Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

Red Hash oil
    #266565 - 08/17/09 02:48 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hello everyone, as im getting closer to having enough plant material (mostly stems) to make some hash with,
im wondering if maybe Red hash oil is a better way to go then BHO?

Ive read that it works better with smaller amounts of plant material. it just yields slightly less potent hash, but more of it?

Can Anyone here maybe offer me some help with Red Hash oil?

ive got everything i need to produce it, but given the nature of the chemicals involved i dont plan on trying this until ive got all the facts straight.

this is what ive found so far...

Quote:

How To Make Red Hash Oil

If you have some practical chemistry experience you can try making red oil instead of honey oil. Red oil is not as potent as honey oil, but if you use the same amount (and potency) of marijuana to produce both red oil and honey oil, the red oil yield will be larger.

You will be working with chemicals that will ignite if not used in a properly ventilated lab. Do not attempt this without a proper spark-less exhaust system if you are not working in a lab.

1) completely dry and grind material to a powder. soak material in petroleum ether for several hours, but less than 24 hours. strain, saving the pet ether/oil mixture... pressing out the material thoroughly to get as much solvent/oil out of the material as possible. filter the solvent/oil mixture through a coffee filter.

2) extract pet ether/oil mixture w/ an ~ 4% sodium hydroxide (NaOH) in alcohol solution three times.

3) acidify the NaOH/oil mixture w/ HCl (diluted 2:1 or 3:1 with distilled water) to pH 3. filter the acidified mixture through a coffee filter.

4) extract acidified mixture w/ pet ether three times. evaporate off pet ether to yield red honey oil!

NOTE: this recipe works well w/ small quantities of material.

when dealing w/ large material quantities, replace 1) w/ ->
    - dry, grind and soak material in 91% (or higher) isopropyl alcohol for three days.
    - strain and filter, saving alcohol/oil mixture.
    - evaporate off alcohol down to ~ 250 - 300 ml of alcohol/oil mixture.
    - extract alcohol/oil mixture w/ pet ether three times.

* extract = placing two solutions in a separatory funnel, mixing thoroughly, and allowing the two phases to separate...
    --- given pet ether & alcohol >> (pet ether on top) (alcohol on bottom)
    --- given pet ether & NaOH soln >> (pet ether on top) (NaOH soln on bottom). same for pet ether and acidified NaOH solution.

* to make the NaOH solution - mix 40 mg of pure NaOH pellets into 500 ml of distilled water until dissolved thoroughly. then add 500 ml of absolute grain alcohol (everclear), yielding ~ 1 liter of the sodium hydroxide solution.

* white gas can be substituted for pet ether (verified) muriatic acid (swimming pools) can be substituted for HCl (verified) lye can be substituted for NaOH (verified).

it would be really appreciated if i could get some help.

Thanks Growery

--------------------
{{{WARNING: Nothing i say or do is real, I am simply a computer-bot, programmed to generate random responses and hypothetical questions. Please refer to my owners manual or contact my programmer for further assistance. His contact information can be found by clicking HERE }}}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

Re: Red Hash oil [Re: Engelsblut6]
    #266607 - 08/17/09 04:27 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Anyone have any experience with this??

--------------------
{{{WARNING: Nothing i say or do is real, I am simply a computer-bot, programmed to generate random responses and hypothetical questions. Please refer to my owners manual or contact my programmer for further assistance. His contact information can be found by clicking HERE }}}

OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

#266849 - 08/18/09 12:49 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

lame.

well ive got it all figured out now.

maybe if im feeling nice ill make a tek for you guys.

with pictures!

maybe.

--------------------

Edited by Engelsblut6 (08/18/09 12:50 PM)

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
    #266993 - 08/18/09 07:17 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

never even heard of the stuff.

let us know how it is.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Red Hash oil [Re: MFDoom666]
    #268162 - 08/20/09 08:55 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Neither have I.  I did a google search and clicked one time and found this though...

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=4017746

sorry if that doesn't help.  It's all i got.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Red Hash oil [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #268972 - 08/22/09 11:11 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

never heard of red oil, but there are a lot easier methods out there that return a purer product.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlineturn_on_tune_in

Re: Red Hash oil [Re: coda]
    #301448 - 10/21/09 07:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ive herd or red oil, but the guy called it cherry oil but im pretty sure its just made with more mature buds when the trichomes are dark.

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Red Hash oil [Re: turn_on_tune_in]
    #301535 - 10/21/09 09:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

stems are garbage.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Offlineblueberry D
Male User Gallery

Loc: michigan
Re: Red Hash oil [Re: turn_on_tune_in]
    #301589 - 10/21/09 10:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have smoked that red oil you are talking about my dad called it cherry oil also pretty good stuff better than that bunk green oil but not as good as honey oil in my opinion and the BHO extraction I think is way easier than what you are trying to do but tell us how it turns out.

Offlinephantom
Heavy Hitter
Male

#331627 - 12/15/09 03:23 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Never gotten good ass oil in my life, I'd kill to have a drop or two.  Anything hash related is rare here.

--------------------
"You got weed on your brain!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale