Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

2nd round of Brainstorm-1000w 4.5x9x7 Tent grow-Updated!!!!!!!!!! 2-20-2014-DONE-
    #693696 - 11/14/13 05:10 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Starting my Journal for my new round of brain storm. Here's the setup..

Strain:Dutch Passions Brainstorm, Clones from Feminized mother plant.
4.5x9x7 Grow tent
24 Site Aerojet (18 sites filled)
Lumatek 1000w Ballast&HPSBulb (MH for veg)
4XL Silverstar A/C hood
6' Inline fan
6' Carbon Filter
Tri-Meter(PH/Temp/PPM)
1on 4off fixed cycle timer

Nutes:
AN Micro-Grow-Bloom Ph perfect
AN Voodoo Juice
AN Big Bud
AN Bud Candy
AN B-52
AN Overdrive
AN Final Phase

Planning on a 7-10 day veg cycle followed by a 9 week flower.

System..

Nutes&Stuff..Still waiting on the overdrive and voodoo juice to arrive.

I'll update again on Sunday when i have everything together and plants in the system.

Cheers!

Thought i'd share a pic of my Next generation's GrapeGod seedling thats going to be my mom plant for my Grow after this brainstorm run is done.

Update! 11-17-2013

Ok got my hood and ducting installed, plants in the system. Ended up with 17, broke one in transplant. I decided to try neoprene collars to hold the plants in place rather than using hydroton. We'll see how it works out. I still don't have my 6' carbon filter, going to wait till next month to buy it. Anywho, heres a couple pics, not too much to see but you get the idea.

11-23-2013
Quick update on how my GrapeGod seedling is doing..She's good! :smile: gets a tad hot in the small tent, but only during mid day. Heres a pic..

Update!
11-24-2013
I drained the res today and refilled it, ppm is at 450, PH 5.7
Plants are doing really well, it took about 3 days for most to take to the systems and start gaining more root mass, a couple of them hardly had any roots when i put them in and looked like they were going to die, but i trimmed off all the dead leaves from them and left them in there and they have come back to life, will be behind the rest in size, but better to have them in there then not in the end. So far i'm liking the system, very easy to maintain. I must say if anyone's in the market for a new air-cooled hood, check out the silverstar 4xl's, the light foot print is best i've used yet, a bit pricey at $269, but well worth it imo.

I will be switching to flower next sunday and ramping up the nutes a bit. Here's some pics. enjoy! :smile:

Whole system..

The two i thought might die...

Left side..

Right side..

Back 2..

Root Growth..

11-26-2013
Just thought i'd share another pic of my GG seedling...awesome growth the last couple days.

11-29-2013
Update!
I decided to switch to flower cycle today,after 12 days of veg, average plant height is 9 inches,with the exception of the two that almost died, their about 5 inches tall. Planning on a 9 week flower. Obviously crop date will depend on the plants,not my timetable.

Drained and refilled the res, ppm is at approx 450, i plan on increasing the nute strength by 15-20% each week till i get between 900-1000 ppm. Then will maintain that level till the last week or 10 days.

Mixed in 40 ml each of Micro/Grow/Bloom in 18 gallons of water.
40ml of bud candy
40ml of Voodoo Juice

I'm using tap water which has a existing ppm of 130.

Whole system shots..

Left side

Right Side

Two runts.

Back 2

I'll be updating every Friday from here on in.

Cheers!

-Thought i'd share some more images of my GG plant.

12-06-2013
Update!!

Had what appears to be a zinc deficiency the last week, plants are still growing well, some white tips and slight spotting on leaf tips. I flushed on Monday and refilled with 50% nutes, seemed to help, so today i drained again and bumped the nutes to 85-90%, ppm is at 980, ph stable at 5.6, Hopefully the increased nute strength will get rid of the zinc prob i had, while avoiding any burn. Time will tell.
pics..

GG plant, removed a few shade leaves and fimmed her the other day, shes looking great, she even smells stronger in veg than the plants in flower..

12-13-2013
UPDATE!!!
Day 14 of flower.
Things are looking excellent!, plants responded very well to the higher ppm, this week i bumped it up a bit more. PPM is 1050, PH 5.6. I still have some white tips, growth seems fine though, i'm pretty sure the white tips is caused by the fact i'm using tap water, i remember having the same issue when i grew in this space before using my previous system with tap water. I ordered a small RO unit yesterday so i'm hoping it will arrive b4 next res change. Plants only stretched about 5.5 inches this week, a good sign, they shouldn't stretch more than another 5 i'm hoping, i already have my hood at the very top of the tent, i could get a few more inches if i changed the metal V hangers with shorter ones but i don't have any on hand, I will look into it if i need too. Not sure if you can notice from the pics, but the top fan leaves are a lighter green the the lower ones, at first i thought this was a nute issue, but its not, after watching the night time temps its obvious its caused by the big change in temp between light and dark, as well as my res temp going up and then bringing it down regularly. Still from what i have read this won't cause any real issues. I did notice the last few days b4 the water change my PPM jumped up to 1200 due to plants eating more water than nutes. Still i chose to try to keep the PPM in the same area this week as last week and ended up a tad higher due to the adding of the B52 for the first time this week. Anyways heres some pics,first real signs of flower production! hope you like!
Cheers!

Whole system shot..

Left and right sides...

Flowers forming :smile:

Shot of Hood and extraction fan

Almost forgot...pics of my GG mother, shes doing great!

Till next Friday!

UPDATE!
12-20-2013
Day 21 of Flower.

Well my RO unit and 6' filter didn't arrive yesterday, apparently UPS is having issues with a little bit of snow, hoping they will come on monday. I switched base nutes this week as my hydro store was out of what i normally buy, the ones i'm using for the remainder of this run are no name 3 part, pretty much like technaflora as far as i can tell, only use 2 parts for either veg or flower. NPK of the 2 parts for flower is 2-4-4, i still have all my AN additives which i'm using with these new nutes. I still have some white/burnt leaf tips, so reduced the ppm down to 900, PH is at 5.6.

Pics...
GG mom..

System shots..

Flower shots..

Cheers!

-mini update!
My 6's carbon filter came yesterday, they got UPS people working overtime and delivering on Saturdays to make up for the service delay because of the weather recently...still waiting on my RO unit, should come tomorrow, after which i will be doing another flush and refilling the res with RO'd mix... heres pics of the filter..

Update!
12-27-2013
Day 28 of 12/12

Things are coming along well, Still have some yellowing of top fan leaves, i think its being caused by the closeness of the light, its only about 10-12 inches from the tallest plant, so i dialed back the light to the 600w setting for this week to see if it helps. The grapegod mom is turning into a lil monster, i'm going to have to take some cuttings soon just to keep her from out growing the 2x2x5 tent shes in. Anyways heres some pics, Enjoy!

UPDATE!
1-3-2014
Day 35 of 12/12

Happy new year everyone!
Things are going great, after having my ballast on 600w for a week the yellowing of the top leaves seems to have reversed a fair amount. I will be buying a spreader/heat shield for my light for the next run to help prevent this from happening again when i'm back at a 1000w. Flowering is coming along very nicely. I picked up some Canna Aqua Flores to finish this grow with, and will be picking up their full line for my next grow. Nute amounts as follows.
165 ml of Canna Aqua Flores A+B
12 ml of Dutchmaster Zone
80 ml Bud candy.
Mixed into 48L of water.
I'm also going to use Overdrive with the canna nutes but only for 2 feedings next week and then the following week.

Pictures...
GG Mom..

whole system, left and right sides.

Random shots..

Close ups...

Cheers!

UPDATE!!!
1-10-2014
Day 42 of 12/12

Things are coming along great, Plants seem to really like the canna aqua nutes, Still some tip burn but it has not gotten worse and the plants are growing well so i kept the ppm in the same area. I'm guessing i have another 3 weeks till harvest, but only time will tell. Plants are starting their fattening up stage of growth so things should get really nice looking over the next 2 weeks. Nute amounts as follows...
125ml each of Canna Aqua A+B
15ml Of DM Zone
80ml of Overdrive
60ml of Bud Candy
PPM is at 730
PH 5.7

GG Mom..

System...

Random Shots..

Closeups..

Till next week!

1-17-2014
UPDATE!!
Day 49 of 12/12

Plants are looking great, lots of new pistil growth, no real issues over the last week. Nutes as follows..

12ml DM zone
135ml each of Aqua Flores A+B
80ml Overdrive
70ml Bud Candy
in 48l of water
ppm 820
ph 5.8

I'm going feed one more time next Friday, then start a 7-14 day flush.
Pics..

:blazed:

UPDATE!!
1-24-2014
Day 56 of 12/12
Not much to report, flowering coming along nicely. Stopped all Additives except for the DM zone, going to finish with just Aqua A+B, then flush.

Nutes...
15ml DM Zone
135ml Canna Aqua Flores A+B
ppm 650
PH 5.8

Pics..

:bigblunt:

UPDATE!!
1-31-2014
Day 63 of 12/12

Things are coming along nicely, did some drain maintenance as the 2 trays that are full had roots growing into the drain fittings, so i removed my fittings, cleaned then and popped'em back in. Other than that, i had no issues the last week. I decided to add some cal/mag supplement this feed along with the Zone and A+B. I'm guessing i have 2 weeks left, but we will see. Nutes as Follows...

15ml DM Zone
20ml Cal/mag
125ml Aqua A+B
ppm:600
ph:5.8

Pics...

2-7-2014
UPDATE!!!
Day 70 of 12/12(day 56 of actual flower)

Everything is looking excellent, one more week of feed and start to flush next Friday. In the home stretch now. Nutes same as last week minus the cal/mag supplement. plants don't need it, infact it seemed to give me a bit more leaf burn over the last week, but nothing serious.

Nutes

135ml each of Aqua A+B
15ml DM Zone
Ph 5.7
ppm 650

Pics..

UPDATE!!!
2-14-2014
Day 77 of 12/12 (day 63 of actual flower)

Things are just about done, i started to flush this past Monday and will continue till atleast next Wednesday, then CHOP CHOP! Monday they got low ppm(1ooppm) water with some final phase till today, now they will get just plain PH'd RO'd water till at least Wednesday.

Pics...

Update!
2-20-2014
CROPPED!!!!

Hey everyone, thought i'd do a little written update. I Started to harvest on Monday after a week of flushing. Total flower time was 65ish days. The Bud turned out great, i'll post pics after a week of curing. While i still have about 1/3rd left on the plants, so far i have dried 12 ounces of top quality bud, by the looks of it i'll get another 3-5 zips of B grade bud from whats left on the plants, but its a bit hard to tell. Still i will surpass my original yield guess of 10-12 ounces so i'm quite happy. My GrapeGod clones are ready to go into my system and i hope to have everything cleaned up and going again on Saturday. Their going directly into 12/12 with a MH and veg nutes until i see the first real flower then i will switch to the HPS and flower nutes. I'll post some pics of the finished product next Monday or Tuesday, so keep an eye out!

Cheers!
Bud

Final Update!
Here's some pics of the buds after a week or so of curing. I'm using 1x 8g Boveda pack to cure every ounce, cure will end when pack is no longer working, in about a month. The original 12 ounces i dried cured to 11 oz, and the stuff that was left on the plants ended up being another 3.5 oz of that only a z was what i would consider smokable, the rest went into my trim bin. So it total i ended up with 12 oz of great bud and 2.5 of trim quality nugs.

Thought i'd share a couple more pics of a bud after 16 days of curing with the boveda pack.. looking real nice, it doesn't have much smell at all, just a lil sweet and citrusy smell, But the smoke is smooth and sweet tasting...it has a creeping high that slams ya in the head about 15 mins after smoking...

Edited by WildBud420 (03/08/14 12:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: 2nd round of Brainstorm-1000w 4.5x9x7 Tent grow [Re: WildBud420]
    #693851 - 11/15/13 03:58 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Looks good man! I do gotta say one thing about AN though: they hide plant growth regulators in their nutrients, and they are only supposed to be used on ornamental plants. They are carcinogenic, not to be used on plants that will be consumed. That's just th hippie in me. Gotta tell people when they are being decieved by the big businesses that take advantage of people's ignorance on the subject of nutrients... lol

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #693893 - 11/15/13 08:32 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I liked AN at first but didn't like their bullshit. They finally pissed me off when they wouldn't help me via email about their nutrients not holding up for shit. I assume its because they're not going to put anything in writing about how their nutrients suck. I tried telling them I didn't have a phone at the time, but they didn't seem to care.

Id like to see what you can do with that grapegod. I ordered just the one GrapeGod seed and have been running with that for awhile. I'm kinda done with mother plants and just clone the plants lower branches as they're going into flower or topping to train it. Theres always enough to keep the plant alive and it saves work on not having to care for the mother. You might need it though if your doing that many sites. Its a fast grower and can get bulky.

Day 3 of flower

Day 51. 185g, with that cola weighing 31g.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

Re: 2nd round of Brainstorm-1000w 4.5x9x7 Tent grow [Re: Tank333]
    #693932 - 11/16/13 07:51 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tank333 said:
Looks good man! I do gotta say one thing about AN though: they hide plant growth regulators in their nutrients, and they are only supposed to be used on ornamental plants. They are carcinogenic, not to be used on plants that will be consumed. That's just th hippie in me. Gotta tell people when they are being decieved by the big businesses that take advantage of people's ignorance on the subject of nutrients... lol

I've herd a lot of negative stuff about AN, but mainly from those who have never used them, and i cannot find any authentic actual tests done to prove such things. Lots of hearsay, very few facts to back it up. I think if there is a real downside to AN its their marketing(and price), its kinda sketchy in how they word stuff and give unreal expectations on what some of their stuff will do for your garden.

All i know for sure is in 20 yrs of growing i have used generic grow nutes(no name), GH,Technaflora,Dutch master and AN, so far AN gives me the best results, i've used their entire line of additives, and found only 5 or 6 of them to be really effective. Hence the ones i'm using this grow. Though i think after i run out of the AN base nutes i'm going to try Botanicare's Kind 3 part, herd good things about them.

I've never had to call their customer service, so have no idea about that.

--------------------
my current grow- GrapeGod
my Last grow-2nd round Brainstorm

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#693937 - 11/16/13 09:39 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Found a couple articles for ya about AN....

http://www.manicbotanix.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27&Itemid=14

http://www.manicbotanix.com/hydro-hype/39-advanced-nutrients-the-med-deception.html

Have you looked into mixing your own nutrients? Its really not that hard, and costs pennies on the dollar compared to purchasing your nutes from a bottle. I can link ya to some great reading on THAT subject if you'd like...

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#693957 - 11/16/13 12:46 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tank333 said:
Found a couple articles for ya about AN....

http://www.manicbotanix.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27&Itemid=14

http://www.manicbotanix.com/hydro-hype/39-advanced-nutrients-the-med-deception.html

Have you looked into mixing your own nutrients? Its really not that hard, and costs pennies on the dollar compared to purchasing your nutes from a bottle. I can link ya to some great reading on THAT subject if you'd like...

Thanks for the links, The one about PGR has no AN products listed, their only mentioned in the end of the article about growth testing they did on cannabis and that P values don't need to be as high as previously thought, and that N is more important during flower than previously thought.

The second article seems inaccurate to me, they listed big bud with NPK of 0-15-40, well my bottle of it says 0-1-3. Maybe they have changed their formulas since 2009, i know their micro/grow/bloom 3 part has seen 3 formula changes since i started using it 5 years ago.

then there's also the fact that that site is sponsored by another nutrient company, so it could be biased or simply BS. They don't link or list the official government source for this information, which leaves me wondering about its authenticity.

I'd still say AN are some of the best nutes i have used in my experience, and until i see better results from another brand i'll stick with what i know :smile:

I haven't tried to make my own nutes, i'm sure it would be much cheaper, but honestly i wouldn't want the extra work LOL

I herd blue planet nutes are pretty good and cheap, but they don't sell them in canada, at least not in any local grow store or canadian online retailer i have found, though i can order them right from their online store, but the shipping cost more than the nutes lol

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #693963 - 11/16/13 01:43 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Here is why I don't use them, this is after a few days. Just a bunch of sludge sitting in the bottom of the tank. I think my bottles aged (within a year) because it just started happening one day and nothing seemed to change it. I also had burn issues every time I used Overdrive, gotta watch the plants the week before and make sure your not feeding them too much before/during that week.

After I switched to Canna I realized how much of a pain in the ass Advanced Nutrients is to use. Their formula developed by 12 ph.D's, but they don't tell you that 11 are in marketing--"make a product line that is so complex they have no choice but to think we know what were doing."

Canna works straight out of the bottle, full strength (mostly) and the plants love it. ~900ppm's every time and they hold up for weeks. I've topped off for 4 weeks in a row leaving only a slight residue on the tank that brushes right away. 5 products for the full line, works amazing, little to no work. No added microbes as they're competition for nutrients in hydro (they said to use sparingly if I did use any.) Their bottles are pimped with a measurement cup built in.

With AN I'd get all kinds of different readings at full strength, 1200-1800ppm. They leaves a heavy residue on everything that needs to be scrubbed off with a nylon brush, even at lower concentrations. 17 products (last I counted, it keeps changing), works good if you put in the work and watch your plants like a hawk. Three types of microbes, one at $400 per gallon. Their pH- works really good. And their damn formula keeps changing cause they still haven't figured their shit out.

It looks like you've got all the essentials, thats what I would go with, maybe without the b12 but I did want to check it out when I was using their stuff. I never used their Final Phase but I did notice it had a harder time flushing than Canna by far.

I would add silica, my favorite additive to date. It makes the plants much sturdier and they hold up better when the buds start weighing the top of the branches down. It does a few other amazing things, read up on it. I've been using the Gro-Tek Pro-Silicate, but just switched to Dyna-Gro because its the same npk but higher concentration of silica. Seems to be working good. Rhino Skin is the AN version

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #693964 - 11/16/13 01:47 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

"big bud with NPK of 0-15-40"

I think that is the powder, it has changed a few times.

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

Re: 2nd round of Brainstorm-1000w 4.5x9x7 Tent grow [Re: phychotron]
    #694167 - 11/17/13 11:10 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Ok i got the system going, 17 plants in, check the top post for pics. For now i'm extracting air through my hood to cool the light, no carbon filter yet, that comes next month.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #694267 - 11/18/13 12:30 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Make sure to get a filter, I had a cop tell me he could smell my plants the week I was testing a new fan controller and it didn't run the fan on low the whole time, only when temp/humidity spike. Nothing came of it, but it was very alarming.

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#694303 - 11/18/13 02:22 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Make sure to get a filter, I had a cop tell me he could smell my plants the week I was testing a new fan controller and it didn't run the fan on low the whole time, only when temp/humidity spike. Nothing came of it, but it was very alarming.

I have a 4' filter, but it wouldn't be very effective with the 6' inline fan, cfm's too high. I'll get the 6' filter in before there's any smell to worry about, this strain doesn't have a huge stink, and doesn't really start to smell at all until the 3rd or 4th week of flower. Plus there's no one near me to smell the exhausted anyways.

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #694306 - 11/18/13 02:23 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

WildBud420 said:
Ok i got the system going, 17 plants in, check the top post for pics.

Hell yeah. Can't wait for those lil fuckers to blow up :vaped:

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

Re: 2nd round of Brainstorm-1000w 4.5x9x7 Tent grow [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #694348 - 11/18/13 04:19 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
Quote:

WildBud420 said:
Ok i got the system going, 17 plants in, check the top post for pics.

Hell yeah. Can't wait for those lil fuckers to blow up :vaped:

hehe you and me both brother.

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#695185 - 11/24/13 09:56 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

11-24-2013 Update!!! check first post for pics..

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#695693 - 11/26/13 04:59 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

11-26-2013
Just thought i'd share another pic of my GG seedling...awesome growth the last couple days.

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#696065 - 11/29/13 11:50 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Updated! 11-29-2013
Check first post for pics.
enjoy!

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#697169 - 12/06/13 01:58 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Update! 12-06-2013
Check first post for pics/info

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

#697177 - 12/06/13 02:23 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

+5

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

Re: 2nd round of Brainstorm-1000w 4.5x9x7 Tent grow [Re: P-O]
    #697293 - 12/06/13 11:08 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Just thought i would give my opinion on the neoprene collars, so far they are working great, i thought they might strangle the plants since they are very firm, but the have expanded without issue as the plants grow. i just hope that they provide enough support for full flower, i think they will along with the trellis i have up. I guess we will find out. :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#698821 - 12/13/13 10:20 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

12-13-2013 UPDATED!!! Check first post for pics/info

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

#699390 - 12/16/13 11:57 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

lookin healthy :cool:

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#699453 - 12/16/13 05:30 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

P-O said:
lookin healthy :cool:

thanks man! :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#700036 - 12/18/13 04:41 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

thought i'd give a quick written update b4 the main one on Friday, I should be getting my RO unit and 6' filter tomorrow, so i will get those installed and going for friday, also, i spaced out on how much base nutes i had and realized today that i don't have enough for fridays res change, so i hiked 2 miles in a blizzard to get to the road a cab will pick me up at and went into town to get some base nutes....and wouldn't ya know it my local hydro shop was almost BARE...no AN base nutes but their connoisseur stuff which is about $45 buck for A+B(1L), no way i was paying that...so i bought the only other base nutes they had, their own no name 3 part..cost me $25 for those. hope their are decent. Plants are looking good, but still a slight zinc prob from the looks of it, or i'm getting some light bleaching..I'm going to do a big root flush on friday, just  RO'd water with some flushing agent for an hour or two, then refill the res with fresh nutes. should get rid of any nute issues i'm having, though flowering is coming alone very well at this point.

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#700896 - 12/20/13 08:35 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

12-20-2013 Update! Check first post for pics.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #700925 - 12/21/13 03:42 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

That ggod is turning into a beast. You should flower that out like it is, take some lower branches as clones when you flip it into flower, there will be plenty of cuts you can take.

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#700947 - 12/21/13 09:46 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
That ggod is turning into a beast. You should flower that out like it is, take some lower branches as clones when you flip it into flower, there will be plenty of cuts you can take.

Ya she's a lil monster, if she was that big when i started flowering the brainstorms i would have taken a couple clones and flowered her, but i need 24 clones for myself for the next run and another 10 or so for a friend. So i gotta wait till this brain batch is done.

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#703239 - 12/30/13 12:18 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Updated!
Check first post

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #703252 - 12/30/13 03:44 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Looking nice. For the first time I've taken my ggod past 12 weeks and there are some dark purple colors coming in, if you can flower yours that long see if it will purple up.

are you feeding them any silica?

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#703262 - 12/30/13 10:00 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Looking nice. For the first time I've taken my ggod past 12 weeks and there are some dark purple colors coming in, if you can flower yours that long see if it will purple up.

are you feeding them any silica?

Thanks Phychotron, i herd there's only 1 phenotype of GG that turns purple, when you say 12 weeks, you mean 12 weeks of 12/12? I decided when i get the GG into my system i'm going to do 12/12 right away. I want to see the minimum harvest, and also what the final plant height will  be when i flower that small, Does your GG stretch alot? i don't want to run into height issues again as the actual height the plants can grow in my tent is limited. Think my next major investment will be a Gorilla tent as they are about a foot taller than my current cheapo tent. I'm not feeding any silica atm, I'll pick some up when i get around to doing the GG. I decided to take your advice and switch to Canna Aqua nutes, I just ordered some to finish off the brainstorm with. I still have alot of AN's overdrive,big bud and B52, do you know if i'd have any issues using these with the Aqua Base nutes?
You should post some pics of your GG plants, i'd love to see'em, after looking over a couple journals of them i'm stoked to get them going.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #703313 - 12/30/13 01:47 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Ya its been flowering for 12 weeks 4 days. I was thinking of chopping it tomorrow night for new years.

It stretches a fair amount, but still tons of buds. I like it specifically for its leaf density, it seems like its stretched out but more like perfect amount for air flow and light penetration with large dense buds.

Check out the first run with the ggod. The photos are named by the day number in flower.

If you were to flower yours out right now You'd need a 4x4 tent, 3-4' tall with at least half a pound. Notice how much wider mine got, it has a lot of side branches that produce quite a bit on their own, double and triple layers of lower branches. I'm not so sure it will be best for a SOG grow because of that, but you have to try it before you can know for sure.  Your mother looks similar to mine, the branching and leaf density.

Awesome switching nutrients, you'll find its much easier to use Canna than Advanced. The impression I get from the two companies is that Canna is a professional nutrient company, and Advanced is a few guys who realized they could turn a huge profit mixing up basic chemicals. If you need any help with Canna you can contact them via their web-form and they will get back to you. I probably sent the guy fifty emails with multiple questions and he got back to damn near every one and also explained a lot of other things like not pumping air through your nutrients because its going to change the chemistry. He explained everything, how the coco works, cal-mg interaction, all that business. Advanced wouldn't get back to one question via email told me to call and wouldn't acknowledge that I didn't have a phone at the time.

Nutrient costs alone I have down to about $2.50 per ounce. The Boost is the most expensive but you don't need to use it as much as they say. Half strength works good. I get the 5L of the A/B and Zym but only 1L of the rhizo/pk/boost to keep it fresh.

You'll have to try and see how they combine but they should be fine if your just running a different base nutrient. Make sure to get the rest of the line for maximum compatibility when you can afford it.

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#703331 - 12/30/13 03:05 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Ya its been flowering for 12 weeks 4 days. I was thinking of chopping it tomorrow night for new years.

It stretches a fair amount, but still tons of buds. I like it specifically for its leaf density, it seems like its stretched out but more like perfect amount for air flow and light penetration with large dense buds.

Check out the first run with the ggod. The photos are named by the day number in flower.

If you were to flower yours out right now You'd need a 4x4 tent, 3-4' tall with at least half a pound. Notice how much wider mine got, it has a lot of side branches that produce quite a bit on their own, double and triple layers of lower branches. I'm not so sure it will be best for a SOG grow because of that, but you have to try it before you can know for sure.  Your mother looks similar to mine, the branching and leaf density.

Awesome switching nutrients, you'll find its much easier to use Canna than Advanced. The impression I get from the two companies is that Canna is a professional nutrient company, and Advanced is a few guys who realized they could turn a huge profit mixing up basic chemicals. If you need any help with Canna you can contact them via their web-form and they will get back to you. I probably sent the guy fifty emails with multiple questions and he got back to damn near every one and also explained a lot of other things like not pumping air through your nutrients because its going to change the chemistry. He explained everything, how the coco works, cal-mg interaction, all that business. Advanced wouldn't get back to one question via email told me to call and wouldn't acknowledge that I didn't have a phone at the time.

Nutrient costs alone I have down to about $2.50 per ounce. The Boost is the most expensive but you don't need to use it as much as they say. Half strength works good. I get the 5L of the A/B and Zym but only 1L of the rhizo/pk/boost to keep it fresh.

You'll have to try and see how they combine but they should be fine if your just running a different base nutrient. Make sure to get the rest of the line for maximum compatibility when you can afford it.

My main reason for switching to canna is because of the new system i'm using, and i have read that when it comes to recycling type systems their formula is best. Honestly i have had excellent results with Advanced nutes in my old DWC/drip system, and some of their products are excellent, voodoo juice,bud candy, big bud and overdrive are their best products imo, and i found their 3 part base nutes to actually be better than their sensi and connoisseur 2 parts.  when i priced out the full line of canna products verses the cost of what the AN products i like to use, the AN was only slightly more expensive. In truth all of the nutes i have used over the years performed well, the last time i switched from Technaflora to AN and with the same plants and setup/system i saw a 10-15% increase in yield, potency was the same. I'll be happy if i get the same results with the canna line, when i do my first run of the GG i will use all canna nutes if i can afford to. Other wise i still will have a liter of overdrive, 1/2l of bigbud and voodoo juice which i will use with canna's aqua.

that GG plant you had looked awesome, how big was it when you chopped it? Is GG a nute sensitive plant? the brainstorm i'm growing now is really nute sensitive.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #703495 - 12/30/13 08:31 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

It can take the nutrients and just keep growing. With Canna they mix up to about 900ppm full strength and can take that for quite awhile. I usually will give them plain water every few days but its pretty tolerant. Canna recommend that I don't add any microbes, that they don't like them because they end up competing for nutrients and most products are mainly for show, to use sparingly if I was going to add some. That might have been just for the coco which already has trich in it, but you might want to look into that.

You can get good results with AN but I just got frustrated with using it, especially for the salt-crud buildup on everything so rapidly. You'll notice Canna doesn't have that problem even after a few weeks.  You named all the basic package for AN, thats pretty much the standard mix people seem to go with.

Its hard to tell in the photo cause the outside is turning slightly purple but still green inside, so when the flash went off it made it almost impossible to tell, but the photo without the flash you can kind of see the purple tint. Up close there are dark purple areas.

I think it was about 3' total when she came down. Early on day 51 instead of letting it go another week like I should have.

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

#703668 - 12/31/13 10:02 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup:

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#703777 - 12/31/13 04:03 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
It can take the nutrients and just keep growing. With Canna they mix up to about 900ppm full strength and can take that for quite awhile. I usually will give them plain water every few days but its pretty tolerant. Canna recommend that I don't add any microbes, that they don't like them because they end up competing for nutrients and most products are mainly for show, to use sparingly if I was going to add some. That might have been just for the coco which already has trich in it, but you might want to look into that.

You can get good results with AN but I just got frustrated with using it, especially for the salt-crud buildup on everything so rapidly. You'll notice Canna doesn't have that problem even after a few weeks.  You named all the basic package for AN, thats pretty much the standard mix people seem to go with.

Its hard to tell in the photo cause the outside is turning slightly purple but still green inside, so when the flash went off it made it almost impossible to tell, but the photo without the flash you can kind of see the purple tint. Up close there are dark purple areas.

I think it was about 3' total when she came down. Early on day 51 instead of letting it go another week like I should have.

Nice looking plant man, i can see the slight purple colouring. Looks excellent!

I'm looking forward to trying the canna nutes, i hope i can afford to get the whole line up when i get around to the grapegod, i should be able too. My friend who uses their line also recommended to use dutchmaster's zone at 1/2 strength along with them, have you ever used this stuff? I trust his opinion i've seen his garden and his results are excellent. Still always helps to have a second opinion.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #703784 - 12/31/13 04:58 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Never heard of it, sounds like Canna's Rhizotonic

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#703788 - 12/31/13 05:09 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Never heard of it, sounds like Canna's Rhizotonic

He said it basically does the same thing as Rhizotonic, but its 1/3rd the cost per liter.

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#704033 - 01/02/14 11:39 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Had a bit of a scare today when looking in on my tent, yesterday i unplugged the pumps timer while i cleaned out the barrel filter on my system and forgot to plug it back in! When i looked at my plants today they were all drooping, except for the smallest 2 plants...seems i caught it just in time before anything really bad happened...update coming tomorrow!

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#704577 - 01/04/14 06:46 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Updated!
1-3-2014
check first post for pics

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#706179 - 01/10/14 06:02 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Updated!
1-10-2014
Check first post..

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#708156 - 01/17/14 04:34 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Update!
1-17-2014
Check first post page 1.

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#709705 - 01/24/14 02:37 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Updated!
1-24-2014
Check first Post.

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#710813 - 01/31/14 04:00 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Update!
1-31-2014
Check first Post for pics/info!

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#712577 - 02/07/14 02:38 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

update!
2-7-2014
check first post!

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#712854 - 02/08/14 09:13 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Looking nice in there, man! What's it starting to smell like?

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#712908 - 02/08/14 10:11 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Tank333 said:
Looking nice in there, man! What's it starting to smell like?

Thanks Tank! , actually the plants have almost no smell until you touch them, when ya do though,they smell like orange sherbert with a hint of lemon. Can't wait to see what its like when its finished and properly cured.

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#713324 - 02/08/14 10:05 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Oooh, that sounds tasty!

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#714473 - 02/12/14 01:13 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Tank333 said:
Oooh, that sounds tasty!

hehe,ya they smell great. I started flushing on Monday night, and will flush till at least next Wednesday. Took this pic of some tricombs on a sugar leaf today..

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#715080 - 02/14/14 12:09 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Update!
2-14-2014
Check first post for pics...Less than a week to go! :smile:

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#715162 - 02/14/14 05:16 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Nice man! Looking awesome in there!

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#715179 - 02/14/14 06:57 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Tank333 said:
Nice man! Looking awesome in there!

Thanks man! :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

#715225 - 02/14/14 08:53 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Fuck ya!  those girls are looking :pimp2: !!!

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#715346 - 02/15/14 05:54 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

P-O said:
Fuck ya!  those girls are looking :pimp2: !!!

Thanks P-O!

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#716363 - 02/20/14 09:12 AM (10 years, 29 days ago)

Hey everyone, thought i'd do a little written update. I Started to harvest on Monday after a week of flushing. Total flower time was 65ish days. The Bud turned out great, i'll post pics after a week of curing. While i still have about 1/3rd left on the plants, so far i have dried 12 ounces of top quality bud, by the looks of it i'll get another 3-5 zips of B grade bud from whats left on the plants, but its a bit hard to tell. Still i will surpass my original yield guess of 10-12 ounces so i'm quite happy. My GrapeGod clones are ready to go into my system and i hope to have everything cleaned up and going again on Saturday. Their going directly into 12/12 with a MH and veg nutes until i see the first real flower then i will switch to the HPS and flower nutes. I'll post some pics of the finished product next Monday or Tuesday, so keep an eye out!

Cheers!
Bud

--------------------

OfflineBluntguY 207
That Guy
 User Gallery

Loc: North East Coast Flag
    #716444 - 02/20/14 04:20 PM (10 years, 29 days ago)

Always nice to exceed your goals! Congrats man cant wait to see some pics. :biggrin:

--------------------
"Self sufficient medical marijuana patient"

"I should be sponsered by Swisher Sweets":gethigh:

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 2nd round of Brainstorm-1000w 4.5x9x7 Tent grow [Re: BluntguY 207]
    #716513 - 02/20/14 10:58 PM (10 years, 29 days ago)

One of the sweetest Aerojet tent grows I've seen! Great job. I think you'll increase yield by at least 50% once you get it dialed in over a few runs.:potleaf:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

Re: 2nd round of Brainstorm-1000w 4.5x9x7 Tent grow [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #716544 - 02/21/14 12:01 AM (10 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

BluntguY 207 said:
Always nice to exceed your goals! Congrats man cant wait to see some pics. :biggrin:

Quote:

DrGreenThumb said:
One of the sweetest Aerojet tent grows I've seen! Great job. I think you'll increase yield by at least 50% once you get it dialed in over a few runs.:potleaf:

Thanks for the kind words guys. :grin:

@DrGreenThumb, i totally agree with you, once i get a good short and fat strain running with nutes dialed in i should be able to do a lot better. I have high hopes for this grapegod i'm doing next, its supposed to flower in 55 days and give a high yield of excellent medical grade smoke.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #716561 - 02/21/14 03:05 AM (10 years, 28 days ago)

Can you post a photo of your ggod? itd be good to see how far its come.

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#716639 - 02/21/14 01:57 PM (10 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Can you post a photo of your ggod? itd be good to see how far its come.

The GG plant got chopped into about 50 clones. I'm just going to grow out one of the clones for after the first batch of GG is done.

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#717523 - 02/25/14 10:33 AM (10 years, 24 days ago)

final update! check first post for bud pics!

--------------------

OfflineBluntguY 207
That Guy
 User Gallery

#717638 - 02/25/14 07:46 PM (10 years, 24 days ago)

Great job man!  Looks tasty!   
Cant wait to get mine to that point, just finished trimming yesterday. Waiting game now!

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

Re: 2nd round of Brainstorm-1000w 4.5x9x7 Tent grow [Re: BluntguY 207]
    #717672 - 02/25/14 08:50 PM (10 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

BluntguY 207 said:
Great job man!  Looks tasty!   
Cant wait to get mine to that point, just finished trimming yesterday. Waiting game now!

Thanks man! :smile: once its properly cured i'll post a smell&smoke report.

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#719902 - 03/08/14 12:19 PM (10 years, 13 days ago)

Added 2 more pics of a bud after 16 days of curing to the first post, check it out. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineBluntguY 207
That Guy
 User Gallery

#719916 - 03/08/14 04:23 PM (10 years, 13 days ago)

:aweohyou:  Looks sweet man!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale