaves and painting more oil on.  It was such a shame to cut off some of those sweat leaves because they were just frosty, this strain looks like it would pump out a fair amount of bubble hash from just the trim.  I hate to waste it, but id rather lose out on some hash then lose some budsites to the mold.  I also split up a quart of neem solution amongst the 5 plants and soaked the top layer of soil hoping to kill off any spores that may be hiding on the soil.  Any dying leaves also went, anything that came off with a small tug was trashed.

I also trimmed off some lower buds because of the mildew, they weren't getting much light and it was too big a pain to deal with coating them or cutting off the tiny leaves.  So, off they went and now sit on the top of my monitor.  Probably about a bowls worth, i hate cutting off buds but again id rather lose some small ones then a nice cola to mold.

Also went out and purchased a bottle of chelated iron which also contained Zn and Mg.  Stuff was super acidic and really concentrated.  The mixture was 2 tsp/gal and i was only supposed to feed my plants one CUP of the solution when it was diluted.  It dropped my water from 7.5 to 6.0-6.3 without the addition of anything else.  Along with the iron solution i fed my plants plain water to let them just uptake the micros (hopefully) so i'm praying in a few days the top growth will green up again and start looking happy.  The size of the buds are pretty small, i'm disappointed in that, but i don't know if it's because of the stain or because of the one problem i've been having.  If anything i just hope they pack on weight in these last weeks and become a bit more dense.  If i can pull 2 oz dry off this i'll be happy enough.  That's enough smoke to get me through two months (with hopefully only another month until i can harvest again).  Good news is that i was able to successfully root 4/5 cuttings from the mother (we had been having a lot of problems getting them to root) so this will be around for a while.  It definitely won't be the last time you see this in my closet.  Plus with my two other friends growing the same thing i'll be able to sit along for the ride and help them.  So hopefully the little bit of wisdom i've picked up about this strain will help us see the full potential of the plant.  Hopefully with another harvest or two i can have it dialed in, IMO this would make a great headstash strain, so i can always have a jar of it.

Anyways, enough blathering, i know you all just came here to see pics.  Sorry for the crappy macros, i just can't get this damn camera to take a good macro shot.  All of the macros are from the popcorn i snipped off.  If you think they look good, you should see the tips :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinearaucaria
Male

Loc: Oregon
    #34684 - 05/20/08 01:47 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

that sucks, i hope you can finish them w/o problems. are you even going to try the popcorn you pruned?

--------------------
Kids are always honest
Cause they don't think their ever gonna die

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: araucaria]
    #34831 - 05/20/08 12:28 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

yah, i'll just stash it away until i run out. It's probably only a bong hit or two worth of smoke though.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #35478 - 05/20/08 11:03 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

ugh, found some hermie flowers on two budsites. Combed the rest of the plants for more but didn't spot any today. I'm drying the two branches the normal way, they've been manicured and are now hanging in my closet. Hopefully i can bring out whatever taste they may have. The popcorn buds got smoked today lol. Figured to just find out how strong they were when i wasn't stoned and i was pleasantly surprised. I was super baked for about an hr, then had a nice solid high for one more, then it just faded after that. Not bad for being 20 days immature. I checked some of the trichs out with scope today and it was a mix of cloudy and clear with a touch more clear. I saw the random amber head here and there as well. It tasted like ass, but, you can't expect much from something that dried in a day hehe.

Plants aren't looking too good IMO. I'm not holding out any hope for a decent harvest, as far as im concerned 2 oz's is a pipe dream right now. I don't know where i fucked up, but man, these buds just aren't getting bigger or fattening up. Truly disappointing.

--------------------

Offlinemaryiwanna
Male User Gallery

#35509 - 05/20/08 11:18 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

you got any pics of that hermie site..just wondering what they look like

--------------------
watch me turn these blunts into roaches

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cherry Slyder Mini-Grow [Re: maryiwanna]
    #35519 - 05/20/08 11:28 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

nope, no pics sorry. They're bright yellow and look like little banana's.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds