Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemister

Question on grow cabinets
    #253960 - 07/24/09 02:28 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I am on the market to purchase a hydro cabinet but after looking at all the coices out there, what would you all suggest as to being the best of the different brands.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Question on grow cabinets [Re: mister]
    #253965 - 07/24/09 02:42 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I say try building your own, it can save a ton of money.

--------------------

Offlineazshroomer
Medical Marijuana Cultivator

Loc: Nor-Cal
Re: Question on grow cabinets [Re: Cannaboid]
    #254099 - 07/24/09 06:27 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Damn, cannaboid beat me.

Too true, DIY!

--------------------
Check out my Grow The Growery teks!
:gethigh: Building Your Grow Room:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own Aeroponic Cloner:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own Aeroponic Veg System:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own True Grow Room:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own Aeroponic Flower System (COMING SOON):gethigh:

Offlinemister

Re: Question on grow cabinets [Re: azshroomer]
    #303290 - 10/24/09 10:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Does anyone have any teks on how to build a cab?

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
    #303311 - 10/24/09 10:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

There are lots of ideas and teks on this site.  A little research and you will find some.

For some good Aeroponics, see this link and check out the PDF plans.

Might give you a good start.

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/195142

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

Loc: MO/TX/FL/HI
Re: Question on grow cabinets [Re: Azyle00]
    #303487 - 10/25/09 03:35 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

mister, are you mister from shroomery?

if so, brotha, wassup

pm me, and we'll get you a grow cab set up

--------------------

-and for all your ETHNO SEEDS needs come see us @ www.freeseedring.nl

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Question on grow cabinets [Re: just me]
    #303494 - 10/25/09 05:14 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Mister, if you have a particular cabinet/closet in mind, and you show me pictures and dimensions I could whip up a nice design and give you a parts list. On top of that, I'm sure many of the members here would throw in their own advice and suggestions, and you'd end up with a nice solid tek for your hydro closet.

There are so many awesome teks on this site though, I doubt you'd need my designs.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Edited by TomCollins (10/25/09 05:50 AM)

Offlinemister

Re: Question on grow cabinets [Re: just me]
    #303516 - 10/25/09 10:21 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

just me said:
mister, are you mister from shroomery?

if so, brotha, wassup

pm me, and we'll get you a grow cab set up

You that would be me. I have always been contained to growing outdoors and want year round trees. Just ordered some Querkle seeds from TGA Subcool and want to do the up the best I can.

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

Loc: MO/TX/FL/HI
    #304731 - 10/27/09 02:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:pm:

im out the door for a hike :grin:

--------------------

-and for all your ETHNO SEEDS needs come see us @ www.freeseedring.nl

OfflineslimDUTCHES
Current Grow: 2 Bageed babes
Male User Gallery

Loc: North West Hemisphere
    #305293 - 10/28/09 04:09 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeah dude build your own for sure.  you can customize it and make it way more efficient than any store bought budbox.  Its also most likely cheaper depending on size and is a really fun hobby man. 

Here is my box if your lookin for some ideas.  Mine is plywood, cardboard, white paint, nails, screws, duct tape and caulk.  Haha pretty crude i know....but the inside is pretty nice and is more than sufficient to meet my requirements.  When its off I have a brown drape that falls down to conceal the whole closet and block out light.  Make sure that your box has no light leaks.  Also take security/safety into factor first that should be #1, every situation is different.

Heres the whole box 4'x 2'x 2'....take care of all light leaks...i did a poor job but it was alot worse.  Also, thats a passive intake emmiting all that light in the bottom front of the cab.  Good ventilation is something not to be overlooked.

Here is the top.  I use it for storage and as a workbench.  Also i keep my Dayton exhaust fan outside the box for heat reasons.  My 400 watter is aircooled with a measly 78 cfm computer fan and vented out the top where the fan sits and sucks air through dryer ducting.

Here are some shots of the inside.  You can see the insert flange from the Dayton blower protruding through the ceiling and sucking out air.

Air circulation/ventilation, reflective walls, maintaining correct temps/humidity, lots of light and a propper medium and nutes are all the major categories you need to think about when setting up your nugbox (security goes without saying).  Be creative and have fun with it.  A propperly self engineered box can produce results far beyond the grasps of a magazine mail order "souped up mini-frige" with some crappy cfls tosed in.  And the worst part is they will charge you like 600...for cfls!!!! im lookin in a high times mag right now and they have have a single 400 or maybe 600w hps cab 3' x 2' x 6'  for $1895!!!!!!!  I have plans for a nice cozy little set up with a flowering chamber (400w hps) and a veg room (250 mh) and 4 of these 6 inch inline fans at the local hydro shop.  All that with building supplies carbon filters soil nutes EVERYTHING it totaled $1,000.

do it yourself...(sorry i rambled)

My future grow plan.

--------------------

Offlinemister

Re: Question on grow cabinets [Re: slimDUTCHES]
    #306440 - 10/29/09 08:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I am thhinking of using one of those white phototrons to hold my mother plant. Any thoughts on how to optimize it?

OfflineslimDUTCHES
Current Grow: 2 Bageed babes
Male User Gallery

Loc: North West Hemisphere
    #306702 - 10/30/09 12:29 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I would def get the biggest one. I dont know how big they get but from looking at the ad I would get the phototron 9.  If you are starting from seed in that thing, you need to dangle another florescent a few inches above the seedlings.  If not those lights on the side look pretty weak.  Also you need some kind of ventilation/circulation in that thing - computer fans are small and would fit for circulation (i would use more than one). Im not sure what the ventilation situation is like in there but the plant needs fresh air.

This ad says $599.95 for the phototron 9. fucking ridiculous dude. dont waste ur money on those things.  I dunno what ur situation is, but you can create a stealthier more efficient grow doing it yourself for alot cheaper than 600 bucks man. just tryin to help.

--------------------

Offlinemister

Re: Question on grow cabinets [Re: slimDUTCHES]
    #307343 - 10/31/09 10:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

One guy on ebay makes one that is alot cheaper and is the same thing. Or he sells the plans for 12 bucks. Right now just looking at my options on which way to go.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck