Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBlzdLivng
Male User Gallery

Airflow for new flower cabinet
    #271468 - 08/27/09 06:13 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I just got done building my first grow cabinet out of a dresser. (Pics to come)  I am now in the process of building a flower chamber.  Dimensions 78"h x 25.5"d x 43.5"w. (i may buy a cabinet and adapt it for stealth reasons(65 x 37 x 20) It's up in the AIR(HAH) right now. I have a 400w hps hydrofarm with an exhaust fan pulling the heat right off (factory setup) vented to a homemade carbon scrubber. I'm not sure of the cfm of the fan but i dont believe its enough to move all the air. (just that from the light).  I was thinking of adding a fan as a regular exhaust and adding a y connector to have them both going to the carbon scrubber.  I was looking at the S&P TD-125 (150 and 200).  Those are just ideas.  I was looking to keep costs down to a minimum.  Any advice would be appreciated.  I believe i have everything else down decently besides the air flow...Is there to powerful of an exhaust?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Re: Airflow for new flower cabinet [Re: BlzdLivng]
    #271582 - 08/27/09 10:49 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

If you're saying the fan you have now is attached to the light and can't be moved to the end of the line, then just put your second fan at the end, after the scrubber. It's more efficient to pull then push air out of your cab. Inside cab->light->fan 1->ducting->scrubber->fan 2->outside

Too big of an exhaust fan might be too expensive, too loud for stealth applications, or might pull too much air through the cab, making you have to water more often at least. But it's often smarter to get too powerful of a fan if you can afford it, then dial it down for noise control, power consumption, etc. You may eventually expand your room or have to beat the heat of a bigger light.

OfflineBlzdLivng
Male User Gallery

Re: Airflow for new flower cabinet [Re: God]
    #271626 - 08/28/09 04:54 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The fan (which i found out is 100 CFM) is attached to the light.  Its set up that way.  Is that going to be enough for now?  i just wanna keep my cabinet cool and take care of the odor.

Didnt think about the evap factor.  Thanks

OfflineBuddy
Mr.
Male

Re: Airflow for new flower cabinet [Re: BlzdLivng]
    #271629 - 08/28/09 05:20 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

You've got an air cooled lamp. I'm pretty sure that's the best way to keep temps down. If you wanted more airflow to bring air that has CO2 into the cabinet then that's different. What you have is best for keeping temps down though.

--------------------
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds