Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Coir, HPS, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMyceliumslut
Stranger
 User Gallery
Ppm question? When to bump nutes
    #828986 - 10/12/17 09:24 PM (8 days, 21 hours ago)

I feed a light nute dilution today [around 315 ppm], as i fed a bit over my last feed [ppm of abt 615], it seeems even at around 300-400 ppm feeds runoff is always at around 160 or so, i thought this indicated hunger as to why i bumped feed to 615 ppm yesterday, even with that , the runoff was substantially low.
I took some ph/ppm runoff sample after to days feed with my tds meter.
To days feed was at 315 ppm ph at 6

Runoff:
1. 185 ppm, ph at 6.2
2.167 ppm, ph at 6
3.209 ppm, ph at 6
4. 194 ppm, at ph at 6.1
5. 294 ppm ph at 6. [ this one is pic # 4, one of my smaller ones, im not sure if shes going to make it, i dropped a cord on her and she was at surface level of pot, i adjusted back to straight 3 -4 days ago, im not sure if its roots are damaged or getting root rot,i tried to get a bigger runoff with feed today by 2.5x but it fluctuated from 160ppm then to 354ppm. Is there a reason this is happening?

Should i be bumping up my nutes in this scenario? Or perhaps they going through nute lockout? What ppms should i be feeding these girls[.7-1.4 ec]? Any other reason they might be experiencing stunted growth.
My temp 70-80 f, humidity 40-60

I've hade these clones since oct 3 [transplant day] pic #5 and #6
Since then they havent gotten much bigger, i did have a mite issue [broad mites/cycle man maites] and have sprayed avid fo liar 2wice now. As well as a med dose azamax soil drench, as well as one diamactus earth foliar inbetween avid. I cleaned my veg rm yesterday, and nuked with heavy avid spray, followed by a isopropyl spray [removed plants 1st before doing so]
I tried to heat treat room to 120f, but only got to 111f so i opted not to.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Clone
2. How old are your plants?
9 days from transplant
3. How tall are your plants?
Abt 11 inches
4. What size containers are they planted in?
1 gal poly bags
5.What is your soil mix?
Coco coir coco tek 5kg
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering?
I have been watering with 1 cup a day maybe 1.5 cups every other day. I use ro water, i gave around 200 ppm on 1st 2 days, and bumped it evey day gradually
7. What is the pH of your water?
5.5.8-6.2
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NOK ratio?
Hng line up, coco a and b 2.5 ml, rapid start .55ml, cal-mag . 1.5 ml
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
Yes, azamax, avid. Diamactus earth foliar, alcohol water.
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
600 mh ran at 50% power veg.
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
20 inc
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
5x5
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
68-80 f rh 35- 60
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. What is the pH of your run off?
16. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
Yes. Cycle man/broad mites.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBig Bear
Earf Child

Loc: In Love, On Time Flag
Re: Ppm question? When to bump nutes [Re: Myceliumslut]
    #829033 - 10/16/17 08:42 PM (4 days, 22 hours ago)

I'd err on the side of caution because of how small those plants are as well as your bug problem.  They obviously have plenty of nitrogen as evidence by how dark those leaves are.  Make sure you don't feed every single watering if you are in coco, because salts can build up over time.  Honestly if it was me I'd give them water for a little while and let them use up some of the nutes you've already put in the soil.

Just my 0.02 tho.  Burning them with nutes will fuck everything up for you especially for the bug situation.  Healthy plants do a great job of fighting off bugs with natural hormones such as chitin and balanced microbial life in the soil...sick/burnt plants not so much.

--------------------
:gd_icon:Still Alive:gd_icon:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #829039 - 10/17/17 12:38 AM (4 days, 18 hours ago)

Stop watering those things. they're not growing or using any water yet. Your other clone wasn't rooted, maybe these weren't either and dude you bought them from is an asshole. Did you see roots sticking out of anything when you transplanted them?

If you got them off Craigslist its almost guaranteed to a scammer who has shitty genetics and just butchering mother plants in the clone market instead of flowering bud. There are seed vendors online that will ship to you. Google will hook you up.

I havent watered my plant (on the left) in a 1L container in just over a week and it will be another 3-4 days. Its grown about 4" in that time and pretty much doubled in size (height and width/bushiness. I use maybe 2 cups of water.

The plant on the right was watered maybe 2 weeks ago and will go another week or two until it recovers. I watered it really heavily before I left for a few days right when I transplanted and it has a green algae/mold on top. Normally something that can be remedied with a light mist of hydrogen peroxide, or better to let the medium dry out so that the root system can breath and develop a good balance between water-absorbing and air-absorbing roots. You need both.

According to Canna you should always feed nutrients to the point of 10-25% runoff when it has uses 50% of the available moisture. That ensures that it flushes the waste products the plant produces and keeps the proper balance of fresh nutrients. At that rate you should never have to flush until harvest. They say never use plain water. It had something to do with the Ca/Mg buffer being stripped away from the coco. If you do flush you then use a light nutrient solution and follow up with a full strength feeding.

In another thread you said you boiled your coco and rinsed it with hot water. Did you buffer the coco afterward? Was it buffered and rinsed and all that before you did that?

Can you stop making so making so many new threads about the same thing? You've got like 10 threads about the same plants. It'd be a lot easier to just have one thread and all the information collected there.  Check out the growlog forum and see about starting one and tracking your progress.

And to answer your question for a second time, you increase the nutrients when the plant needs it. Go read the last response I gave you about this.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineMyceliumslut
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Ppm question? When to bump nutes [Re: phychotron]
    #829120 - 10/20/17 06:31 PM (1 day, 34 minutes ago)

some really good advice, ill go ahead n start a grow journal  too keep progress . ive never  started a grow so badly i took your advice and haulted watering, they have doubled in size,havent seen as much  mite eggs,i orderd some eienstein oil n coco wet, ass well as forbid .  im not sure what buffering coco is?? you mean did i charge it b4 transplant? as i did charge    this is only my 3rd grow, so im new too all of this, in your last message, the pic of the plants,is the one on the leftready too be topped? imhesitant to top as i burnt the hell out of them with pesticide,i was debating tossin them,they are looking better ill pos a pic in a bit.

Edited by Myceliumslut (10/20/17 06:46 PM)

OfflineMyceliumslut
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Ppm question? When to bump nutes [Re: Big Bear]
    #829125 - 10/20/17 06:54 PM (1 day, 11 minutes ago)

iim assuming chittin is bug frass? i just got some,do you have experience or info on foliar application ? ive reseeearched it,but no where states you can

OfflineMyceliumslut
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #829140 - 10/21/17 12:41 PM (6 hours, 24 minutes ago)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Coir, HPS, pH Test Strips

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation