Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFunWiThFunGuS

New Member, New project, need advice
    #201872 - 03/02/09 08:43 PM (15 years, 30 days ago)

Hey everyone, Thought if there was anywhere I could get some insight it would be here. Im a new member and have a plan for a room I am building and would like to know what you all think about it. Any input is welcome for this is an untested method for me and I dont know much about it. Anywho I will explain the setup the best I can without a blueprint. This could even be a circular room.

Vertical SOG Flower Room

Well Start by building a 6x6x? insulated room within a room, allowing for cold air circulation around the grow room itself to eliminate heat sig.

After all construction on room is done it will be made airtight by via plastic liner. Door will be built in a corner opening out and lined with mylar.

Lights will be 2 600W hps mounted inside a glass tube 2ft apart(one on top of the other), hanging in the middle of the grow room w/fans exhausting hot air through a carbon filter into the sewer drain.

The plants will be grown in 8 site vertical planters made from 3" wye PVC fittings connected one on top of the other in alternating directions(similar to the nodes of the plant :tongue2:) about 30-45 deg(subject to results) apart leaving some room for the plants to grow while minimizing the amount of light wasted.

There will be 14 planters in the room total. 3 in the corners and 3 spaced 1ft(subject to results) apart between the corner planters and 2 between the corner planter and the door totalling 112 plants per room.

Im still on the fence about which method of feeding I will use, I will either use a high pressure aero nozzle in conjunction with vertical NFT, or either one by themselves. Most likely for practicality I will just pump solution to the tops of the planters and just trickle feed them from inside the planter. Maybe after proving the system works I may try an aeroponic approach. The solution will be highly O2 saturated with the hopes of the splashing and churning of the solution as it falls down the planter will add some as well.

Probably use GH Nutes, unless someone reccommends something that works better or is more cost efficient. I have had good results with GH though so im OK with that for now.

There really isnt a whole lot of information on the SOG method and ever less about vertical growing so this is my compilation of the 2 combined.

Here is the Stats part that I compiled to convince me to try this method...

Lets say a 6x6 (R)oom with 14 (P)lanters with 8 (S)ites, That would total 112 SpR. According to the research I have done a SOG setup can produce 15-30g per plant if done correctly.

The setup is for a 1 wk Veg and a 6-8 wk Flwr. Since the closet is only used for flowering you can expect bud every 6-8 wks using one closet. With 3 ft of grow space between the light and the tips there should be plenty of room for growth. With each plant yielding 15-30g per plant, every 6-8 wks should harvest at least 3.5 lbs. Thats around 1.4g per Watt.

Now I realize there are some holes in the setup but I dont want to go too far into detail explaining things most of you already know about. Depending on how they grow I may add planters. Environmental controls will be implimented as well as eventual CO2 injection. And its pretty obvious about the staking issue. Those babies are gonna get heavy.

This is an experimental setup that I will be building soon so if anyone has any suggestions or critiques please inform me before I initiate construction. A penny saved is a penny earned lol.

Also the strain I was planning on using was either Big Bud or White Widow. If you have any better Strains that would be a better match for this kind of SOG system please let me know. Im all about efficiency.

Thanks and Happy Harvesting :stoned:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale