Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Loc: traveling
I need info on hash
    #294850 - 10/10/09 12:42 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've been searching the interwebz and strangely can't find any good info on hash.

I'll be buying Clarke's Hashish book soon and I'm sure that will answer my question, but I'd like to see what you guys have to say.

Say I have a pile of dry sieve that I would like to press.  Now I know that pressed is easier and more efficient to smoke/vape than powder.  I also know that pressed is better, more connoisseur than powder.  But what I don't understand is why that is so...

When you're pressing you're rupturing the resin glands, which leads to thc degradation, correct?  So why then is pressed better than powder if when you're pressing you're essentially making a lower quality product?  Obviously I'm missing something here and I believe it has to do with the chemistry when you apply heat and pressure to make the hash.

So any good info out there as to what happens to the chemistry, or why it makes it better, when you press the dry sieve rather than just put that in a bowl and torch it?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

Re: I need info on hash [Re: Fox]
    #294878 - 10/10/09 01:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I really don't think there's any chemical action going on. Perhaps when you press and rupture the resin glands you're simply releasing the THC from it's protective enclosure and allowing easier/more effective consumption.

Sufficient heat can convert inactive cannabinoids into more active relatives but I don't think the hash pressing process reaches anywhere near those temperatures.

I haven't researched anything in ages though so this is just my best assumption.

--------------------

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

Re: I need info on hash [Re: elcharrosays]
    #294882 - 10/10/09 01:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Oh and only the outside edges of the hash are affected by oxidation and degradation. If you notice the consistency and discoloration of a chunk of hash when you cut it open the outside is most times smoother and darker but the inside and majority are protected and unaffected. The process of pressing protects the ruptured glands.

--------------------

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#294887 - 10/10/09 01:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

right on!

I was just typing out a post suggesting the same thing haha.  Not sure why I didn't think of that in the first place..

Well I guess my question is answered, thanks  :bow2:

--------------------

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

#294894 - 10/10/09 02:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

but kudos to you for even contemplating such a thing

I'm so fucking tired of apathetic stoners (myself included) that just follow the path of equilibrated contentment provided by marijuana instead of applying it's potential to more intellectual aspects.

--------------------

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
    #294903 - 10/10/09 02:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Also, with pressed kif you wont loose some every time you load up a bowl or move it, its easier to handle

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#294910 - 10/10/09 02:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have a habit of wanting to know ALL aspects of the hobbies I partake in.

There are not many knowledgeable sources in my area, so it's good to know these things if the question ever arises right!  Or when you come across the know-it-all's who use big scientific words to make their reasoning come off as correct, good to know :thumbup:

so true nobody! I pressed some last night and the wind blasted through my window blowing it away!  Luckily it was already wrapped in plastic waiting to be pressed, whew..

--------------------

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

#294921 - 10/10/09 02:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

hahaha I ain't no know-it-all I'm just drunk and big words come out when I'm drunk

--------------------

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#294922 - 10/10/09 02:40 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

hahah no no that comment was not directed towards you.  I was referring to the ones that *think* they know it all and use big words to justify the crap that's coming out of their mouths.

Kudos back at you for the informed reply while drunk lol

--------------------

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: I need info on hash *DELETED* [Re: Fox]
    #295134 - 10/10/09 10:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Ero42oH2o

Reason for deletion: ima dick

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: I need info on hash [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #295556 - 10/11/09 09:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

be more specific with your questions and i will answer them.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#295559 - 10/11/09 09:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I believe elcharro summed it up pretty well :thumbup:

Quote:

elcharrosays said:
the outside edges of the hash are affected by oxidation and degradation. The process of pressing protects the ruptured glands.

I knew that by rupturing the resin heads the actives would oxidize and degrade, so I didn't understand how pressing and rupturing the heads would make a higher quality product than just dry sieve alone.  I just wasn't thinking, as elcharro quoted the actives are protected inside the chunk of pressed hash, duh..:facepalm:

But thank you and if I have anymore questions I'll hit you up!

--------------------

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#295820 - 10/12/09 09:44 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

dry sieve can be made into edibles, tincture, capsules, smoked,hash, etc... however time sieved and micron of screen  will greatly effect the final product though almost all with heat could be pressed. Hash too is better to store unpressed. And stored in the freezer afterwards as its much more fragile than unpressed. IT is best pressed when its to be used soon after. Hash with white streaks has molded. Molded hash should never be ingested. Pressing transforms the material chemically and physically. Heated , the warmed and some broken glads release psychoactive cannabinoids , and terpines(flavor) Aging hash deteriorates terpines. The cannabinoids once heated and released are exposed to air and has a potentiating  effect on the thc through decarboxylation.

Decarboxylation- Some thc COLLECTED is thc-A, also called thc acid. This has a carbonate molecule(COOH) attached, its a carboxyl group/acid. THC IS ONLY MARGINALLY PSYCHOACTIVE when this is attached. To remove this or to break the bond you use heat. When its applied(pressing/heating) the COOH evaporates away in the form of water vapor and Co2 and fully potentiated THC is left behind.  This increases potency because more psycoactive elements are available.

THIS process which always happens once heat and pressure of adequate hash making amounts are applied is why it deteriorates once pressed and is easier to store in powder form. But yea oxygen, LIGHT,  HEAT, AND MOISTURE ALL PLAY HUGE ROLES IN IT GETTING FUCKED UP.

tHANK YOU ED rOSENTHAL, YOUR mY tEACHER

--------------------

Edited by Ero42oH2o (10/12/09 03:01 PM)

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#295917 - 10/12/09 01:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

awesome thanks so much for the info, that clarifies a lot!

--------------------

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#296612 - 10/13/09 04:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

okay here's a couple questions...

Is there an optimal temperature at which decarboxylation takes place?
Is simply pressing "shoe hash" (wrapping in plastic, sticking in shoe and walking around) enough to fully decarboxylate?  Is adding secondary heat necessary, like wrapping the hash and put under hot water, or blow with a hair dryer?

--------------------

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#297340 - 10/14/09 08:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i wrap the dry sieve in food grade cellophane. Then i soak  1 piece of news paper cut in half. I wrap the cellophane individually in the news paper fairly tight but never is it wet enough to moisten the material. Like try to fold the paper as much as you can getting it as small as you can with out folding the cellophane. Put  packet on a pan/Pyrex and throw it in the oven at 150 for 10min-20min(i prefer 10).(kinda depends on size so start small and figure it out as too much heat/time could ruin it) Keep the news paper fairly wet and the steam will melt the glands together. (and even minimum plant material for lower grade) Turn the packet occasionally cooking evenly. Then during the last 7-10 min put a pot of water on to boil. When they are both done remove the packet. And fill an empty wine bottle with the hot ass water and seal very well. Place your packet after removing 1 layer of newspaper (if you want) on a hard preferably warm surface(cement,marble) and use your hot ass wine bottle to roll the packet flAT. Your left with a thin great block of hash after cooling.(in the freezer for 30 minutes)

--------------------

Edited by Ero42oH2o (10/14/09 11:41 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains