Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Crystal THC. 97.3% cannabinoids
    #824098 - 02/24/17 05:27 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

97.13% THCA; 85.18% THC.

$40 a gram at the local shop. Apparently it goes for upwards of $200 in southern California. I believe it cause just up the road an hour or so I can pay $80 for a gram of oil that cost $20 locally.

I used various macro lens configurations but its really tough to get photos of anything when your that close. The cheap optics start to loose resolution the more you zoom in. I was in the window and the clouds kept changing the light. Not much to look at but fun to smoke. Easy to handle and melts when heated. Fairly flavor neutral but still distinct.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: Crystal THC. 97.3% cannabinoids [Re: phychotron]
    #824100 - 02/24/17 05:48 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I've been smoking this stuff for the past month man, a little pricey but the high is stupendous.

What shop did you get that in? The only shop that carries sells it for 80$ a gram like your post said.

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Crystal THC. 97.3% cannabinoids [Re: Sham87]
    #824110 - 02/24/17 08:33 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Olympia

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #824111 - 02/24/17 09:07 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

$200 a gram?

:trololol:

I can get some bomb clear that's 97% THC for $60 a gram.

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Crystal THC. 97.3% cannabinoids [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #824132 - 02/25/17 06:15 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

How is it 97 thca and 85 thc? 85% thc once decarboxylated? In canada its called distilate or the clear no real flavor and liquid. And 90 something thc. Imagine similar but dried even firther of terps and oils? They dont need primo starting material as there is no terps and isolate just thc so think could be why its a bit cheaper..

But that stuff looks suspiciously similar to jwh. Hows the smell? Jwh is light yellowish powder. Something to think about at least. As thc is oil so need extra work to get it to that texture? If doesnt cake up if kept in ur pocket i would be very very susptious. 20 30 degrees C thc is viscous oil.

Edited by Theman (02/25/17 06:28 PM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Crystal THC. 97.3% cannabinoids [Re: Theman]
    #824133 - 02/25/17 06:44 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I assume they start with THC distillate, aka "clear" and refine it a bit more after that somehow. You can make good distillate out of the crappiest oil you can find.

The label is a bit whack on this, THCA 97.13%, CBDA 0%, THC 0%, CBD 0%, Total THC 85.18%. But right above it 2 lines up it says "97.3% Total Cann" which might just be part of their company name. These company names are like strain names, they just make them up depending on what they have. Low and high end products sell under different brands despite being from the same manufacturer.

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Crystal THC. 97.3% cannabinoids [Re: phychotron] * 1
    #824508 - 03/08/17 11:50 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Actually the label makes sense.

If the product comes as THCa, at 97.3% by mass. Then when converted to THC, will work out to roughly 85.xx% THC by mass, with the decimals depending on how precise a number you use for the molar mass of each compound (I used 3 decimal places, and got 85.36% THC).

That stuff looks like THCa too, my understanding is that "freebase" THC forms a larger glassy pseudo-crystalline structure at concentrations exceeding something like 95 or 96 percent. THCa can freely form true crystals, which can achieve that fine powdery look.

The crystals will decarboxylate to THC as they are heated, so you can still easily smoke/vape it. That's some neat looking stuff, wish I could get some without having to build my own extraction setup.

:bobmarley:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Crystal THC. 97.3% cannabinoids [Re: Data]
    #824569 - 03/10/17 02:16 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

But technically still incorrect as mass lost would be gone from total product so u need to subtract that from total starting mass for %..ie some lost as carbon mono or dioxide no?? make sense?

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#824572 - 03/10/17 03:04 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

It makes sense if you are trying to determine % THC in a fully vented, decarboxylated product, but not for what's being sold. If you sell a gram of this stuff in the form of 97.1% THCA, and you are selling based on active THC, indicating the THC content as a % of total product mass makes it easy to determine how much THC you are getting, and thus how to price it.

Same principle applies when dosing, you are measuring out total product weight, and the final form is THC, so you need to know the % of THC of the initial product mass. Otherwise, you can't accurately determine dosage.

--------------------

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#824590 - 03/10/17 10:55 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Right but u cant dose by weight then after u decarb it... only by % of product :wink: cheers

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #825455 - 04/20/17 12:58 AM (7 years, 5 hours ago)

Thats badass.

Never knew u could turn a resin into powdered crystal. :strokebeard:

Sure its not DMT? :lol:

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#825464 - 04/20/17 03:38 AM (7 years, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

Theman said:
Right but u cant dose by weight then after u decarb it... only by % of product :wink: cheers

I still don't understand what you are saying. :doublefacepalm:

First, why would you decarb it? The THCA will decarb as its being consumed.

In the odd case where you do try to decarb prior to consumption, then if you know the mass of the original crystalline product, and the % mass of the THC of said product, and the mass of the final product, then you can calculate:

a) the mass of THC in the original and final product, as decarbing should not result in significant degradation of THC.

b) the % mass of THC in the final product mass, which will allow you a 2nd pathway towards determining THC mass dosage.

--------------------

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#825479 - 04/20/17 09:36 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Mass is different once decarbed yes? So ro get a % by mass u need to use the new mass for the %.  Ie u partually burn a log would the % of sap by mass be same if u burnt half of it and use the same starting mass of the whole log? Ie lost co2 from combusted cellulose etc. Co2 has a mass right?

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: Crystal THC. 97.3% cannabinoids [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #825481 - 04/20/17 09:56 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
Thats badass.

Never knew u could turn a resin into powdered crystal. :strokebeard:

Sure its not DMT? :lol:

Positive, I smoke this stuff and it's heavenly. Happy birthday by the way!

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#825487 - 04/20/17 10:36 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Theman said:
Mass is different once decarbed yes? So ro get a % by mass u need to use the new mass for the %.  Ie u partually burn a log would the % of sap by mass be same if u burnt half of it and use the same starting mass of the whole log? Ie lost co2 from combusted cellulose etc. Co2 has a mass right?

The mass of the CO2 is irrelevant, the initial mass of sample and the percent THC (not THCA) gives you the total mass of THC.

Since CO2 is the only thing lost, and the THC portion of THCA is conserved in the sample, the total mass of THC in the sample remains constant throughout decarboxylation. The burning log analogy is inaccurate because you are burning sap and wood homogenously, as where decarboxylation does not burn THC, it merely removes carbon and oxygen bound to the THC molecule.

Thus, you can calculate the new % mass of THC in the decarboxylated sample by taking the mass of THC, dividing by the new mass of the sample, and multiplying by 100.

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: Crystal THC. 97.3% cannabinoids [Re: Sham87]
    #825536 - 04/21/17 07:27 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Actually it wasnt my birtday, i just wanted to pretend my Birthday was on 4-20. Personal fantasy of mine :grin:

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Crystal THC. 97.3% cannabinoids [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #825564 - 04/23/17 03:19 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

All was saying is if u decarbed it need to use ratios not mass as would be unsure of mg to dose. As 100mg of decarbed is actually higher % thc. As loose the % to atm.

Edited by Theman (04/23/17 03:46 AM)

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#825568 - 04/23/17 01:48 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, I think I understand. My explanation was probably not worded the best way.

The only reason I mentioned converting THCa to THC was to set up the thought experiment, the example was meant to be from an analytical standpoint, with the end results being applied to dosage in the practical application.

What I'm saying is that the mass of THC is a subset of the mass of THCa in the original sample, and is thus described that way in the % mass. If you were (through any ideal processing method) to extract all of the THC out of the original sample, and compared the mass of the total THC extracted to the mass of the original example, then the mass of THC would make up 85.16% of the mass of the original example.

If instead, you used whatever ideal processing method to extract all of the intact THCa out of the original sample, its total mass would comprise 97.13% of the mass of the original sample.

Now, you are partially correct  here
Quote:

Theman said:
All was saying is if u decarbed it need to use ratios not mass as would be unsure of mg to dose. As 100mg of decarbed is actually higher % thc. As loose the % to atm.

In that if you completely erase all known data on the subject, and decided to decarb prior to dosing (which doesn't make sense, but again that might be my original example misleading you) then you would have a higher %mass of THC in the decarbed sample.

However, since we do know the % THC (and honestly, that isn't even necessary if we know the % THCa), and we can measure it out easily...then we can much more easily work through the math to determine the mass of the decarbed sample that would equate to the proper dosage of THC.

But all of this aside, I want to make it clear that it is not practical to decarb any of this prior to dosage. That is counterproductive, and I apologize if my first example mislead you into the assumption that decarbing was actually part of the process. The sample should be dosed AS-IS, utilizing the % THC on the label to determine how much of the sample you need to consume in order to get the right dosage (in mg) of THC. The sample will decarb on its own as it vaporizes, and the mass of THC will be conserved, my original explanation was only intended as a thought experiment to explain why the numbers were the way the were on the label, and should not be mistaken as a method for consuming the product.

If this doesn't clear things up, then I'm not really sure what will...

--------------------

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#825650 - 04/30/17 05:57 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

:smile: think we are on same page. Next time need a white board lol

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#825653 - 04/30/17 11:17 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Word :pipesmoke: chemistry via text can be confusing.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale