Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

Re: Bud's 1000w GrapeGod grow. [Re: WildBud420]
    #723541 - 03/27/14 01:40 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

UPDATED!!! 3-27-2014
Check first post.

--------------------
my current grow- GrapeGod
my Last grow-2nd round Brainstorm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetrippinballs420
Tits Mcgee
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #723793 - 03/29/14 10:12 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

:popcorn:

lookin sexyyyy :awethumb:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bud's 1000w GrapeGod grow. [Re: trippinballs420]
    #723833 - 03/30/14 09:09 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Can't believe I missed this thread. I was wanting to see the ggod in a SOG type setup and it looks like its doing really well, plants look healthy, but not the right plant structure for a proper SOG. ggod has so many lower branches that produce a lot of bud on their own that its hard to chop those off. This should be interesting to watch fill in. Do you have a lot of side branching?

The math on the bottles doesn't add up like the way you figure, I did the same thing at first but then found it was cheaper/~same $ and more reliable to go with Canna. Much easier to use as well. You end up not using as much Boost and Rhizotonic than they say. I have my nutrient costs with Canna Coco down to $2.42/oz running the full line (5 products.)

AN seems like its cheap because they expect you to throw the bulk of it away in hydro, whereas with the Canna (coco) its drain to waste and I use all the nutrients I mix up. AN is so salty that its impossible to use it for a long time without crust developing over everything it comes in contact with, including drip lines closing up. Canna is gentle and you can top the tank off for a few weeks before noticing any solid buildup in the bottom or coating everywhere.

Heres my current ggod grow. I opted to do minimal trimming so that those lower branches have an opportunity. They get so far up and out that they still grow dense nuggets.  I think the size I have them is about right for the type of structure the plant has.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

Re: Bud's 1000w GrapeGod grow. [Re: phychotron]
    #723854 - 03/30/14 11:35 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Can't believe I missed this thread. I was wanting to see the ggod in a SOG type setup and it looks like its doing really well, plants look healthy, but not the right plant structure for a proper SOG. ggod has so many lower branches that produce a lot of bud on their own that its hard to chop those off. This should be interesting to watch fill in. Do you have a lot of side branching?

The math on the bottles doesn't add up like the way you figure, I did the same thing at first but then found it was cheaper/~same $ and more reliable to go with Canna. Much easier to use as well. You end up not using as much Boost and Rhizotonic than they say. I have my nutrient costs with Canna Coco down to $2.42/oz running the full line (5 products.)

AN seems like its cheap because they expect you to throw the bulk of it away in hydro, whereas with the Canna (coco) its drain to waste and I use all the nutrients I mix up. AN is so salty that its impossible to use it for a long time without crust developing over everything it comes in contact with, including drip lines closing up. Canna is gentle and you can top the tank off for a few weeks before noticing any solid buildup in the bottom or coating everywhere.

Heres my current ggod grow. I opted to do minimal trimming so that those lower branches have an opportunity. They get so far up and out that they still grow dense nuggets.  I think the size I have them is about right for the type of structure the plant has.

Using Aqua nutes(for recycling type systems, like mine, not drain to waste so the cost is specific to a recycling system with the same size tank, based on a weekly refill, you cannot compare this to the cost of drain to waste or coco grows) and following thier suggested nute amount they are more expensive than the amount of nutes i'm using from AN. Though its really the Boost that pushes the Canna's cost so high, i even calculated the amount of boost at 100ml where the recommended levels are from 100ml to 180ml per weekly refill in my 45 liter tank. both the cost from AN and Canna come in lower than what i calculated in actual use since its un likely i will use the base nutes at 100% strength, but the additives are used at full strength. Trust me my math is fine,for it is an aproximiation for an on paper comparrison from their suggested feed charts for MY setup. Once this grow is complete i will work out the Actual cost of nutes used, and will do the same for the Canna after that grow. Its obvious if i cut out the Boost from the canna grow the cost would be more less the same or slightly cheaper than the AN nutes i'm currently using. As for buildup in the res i see very little at this point. I don't consider nute build up a issue as i clean my res and system after every flower period and its never been an issue for me and i've been using AN for years, i'm not sure why you had such problems, but i don't. If i had to guess i'd say your res temp was over 20c and you had too much evaporation causing the PPM to spike sharply and the said buildup of salts you ened up with.

In the end i'm not biased to any nute brand, and will work out the true cost when the grows are completed. People need to remember though that conditions and grow method can make the cost vary greatly. I've seen this time and time again over my past 20 years of growing.

The GG's have a alot of side branching, and all those secondary flowers are getting more than enough light in the secondary canopy,(due to the fact the main cola's just shot up as they did, and are not shading the lower canopy much) and should turn out great from the looks of it, but time will tell the true story.

Just looked at your current run of GG, looking good man, though we can't really compare costs to each other, our grow methods are vastly different. So far i really like how the GG is growing, seems to be a perfect fit for my system.

in the end, i'll bet that both brands will give excellent/similiar results. So its really the actual cost in the end that will make my descision for me.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #723862 - 03/30/14 12:51 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

ya I mis-spoke about the nutrient comparison, but I used to use AN in a similar way and it was not as big of a difference when comparing actual costs per gallon. I came up with a similar figure at first where it looked like Canna was going to be much more expensive. Oh and I use the Boost at half strength with comparable results, same as a friend of mine, neither of us can tell the difference.

AN is much more concentrated than Canna base nutrients. I was always getting high 1200-1800ppm's with AN, whereas Canna at full strength is about 900ppm with additives. But even when adjusted to 900ppm it would still leave a residue. I think my bottles might have aged out and causing some of the problems.

You say its perfect now but its going to get really thick in there when the buds start filling in. Its probably going to look like one giant blob of bud. :yesnod:

I have a spreadsheet that I've made that will calculate all the nutrient costs for a grow. Its set up for Canna but I have the template rigged to be used for any nutrients. Just enter the amount paid for each bottle and the size on the variables page, then enter the amount of water and mL of nutrients and it will tell you how much for each nutrient, %cost for that bottle, cost per gram/oz, cost per gallon and a few other things. I can upload it if you want. I've put a lot of work into it building the template to calculate all of this stuff. I even color coded it so that you input data in the green boxes and the calculations come up in the gray boxes.

Heres an older screen shot

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#723875 - 03/30/14 01:40 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
ya I mis-spoke about the nutrient comparison, but I used to use AN in a similar way and it was not as big of a difference when comparing actual costs per gallon. I came up with a similar figure at first where it looked like Canna was going to be much more expensive. Oh and I use the Boost at half strength with comparable results, same as a friend of mine, neither of us can tell the difference.

AN is much more concentrated than Canna base nutrients. I was always getting high 1200-1800ppm's with AN, whereas Canna at full strength is about 900ppm with additives. But even when adjusted to 900ppm it would still leave a residue. I think my bottles might have aged out and causing some of the problems.

You say its perfect now but its going to get really thick in there when the buds start filling in. Its probably going to look like one giant blob of bud. :yesnod:

I have a spreadsheet that I've made that will calculate all the nutrient costs for a grow. Its set up for Canna but I have the template rigged to be used for any nutrients. Just enter the amount paid for each bottle and the size on the variables page, then enter the amount of water and mL of nutrients and it will tell you how much for each nutrient, %cost for that bottle, cost per gram/oz, cost per gallon and a few other things. I can upload it if you want. I've put a lot of work into it building the template to calculate all of this stuff. I even color coded it so that you input data in the green boxes and the calculations come up in the gray boxes.

Heres an older screen shot

Cool spreadsheet , i keep a actual written journal for my grows and record all amounts used,temps,RH, and PPM&PH levels and such things. Then i calculate the costs based on what i paid per ml for each and just add up the end cost.

I Still cannot understand your salt build up issues, maybe if i was using the entire line of AN additives i'd have that issue, but the additives i'm using now are the same ones i have been using for almost 5 years and have had 0 issues with build up(well first time using rhino skin), I mean i do get some build up, but no more than i had with technaflora or GH products. Its more likely your issue is specific to your conditions, as i have NEVER had that problem, only a slight film in my res after a entire flower period. The only time my PPM goes up is due to high res temps and accelerated evaporation causing a higher concentration in the remaining water,which in turn can lead to more build up, but these days i've pretty much eliminated that issue as well. On average i see a 10-40 ppm rise over a week due to evaporation(my ppm readings are based off the 500 scale)

My last grow with the brainstorm i used Canna Aqua for 2/3rds of the grow and did not notice any less build up than i normally do, but i was using some AN additives so it probably accounts for that observation. As i said for me i don't think this is an issue as i have not had a build up problem with any brand i've used. But there is a first time for everything so i will keep an eye out for any problems. (fingers crossed lol)

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #723878 - 03/30/14 01:59 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I used sensi + big bud, bud candy, overdrive, voodoo and I think that was it. I always kept the lid on the tank and there was always a slime/sludge coating the res tank by the end of the week, needing a good scrub every tank. I've let Canna go without washing the tank for 4 weeks and even then there was only an ever so slight residue that washed right away.

Heres the moment I decided to switch it up. Getting too much like that after a few days even.

Vinegar breaks the salts up for easier cleaning. I used to try and scrub it off but soaking it works wonders on those crusties.

I've attached the spreadsheet in a .Rar file

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #723881 - 03/30/14 02:12 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

You can expand that spreadsheet to include a ppm/pH/temp log as well then have the program build the graph for you automatically as you enter data day to day.  I just have the one pH/ppm for the drip to waste.

The spreadsheet should save you a lot of time doing all that math, I have it set to tell you the cost of things as you put in the data. On the Vars page you can set the price and size bottle to get all that, then fill in rate and time and amount of water each week and it will give you an estimated total nutrient costs. I can't use that estimate because of how my tank is set up, but you'd be set with your hydro setup--just as long as you get the rate and time for each bottle correct.

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#723884 - 03/30/14 02:22 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

That pic is nasty, i've never seen anything like that personally. Hell i don't clean my res till after i have finished a crop, and i don't get that kinda buildup, i could probably fill a shot glass or two with the residue i clean out of my res but thats it. Thanks for the Spreadsheet, i'll give it a look over, did u make it in Excel?

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#723951 - 03/30/14 07:33 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Well i just got some REALLY depressing news, i live in a semi detached home, and the house thats attached had a minor fire today and tomorrow i have to have all the wireing and structure we share inspected...I'm sure you can guess what that means...everything is being pulled, and packed up until a time when its safe to start again. Not too big of a deal, i have enough personal smoke to last me about a year, so i won't have to buy any....just a bummer is all. Although my room is on the other side of my home, i'm not going to risk my carrear and freedom for weed. lol

So any mods who read this can close this journal.

Happy growing guys, and i hope to see ya all around when i return with my new grow.

Cheers
Bud

--------------------

OfflineBluntguY 207
That Guy
 User Gallery

Loc: North East Coast Flag
    #723992 - 03/31/14 07:11 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Man!  That is my worst nightmare.... to pack up the nursery for a while.:suicide:

Better to play it safe though.  GOOD LUCK getting everything concealed and hidden.

--------------------
"Self sufficient medical marijuana patient"

"I should be sponsered by Swisher Sweets":gethigh:

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

Re: Bud's 1000w GrapeGod grow. [Re: BluntguY 207]
    #724030 - 03/31/14 10:56 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

BluntguY 207 said:
Man!  That is my worst nightmare.... to pack up the nursery for a while.:suicide:

Better to play it safe though.  GOOD LUCK getting everything concealed and hidden.

Thanks, it only took me a couple hours to get the tent and system busted down and packed away, thought i was gonna cry when i chopped the plants. lol So the building inspector shows up this moring, spends an hour next door going over the fire damage to the common wall on their side, then comes to my place, spends a grand total of 4 minutes looking over my side of the wall and says "its good" ffs i felt like shooting myself. lol but its better to air on the side of caution with this sort of thing..So i'll make this into an opportunity, I was going to move my current GG mom to a friends, but I decided to do away with my femmed grapegod mother and sex out a proper GG mother from 5 regular seeds i have. Once i get my flower tent setup after sexing a new mom and when its ready to clone from i'll be back and start my 2 GG comparison grows over again...really does suck i was super excited about this grow. O well.  :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

#724035 - 03/31/14 11:18 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry to hear about your loss...  Any idea what started the fire?

better safe then sorry tho :thumbup:

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

Re: Bud's 1000w GrapeGod grow. [Re: P-O]
    #724044 - 03/31/14 12:09 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

P-O said:
Sorry to hear about your loss...  Any idea what started the fire?

better safe then sorry tho :thumbup:

thanks man. bit of a bummer. This is just a hobby for me, so no actual loss other than the time involved.

The cause of the fire was a electrical short in a junction box. It Wasn't even on my specific circuit, only my neighbours, but since some of my wiring runs though the same wall they came to test my circuit and check my plugs along the wall for signs of arching or something..:shrug:

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #724060 - 03/31/14 12:40 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Thats so sad, I stressed my first few inspections. I just leave my tents up and close them and a bunch of shit in front of it and block the exhaust fan from view. From the outside its just a strange black rectangular box.

I have two tents side by side taking an entire wall up, a 4x4 and a 4x8, so when the 4x4 was in veg or not being used I unzipped the top and put a bunch of shirts at the top to make it look like it was just a wardrobe closet, with shirts on hangers across the face too. I've had a few apartment inspections with no problems, people aren't going to ask what you have in the tent, most just do their job and leave. Equipment turned off for silence, or music playing to mask the sounds of fans if needed. Incense burning all over the house help too.

The other day the guy who was installing new windows walked in to the room with the tents and carbon filter in plain view (been getting lazy) and the first thing he said was "oh, I'm sorry we had to come in and do this" then he hit the bong and told me about his plants. He knew because he knew the tent, most people don't.

As long as the smell isn't too bad, or you live in a non-medical state its fairly covert growing in a tent.

Sorry to see such a loss.

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#724083 - 03/31/14 01:53 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Thats so sad, I stressed my first few inspections. I just leave my tents up and close them and a bunch of shit in front of it and block the exhaust fan from view. From the outside its just a strange black rectangular box.

I have two tents side by side taking an entire wall up, a 4x4 and a 4x8, so when the 4x4 was in veg or not being used I unzipped the top and put a bunch of shirts at the top to make it look like it was just a wardrobe closet, with shirts on hangers across the face too. I've had a few apartment inspections with no problems, people aren't going to ask what you have in the tent, most just do their job and leave. Equipment turned off for silence, or music playing to mask the sounds of fans if needed. Incense burning all over the house help too.

The other day the guy who was installing new windows walked in to the room with the tents and carbon filter in plain view (been getting lazy) and the first thing he said was "oh, I'm sorry we had to come in and do this" then he hit the bong and told me about his plants. He knew because he knew the tent, most people don't.

As long as the smell isn't too bad, or you live in a non-medical state its fairly covert growing in a tent.

Sorry to see such a loss.

Thanks, for me i have to air on the side of caution, solely due to my job. If i get arrested for pretty much anything i would instantly lose it. And i like my job. lol

Its a sad day thats for sure, but it gives me a chance to get the last couple items i need to fully automate my grows, plus sex out a proper mom from my regular GG seeds. So its not all bad. And as i said i don't do this for $$, its my hobby, so i only really lost the time i had put into this grow...no biggy.

--------------------

OfflineNormlizer
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #725144 - 04/08/14 09:00 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

damn sorry to hear about your grow wild.  I ran into some problems that pushed me back a few months also.  Had to pull all mine also.  I had to start over again from seed.

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

Re: Bud's 1000w GrapeGod grow. [Re: Normlizer]
    #725224 - 04/09/14 06:43 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Normlizer said:
damn sorry to hear about your grow wild.  I ran into some problems that pushed me back a few months also.  Had to pull all mine also.  I had to start over again from seed.

Thanks man, it sucks when the unxpected happens. I have to start fresh from seed too. I did save the femmed mom i had, but since i am going to wait to start up again i ended up chopping her too. I Want a non femmed mom anyways, not really a fan of femmed seeds, plants can hermi from stress way too easy imo.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds