Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleP-O

Re: 2nd round of Brainstorm-1000w 4.5x9x7 Tent grow [Re: WildBud420]
    #699390 - 12/16/13 11:57 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

lookin healthy :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

Re: 2nd round of Brainstorm-1000w 4.5x9x7 Tent grow [Re: P-O]
    #699453 - 12/16/13 05:30 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

P-O said:
lookin healthy :cool:

thanks man! :smile:

--------------------
my current grow- GrapeGod
my Last grow-2nd round Brainstorm

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#700036 - 12/18/13 04:41 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

thought i'd give a quick written update b4 the main one on Friday, I should be getting my RO unit and 6' filter tomorrow, so i will get those installed and going for friday, also, i spaced out on how much base nutes i had and realized today that i don't have enough for fridays res change, so i hiked 2 miles in a blizzard to get to the road a cab will pick me up at and went into town to get some base nutes....and wouldn't ya know it my local hydro shop was almost BARE...no AN base nutes but their connoisseur stuff which is about $45 buck for A+B(1L), no way i was paying that...so i bought the only other base nutes they had, their own no name 3 part..cost me $25 for those. hope their are decent. Plants are looking good, but still a slight zinc prob from the looks of it, or i'm getting some light bleaching..I'm going to do a big root flush on friday, just  RO'd water with some flushing agent for an hour or two, then refill the res with fresh nutes. should get rid of any nute issues i'm having, though flowering is coming alone very well at this point.

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#700896 - 12/20/13 08:35 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

12-20-2013 Update! Check first post for pics.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #700925 - 12/21/13 03:42 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

That ggod is turning into a beast. You should flower that out like it is, take some lower branches as clones when you flip it into flower, there will be plenty of cuts you can take.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

Re: 2nd round of Brainstorm-1000w 4.5x9x7 Tent grow [Re: phychotron]
    #700947 - 12/21/13 09:46 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
That ggod is turning into a beast. You should flower that out like it is, take some lower branches as clones when you flip it into flower, there will be plenty of cuts you can take.

Ya she's a lil monster, if she was that big when i started flowering the brainstorms i would have taken a couple clones and flowered her, but i need 24 clones for myself for the next run and another 10 or so for a friend. So i gotta wait till this brain batch is done.

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#703239 - 12/30/13 12:18 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Updated!
Check first post

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #703252 - 12/30/13 03:44 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Looking nice. For the first time I've taken my ggod past 12 weeks and there are some dark purple colors coming in, if you can flower yours that long see if it will purple up.

are you feeding them any silica?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#703262 - 12/30/13 10:00 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Looking nice. For the first time I've taken my ggod past 12 weeks and there are some dark purple colors coming in, if you can flower yours that long see if it will purple up.

are you feeding them any silica?

Thanks Phychotron, i herd there's only 1 phenotype of GG that turns purple, when you say 12 weeks, you mean 12 weeks of 12/12? I decided when i get the GG into my system i'm going to do 12/12 right away. I want to see the minimum harvest, and also what the final plant height will  be when i flower that small, Does your GG stretch alot? i don't want to run into height issues again as the actual height the plants can grow in my tent is limited. Think my next major investment will be a Gorilla tent as they are about a foot taller than my current cheapo tent. I'm not feeding any silica atm, I'll pick some up when i get around to doing the GG. I decided to take your advice and switch to Canna Aqua nutes, I just ordered some to finish off the brainstorm with. I still have alot of AN's overdrive,big bud and B52, do you know if i'd have any issues using these with the Aqua Base nutes?
You should post some pics of your GG plants, i'd love to see'em, after looking over a couple journals of them i'm stoked to get them going.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #703313 - 12/30/13 01:47 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Ya its been flowering for 12 weeks 4 days. I was thinking of chopping it tomorrow night for new years.

It stretches a fair amount, but still tons of buds. I like it specifically for its leaf density, it seems like its stretched out but more like perfect amount for air flow and light penetration with large dense buds.

Check out the first run with the ggod. The photos are named by the day number in flower.

If you were to flower yours out right now You'd need a 4x4 tent, 3-4' tall with at least half a pound. Notice how much wider mine got, it has a lot of side branches that produce quite a bit on their own, double and triple layers of lower branches. I'm not so sure it will be best for a SOG grow because of that, but you have to try it before you can know for sure.  Your mother looks similar to mine, the branching and leaf density.

Awesome switching nutrients, you'll find its much easier to use Canna than Advanced. The impression I get from the two companies is that Canna is a professional nutrient company, and Advanced is a few guys who realized they could turn a huge profit mixing up basic chemicals. If you need any help with Canna you can contact them via their web-form and they will get back to you. I probably sent the guy fifty emails with multiple questions and he got back to damn near every one and also explained a lot of other things like not pumping air through your nutrients because its going to change the chemistry. He explained everything, how the coco works, cal-mg interaction, all that business. Advanced wouldn't get back to one question via email told me to call and wouldn't acknowledge that I didn't have a phone at the time.

Nutrient costs alone I have down to about $2.50 per ounce. The Boost is the most expensive but you don't need to use it as much as they say. Half strength works good. I get the 5L of the A/B and Zym but only 1L of the rhizo/pk/boost to keep it fresh.

You'll have to try and see how they combine but they should be fine if your just running a different base nutrient. Make sure to get the rest of the line for maximum compatibility when you can afford it.

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#703331 - 12/30/13 03:05 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Ya its been flowering for 12 weeks 4 days. I was thinking of chopping it tomorrow night for new years.

It stretches a fair amount, but still tons of buds. I like it specifically for its leaf density, it seems like its stretched out but more like perfect amount for air flow and light penetration with large dense buds.

Check out the first run with the ggod. The photos are named by the day number in flower.

If you were to flower yours out right now You'd need a 4x4 tent, 3-4' tall with at least half a pound. Notice how much wider mine got, it has a lot of side branches that produce quite a bit on their own, double and triple layers of lower branches. I'm not so sure it will be best for a SOG grow because of that, but you have to try it before you can know for sure.  Your mother looks similar to mine, the branching and leaf density.

Awesome switching nutrients, you'll find its much easier to use Canna than Advanced. The impression I get from the two companies is that Canna is a professional nutrient company, and Advanced is a few guys who realized they could turn a huge profit mixing up basic chemicals. If you need any help with Canna you can contact them via their web-form and they will get back to you. I probably sent the guy fifty emails with multiple questions and he got back to damn near every one and also explained a lot of other things like not pumping air through your nutrients because its going to change the chemistry. He explained everything, how the coco works, cal-mg interaction, all that business. Advanced wouldn't get back to one question via email told me to call and wouldn't acknowledge that I didn't have a phone at the time.

Nutrient costs alone I have down to about $2.50 per ounce. The Boost is the most expensive but you don't need to use it as much as they say. Half strength works good. I get the 5L of the A/B and Zym but only 1L of the rhizo/pk/boost to keep it fresh.

You'll have to try and see how they combine but they should be fine if your just running a different base nutrient. Make sure to get the rest of the line for maximum compatibility when you can afford it.

My main reason for switching to canna is because of the new system i'm using, and i have read that when it comes to recycling type systems their formula is best. Honestly i have had excellent results with Advanced nutes in my old DWC/drip system, and some of their products are excellent, voodoo juice,bud candy, big bud and overdrive are their best products imo, and i found their 3 part base nutes to actually be better than their sensi and connoisseur 2 parts.  when i priced out the full line of canna products verses the cost of what the AN products i like to use, the AN was only slightly more expensive. In truth all of the nutes i have used over the years performed well, the last time i switched from Technaflora to AN and with the same plants and setup/system i saw a 10-15% increase in yield, potency was the same. I'll be happy if i get the same results with the canna line, when i do my first run of the GG i will use all canna nutes if i can afford to. Other wise i still will have a liter of overdrive, 1/2l of bigbud and voodoo juice which i will use with canna's aqua.

that GG plant you had looked awesome, how big was it when you chopped it? Is GG a nute sensitive plant? the brainstorm i'm growing now is really nute sensitive.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #703495 - 12/30/13 08:31 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

It can take the nutrients and just keep growing. With Canna they mix up to about 900ppm full strength and can take that for quite awhile. I usually will give them plain water every few days but its pretty tolerant. Canna recommend that I don't add any microbes, that they don't like them because they end up competing for nutrients and most products are mainly for show, to use sparingly if I was going to add some. That might have been just for the coco which already has trich in it, but you might want to look into that.

You can get good results with AN but I just got frustrated with using it, especially for the salt-crud buildup on everything so rapidly. You'll notice Canna doesn't have that problem even after a few weeks.  You named all the basic package for AN, thats pretty much the standard mix people seem to go with.

Its hard to tell in the photo cause the outside is turning slightly purple but still green inside, so when the flash went off it made it almost impossible to tell, but the photo without the flash you can kind of see the purple tint. Up close there are dark purple areas.

I think it was about 3' total when she came down. Early on day 51 instead of letting it go another week like I should have.

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

#703668 - 12/31/13 10:02 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup:

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#703777 - 12/31/13 04:03 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
It can take the nutrients and just keep growing. With Canna they mix up to about 900ppm full strength and can take that for quite awhile. I usually will give them plain water every few days but its pretty tolerant. Canna recommend that I don't add any microbes, that they don't like them because they end up competing for nutrients and most products are mainly for show, to use sparingly if I was going to add some. That might have been just for the coco which already has trich in it, but you might want to look into that.

You can get good results with AN but I just got frustrated with using it, especially for the salt-crud buildup on everything so rapidly. You'll notice Canna doesn't have that problem even after a few weeks.  You named all the basic package for AN, thats pretty much the standard mix people seem to go with.

Its hard to tell in the photo cause the outside is turning slightly purple but still green inside, so when the flash went off it made it almost impossible to tell, but the photo without the flash you can kind of see the purple tint. Up close there are dark purple areas.

I think it was about 3' total when she came down. Early on day 51 instead of letting it go another week like I should have.

Nice looking plant man, i can see the slight purple colouring. Looks excellent!

I'm looking forward to trying the canna nutes, i hope i can afford to get the whole line up when i get around to the grapegod, i should be able too. My friend who uses their line also recommended to use dutchmaster's zone at 1/2 strength along with them, have you ever used this stuff? I trust his opinion i've seen his garden and his results are excellent. Still always helps to have a second opinion.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #703784 - 12/31/13 04:58 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Never heard of it, sounds like Canna's Rhizotonic

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#703788 - 12/31/13 05:09 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Never heard of it, sounds like Canna's Rhizotonic

He said it basically does the same thing as Rhizotonic, but its 1/3rd the cost per liter.

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#704033 - 01/02/14 11:39 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Had a bit of a scare today when looking in on my tent, yesterday i unplugged the pumps timer while i cleaned out the barrel filter on my system and forgot to plug it back in! When i looked at my plants today they were all drooping, except for the smallest 2 plants...seems i caught it just in time before anything really bad happened...update coming tomorrow!

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#704577 - 01/04/14 06:46 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Updated!
1-3-2014
check first post for pics

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#706179 - 01/10/14 06:02 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Updated!
1-10-2014
Check first post..

--------------------

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#708156 - 01/17/14 04:34 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Update!
1-17-2014
Check first post page 1.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies