Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinekreg

What's the last strain you germinated!
    #849813 - 09/22/21 04:58 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

title.

Started 3 white widow fems 3 days ago, going to use them as mother plants for next year

you!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

--------------------
This site is dead and nobody here is even growing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: What's the last strain you germinated! [Re: kreg]
    #849865 - 09/22/21 07:50 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Medibud back in early 2017.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Offlinekreg

Re: What's the last strain you germinated! [Re: Data]
    #849901 - 09/23/21 07:37 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Data said:
Medibud back in early 2017.

Oh wow and youve been running clones from it since then?

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #849953 - 09/24/21 11:30 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Nah I haven't grown my own in quite a while.

That last grow produced enough so I had plenty for the next couple of years (I wasn't smoking as much because I was in grad school), and then I got a job that has a pretty strict drug testing policy, so I've only been smoking when I have a large chunk of time to detox afterwards. Since I don't smoke as often, and am a few hours from Colorado, I just get my flower from a dispensary these days.

In a few years I'll probably try to find a more relaxed employer, and maybe start my little garden back up with a fancy clone. :pipesmoke:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: What's the last strain you germinated! [Re: Data] * 1
    #849954 - 09/24/21 03:13 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Last seeds I germinated were from a personal chuck.  A chuck from years ago (Sour Dubble x Baox) crossed with (Cindy 99 x Apollo 13f4) from Bad Dawg Genetics, aka the owner of GLG.

I mainly just needed some seeds to use as tester plants so I could learn how to grow in coco.  Turns out, growing in coco is easy, so I've since bought some clones and moved on.  I put the plants outside once I was done with them, where they still lay, sad and neglected, barely clinging to life and wondering why the tomatoes and peppers continue to get special treatment instead of them.

OfflinePussyFart
Cannabis Cultivation Noob
Male

Loc: International Space Stati...
Re: What's the last strain you germinated! [Re: yoosername] * 1
    #849962 - 09/24/21 08:50 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Bag seed bout 10-15 years ago, mexican brick bag seed. never got to flower, dad would always seems to find and choppy chop shop.

5 months ago, growing seriously, afghan kush fem, out of 8 seeds 2 seedlings were retarded and didn't grow past the cotyledon leaves, one was a straight dud.

Offlinekreg

Re: What's the last strain you germinated! [Re: PussyFart]
    #852621 - 11/26/21 08:03 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

All three of my white widows died when I transferred out of solocups, that was the last time I use my house soil on plants that don't look like they will eat a person for food

Started a gelato fem a week ago in coir... it's yellow now, I'm thinking maybe I had it in a too bright of a spot maybe.. maybe :shrug: pretty sure it didn't get fed or sprayed anything. Decided maybe it was lockout from the anions in the coir (right?) so gave it a tiny tiny amount of calmag and herculean harvest (bone meal) to get the soil ph down and fix the anions thing-

started another gelato fem just in case last night. Hammers are doing ok running slow but no visible nute issues

--------------------

Offlinex7x_x7x
cultivando en la miseria
 User Gallery

Re: What's the last strain you germinated! [Re: kreg] * 1
    #852661 - 11/27/21 05:10 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

AK-48

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Doobee Bear

Re: What's the last strain you germinated! [Re: x7x_x7x]
    #852679 - 11/27/21 01:43 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I germed some female seeds grapefruit about 16 yrs back. Haven't grown in a while

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Doobee Bear

#852682 - 11/27/21 02:04 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kreg said:
All three of my white widows died when I transferred out of solocups, that was the last time I use my house soil on plants that don't look like they will eat a person for food

Started a gelato fem a week ago in coir... it's yellow now, I'm thinking maybe I had it in a too bright of a spot maybe.. maybe :shrug: pretty sure it didn't get fed or sprayed anything. Decided maybe it was lockout from the anions in the coir (right?) so gave it a tiny tiny amount of calmag and herculean harvest (bone meal) to get the soil ph down and fix the anions thing-

started another gelato fem just in case last night. Hammers are doing ok running slow but no visible nute issues

I always did rockwool cubes in a perlite wick system.

1. Take 1 gallon distilled water add 4-6 drops bleach
2. Wet paper towel with water and fold over seeds, place in zip lock bag on top of a warm location like your modem
3. Soak rockwool cubes in bleach water
4. Wear gloves or use sterilized tweezers and put the germed seed taproot down in the hole in the rockwool cube. If the hole is to big make a new one with a toothpick.

To construct the wick system go to walmart and get some disposable tupperware. Ideally you want  one shallow and one deep of same size. Get some oil lantern wicks and a bag of perlite.

1. Measure with the shallow tupperware enough perlite to fill jt and pour it into a tub to soak in your bleach water.
2. Take shallow tupperware and cut 2-4 slits in the bottom big enough for your wicks and thread them halfway through.
3. Add bleach water to deep tupper ware up to the bottom of where the bottom of the shallow tupperware sits.
4. Place shallow tupperware in deep tupperware, add rockwool cubes with seeds and then fill in around with perlite.

No lid for seedlings but it will also work for clones using a deep tupperware as a humidity dome.

I will try to dig up some pics. It is imperative you add a few drops bleach as the most common reason for failure of seedlings is damping off which is a fungus.

Offlinekreg

Re: What's the last strain you germinated! [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #852688 - 11/27/21 03:06 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I will try to dig up some pics. It is imperative you add a few drops bleach as the most common reason for failure of seedlings is damping off which is a fungus.

Now that i haven't heard yet!
What if i pasteurized my seedling mix before throwing in the seeds?

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Doobee Bear

#852690 - 11/27/21 03:37 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I suppose it can't hurt, but still a couple drops bleach in your water is a good idea. I just found the rockwool cubes in the wick setup pretty fool proof in terms of ideal water/air ratio. The rockwool cubes transpant right into soil or in my case I went to mesh cups filled with clay balls in dwc scrog setups.

Offlinekreg

Re: What's the last strain you germinated! [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #852691 - 11/27/21 03:46 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, those all look really good and i know you know your stuff I've just had my heart set on soil
Thank you

Offlinekreg

#854901 - 01/12/22 10:03 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Just started gelato no4 of the 5 pack ... man I feel like such a dumbass I mean my biggest gelato in the 2gal now is still looking kinda yellowy and clawy... I'm still doing shit too moist too hot with nutes I'm trying so hard to reduce reduce reduce reduce and then clean and get the bacteria and fungal and microbial etc out aaaa... No3 is still in a solo and it looks like it is dead on the path of damping dead. Idk what I did probably was drunk and gave it water not from spray bottle.. No4 definitely isn't getting water from anything other than spray bottle and i'm definitely attempting a pasteurization to the coir-soil mix before I put the bean in, going straight to a solo. Everyone please please please pray for me, my garden, my babies, my family and our medicine please please. Big pharma and the fed need to take their claws elsewhere we are fine with God and God's earth here even with all it's hardships. Amen and thank you!!!

--------------------

OfflineGr8ful frodo
Stranger

#854906 - 01/13/22 07:25 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

so i just germinated
x18 cider kush
purple moby haze x2 (moby dick x purple haze)
tatooine donuts x 4 ((layer cake x chocolate nightmare)xjawa pie)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds