Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleWatermelon
Stranger

What do you do with your weed leaves?
    #827819 - 08/08/17 11:14 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Thinking of making an oil or something.

What do you guys do?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What do you do with your weed leaves? [Re: Watermelon] * 2
    #827820 - 08/08/17 11:51 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

shade leaf to the compost, trim to bubble hash, bho, food-oil, body-lotion. Preferred in that order. Full melt bubble hash is an amazing thing.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: What do you do with your weed leaves? [Re: phychotron]
    #827823 - 08/09/17 06:06 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Full melt bubble hash is an amazing thing.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisibleWatermelon
Stranger

#827828 - 08/09/17 11:21 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
shade leaf to the compost, trim to bubble hash, bho, food-oil, body-lotion. Preferred in that order. Full melt bubble hash is an amazing thing.

Cool. Get any teks?

--------------------

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: What do you do with your weed leaves? [Re: Watermelon]
    #827830 - 08/09/17 07:01 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I juice mine, weed juice is fucking amazing.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What do you do with your weed leaves? [Re: yoosername]
    #827833 - 08/09/17 08:46 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I used to give my cat fan leaves. He loved eating them for some reason lol.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What do you do with your weed leaves? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #827834 - 08/09/17 09:35 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
I used to give my cat fan leaves. He loved eating them for some reason lol.

I have to give my cat a sacrificial plant because he's always nosing into the tent to chew the leaves when I'm working. I attribute it to him trying to help me trim the plants up.  He will walk right past catnip for it.

Bubble hash tek's, well, not any links directly but the best stuff I ever made I used dry ice.

Break it up, let it sit in the bubble bags without water for half an hour or so then shake it to get the kief off.  Slowly add water and stir for 5-10 minutes. Drain and clean the bags, retry 2-3 for any leavings. Each time you do it your breaking down more plant material and it looks like you keep getting tons but its a higher ratio of plant material each time.  I only use the sift and catch bags, not a bunch of middle screens. Middle screens tend to be a waste of time unless your making a lot. So like 3 bags, 50 to catch the main hash, 150 to  catch the larger stuff with more plant material in it. And above 200 is the leaf that could be used to make weak edibles if your pushing pennies, but I toss.

Don't buy cheap bags.
The best bags tend to be all mesh, as the inside liner on the cheap ebay bags I bought flakes off with use (fold the bag for storage, wrinkled around the top of a bucket, etc)
5 gallon bags are always too small. 20 gallon bags are where its at.
All mesh is expensive, so people get the 'work' bag, 200 all mesh and the rest with solid sides.

The last bag needs to be squeezed out. Be gentle to not smash the hash too much

Be mindful and don't throw good thc down the drain.

Drying is the important part. It has to be dried as fast as possible to achieve the best results. The best I've dried was when I made about a golf ball size chunk, gave it a good squeeze to dry it out to where I was able to handle it. I twisted the bag up and stuck the ball out my sunroof on a 95 degree day. Drove 5 hours doing 70, broke it up into 3-4 smaller chunks about half way by giving it one gentle squeeze. By the time I arrived it was full melt and very stoney. Blonde inside and out.

I sent a bubbler around a circle of 60 and I was amazed at how far it was going, even past half way. I thought I was going to have to repack it when it got to me but it still had quite a bit to it so I sent it on. I estimated around 100 people hit it. It wasn't a tremendously huge bowl, just that it burns so well.

The next time I made it I stuck it in my output fan ducting and the next day it was still a bit moist and had started to brown from oxidation. The key is to dry it as fast as possible. Some people will use a cheese grater over cardboard but I've never tried it.

You'll know its good when you break it open and its the same blonde color inside and out.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#827841 - 08/10/17 11:59 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Pressing in chunks is a good way to ruin bubble. Never press in chunks to leave as it is impossible to dry as u create a wax membrane around moist hash.. cant dry.

Proper way is to crumble through strainer or microplane. Allow to dry on csrboard in small 2mm max peices. There is no reason to press hash unless ur shipping. Keep cold. If it gums up after allowed to dry thats ok just dont keep gummy chunks like phycotron suggested as ur garuanteed to get that all to ubiquitos mildew degraded old bud hash smell.

InvisibleWatermelon
Stranger

Re: What do you do with your weed leaves? [Re: Theman]
    #827848 - 08/11/17 01:11 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Just tried to make ice bubble hash with leaves and coffee filter and strainer. And failed badly. Didnt get any resin what so ever..

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #827849 - 08/11/17 01:35 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

How much leaves and what kind of leaf? Are they big sunleaves or the small sticky sugar leaves that you trim off the bud?

A strainer has openings that are way bigger than a 200 micron work bag, so you'll get a ton of leaf material in the strained water. A coffee filter typically averages about 20 micron, which is smaller than the finest filter bags that I've seen (they usually bottom out at 25 micron), so You'll also retain a lot of small undesirables in the final product.

But if you only have a few ounces of sun leaves, you probably won't get many trichome heads from that...mostly wet leaf mush.

Sorry mang :shrug: better luck next time.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What do you do with your weed leaves? [Re: Data]
    #827854 - 08/11/17 11:19 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Ya when is resin on large leaves its not capitate stalked so doesnt come off normal "crystals". However solvent extraction u will always get something off leaves with thc or likely little to none. We based the type of trichome and thc on 1 study and a partial 2nd if i am not mistaken and i thi k annectodically alot of our common knowledge of trichomes and drug production isnt 100% accurate. Largely yes but more to learn is the point. Same as acid of thc having no effects orally which of course is untrue while yes decarbed is more potent.

And of course the testing of teen leaves for cbd thc ratios would be the proof behind the idea not all is produced on capitate stalked trichs.this has been done for several years since the cbd craze if u will particularly with cali breeders searching for cbd cuts without growing them out.

Edited by Theman (08/11/17 11:26 PM)

InvisibleSp33dfreak
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.A Flag
    #827860 - 08/12/17 01:13 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Watermelon said:
Just tried to make ice bubble hash with leaves and coffee filter and strainer. And failed badly. Didnt get any resin what so ever..

Well that sucks!

Tell you what, first go on eBay an get a 4 or 5 bag set of all mesh 5 gallon bubble bags any brand, whatever you can afford. I'm happy with a cheap $25 5 bag set.

Now, follow these instructions exactly http://www.bubblebag.com/instructions/bubblebag_detailed.php

Personally, I just do smaller runs, about 4-5 ounces sugar trim. Usually end up with 10-20 grams of delicious hash when I'm done, depends on how sugary your trim is. And don't fucking stir with a drill and paint mixer...do it by hand with a wooden or plastic spoon!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates