Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTheSavior
Stranger
 User Gallery
First Grow, Coco, Outdoor. Flowering Questions. Gurus! Please help
    #667756 - 04/26/13 07:40 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Hello everyone :smile:

I have started my first grow of Kandy Kush, Amnesia Haze and NL Auto.
They are grown in Coco, I water them daily using sense of pot weight. I dissolved 4 grams 19:19:19 fertilizer in 1 liter of water for 5 days a week. They are responding beautifully and the watering solution is 900ppm and tap water is 300 ppm.

I have them growing outside, currently I have 12hours of light daily. with extreme heat in the morning and cold at night. in two month time I will have 13.5 hours of light per day, this makes me wonder If the plant might revert back to vegetation midway through flowering. also due to the urban environment in which they are grown, the night isn't 100% dark, there are very faint light reflections coming from nearby street lights and the moon.

1) Will the plants revert back to vegetation when the days become longer ? if yes whats the maximum amount of light in the flowering phase?

2) Are these lights harmful? cuz I can't remove them.

3) Do you think I'm such a smartass cause I anticipated this and ordered the Auto strain to ensure i'll be making a harvest anyway ?

4) Have you experienced the sun in the middle-east, what do u think my harvest will be like ?

5) Is it cool if I remove the males from the batch and take a cutting to keep mothers, or should I just pollinate a few buds to make numerous seeds ?

6) How much ppm is ideal for coco ?

7) I am thinking of improvising an aeroponic setup to speed up vegetation then transplant them to soil when they start to get bigger than I can handle transporting them to their final location. pitch in on this idea

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Grow, Coco, Outdoor. Flowering Questions. Gurus! Please help [Re: TheSavior]
    #668946 - 05/03/13 10:41 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

1) Will the plants revert back to vegetation when the days become longer ? if yes whats the maximum amount of light in the flowering phase?

Yes they will revert. The amount of light will change from strain to strain. Some strains come from close to the equator and some don't. Mainly sativas from close to the equator and indicas further north where the winters come sooner and flowering has to finish earlier in the year. Sooooooo they react to the difference in light hours sooner then a sativa would.

Quote:

2) Are these lights harmful? cuz I can't remove them.

Any light during the night period of the flowering phase is bad.

Quote:

3) Do you think I'm such a smartass cause I anticipated this and ordered the Auto strain to ensure i'll be making a harvest anyway ?

No, better safe then sorry.

Quote:

4) Have you experienced the sun in the middle-east, what do u think my harvest will be like ?

No idea what sun in the middle east is like and God willing I'll never find out.

Quote:

5) Is it cool if I remove the males from the batch and take a cutting to keep mothers, or should I just pollinate a few buds to make numerous seeds ?

If you don't have a place to grow indoors you have to do seeds cause doing mother plants is out.

Quote:

6) How much ppm is ideal for coco ?

Also changes from strain to strain. Some solutions that will kill some plants are nothing to others. Usually indicas can handle a little more but that answer is going to change from grower to grower.

as far as the amount to use in coir I can't tell ya that. I hate coir with a passion and my exp with it is limited.

Quote:

7) I am thinking of improvising an aeroponic setup to speed up vegetation then transplant them to soil when they start to get bigger than I can handle transporting them to their final location. pitch in on this idea

I'd go directly to soil. 3 reasons. 1. It's not going to be that much faster. 2. No need to babysit a hydro system. 3. Less chance of transplant shock if you don't have to transplant to begin with. Esp when transplanting form a hydro set up to soil.

Sorry so late to answer this just saw it.

:happyweed::shrug:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation