Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMaui
Stranger
Another Newbie
    #848984 - 08/09/21 09:34 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

I've grown outdoors once. From what I understand I had an autoflowering variety and it started producing buds too early. I currently have 3 seedlings. They are outside currently, but a buddy has sent me an old grow tent he was using to mine crypto in. From what I understand all I need now is lights, a fan, and possibly a ventilation system. I'd like to keep the expenses relatively low to start off, and if I manage to keep interested invest more from there.

Given that objective, what would you do as far as lights and air go?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMaui
Stranger
Re: Another Newbie [Re: Maui]
    #848988 - 08/10/21 07:09 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Also, Is there a marketplace section on this forum that I need to unlock? I've been a member of the shroomery for years and after a period of time or certain number of posts you can access the marketplace forum. I got some pretty cool plants I think some members here would be interested in.

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
    #848989 - 08/10/21 08:57 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Moving plants from outside to indoors will often lead to an infestation.  I'd finish those plants outside, and get some new seeds for your indoor grow.

The tent is a good start, but you'll need an inline fan and lights at bare minimum.  Then you might need a carbon filter for the smell, you'll probably need nutrients, fans, medium, pots, saucers, and you'll have to pay for electricity.

How big is the tent?  That will determine the size of your fan and the wattage of your light.

There is a marketplace, but I think you need like 50 posts and however many days of membership to access it.

OfflineMaui
Stranger
Re: Another Newbie [Re: yoosername]
    #848992 - 08/11/21 04:08 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

The tent just arrived today. I believe it's a 2'*2 I believe. Closet size. Also the plants are incredibly tiny and need to be repotted anyway. You still think it's a risk?

Offlineyoosername
Strange

#848994 - 08/11/21 05:55 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

2x2 tent is 4 square feet.  If you go with modern LED's, you'll want around 35 watts per square foot, so around 140 watts would be fine for a 2x2.  Here is one option for a decent light.  If you were so inclined, you could also make a strip light out of 2' led strips.

Ventilation, maybe a 4 incher on a speed controller.

As far as bringing the seedlings in, it's ultimately up to you.  If you don't have an indoor garden to protect, you might be okay with taking that risk.  It could be fine, but with all the microscopic bugs that could have already infested either the leaves or the soil, I would personally rather just start fresh in that situation.

I think in a tent that size, height restrictions are going to be your biggest challenge.

OfflineMaui
Stranger
    #848995 - 08/11/21 08:09 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Would you mind providing a few other options on the lights? I ask because i once had a larger tent and I don't think the lights were adequate, despite having 4 of them. (old one was about 5x5x6'). Thanks for the replies!

Edited by Maui (08/11/21 08:09 PM)

Offlineyoosername
Strange

#848998 - 08/12/21 06:46 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

If you wanted a little more power, you could go with this one.  But it would be a tight fit, and is probably more wattage than you will need.  Still, you'd get pretty good coverage and efficiency running it dimmed, and it would allow you to upgrade to a 3x3 at some point in the future with the same light.

Older "blurple" LED's can't compare to modern ones.  Their efficiency has increased by quite a bit in the past 5-10 years.  You'll still find people selling old tech, so be careful what you buy, but there are many good lighting options out there now.

You could also go with cheap Chinese quantum board knock offs, which some people have had great results with.  Shenzhen Meijiu Lighting Co. and Kingbrite on alibaba have pretty good deals.  You will want to find one that ships from the US, however, unless you want to deal with long shipping times and possible additional fees.

Whatever you decide to go with, in general, the more diodes the better.  Ideally if you went DIY you'd want a bunch of 2' LED strips and a driver so you could make a strip light with excellent coverage and efficiency.  This style light would allow you to get as close to the canopy as possible, which I believe will be crucial in such a short tent.

OfflineMaui
Stranger
    #849008 - 08/13/21 08:41 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder