Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGuerrilla
Stranger

Re: Guerrilla's First Grow (Skunkberry in Soil) [Re: helmet]
    #241120 - 06/19/09 02:31 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks man :thumbup: Let's hope so. By the way I've looked in on your GJ a few times and found it to be a good resource, so kudos back to you. Only reason I haven't commented in your thread is I'm noobish so I feel it's better to read more than write.

On that note, I'm beginning to get concerned about my plants. They seem to be in a sort of shock, like they're minds are going crazy. Their growth rate has slowed down expotentially and when I look at other grow journals and pics of their plants at the age mine are, they look a little more mature. I'm nervous because this could be the sign of a potential problem. I'm going to spend an hour or so researching this but just for amusement I'm going to list off some theories I think this happening. There's also seems to be some bruising around the upper middle of the stem (I never touch my plants) so I'm a little worried about that as well. The plants seem to be developing new leafs below their main levels and there seems to be a lot going on there but it looks rather mushed together. I know I know pics are better than words and I'll post some pics within a hour or two.

1. This shock my plants are in seemed to start around when I switched the lighting schedule from 24/0 to 20/4. I think my plants might be tripping about being the temp swing when they're sleeping. The temps get down to low 70s high 60s when lights are out. I've read that the plants dig that but maybe they don't or I misunderstood.

2. With my soil mix perhaps my plants need more food in their water as my soil mix doesn't provide enough. My soil mix was only about 50% actual good soil for them and the rest was for watering issues. Maybe I should add some Flora Micro to their waterings?

3. I recently started vaping out around them. Maybe they're concerned for their own plight as I'm smoking their family in front of them?

4. I usually have Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell on in my room. Art Bell is a conspiracy radio show about UFOs and Ghosts. They say talking or playing music to your plants makes them happy. Maybe my plants are freaking out like they're tied down in A Clockwork Orange as they're forced to listen to conspiracy radio all day?

Anyway I got some reading to do. Pics soon.

Edited by Guerrilla (06/19/09 02:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGuerrilla
Stranger

Re: Guerrilla's First Grow (Skunkberry in Soil) [Re: Guerrilla]
    #241137 - 06/19/09 03:30 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #241153 - 06/19/09 04:01 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

As far as temps go, anything more than a 10 degree drop from the high to the low can cause plant growth to slow. And from what i've noticed with my plants, they grow in spurts. They seem to not be doing much, then they shoot up, then they chill for a bit and fill out, and then shoot up again. Your sprouts look like mine at 2 weeks. Hope this helps, and good luck.

OfflineGuerrilla
Stranger

Re: Guerrilla's First Grow (Skunkberry in Soil) [Re: Integra21]
    #241172 - 06/19/09 05:18 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you Integra :thumbup: you always have good information and contributions.

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #241189 - 06/19/09 06:17 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Just trying to return the favor of all the people that have helped me. Keep it updated to because I check all my threads almost daily, so I'll try to help when ever I can.

OfflineGuerrilla
Stranger

#241871 - 06/21/09 11:27 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Day 14

This plant...

I named Neda... This is my favorite plant and seems to be maturing and growing faster than the other. However today while watering my plants, I accidently dropped Neda. However the plant just looked at me like "What motherfucker? What?" and aside from being a little bent and losing some soil, the plant is one hearty bad ass. I've been concerned about her, but she seemed to be just fine. I won't fuck up like that again.

76 degrees
48% humidity

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

#241873 - 06/21/09 11:32 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

From my experience. Usually the strongest and fastest growing ones aren't girls at all.. good luck man.

OfflineGuerrilla
Stranger

Re: Guerrilla's First Grow (Skunkberry in Soil) [Re: FrozenReality]
    #241877 - 06/21/09 11:40 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Well the plants are spaced out, each was germed a day or two apart from each other. So the plants right now are anywhere from 14 days old (Neda and I think one or two others) to I think 8 or 10 days old. I hope I get some fems  :bow2:

Thanks for your input though, I appreciate it. I'm hoping since I get Neda a girl's name it'll inspire her to do the right thing. :tongue2:

OfflineGuerrilla
Stranger

#242244 - 06/23/09 11:41 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Growing and maturing like crazy  :jointsmile:

OfflineGuerrilla
Stranger

#242408 - 06/23/09 11:42 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Uh...?

Strange brownish almost bruise looking marks and white specks on the plant I dropped yesterday. I'm not seeing the same strange markings on any of the other plants which makes me think this is a result of my dropping the plant yesterday :frown: Plant is still growing and maturing at an amazing rate though so I'm going to get too worried.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #242413 - 06/24/09 12:16 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know what to tell ya' bro!  I really don't think anything like that would be an occurance of dropping your baby... I've dont that countless times being as high and drunk as I usually am and have never had any negative consequences... Might wanna look for pests and/or any sort of nutrient deficiency that may be applicable... post a clearer pic if you can and put it in doctor's diagnosis... You'll probably get more responses there... Anyways I like your style thats how I used to start all my plants... I wanna see this one through so keep the updates comin'!  :ganja:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineGuerrilla
Stranger

Re: Guerrilla's First Grow (Skunkberry in Soil) [Re: Inverted]
    #242437 - 06/24/09 01:23 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The white stuff is crystally looking. I can't see any pests but then again I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. However, I don't see any bugs or anything moving around the plants. For the last few hours I've been perplexed as to how a invasion could happen. Then I remembered the plant I accidently dropped lost about a quarter of it's soil. In a panic I ran out to the greenhouse to get some more soil mix which was left out in a open container for the last two weeks. Now I'm not sure if I'm invested yet but I'm just going to say that it would make sense if I am. I'm really fucking pissed off about this because this has been my biggest fear all along. I'm not going to panic until I get professional opinion though.

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #242444 - 06/24/09 01:57 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Have you recently re-potted the plant, like in the last week of so?

OfflineGuerrilla
Stranger

#242445 - 06/24/09 02:02 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, the plant I dropped lost about a quarter of it's soil and I had to use the soil from the greenhouse. This would also explain why only this plant is showing signs of this right now...

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #242448 - 06/24/09 02:25 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I was more asking if it was transplanted recently because i had a similar looking issue after transplanting where root damage was caused this issue 2 days later. But after a week or 2, the plants all cleared up after the roots had some time to repair themselves. Root 66 was added to the nutrient mix. But only follow this idea if you know there was root damage.

OfflineGuerrilla
Stranger

#242451 - 06/24/09 02:36 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Well... I did drop the plant and it did look like the roots got a little fucked up and smashed around when I dropped it. The more I think about it the more I don't think it's a bug invasion but something to do with dropping the plant. I don't see anything moving around on the plant and I would think I would see these crystals forming on other plants if it was. My gut instinct is that this is damage from me dropping it (which completely makes sense after what you said Integra) I'll observe in the morning and see how we're doing. I'll add some Rootzyme to my mix for tomorrow's feeding do some research into root damage. Thanks guys :thumbup:

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

Loc: Pacific NW
    #242617 - 06/24/09 06:12 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

if had to guess that just looks like your keeping it way to cold in there, that looks like the color purple to me. that i've only known to happen from plants with purple genetics, but thats if you let it get cold at night during the last few weeks of flowering.

i dropped a plant before, it was in a bubble bucket(dwc)it moved the roots around and i lost half the clay pellets in the basket, but in the end everything was fine. i let it grow out some more and took the clones that i'm vegging in my log atm.

--------------------

Third grow  Third grow  Second grow  First grow(in that order) Fun Times :smile:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Guerrilla's First Grow (Skunkberry in Soil) [Re: helmet]
    #242764 - 06/25/09 02:36 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with helmet, I think it's either a nutrient/ph problem or a pest that came and went.  The yellowish color is throwing me off too not just the blemish... I'm really stumped on this one... I wouldn't give it any chemicals just yet as you will probably burn it to death as I have done in the past with rooting stimulator.  Just be careful if you choose to use it and only give it 1/4 strength at the most because its just a baby and really shouldn't need anything for the first 2-3 weeks... :2cents:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineGuerrilla
Stranger

Re: Guerrilla's First Grow (Skunkberry in Soil) [Re: Inverted]
    #242784 - 06/25/09 03:42 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you guys, I will use just PH balanced water for the next week or two. I'll post pics in a little bit.

OfflineGuerrilla
Stranger

#243113 - 06/25/09 10:29 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

75 Degrees
50% humidity

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies