Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hempy Buckets [Re: lilmafia513]
    #234801 - 05/31/09 10:11 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Right on :hi5:

Again, Welcome

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelilmafia513
Stranger

Re: Hempy Buckets [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #235855 - 06/03/09 07:22 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Dude, I literally already had the Hempy Collective thread open in my other browser as I was reading your post. If you were indeed involved with that thread then I would certainly say you have experience! Wow!
quote]

if you were on the right site, im a member there, you probably seen my name in the Hempy collective thread somewhere..LOL!

if you are there frequently get at me, i got some good pics there i can show ya., and some great people to talk with about growing.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #236065 - 06/03/09 06:11 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Alright motherfucker, I had to re-pot my babies tonight because they were starting to outgrow their solo cups (4th leaf set after only 2 weeks!) so I drove to my local hydro store and bought a bag of perlite. I had them in organic soil and they were doing wonderfully, but I'm fuckin' sick of buffering soil pH, and dealing with compaction issues etc, so now I'm trying my first Hempy bucket ever!

Woot! I'll post some updates in a week or so.

Oh and one thing, I fucked up a little cutting my hole, so my res in the bottom of the bucket is only about 1/2" to 3/4" deep, will this still work out okay?

--------------------

Offlinelilmafia513
Stranger

#236079 - 06/03/09 06:49 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Is it a five gallon you are going into?

If you messed up, just use duct tape to cover the hole, or that shiny metal tape they use on HVAC duct.

Then cut a new hole.

If you leave it this way, you will just have to water more often later when the roots fill the rez. and suck it all up fast.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #236098 - 06/03/09 07:41 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

actually no, it's in probably only a gallon post or so. I'm a little limited on space so a 5-gallon bucket is too excessive, but this pot should be large enough to get it a good foot tall or so. I suppose I can transplant later, but I'll probably just flower it in this container.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #236328 - 06/04/09 09:44 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

After only 12 hours I can already see a noticeable improvement in my plants. I was dealing with some major pH issues (fucking store-bought soil :crankey:) and my leaves were really curling under from a bit of over-fert, but after only 12 hours in a hempy bucket the leaves are almost entirely back to normal, and the pH caused magnesium lockout has already made noticeable improvement.

I'm really excited to see how this progresses :grin:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #311789 - 11/07/09 01:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The point of the hole is to allow more oxygen to the rootzone. i water my hempys every other day, in plastic cups, every three days in 5 gallon pots.

I disagree, the point of the hole is to allow for drainage.  It's there for simplicity, it prevents you from over watering your plants.  Unless you're forcing air through your drainage hole the amount of extra oxygen it produces for your roots is minimal.

Quote:

Not true, you water until you see water come out the hole, otherwise the little bit you put in will be evaporated by the end of the day....

Again, I disagree.  Would you place a seedling in soil and flood the medium with water and expect it to be happy?  The same thing applies for a hempy grow.  Why would you water until you fill the bottom if the root system is no where near the size to utilize.  A.) that's a waste of water b.) that's a waste of nutes c.) that's a waste of time.  As your root system becomes more established you increase the volume of water you feed until the roots have grown enough to hit the rez at the bottom.  When root systems are small, smaller volumes of water are required to keep the plant healthy.  You go drowning a seedling in the beginning and you're asking for trouble.

Quote:

Bro, if you do this, your plants will die. You always check PH, if not the plant will not take up the nutrients needed. You never slam full nutes to a plant from the jump, always introduce nutes gradually to prevent burning...

Why?  If I know that the PH of my solution will be a constant 6.0 why would I need to constantly check PH?  Why would I need to invest money in a worthless PH/EC/TDS pen?  If you're worried about PH, buy some strips, check your solution, and go.  But if 8 mls of FN Bloom + my tap water = 5.8-6.0 PH that won't change much if at all if I stick with the same formula.  If my plants suffer somehow from a PH shift, they'll tell me, and I'll correct it. 

Quote:

I am curious as to if you even know who actually started this setup?
The mix does not have any special power to repel un-PH'd water...LOL!!

Do I know him personally?  No.  Do I know who started it?  I was directed to a thread on the now defunct hg420.com a long while ago.  And what the hell is un-PH'ed water?  All water has a PH, you can't "un" PH water.

I didn't start this thread as a specific guide on how to grow hempy, the first post in this thread by me is an OVER VIEW of this method.  No, I have not grown (yet) using hempy, my plants in my closet will be going through it though.  I have, however, read enough freaking hempy grow threads to last me a lifetime.  Everyone has their own ways of doing things, this method is no different.  The point is that it's an extremely easy, low cost, effective way to grow cannabis.  It's more forgiving then soil, easier to manage then an ebb + flow table, works in grow areas of all sizes, and requires a very minimal effort on the part of the grower to produce fantastic cannabis at the end.

I definitely don't mind people questioning me, I'm not infallible I make mistakes.  But there's no excuse for coming in here and accusing me of speaking out my ass, I certainly wouldn't mind discussing your counter arguments in a more productive manner and welcome all discussion on this method.  Now that I'm finally in a position to grow again I'll be able to add in personal experience to the book knowledge I have on growing hempy style.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlineshpongled
Stranger

Re: Hempy Buckets [Re: coda]
    #314438 - 11/11/09 09:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for all of the great info. I am sold on this method and when the time is finally right this is what I am going to use. You helped this noob find a great simple system. If there is anything I have learned from fungi its to keep things simple. Complex systems can be great but introduce more variables and with that problems.

Invisibleboomsaway
 User Gallery

Re: Hempy Buckets [Re: shpongled]
    #315552 - 11/14/09 06:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ive only done a couple plants with this method.

and ive found a few faults.

once the root system hits that res. it seems to slow its growth a lot.
each plant had a very small root system, although the taproot gets super thick.

also there seems to be a bit of some kind of bacterial growth where the water sits.

i also found that they respond much better if you let 10% or so of your nute
solution over flow out.

but still...a small root system. and i really think the quality is governed
by how large your system is

also. this method is not for the large crop.
it takes a lot of water and nutes. a lot of cleanup after overflows.

e+f is much more suited for commercial crops. oh and the roots go nuts!

so with all this in mind, i think a normal bucket with drain holes,
a nice fat layer of coco the bottom like 1-2 inches worth,
then fill it up with perlite. would perform a tad better.

now before anyone flips... id like to say that hempy DOES work.

im sure hempy put years of experience to the test to create this method.
And he has come up with a way to let the simple minded begin to understand hydroponics.

but is just that. a simple route to understand hydroponics.

once you get this down. go ahead and move along. there is always something better

again.... im not knocking hempy or his bucket. im just a thinker...

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hempy Buckets [Re: boomsaway]
    #315659 - 11/14/09 09:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

what do you mean by e+f?

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #315665 - 11/14/09 09:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ebb and flow?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hempy Buckets [Re: captain.koons]
    #315703 - 11/14/09 10:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:lol: derrrrr

--------------------

Offlinerevmn
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #424797 - 05/27/10 07:12 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i plan on doing a pictural hempy tek completly explained and showed so cant wait =]

Offlinelilmafia513
Stranger

Re: Hempy Buckets [Re: revmn]
    #478864 - 09/17/10 11:07 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Awesome!!!
keep the hempy alive and going......ill be around now and then :smile:

InvisiblePandor

#485715 - 10/06/10 10:05 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Does anyone have links to a beginners guide on this technique?

It sounds great. There was only one link in this post and I get an error message when I click it.

Many of the posters in this thread seem to me to have much experience under their belts. Can you please point a total noob in the right direction?

thank you much.

:smile:

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Re: Hempy Buckets [Re: Pandor]
    #486510 - 10/09/10 07:45 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'd recommend just searching around on this site (grow journals particularly) and Google.  The concept is relatively simple, and easily adaptable.  Here's what I do:

-drill hole 1-1.5" from bottom of 4 gallon container
-fill container with perlite (you can use varying ratios of perlite & vermiculite, which would probably help with water retention and cation exchange capacity)
-transplant a plant into the container
-feed with FloraNova Grow/Bloom until a bit runs out of the hole (I hate dealing with runoff, so I don't water to that point.  I just flush the plants out occasionally so salts don't build up)
-flush for ~1 week before harvest
-get high

InvisiblePandor

Re: Hempy Buckets [Re: God]
    #486572 - 10/09/10 09:54 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

God said:
I'd recommend just searching around on this site (grow journals particularly) and Google.  The concept is relatively simple, and easily adaptable.  Here's what I do:

-drill hole 1-1.5" from bottom of 4 gallon container
-fill container with perlite (you can use varying ratios of perlite & vermiculite, which would probably help with water retention and cation exchange capacity)
-transplant a plant into the container
-feed with FloraNova Grow/Bloom until a bit runs out of the hole (I hate dealing with runoff, so I don't water to that point.  I just flush the plants out occasionally so salts don't build up)
-flush for ~1 week before harvest
-get high

Thank You
Thank You
Thank You

I will look up some more grow logs, but I really love the post you gave me and your signature.

I keep coming back here once or twice a day, and it's amazing how fast I am understanding this stuff and learning.

I appreciate the help.

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#486603 - 10/10/10 01:27 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

:highfive: keep us updated

InvisiblePandor

Re: Hempy Buckets [Re: God]
    #486904 - 10/11/10 11:22 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not starting to January. So don't think I won't be all over pictures when it happens, it is just going to take a little bit.

I'll document it all and make a nice thread for everyone to view.

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#486950 - 10/11/10 02:59 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Cool, well stick around and hang out until then, learn ya some shit.  We've got a great little community here.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals