Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEvan
Medical Marvel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Coco Growers Thread. [Re: fondacox]
    #23506 - 05/09/08 09:24 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I just dropped my vegged girls into coco. They love it! :cool: I decided to just use the nutrients that I have the most of which is GH Flora Nova, so far no problems and they've been going for a couple days.

I'm setting up a drip system using 1/4 inch tubing to make rings with 4 drippers on each ring connected to a supply line from a pump in the reseviour. Not sure how many times a day I will make it drip but so far it seems to be holding water really well, more than I expected and read about actually.
Will update...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Coco Growers Thread. [Re: Hanky]
    #27478 - 05/12/08 01:36 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hanky said:
I like to use 1/4 strength nutes on clones, 1/2 strength for veging than full strength fo flower all as per bottle directions.  I also give them a watering of straight PH corrected water once every two weeks to reduce any build up of salts.

Another question came up to ask you. :hehehe:

How much of your nutrients do you typically go through in one grow? How many plants do you typically grow, how tall do they get, and how long are they in veg and in flower?

I'm trying to gauge expected cost of nutrients for my friend for when he grows. He'll be doing coco as well. I guess it doesn't matter because he'll be growing either way, but he's also considering where to get nutrients from and some different ones available, so knowing that will help him decide beforehand. :smile:

Edited by Sirius (05/12/08 03:17 PM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Coco Growers Thread. [Re: Sirius]
    #27517 - 05/12/08 03:02 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

He'll be doing coco as well. How many plants, how tall do they typically get, how long are they in veg and in flower?

That's really dependent on you. How many plants does he WANT to have, how big is his grow space? Veg time from seed and clones are different too (in a way). You don't have to wait for your plants to show sex or become mature before flowering from seed, but it's recommended. If you sex plants from seed expect 4-6 weeks in veg. If you're growing from clones you only technically need to veg them until roots develop.

Plants triple in size (give or take) when placed from veg into flowering. I vegged 4 clones to about 10-12" and now they're close to 3 ft. I vegged one clone to about 4-6 inches and it's a little over a foot long right now. So, if he wants big plants a longer veg time is needed, if he wants small plants the veg time is very minimal (when working with clones that is).

Flowering is strain dependent. Expect anywhere from 50-80 days flowering. Indicas have shorter times (50-60 days) hybrids a bit longer (55-75 days) and pure sativas are the longest (10-12 weeks). Of course these times are ESTIMATES, you should harvest your plant when they tell you they're ready. The best method to do this is to check the trichrom development and harvest when the trichs show you the high you wish to acheive.

clear trichs = clear, heady high

clear and cloudy trichs = semi clear high, more pronounced body effect, slight couch lock

cloudy trichs = more sedating high, more in the body, slight head high, more couchlock then previous description

cloudy and amber trichs = almost the same as above except it's more sedating with a heavier couchlock feeling

amber trichs = total couch lock, almost no head high, very strong body high.

As for nutes, well, again it's dependent on how many and how big they are. Since you're growing in a soilless mix you should be feeding them nutes with every watering. The more plants you have, or, the bigger their pots are, the more water and nutes you will need. When growing hydro you should always buy a big amount of nutes, it's always better to have more then not enough. I'd buy at least quart sized bottles if i were you, but again, if you're planning on going big you may need to order even larger then that.

Depending on the strength of the nutrient solutions the amount you use per gallon varies. For instance (even though this is soil measurements) i use 4 tbsp of big bloom but only 2 tsp of my other flowering nutes. So, with each feeding, i use more big bloom then sweet + heavy bloom, in that case i would need to have more big bloom on hand since i use it faster. In fact my brand new bottle is now almost 1/2 gone and im only a little over 1/2 way in this grow.

So, take that all into account when figuring out what you need to buy and how much. It's really simple to remember that the more water you need to use the more nutes you're going to need. I don't use hanky's coco line because i don't grow coco, he would be able to give you an even better idea of how much is used and how much he buys for his flowering cycles.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Coco Growers Thread. [Re: coda]
    #27521 - 05/12/08 03:14 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

That's really good information, presented in a very informative way. :thumbup:

I already knew all of it though. I was wondering where in the hell you were coming from with it, but I read my question you quoted and then had the dawning comprehension. :lol:

I was asking Hanky how many plants he typically grows, how long he vegs and flowers, and how tall they get so I could better understand his nutrient usage when he responded. :smirk:

:sorry: for the confusion, it was my bad for not clarifying I was inquiring into his specific situation for frame of reference.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #27536 - 05/12/08 03:31 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

my fault heheh.  Since im not hanky i can't answer those questions!  But if i were to venture a guess id say his plants were about 3-5 ft in height and with that height i would assume at least a 3 gallon pot if not bigger.

Take that with a huge grain of salt until the right person can give you the right answers heeheh :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #27539 - 05/12/08 03:35 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I'd ask you more about your situation but since its soil it wouldn't provide too much insight into what to expect... unless there is some sort of mathematical formula for the difference... :smirk:
Multiply by 2.4, perhaps? :strokebeard:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #27553 - 05/12/08 03:52 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

well, as a rule of thumb, hydro grows use more nutes because there's no where else fro the plants to get them from.

For instance S+HB requires 4 tsp (full strength) for a hydro setup. For soil the recommended dosage is 2 tsp, 1/2 of what is required for hydro.

As im sure you know there are nutrient lines out there specifically designed for hydro. These ferts may require less per feeding then something that can be used for soil/hydro. Also solid fertilizers are generally very strong and require less when compared to a liquid fert. Hanky uses nutes specifically designed for coco growing, this line he uses may require more or less then other lines.

Bottom line is it all really depends on the nutrient line you choose, but generally hydro requires more nutes per feeding then soil does.

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #27667 - 05/12/08 04:56 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
For instance S+HB requires 4 tsp (full strength) for a hydro setup.  For soil the recommended dosage is 2 tsp, 1/2 of what is required for hydro.

Multiplying by 2.4 was a good guess. :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory
    #30503 - 05/15/08 04:19 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Coda was 100%, times vary nute use varies, flower times and veg times vary. No two of my grows have been the same for a variety of reasons including changing strains, my laziness, time of year, colder lights off temps in winter, hotter lights on temps in summer.

Nothing is constant, my grows aren't some kind of automated production lines. I dont keep track of my veg times, I just veg till I feel like switching, I dont keep track of flower time, I harvest when the trichs are how I want them.

There are no exact figures, except as Coda said, buy quart bottles at the very least.

--------------------
Coaster Said:  "wut do u post bout flumbooyon"

Edited by Hanky (05/15/08 07:28 AM)

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #30515 - 05/15/08 06:03 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I wasn't expecting exact figures and I realize that it varies as everything else varies, I was just curious if you had a general amount you would expect to go through during the course of one grow. If your grows vary to an extent that you wouldn't have an in the ballpark estimate, then that's fine. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

#30529 - 05/15/08 07:32 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think I've ever used more than a quart each of a and b in a single flowering.

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #30533 - 05/15/08 07:42 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks! Checked into the price of that and it seems very reasonable. How much do you use during vegetative growth?

--------------------

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

#30568 - 05/15/08 08:32 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry, that's what I meant, from when I put them in the room and veg them for a bit through to harvest is what I meant by a flowering.

I can tell you that each plant gets 2 to 3 liters of nute solution every two to three days growing in 15 liter buckets.  At rates of 2 to 3 ml per liter I get around 350 ~ 400 liters of nutes per liter pack of A/B nutes.

Thinking about all that made my brain hurt. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #30574 - 05/15/08 08:47 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I was guessing that is what you meant but I thought to ask to be on the safe-side. :wink:

That set of coco nutes looks interesting, my friend might have to check into finding a good way of getting them. :super:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #30766 - 05/15/08 03:27 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

can tell you that each plant gets 2 to 3 liters of nute solution every two to three days growing in 15 liter buckets.

You have any filtering setups on your water or do you just use good 'ol tap water?

--------------------

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

#30831 - 05/15/08 04:45 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Just plain old tap water which around here is fairly alkaline.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #31010 - 05/15/08 06:36 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

same here, mines around 7.5, been causing me some problems this grow. My soil's runoff is around 7.0-7.2 right now so i have to go out and buy some micro nutes.

--------------------

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

#31026 - 05/15/08 06:51 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Do you PH correct your water or just use it as it is?

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #31304 - 05/15/08 11:48 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

as is (laziness!).  Definitely why im seeing these problems, i should at least the damn jugs sit for a night to evap the chlorine.  This has just been a super lazy grow from the start.  Hell i didn't even get my nutes until like the 2nd week of flower :wink:

I do have some PH down which i will take advantage of in the future.

--------------------

InvisibleAuroraBorealis

Re: Coco Growers Thread. *DELETED* [Re: coda]
    #31395 - 05/16/08 03:13 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by AuroraBorealis

Reason for deletion: Deleting all of this users posts.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag