Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedfs

Things I wonder about concerning my first attempt to grow
    #159281 - 12/10/08 07:21 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I have, like Ive said in a nother post, 5 lowryder # 2 feminized plants growing, they are just starting to form cannabislookin leafs. There is a few things I wonder about it. so im asking all those things in this thread, sorry my poor english, im doing my best

I have some organic fertilizer meant for cannabis called bio buzz.,. it says these plants should grow for 60 days so how often should i give fertilzier to these plants? I havent given them any yet

For a autoflowering strain, how much darkness is optimal for these plants?

They are in small pots now but im gonna re pot them soon into containers that can take 15 liters of soil. This is ordinary plant soil bought at the supermarket. I have vermiculitte, perlitet and leca rocks also handy, should I mix any of these into the soil maybe? I was thinking of using a layer of leca rocks in the bottom of the pots like i have done with other house plants. and if so, in which ratios makes optimal soil

They grow under 400W HPS, now there is 50 cm between top of plant and bulb. i was thinking about putting them closer to the bulb but they are still so small and seems fragile, im worried about burning them, any advice here?

Ill probably have more questions as I go, any help and advice is appricated greatly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Things I wonder about concerning my first attempt to grow [Re: dfs]
    #159381 - 12/10/08 11:41 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I like to fertilize every other time I water. So for young plants its about once a week, older plants that suck up a lot of water get fertilized about twice a week.

I have never grown an autoflowering strain but if they are anything like Brassica (which is an autoflowering plant), the more light they get, the faster they grow. If heat/power isn't an issue I would give them 24/0.

I can't recommend supermarket soil. I have gotten nothing but shitty results from mirical grow and other brands they sell. Try out your local hydro store for some Happy Frog soil or Ocean Forest. If you have to use supermarket soil, I would add a bit of perlite to improve drainage, also, a layer of leca rocks at the bottom of the pots isn't a bad idea.

As for the light position; hold the back of your hand under the lamp, raise it very slowly until the lamp starts to warm your hand, don't go any closer to your plants than that.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Offlinedfs

Re: Things I wonder about concerning my first attempt to grow [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #160502 - 12/11/08 03:20 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for the reply,. i will find another soil before I repot them. Also I will follow your advice on ferts and heights.

as for light, i understand that they grow more with 24 hrs light and heat is no issue here but a friend told me that they needed darkness to produce stronger buds..? true or false?

Offlinejazzcatcf
midnight toker

#160506 - 12/11/08 06:56 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

As far as I know darkness during veg does not produce stronger buds.I think potency has more to do with genetics.But I do here you want to give 36 hours of darkness just b4 flowering to give the plants a sure sighn its time to flower.(that would be 3 consecutive 12 hour cycles)

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Things I wonder about concerning my first attempt to grow [Re: jazzcatcf]
    #160540 - 12/11/08 09:45 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

If you mean stronger high, than no, it's not true that darkness increases thc percentage.

I have never heard of a 36h dark period before flowering. Maybe 24h, but even that is way overkill. Plants know what they need to do when it hits 12/12. This is especially true with his plants, they are autoflowering, they will flower even in 24h light.

--------------------
* My Cab
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Offlinedfs

#160636 - 12/11/08 04:11 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

okey, then its gonna stay on 24hrs , at least for this first grow. maybe i experiment next grow

i found some bags of soil , it says they are all organic, contains 60% soil, 20% cow manure and 10% sands, pH 5.5 and lots of nutes i dont remember the name of , also says it contains some natural bacterias that helps with keeping bad bacterias away dn keeping the soil in a natural balance whatever that means. sounds ok? i haevnt bought it, just went to the store and looked what they had. i dont have any hydro shops around, im in the middle of the arctics in no mans land. this soil that was labeled organic was twice the price as the other soil I have.

would the cow manure make it so that adding other ferts is unneccesary.. like, can the soil get too much nutes.. nute overdose or something lol

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #161031 - 12/12/08 08:20 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I like organic soil mixes so that one might work out. Stay far far away from the miracle grow organic soil though.

The Ph of that soil you found sounds a bit too low, are you sure thats what it said? Soil can certainly have too much nutrients in it. As long as the plants are out of the seedling stage though, I highly doubt it will be a problem. You will still have to fertilize, even with a rich soil.

--------------------
* My Cab
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Offlinedfs

#161050 - 12/12/08 11:25 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

yea, around 5.5 it says.

i purchased 60 liters of this soil today. i noticed today that the roots in the smalls pots i planet seeds in grow extremely fast and had allready reached the bottom of the pots, so i re pottet them, they were only 6 days old and have only a couple leafs on them. goddamn this is a fastgrowin plant.

I saw on a website that 5-8 liters soil was recommended for a good lowryder # 2 growth, i gave mine 12 liters each.

But seein how fast they grow something tells me I could have used pots twice as big, 25 liters per plant.. but i hope 12 liters will be ok.

Offlinedfs

#188906 - 01/24/09 01:58 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Well its been some time now and its not going all to well. i ran into several problems along the way.

first my dog managed to kill a plant, and one turned out male. well that left me with 3 female

Well first of all I read somewhere that 6-7 liters of soil was needet for each plant. I gave them 12 each. However I ran into some problem. The soil turned very hard for some reason. The plant seemed to be dying for a little while. They seemed to be stop growing and leafs turned yellow. This was around new years eve. I think the soil was no good and that I should probably not have used clay pots. Also i may have overwatered in the beginning, i give the plant much less water now and the plant seems to be better off wt that.

SO I found some between 20 and 30 liters containers and gave them new good soil, using perlitte as well, Now every plant has lots of space.

The plants has grown slowly the first half of january and ive been worried. now its like 2 weeks until harvest time and i dont t byhink they will be ready by then. only the last week have i seen real development in the budding process.

im gonna see if i can upload a picture or two later today.

Offlinedfs

#188935 - 01/24/09 05:04 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

here is a couple of pics of the buds of two of the three plants i took last week. ill try to take better pictures soon

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#188946 - 01/24/09 07:00 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup:

looks good

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds