Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Do Marijuana Seeds Contain THC?
    #200370 - 02/26/09 10:40 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I am asking this question not because I want to extract THC from my bag seeds but because I am wondering if that's why Marijuana seeds are illegal. I was thinking about this when I was at TheGrowery's older, super-hot sister-site TheShroomery, since psilocybian-mushroom spores are legal everywhere in the U.S. (expect states like California and Georgia) and they are legal because of the fact the spores DO NOT contain any psilocybian/psilocyin. The funny thing is that mushroom spores are *very* easy to grow into psychoactive mycelium and a little harder to grow into mushrooms, thus making psilocybian mushroom spores silly to make legal.

Back to Mary's seeds, if they do not contain THC, then that means (in my opinion) that the Government would rather people have easy-access to psilocybian-spores than fertile dank weed seeds. If they do contain THC, then it makes sense to make them illegal [legalize weed for buying, selling, & possessing!], according to the format for the written law of mushroom spores.

So, do these seeds contain the magical but controversial chemical THC?

If you can answer, thank you and good night.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCody
Male

Loc: South East USA
Re: Do Marijuana Seeds Contain THC? [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #200576 - 02/27/09 11:38 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I dont think they have THC, they are illegal because they could become a big budding chick :crazy2::mushroom2:

--------------------
Also known as Heineken on The Shroomery

Offlinesnufkin
Male
    #200993 - 02/28/09 02:38 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Marijuana was discovered, it appears, in Central Asia, perhaps thanks to birds. Pigeons love the seeds of marijuana, and get a little tipsy on them. And this may be what tipped people off to what it was. It was probably purely accidental that this plant, this chemical, happened to be active in the human brain. But that’s no different from any other of the accidents on which evolution and co-evolution are built. The plant seized on this accident.

If you like reading as much as you are great at writing, the source will be a treat!

In my legal system, cannabis seeds are mentioned among the cannabis related products that are prohibited.

--------------------
Grows: 1 2

Edited by snufkin (02/28/09 02:38 PM)

OfflineSevenFingers
Yamabushi
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Do Marijuana Seeds Contain THC? [Re: snufkin]
    #201615 - 03/02/09 09:40 AM (15 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/pres/jat/2000/00000024/00000008/art00008 said:

A GC–MS method was performed to determine the total Delta9-THC content in both drug- and fiber-type cannabis seeds. Drug-type seeds were found to contain much higher levels of Delta9-THC (35.6–124 mug/g) than fiber (hemp) seeds (0–12 mug/g). The majority of Delta9-THC was found to be located on the surface of the seeds. Approximately 90% of the total Delta9-THC was removed by a simple, quick wash with chloroform. Washed drug-type seeds contained less than 10 mug/g. Separation of the seeds into the kernel and testa showed that the bulk of Delta9-THC is located in the testa, mainly on the outside. The kernels of drug- and fiber-type cannabis seeds contained less than 2 and 0.5 mug Delta9-THC/g seeds, respectively. Fluctuations in the Delta9-THC content of different replicates of the same type of seeds could be the result of the degree of contamination on the outside of the seeds.

In layman's terms; There isn't enough THC to warrant extracting the THC from them. You're better off to add your seeds to your salad and enjoy their crunch, or grow them out. There just may be a gem hidden in your pile of bag seeds.

--------------------
Stay High, Stay Safe.

OfflineBrianWilson
    #201775 - 03/02/09 05:36 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Yes they do contain trace amounts of THC. I never throw seeds or stems out. The immature underdeveloped seeds go in with the stems. I use a bunch of canna-trash and make butter or blender hash. I grow the mature ones out.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Do Marijuana Seeds Contain THC? [Re: BrianWilson]
    #203572 - 03/06/09 02:08 AM (15 years, 26 days ago)

If you filled a 5 gallon bucket with seeds you would have the same amount of THC as you would in a bonghit. (that's not a joke by the way)

There illegal because of what they can grow.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder