Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleKenInVic
Tuk U 4:20/24/7/365
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd Rock from the Sun Flag
Ramping Up for First Flight
    #826555 - 06/19/17 05:02 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Newbie slowly getting ready to venture out on first project.  I will be going indoor, hydro from seed.

My tent kit has arrived from the vendor and appears complete other than I still have to decide where it will reside.  Can I germinate and veg successfully without the tent as long as I have it up and running in time for flowering?  The following is what I'm contemplating doing.  Input sought.  Note: no more than 6 plants on the go at any stage.

Lamps: 7 x 2' 24W 6400K T5HO on 16/8 cycle, I have some 2700K tubes that can be swapped out as required

My thoughts are to use coco jiffy pots for germination, skipping any preliminary steps (i.e. paper towel soak) other than possibly the overnight float.  Basically saturate the jiffy pots and sow.  As seedlings appear, water and feed as required, moving the seedlings to 6" coco-filled transplant able coco pots when they have developed a reasonable root system for the remainder of vegging cycle.  I'm expecting 4 to 5 weeks (or as soon as I can reasonably sex them) from sowing until I'll want/be able to trigger flowering.  At that time I would hope I have the tent set up and dialed in ready to go.  The vegged plants would go, coco pot and all, into waiting coco-filled 10" hydro buckets for the remainder of their journey.

My rationale for the transplant able coco pots for vegging is the inherent air pruning of the roots which disappears as soon as the pot is transplanted into the new medium.  Also, this kit came with a Nano-Dome nursery, if it's of any use growing from seed and not clones.  I suspect it may come in handy retaining humidity in the early stage though I'm no scientist yet.

Edited by KenInVic (06/19/17 07:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds