Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

Hash Oil With Stems
    #261939 - 08/08/09 11:10 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

If one wwere to be making some ISO hash-oil or BHO with stems only.

how many grams of stems would be the lowest one should start with to get atleast a decent ball for two people to get niceley baked.

ive got like 6 grams here so far...

--------------------
{{{WARNING: Nothing i say or do is real, I am simply a computer-bot, programmed to generate random responses and hypothetical questions. Please refer to my owners manual or contact my programmer for further assistance. His contact information can be found by clicking HERE }}}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: Hash Oil With Stems [Re: Engelsblut6]
    #261943 - 08/08/09 11:16 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I dont even know if you would get a visible amount of oil out of stems unless you had like a mountain of them

are they from really dank buds or middies ?

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

Re: Hash Oil With Stems [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #261947 - 08/08/09 11:19 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

both....

ive done an ISO stem wash/evap with only like 4 grams before and got enough for like 3 hits. got me high to.

you dont think like 10-20 grams of stems would get me a decent little ball??

--------------------
{{{WARNING: Nothing i say or do is real, I am simply a computer-bot, programmed to generate random responses and hypothetical questions. Please refer to my owners manual or contact my programmer for further assistance. His contact information can be found by clicking HERE }}}

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#262088 - 08/09/09 08:08 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Thats the garbage. And i seriously want to save everything. But that part is for the compost.

The Trash Hierarchy

According to thc content

Bud Bits and Pieces

Bag Shake

Primary trim

Mature Fan Leaves

Immature Buds

Immature Trim

Vegetative Leaf

" At minimum the woody parts of the plant should be sorted out of the usable material and thrown away" ~ Ed Rosenthal

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

Re: Hash Oil With Stems [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #263364 - 08/11/09 03:41 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ero42oH2o said:
Thats the garbage. And i seriously want to save everything. But that part is for the compost.

The Trash Hierarchy

According to thc content

Bud Bits and Pieces

Bag Shake

Primary trim

Mature Fan Leaves

Immature Buds

Immature Trim

Vegetative Leaf

" At minimum the woody parts of the plant should be sorted out of the usable material and thrown away" ~ Ed Rosenthal

man do u think i give 2 shits or a fuck what Ed Rosenthal has to say??

ive done this successfully before and ill do it again and again. lol

just leave it alone.

--------------------

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #263648 - 08/11/09 10:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

hey man....test it out... save up an ounce of plant material like stems, fan leaves, scraps..... and do a BHO extraction on it....then smoke it:dazedandconfused:...it will scientifically work but you will not get much nor an extremely pure product....

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Hash Oil With Stems [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #263665 - 08/11/09 11:35 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

You would get close to none if you do this :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

Re: Hash Oil With Stems [Re: Cannaboid]
    #263682 - 08/12/09 12:23 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

im not looking to get anywhere near a pure product.

and im not trying to make a bunch so sell or save.

but i kno 20grams of stems will get me way higher as a few good knife hits than as just a bunch of stems. :blazed:

and im not planning on doing it with what i had in that picture i was trying to figure out how much i had so far because im broke and dont have a scale right now, im going to save up a bunch.

i already have close to double of what was in that picture.

like i said. its just like collecting pennies :cool::thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

#263692 - 08/12/09 02:25 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Engelsblut6 said:
im not looking to get anywhere near a pure product.

and im not trying to make a bunch so sell or save.

but i kno 20grams of stems will get me way higher as a few good knife hits than as just a bunch of stems. :blazed:

and im not planning on doing it with what i had in that picture i was trying to figure out how much i had so far because im broke and dont have a scale right now, im going to save up a bunch.

i already have close to double of what was in that picture.

like i said. its just like collecting pennies :cool::thumbup:

hahaha fuck. i just realized i got this thread all mixed up with a shroomery thread.

disregard that last post.

:blazed:

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #263825 - 08/12/09 01:46 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
hey man....test it out... save up an ounce of plant material like stems, fan leaves, scraps..... and do a BHO extraction on it....then smoke it:dazedandconfused:...it will scientifically work but you will not get much nor an extremely pure product....

I have made some really decent BHO out of all the scraps listed above.
Never tried just stems alone though. But i have always saved all my stems, leaf material, and bits and pieces for making BHO. I didn't get big quantities but a good smoke none the less!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hash Oil With Stems [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #263827 - 08/12/09 01:48 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:

I have made some really decent BHO out of all the scraps listed above.
Never tried just stems alone though. But i have always saved all my stems, leaf material, and bits and pieces for making BHO. I didn't get big quantities but a good smoke none the less!

yes.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#264817 - 08/13/09 09:38 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i was just quoting Ed. We NEED discussion material from viable resources. Personal Preference is at your own discretion so let it shine free my marijuana brother and smoke THC in all forms. As long as I'm consuming THC and sharing it I'm having the time of my life, and it sounds like you do to.sorry for the misunderstanding

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

#265049 - 08/14/09 04:05 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ero42oH2o said:
i was just quoting Ed. We NEED discussion material from viable resources. Personal Preference is at your own discretion so let it shine free my marijuana brother and smoke THC in all forms. As long as I'm consuming THC and sharing it I'm having the time of my life, and it sounds like you do to.sorry for the misunderstanding

tis all good man. :gethigh: i apologize as well.

Thank you for the contribution. :thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by Engelsblut6 (08/14/09 04:06 AM)

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
    #265200 - 08/14/09 12:15 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

try making a little batch of cannabutter with the stems.

or let me know how the oil is.

:waddymelon:

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

Re: Hash Oil With Stems [Re: MFDoom666]
    #265495 - 08/15/09 01:16 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

yea ive already tried making cannabutter using only stems, wasnt worth it.

The hash oil however is 100% worth it. gets me blazed

:vaped:

--------------------

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

#265546 - 08/15/09 09:23 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I'm saving my stems right now for the same thing. I've got a pint jar almost full.

Yeah there really isn't much THC in the stems but there's a bit and it doesn't hurt to save it. What does throwing them away get you? Absolutely nothing.  You may not get the very best product but it's better than nothing and no one can deny that.

--------------------

OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

Re: Hash Oil With Stems [Re: elcharrosays]
    #266015 - 08/16/09 11:15 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

elcharrosays said:
I'm saving my stems right now for the same thing. I've got a pint jar almost full.

Yeah there really isn't much THC in the stems but there's a bit and it doesn't hurt to save it. What does throwing them away get you? Absolutely nothing.  You may not get the very best product but it's better than nothing and no one can deny that.

word. thats all im saying.

lol. thats exactly what im using, is a glass pint jar.

As soon as it full i think i will make the hash. and i never make it to sell, only to smoke so im not that worried. lol

ive got like 15 grams now. Getting closer.

--------------------

Invisibletsollost
Master of Mopery

#266445 - 08/17/09 04:23 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i did it with about an ounce or and ounce and half once.
i'm saving some more to do in a few weeks.
the quick wash is what i'm gonna do next for a nice pure first pull.
last time i let it sit for a few days shaking periodically and got a little over a gram over less pure product. it still got you blazed though.
if i had to throw a number out of my ass i would say roughly a gram per ounce of stems. and that's assuming they're nice stems with trich's still visibly on them because there isn't really shit for thc inside of them

--------------------
GUNGA GALUNGA

OfflineTheNewGuy
Re: Hash Oil With Stems [Re: tsollost]
    #273173 - 08/30/09 11:43 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

TheNewGuy's Method To Making Hash Oil With 91% ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL

materials:

Any Amount of Stems, Leaf, Shake, Bud, Stems From Bags You Bought, or Whatever You Can Extract THC From
A Mason Jar - I Use A 1 Pint Jam Jar For Small Batches
91% ISO Alcohol
12" Tall Pot
Stove or An Electric Eye Burner (electric is safer)
Zip-lock Freezer Bag
Scissors
Coffee Filter or A Very Fine Mesh Screen
Pyrex Pan - Flat Bottom (Big Enough To Sit On Top of The 12" Pot)

[COLOR=red]NOTE: ALCOHOL IS VERY FLAMMABLE, VENTILATION IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkorange]These measurements are by volume so you can make as much or as litte as you want. For this pictorial I will use only Two shot glasses full of scrap material to demonstrate any amount can be used to extract fine hash from trash.[/COLOR]

I start by grinding my trim and cutting the stalks into 1/4 inch pieces. Place the desired amount of product into a jar and add alcohol. Simply make sure the alcohol level is higher than the shake/leaf to assure that the greens are covered and completely soaked. The better the product the better the hash. If you used this method with buds, you would have a very potent product on your hands. A friend of mine in South Carolina uses this method on buds he gets because he can get indoor for $170 1/4 OZ. or commercial/brick for $25 1/8 OZ.

After that, shake the jar vigorously for 30 seconds to 3 minutes. Remove the lid from the jar and place a coffee filter over the mouth of the jar. Cut a tiny hole in the corner of a zip-lock freezer bag and place the hole directly over the coffee filter or mesh screen. Usually I just the corner right off to make the hole.

[COLOR=darkorange]NOTE: Shaking any longer than 3 minutes will result in Chlorophyll and plant sugars being extracted into the final product, which lowers quality. SHORTER TIMES WILL YIELD BETTER QUALITY OIL!!! [/COLOR]

[COLOR=yellowgreen]SIDE NOTE: Turn the vent fan on and boil a pot of water in a 12 inch high pot. Make sure the water will boil for at least 30 minutes and not boil dry. Also, place the Pyrex pan in a very reachable area as the next step will require Filling the pan.

Another way to evaporate the alcohol off is to use a fan. some people feel more comfortable with it because there is no flame around the flammable alcohol, & i don't blame them.[/COLOR]

Raise it above the Pyrex pan and flip it upside down. Now the shake/stems will flop into the filter and the jar can be removed. You can twist the top of the bag to create a seal so that the alcohol won't go spilling out the top of the bag. Now you should have a zip-lock bag with a drain hole in the corner, with a filter in front of the hole filtering the stems, leaves, or shake... and the filter should be filled with alcohol covered shake and has started draining into the pan.

Simply squeeze the bag and the alcohol can be easily extracted from the shake, and drip through the hole in the bag.
[COLOR=darkorange]The reason I like the bag method is that you can squeeze the hell out of the shake and not get your hands all covered in alcohol and wasting product. Simply draining the alcohol isn't enough for me, I want every last drop I can get so I squeeze... you can't do that with a strainer system.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]When the water is boiling and the bag is drained, place the Pyrex [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]pan filled with alcohol on top of the boiling pot of water. Monitor closely, make sure to use a low to medium heat. The goal here is to keep the water boiling so the steam lightly heats the pan the helps to speed the evaporation process along. On electric stoves I use the setting 5 and a half for heat.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Notice the golden rings forming as the alcohol evaporates.[/COLOR]

When the moisture is gone, the pan will be covered in a golden film of hash.
[COLOR=darkorange]I use a square pan, because it's easy to scrape clean due to the flat bottom. Rectangular will work nicely also.[/COLOR]

It is easily scraped with a standard razor-blade, and pressed or rolled for smoking. Scrape the hash from the pan using a razor-blade while it's still warm for easy removal. If it cools down, it is harder to scrape up and turn hard as a rock.

Usually if you just scraped it off the pan, then the hash is going to be very warm & gooey and doesn't come off the razor very easy. A trick I use to get it off the razor and onto the foil is, cool it down in the freezer for 20-30 seconds. You can just stick your arm in there or you can place the blade on the foil and place them both in there for 20-30 seconds, either way i cools down the hash and is more user friendly. Then take another razor blade and scrape it off. I like to roll mine into a tootsie roll shape, or sometimes a ball and store it on tin foil. This product is light, sweet, and VERY potent.

A second wash extracts too much chlorophyll and plant sugars. It makes the hash all gooey and green tasting. It can be done and is sometimes not too bad, but is always of lower quality.

--------------------
TheNewGuy on the bay

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hash Oil With Stems [Re: TheNewGuy]
    #273181 - 08/30/09 11:53 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

nice tek:thumbup:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

#273277 - 08/31/09 01:43 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

haha word, i use that same tek.

just made some like 2 nights ago.

:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflinePsYcHoDoUgHbOy
Stranger
    #310049 - 11/04/09 10:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

me too! i did a pull with just the bag that had lots of dank stems in it. this is what i got out.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Hash Oil With Stems [Re: PsYcHoDoUgHbOy]
    #310067 - 11/04/09 10:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you for showing that.  I didn't think you could get anything from the stems, I toss bags full all the time.  Not anymore.

BTW welcome to the Growery! 

Stick around man you'll like this place!  Most chill forums around if you ask anyone here...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
Re: Hash Oil With Stems [Re: Inverted]
    #310069 - 11/04/09 10:46 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

don't ask me.

:shrug:

welcome dough!

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Hash Oil With Stems [Re: MFDoom666]
    #310081 - 11/04/09 11:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Try quick drying non residual contact cleaner, or butane.

But the quest for fine hash production usually starts with iso for alot. Did for me :wink:

Just found WAY BETTER WAYS!!!!!!:crazy2::syringe::thumbup::sun::mushroom2:

--------------------

Edited by Ero42oH2o (11/04/09 11:08 PM)

OfflinePsYcHoDoUgHbOy
Stranger
    #311202 - 11/06/09 01:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I've been around the shroomery for a while now, just thought i would venture over here for once.

That pull was done with 0 stems, just the bag the stems were in! There was lots of kief on the inside of the bag.

I also got about a gram from the stems total, used probably about an oz of stems.

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Hash Oil With Stems [Re: PsYcHoDoUgHbOy]
    #312146 - 11/08/09 01:55 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ah that makes sense, I was wondering why the stem hash was furry.

Did either of them have a decent buzz, or just something for when you run out?

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

Offlineblueberry D
Male User Gallery

Loc: michigan
    #312183 - 11/08/09 07:24 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have made bho and iso extractions numerous times with bud, with stems, and with trim like fan leaves and such, and I do have to say stems are a waste of time unless you are hurting to smoke don't do it. I had over three ounces of stems alone and got 3/4 gram out of all them stems. So it is not a complete waste just takes alot to get a little bit. A couple grams of stems wont get you but a couple hits which will prolly get you baked as hell just not worth it in my opinion.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag