Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMyceliumslut
Stranger
Ppm question? When to bump nutes *DELETED*
    #828986 - 10/12/17 07:24 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Myceliumslut

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBig Bear
Earf Child

Loc: In Love, On Time Flag
Re: Ppm question? When to bump nutes [Re: Myceliumslut]
    #829033 - 10/16/17 06:42 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I'd err on the side of caution because of how small those plants are as well as your bug problem.  They obviously have plenty of nitrogen as evidence by how dark those leaves are.  Make sure you don't feed every single watering if you are in coco, because salts can build up over time.  Honestly if it was me I'd give them water for a little while and let them use up some of the nutes you've already put in the soil.

Just my 0.02 tho.  Burning them with nutes will fuck everything up for you especially for the bug situation.  Healthy plants do a great job of fighting off bugs with natural hormones such as chitin and balanced microbial life in the soil...sick/burnt plants not so much.

--------------------
:gd_icon:Still Alive:gd_icon:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #829039 - 10/16/17 10:38 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Stop watering those things. they're not growing or using any water yet. Your other clone wasn't rooted, maybe these weren't either and dude you bought them from is an asshole. Did you see roots sticking out of anything when you transplanted them?

If you got them off Craigslist its almost guaranteed to a scammer who has shitty genetics and just butchering mother plants in the clone market instead of flowering bud. There are seed vendors online that will ship to you. Google will hook you up.

I havent watered my plant (on the left) in a 1L container in just over a week and it will be another 3-4 days. Its grown about 4" in that time and pretty much doubled in size (height and width/bushiness. I use maybe 2 cups of water.

The plant on the right was watered maybe 2 weeks ago and will go another week or two until it recovers. I watered it really heavily before I left for a few days right when I transplanted and it has a green algae/mold on top. Normally something that can be remedied with a light mist of hydrogen peroxide, or better to let the medium dry out so that the root system can breath and develop a good balance between water-absorbing and air-absorbing roots. You need both.

According to Canna you should always feed nutrients to the point of 10-25% runoff when it has uses 50% of the available moisture. That ensures that it flushes the waste products the plant produces and keeps the proper balance of fresh nutrients. At that rate you should never have to flush until harvest. They say never use plain water. It had something to do with the Ca/Mg buffer being stripped away from the coco. If you do flush you then use a light nutrient solution and follow up with a full strength feeding.

In another thread you said you boiled your coco and rinsed it with hot water. Did you buffer the coco afterward? Was it buffered and rinsed and all that before you did that?

Can you stop making so making so many new threads about the same thing? You've got like 10 threads about the same plants. It'd be a lot easier to just have one thread and all the information collected there.  Check out the growlog forum and see about starting one and tracking your progress.

And to answer your question for a second time, you increase the nutrients when the plant needs it. Go read the last response I gave you about this.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineMyceliumslut
Stranger
Re: Ppm question? When to bump nutes [Re: phychotron]
    #829120 - 10/20/17 04:31 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

some really good advice, ill go ahead n start a grow journal  too keep progress . ive never  started a grow so badly i took your advice and haulted watering, they have doubled in size,havent seen as much  mite eggs,i orderd some eienstein oil n coco wet, ass well as forbid .  im not sure what buffering coco is?? you mean did i charge it b4 transplant? as i did charge    this is only my 3rd grow, so im new too all of this, in your last message, the pic of the plants,is the one on the leftready too be topped? imhesitant to top as i burnt the hell out of them with pesticide,i was debating tossin them,they are looking better ill pos a pic in a bit.

Edited by Myceliumslut (10/20/17 04:46 PM)

OfflineMyceliumslut
Stranger
Re: Ppm question? When to bump nutes [Re: Big Bear]
    #829125 - 10/20/17 04:54 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

iim assuming chittin is bug frass? i just got some,do you have experience or info on foliar application ? ive reseeearched it,but no where states you can

OfflineMyceliumslut
Stranger
    #829140 - 10/21/17 10:41 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #829181 - 10/23/17 02:37 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Those could be topped. Training is an art, you can't be told how to paint and expect it to come out perfect--It takes experience.

Buffering the coco, as in did you treat it with ca/mg after you rinsed?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineMyceliumslut
Stranger
    #829192 - 10/24/17 09:14 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Yes i see your truth, i decided to top a couple nights ago, heres a pic of today, i have topped once on most plants, one is growing slow, not sure if its doing to well, the stem is purple, i think thats a toxicity issue, i got some things to research
Pic #1
Yes i did add cal mag, as well as some base nutes,and gws.

If i may ask,  will these seedlings make it?
Sprayed with med dose of eienstein oil and coco wet, saw they where burned, sprayed again with water in hopes to wash leafes of neem oil lastnight, pic is of this morning

Pics 2 and 3 are of this morning, pic 4 is how they ised to look like before the neem foliar..

Pic #2

Pic #3

Pic #4

Edited by Myceliumslut (10/24/17 09:17 AM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #829196 - 10/24/17 01:22 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Those seedlings will have a better chance if you plant them. They look kinda tore back from the foliar stuff. Stop doing stuff to them and let them grow naturally.

They stretched out for a few reasons, low light, lack of wind, too loose or too tight of growth medium causes it too.

Some plants have a naturally purple stem, just keep an eye on it as it grows. Right now they're looking much better and are starting to grow. They've got a nice shade of green and don't look unhealthy.

If you rotate your plants every day you'll help them grow straighter. Plants always grow toward the light source.

--------------------

OfflineMyceliumslut
Stranger
    #829201 - 10/24/17 05:32 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I wanted to wait on transplanting them as i am unsure yet if they are male or female, they germed oct 4 [abt 20 days ago] i think you can determine sex at around 3 weeks from seed?

I have put seedlings closer to light as of today, will plan to keep clone tray more open so it gets wind,ill prob keep lid off at day, on at night or so...  ill be happy if they survive...
Ill never do this again..

I guess transplanting wouldent be too bad, i could just cut if i see male, just the 5kg of coco is a bitch to wash/buffer, id rather not prep coir if theres a male.
From some thtead on the internet, i read you can keep in rockwool cubes for a month and a half, just gatta snip offrotts carefully, or airprune, isince ive air prunned, theres roots all over bottom, i read also plants have better overall  root growth if the rockwool is highly rooted upon transplant.

Part of me wished i got fem seeds, i opted with regular as some say theyre a bit stronger/healthier.

I only sprayed as i have mites on my other clones [still]...
And wanted to prevent them from growing on my seedlings, there in the same rm so im sure there infested [havent seen any on seedlings yet]

I sprayed forbid on clones 2 days ago, they look well, but will continue ipm [avid,eienstein oil,azamax, bug frass, asprin,forbid,go gnats] in rotation, if i cant get rid of these broad mites with what ive got, im hopeless.

Again thank you soo much, your always spot on!

OfflineMyceliumslut
Stranger
    #829240 - 10/26/17 03:05 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

So they haven gotten better, in fact worse...
Do you personally think they pull through?

I will go ahead and transplant my best looking one! In hopes to save it.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #829250 - 10/26/17 06:30 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Best of luck. Its the foliar spray that messed them up.

--------------------

InvisibleKenInVic
Tuk U 4:20/24/7/365
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd Rock from the Sun Flag
    #829261 - 10/27/17 11:39 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I think you may be stressing them topping them so early as well.  Wait until they start to need feeding then think about waiting a week or two before topping.  These plants are too young for this kind of stress IMO.  YMMV.

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ppm question? When to bump nutes [Re: KenInVic]
    #829350 - 10/30/17 11:50 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

He gone...

People mainline plants remember :wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies