Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblealexp
Stranger

Re: What are the best banks and the best strains? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #278990 - 09/11/09 09:34 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I will be growing on soil. I will have ten square feet for flowering, ten square feet for mother plants and another ten square feet for clones.

On the first grow I will germinate enough seeds to have my ten square feet full of plants flowering and enough to have a mother plant of each. I will keep the mother plants of the strains I like, making clones of them and I'll order new seeds so I can always be trying new strains, flowering every 2 months or so.

I'm still not sure if I should choose a 600W HPS for my flowering space or if I should go with a 400W. It gets a bit warm in the summer here.I will have a special lightproof "closet" that I saw at my grow shop for my flowering plants.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What are the best banks and the best strains? [Re: alexp]
    #278993 - 09/11/09 09:57 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

To get the right amount of light to 10 sq feet of space your gonna need at least a 1000watt.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblealexp
Stranger

Re: What are the best banks and the best strains? [Re: Magash]
    #278994 - 09/11/09 10:00 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I was reading between 400W and 600W is what you should be looking for in such an area. It is 1 square meter... I think I read this on the Grower's Bible. Is it old information?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #278998 - 09/11/09 10:15 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

A 600 can pull off 9 sq feet. Over that and your gonna need a few more watts. Then again I forgot about the new 750watt lights that are out now.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblealexp
Stranger

Re: What are the best banks and the best strains? [Re: Magash]
    #279002 - 09/11/09 10:22 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I think my greatest issue will be to find a balance between the light I need for proper bud development and the amount of heat build up in my growing environment. The temperature on the warmer days in the summer is 86 in that room. :/

Offlinegrogan
 User Gallery

#279072 - 09/12/09 12:05 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Drchronic and Gypsy Nirvana seed boutique

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #279223 - 09/12/09 11:53 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

as long as you have adequate fresh air intake and stale air exhaust the heat issues shouldn't be a problem. heck, with a nice air cooled light you could keep your grow room only about 5 degrees warmer than outside at any given time.

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What are the best banks and the best strains? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #279258 - 09/12/09 12:51 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

What dimensions are you using to get 10 ft^2?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Invisiblealexp
Stranger

#279286 - 09/12/09 01:41 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
as long as you have adequate fresh air intake and stale air exhaust the heat issues shouldn't be a problem. heck, with a nice air cooled light you could keep your grow room only about 5 degrees warmer than outside at any given time.

Yeah, I will be buying a good fan for my exhaust. The FA will be coming from the pressure differential from the exhaust. I want to filter the air with a carbon filter also. I will have to check those air cooled lamps! :wink:

Quote:

81renaissance said:
What dimensions are you using to get 10 ft^2?

The area of the space where the grow "closet" will be is 320 square feet. The grow closet itself is around 3.2x3.2x6. I don't think I'm going to buy those closets for the mother plants and the clones, it's a bit expensive. It's lightproof so I'm thinking of doing the light on cycle during the night to avoid overheating.

The air that I exhaust from that 10 square feet area, can it go to the 320 square feet area or should it go outside?

Oh and with the carbon filter, do I also need an ionizer? Or does the carbon filter take care of it effectively?

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #279335 - 09/12/09 04:09 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

In a 3.2 x 3.2 area, you need a MINIMUM of 512 Watts to reach a normal yield (based on the 50watts/sq ft rule of thumb).  So 600 would get the job done, but 1000 would increase your yield quite a bit.

I have heard of people venting into the surrounding room, you just have to make sure that the big space has a good amount of air exchange so that you're not recirculating high O2 low CO2 air back into your grow space, if the room is closed off, then definitely vent outside.

Carbon filter will be fine on its own, as long as you buy one sufficient to handle the CFM you're trying to push.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Invisiblealexp
Stranger

#279357 - 09/12/09 05:15 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I will go with the 600W HPS. I know some guys growing in an area like mine with a 400W with good results but for 20 euros a gram I prefer to grow my own and not have to worry with commercial overpriced strains.

The room has plenty of FAE.

The carbon filters at my grow shop start at 200 m3 per hour and end at 500m3 per hour. I have no idea of how to choose the filters and the exhaust for this setup.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #279362 - 09/12/09 05:29 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well 200 cubic meters per hour is the equivalent of about 3 cubic meters a minute you have 2 cubic meters of grow space that you need to filter so that equates to 1.5 air exchanges per minute.  So if you bump that up to 4 cubic meters per minute or 240 cubic meters per hour, you should be fine (2 exchanges per minute)
I've seen setups with 5 air exchanges per minute, and some people say that this is optimum, but I've never done more than 3, and I haven't had any issues.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Invisiblealexp
Stranger

#279409 - 09/12/09 09:03 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

The exhaust fans in the store go up to 320 cubic meters per hour. The carbon filters upgrade with increments of 100 cubic meters up to 500. Should I choose a 320 cubic meters exhaust fan for a 300 cubic meters carbon filter? The closest exhaust fan does 200 cubic meters per hour.

Is the cost/efficiency worth it for the upgrade from 200 cubic meters per hour to 300?

Thank you so much for all your help!

:peace:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates